• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm blue now.
That is my attack. :p

And god that took a while for the title to make sense finally. :laugh:

Rainbow Six Siege's free weekend is broken. They ****ed up a free period and I can't play. Ubisoft please.
I'm blue now.

TFW one mod leaves, one mod is super busy and "lurking" and the other mod is super busy and lives in Japan

;_;7 RIP Opossum's moderatorship. May it be looked back at fondly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can anyone tell me if Witches have normal animations? Felicia doesn't want to let me know
Lol Shadowgift
>Only Dark Magic tome in the entire game is Nosferatu
>Cannot trigger skills or crits

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder if the Devil Axe just flies out of his hand and hits his head or something. :laugh:

:231:
The preacher in Shadow Dragon that gave me the darn thing went on some rant about it drinking blood or something, so IDK.

Also probably why I thought it was a class, because Archanea or some crud.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, it was either her or Elise so

Being hindered by Flame Shuriken's penalties isn't that good
Dumped an Arms Scroll on her, gonna have to grind that Tome rank
Good think Izana and Flora can make for substitute Staff bots in her place
And, damn, I love that outfit
An interesting thing to note is if Felicia is made a Witch early game, she has the quickest access to Warp. She levels up quickly and all she would need is 3 levels. If she gets Warp early on, she can make a great healer throughout the game if reclassed back to a Maid as she can now Warp to allies and heal them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm blue now.

You've retired as well?

...it always takes me a while to get used to the sight of a member when they go from being a moderator to being a standard user. Or the other way around, of course. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah since I'm not a mod anymore I can say it now.

For those of you who didn't figure it out, @Illuminati is my approved alt account, though I'll likely not use it anymore since I always used it for mod-type pranks and such. :p

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen was the only one who caught on to the right-in-plain sight clue. :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're not a mod anymore Opossum Opossum

I mean, now you're like me. :013:

Still, congrats? I think.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had an alternate account, but I can't remember the password

It was so I could post less popular ideas during the Brawl days

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've just noticed Opossum Opossum is no longer a moderator. Is there any reason as to why?

Well, I'm sure you've had a good run while being a staff member.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Quick question: Anyone know how to read the Mega Man Archie comics outside the US? I'm interested, wouldn't even mind paying for Archie
Also, beat Mega Man X and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. After struggling with the dash, I ended up gittin gud, and honestly, I agree with everyone, it's an amazing game you should always try. KatAM was the first Kirby game I played, yet I never got farther than 3 shards. It feels so god getting my hands on it again after all these years, and finally beating it

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Illumipossum confirmed?

And here I thought Oppossum was just getting tired of putting Swamp in the title...

Anyways speaking of Swamp in the title the next batch of SNES titles gets released today if I'm not mistaken....I demand to see 'A Link to the Swamp' in the title! I DEMAND IT!!!!

Oh yeah since I'm not a mod anymore I can say it now.

For those of you who didn't figure it out, @Illuminati is my approved alt account, though I'll likely not use it anymore since I always used it for mod-type pranks and such. :p

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen was the only one who caught on to the right-in-plain sight clue. :laugh:
I noticed a little while back when I saw "linked accounts: Illuminati" on your profile :p

I had an alternate account, but I can't remember the password

It was so I could post less popular ideas during the Brawl days
INB4 banned for announcing you have an alt

Ironically, I too have an alt but it was for good purposes I swear

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Never had a reason for an alt so I didn't.

If I did, I might have used my old World of Warcraft name "Shnoogalayga" or my Serebii account name "Gary's Ho-Oh"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've just noticed Opossum Opossum is no longer a moderator. Is there any reason as to why?

Well, I'm sure you've had a good run while being a staff member.
Left for personal reasons. Long story short a lot's been going on in my life and I can't devote as much time to moderating.

I noticed a little while back when I saw "linked accounts: Illuminati" on your profile :p

INB4 banned for announcing you have an alt

Ironically, I too have an alt but it was for good purposes I swear
RIP Dummy. ;.;7

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

gamexplain pls

Taking a break from Lost Reavers. Got a couple of hours in, seems like a cool game but it still has a few problems.

Victoria instantly clicked with me, she's basically like Bayonetta if she were blonde and American, both in how she acts and how she fights. She can get combo moves involving her revolver and pistol and attach different attributes to them like stun potential or juggle potential. I ended up just making her my main because of the leveling and mission progression system meaning I may as well, rather than starting fresh with someone else.

If anyone wants to ask me questions before trying it out then fire ahead, but the game is free so no harm in trying it yourself if you have a Wii U.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It seems like quite a few mods that frequent the various social threads have stepped down since I first joined on here. . .

I wonder how many uplifts have occurred in that timespan? I think I kind of remember one, but that's it. And one mod who stepped down and the re-accepted the position, but that's not quite the same thing.

My old alt was @Kid Icarus Dog

Aw man, its gone.
OK, I'm laughing. The more obscure KI:U references are made, the better. :joyful:

I'd just like to remind everyone that Kid Icarus Uprising's OST is so crazy that even SWAMPASAUR'S dog has a theme

THE DOG

And it's good

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd just like to remind everyone that Kid Icarus Uprising's OST is so crazy that even the dog has a theme

THE DOG

And it's good
That's actually the online lobby theme, too. :joyful:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah, the request finally processed!

