• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone else have a feeling the Toys-to-life balloon may be deflating? I'm seeing Skylanders go for less than £25 these days.
It might very well be, going by just how many times amiibo/Skylanders/Disney Infinity/Lego Dimensions characters are on sale. Market saturation, really. I feel it'd be best at this point if they seriously considered price decreases.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If me being mod means you get to live they should probably mod me ASAP :crazy:

I have been saying ASAP a lot more since playing XCX >_>

TBH even if you are joking at least one person would probably leave if I were given mod powers
I don't know if anyone would actually leave. I'd hope not at least....

And I should get back into XCX. I still need to beat TW101 though, and I'm working on levels in Mario maker, playing pokken, fates, star sapphire, and focusing on the remainder of my college work. At least next week is the last for my 1st year!

EDIT: Forgot to add this:
At least you're given continues in the Super Mario Bros. Edition, and there are a lot more characters with sub-attributes as well. In Puzzle & Dragons Z, getting defeated even once forces you to have to redo the dungeon, and in the harder dungeons, even the non-boss enemies can be pure evil.

Five level 99s, and yet you're hardly making any progress, and to add insult to injury, you're also poisoned.
True, even with that I've lost way more in Mario edition.

Although in Puzzle and Dragons Z, I'm on the next dark dragon after the one you linked. That's pretty tough, stage and all. Usually I can come up with strategies for them, but this one's challenging. The special tablet missions are extremely difficult though. I've only gotten about half way through each.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've been neglecting Xenoblade like crazy since getting the New 3DS...Hyrule Warriors Legends didn't help...neither will the SNES titles...nor does Pokken, or Super Mario Maker...

And I've yet to pick up Fates either...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It might very well be, going by just how many times amiibo/Skylanders/Disney Infinity/Lego Dimensions characters are on sale. Market saturation, really. I feel it'd be best at this point if they seriously considered price decreases.
Well Game's mark-up has gone down a few pounds so there's that. Personally I think that Nintendo should have some kind of amiibo back up feature so that you can use Mario for more than just Smash. Can't be that much data stored on them right?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
True, even with that I've lost way more in Mario edition.

Although in Puzzle and Dragons Z, I'm on the next dark dragon after the one you linked. That's pretty tough, stage and all. Usually I can come up with strategies for them, but this one's challenging. The special tablet missions are extremely difficult though. I've only gotten about half way through each.
As ridiculous as the Super Mario Bros. Edition was with its harder courses, I was able to complete the whole game before the software update even existed. I did download the update to see what it was all about, but in the end, it seemed rather pointless to update the game if you've already completed it as a whole. Unless of course, you actually want to go through the Score Attack madness.

D

Deleted member

An interesting thing to note is if Felicia is made a Witch early game, she has the quickest access to Warp. She levels up quickly and all she would need is 3 levels. If she gets Warp early on, she can make a great healer throughout the game if reclassed back to a Maid as she can now Warp to allies and heal them.
Speaking of Warp, I love how the dodge animation is her teleporting away
And how the hat is the "tome"
I just wish I could make use of it in my main save but lol grinding in Conquest
where there are enemies who just downright murder you with a single blow, and not even a full party of level 99 monsters can save you from their wrath.
Pfft, these people complaining about their JRPGs clearly have never played Etrian Odyssey
Not even a retired Lv.99 party will be able to take down the final boss easily
And with that I mean you'll need to know patterns and have a clear strat otheriwse you'll be dead on three turns

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In terms of amiibo, the bubble is going a bit because A) they're much better stocked now, and B) the Smash Bros line has calmed down and will be finished soon (unless they decide to do alts and stuff).

And they just don't have enough compelling uses. Shovel Knight is the best game for amiibo, ironically. Even if it's just the one.

And to be honest, Animal Crossing isn't the best series for amiibo and it's the big new one they are doing after Smash. There is nothing to use them in besides amiibo Festival and the appeal of individual characters is nowhere near as wide as other franchises they could do. I'm personally hoping they continue the Super Mario line, and I'd love for the next third party one to be a Sonic series of amiibo. I'm also interested in getting Zelda series ones.

Dunno where I would put many more right now though. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pfft, these people complaining about their JRPGs clearly have never played Etrian Odyssey
Not even a retired Lv.99 party will be able to take down the final boss easily
And with that I mean you'll need to know patterns and have a clear strat otheriwse you'll be dead on three turns
All I can say about Puzzle & Dragons is that in the harder dungeons, you're often required to have to go all out on the ATK multipliers if you want to take down the stronger monsters. However, this does mean that your maximum HP will be lower than if your team focuses more on high HP.

Unfortunately, the stronger ATK multipliers often require you to perform more difficult tasks to activate. In the Super Mario Bros. Edition, you can only activate Cat Luigi's Leader Skill and Super Rosalina's Helper Skill by clearing all five Orb attributes in a single turn, and that's only possible to do in a 5-color Heartless Course, or in a Normal Course; a task like that is even more difficult to accomplish when you have Heart Orbs in the way.

A 30.25x ATK multiplier can surely deliver a lot of damage, even against Dry Bowser, when paired alongside a high combo, but just activating a multiplier that massive is a huge challenge if you're not able to meet the requirements for activating the Skills.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In celebration of passing 1 Million units sold, Yacht Club Games have put up an infographic with more statistics for Shovel Knight..

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As ridiculous as the Super Mario Bros. Edition was with its harder courses, I was able to complete the whole game before the software update even existed. I did download the update to see what it was all about, but in the end, it seemed rather pointless to update the game if you've already completed it as a whole. Unless of course, you actually want to go through the Score Attack madness.
There was an update? I had no idea. I haven't gotten around to beating it yet, or played in awhile, so I didn't='t know about it.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
In terms of amiibo, the bubble is going a bit because A) they're much better stocked now, and B) the Smash Bros line has calmed down and will be finished soon (unless they decide to do alts and stuff).

And they just don't have enough compelling uses. Shovel Knight is the best game for amiibo, ironically. Even if it's just the one.

And to be honest, Animal Crossing isn't the best series for amiibo and it's the big new one they are doing after Smash. There is nothing to use them in besides amiibo Festival and the appeal of individual characters is nowhere near as wide as other franchises they could do. I'm personally hoping they continue the Super Mario line, and I'd love for the next third party one to be a Sonic series of amiibo. I'm also interested in getting Zelda series ones.

Dunno where I would put many more right now though. :p
Much better stocked but still no :4samus: amiibo...Nintendo when?

Also I feel like a Ridley amiibo would sell pretty frikkin well if released...

But I'm definitely down for more Zelda amiibos...

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I know this is already been addressed but people complain about Smash 3ds for being the reason for cut content, and being a "Direct downgrade to the Wii U ver." even though what they don't understand that IT"S SMASH 3DS, A PORTABLE SMASH GAME PEOPLE WANTED SINCE BRAWL! People wanted to play Smash wherever you go, like to School, to you job, to a trip, to a vacation, you can play Smash in those places with Smash 3ds. Nintendo gave the fans what they wanted and they complain about it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Much better stocked but still no :4samus: amiibo...Nintendo when?
Depends on where you live. I see Samus all of the time.

Outside of the usual suspects that are hard to find everywhere, the main two that I haven't seen at all since launch are Sonic and Mega Man. I still see the odd Pac-Man, but Sonic and Mega Man have been MIA over here as soon as their initial run dried up.

Mega Man I understand, but Sonic is actually pretty