Opossum Opossum nice! And this made me think, what happens when mods step down in one section of the site.. we are down 2 here, and I think only push and frost can mod here. Or can you to FalKoopa FalKoopa ? Does warchamp or the other admins look for replacements from those who applied, or is it left the way it is, unless further mod increases are thought to be needed?

Was just curious, as I wanted to know how those type of things work.

The alt discussion is hilarious. I haven't had an alt on here, so I don't have ridiculous stories to tell lol.

I was just thinking though:

If the next splatfest doesn't reference the salty spittoon, there needs to be riots.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'd just like to remind everyone that Kid Icarus Uprising's OST is so crazy that even SWAMPASAUR'S dog has a theme

THE DOG

And it's good
My favorite track in that game (or at least one of them) has to be Aurum Island.
Because when I think of an alien invasion, I think of jazz.

_Sheik

Smash Lord

My first reaction upon seeing this was hype. However, all of my excitement faded away when I saw there were prices for almost all of those DLC. I feel like we're back at the Mii Costumes era; outfits are cool and the more there is, the happier I get, but only when they are free content. This feels like forcing paid content down our throats just for the benefit of gaining money from consumers. *pats Splatoon*

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone else have a feeling the Toys-to-life balloon may be deflating? I'm seeing Skylanders go for less than £25 these days.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh and cI say, it's quite nice to have such high quality rips back:

Did not expect these to their full extent lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still prefer turn based RPGs as I like taking my time during each turn, not rush through the menu in the time given. I like playing at my own pace.

Pokemon is definitely a good example of a good turn-based game, since one of the main strategies is type match-ups, and there really isn't any unfair moments in the main stories either.

But then you have games like Puzzle & Dragons, where there are enemies who just downright murder you with a single blow, and not even a full party of level 99 monsters can save you from their wrath.

And then on the Super Mario Bros. Edition side...

Left for personal reasons. Long story short a lot's been going on in my life and I can't devote as much time to moderating.
At least you chose to leave the moderator spot. My moderator status was stripped away by force, because I was just very timid with handling specific offenses, and I also lacked the necessary social skills that a moderator was expected to have.

I never did mention this to anyone, but I did plan on resigning from the moderator position before the end of May, but things pretty much got ugly before I had a chance to mention about resigning, and as such, I lost the moderator status sooner than I had planned.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon is definitely a good example of a good turn-based game, since one of the main strategies is type match-ups, and there really isn't any unfair moments in the main stories either.

But then you have games like Puzzle & Dragons, where there are enemies who just downright murder you with a single blow, and not even a full party of level 99 monsters can save you from their wrath.

And then on the Super Mario Bros. Edition side...

At least you chose to leave the moderator spot. My moderator status was stripped away by force, because I was just very timid with handling specific offenses, and I also lacked the necessary social skills that a moderator was expected to have.

I never did mention this to anyone, but I did plan on resigning from the moderator position before the end of May, but things pretty much got ugly before I had a chance to mention about resigning, and as such, I lost the moderator status sooner than I had planned.
Puzzle and dragons on the 3ds wasn't that bad. Anubis(2nd pic) gives you five turns to win, and there are many options for winning. The later bosses( like the 1st pic) are hard and definitely require fast timing, but I didn't think they were bad as comboing was easy.

The super Mario Bros Edition is absolutely terrible though. I'll enjoy for like a minute and the game finds the dumbest ways to kill you instantly.

Ah, the request finally processed!

Opossum Opossum nice! And this made me think, what happens when mods step down in one section of the site.. we are down 2 here, and I think only push and frost can mod here. Or can you to FalKoopa FalKoopa ? Does warchamp or the other admins look for replacements from those who applied, or is it left the way it is, unless further mod increases are thought to be needed?

The alt discussion is hilarious. I haven't had an alt on here, so I don't have ridiculous stories to tell lol.

I was just thinking though:

If the next splatfest doesn't reference the salty spittoon, there needs to be riots.
Obviously they are going to replace him with me. I did apply after all :shades:

I don't think this area really needs more than 2 mods TBH
My favorite track in that game (or at least one of them) has to be Aurum Island.
Because when I think of an alien invasion, I think of jazz.
Whenever I think of how crazy diverse Kid Icarus's OST is this is the 2nd song I think of (After Dark Pit's crazy guitar based theme. I love this song just for how much it stands out TBH.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Obviously they are going to replace him with me. I did apply after all :shades:

I don't think this area really needs more than 2 mods TBH

Whenever I think of how crazy diverse Kid Icarus's OST is this is the 2nd song I think of (After Dark Pit's crazy guitar based theme. I love this song just for how much it stands out TBH.
I'll pack my bags and live before you take over then.
:p
But yeah, the N zone is pretty much only active in this thread, with the others not usually as big throughout the day. So it should be fine.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Depends on if Push and Frost can handle the thread by themselves.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Puzzle and dragons on the 3ds wasn't that bad. Anubis(2nd pic) gives you five turns to win, and there are many options for winning. The later bosses( like the 1st pic) are hard and definitely require fast timing, but I didn't think they were bad as comboing was easy.

The super Mario Bros Edition is absolutely terrible though. I'll enjoy for like a minute and the game finds the dumbest ways to kill you instantly.
At least you're given continues in the Super Mario Bros. Edition, and there are a lot more characters with sub-attributes as well. In Puzzle & Dragons Z, getting defeated even once forces you to have to redo the dungeon, and in the harder dungeons, even the non-boss enemies can be pure evil.

Five level 99s, and yet you're hardly making any progress, and to add insult to injury, you're also poisoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom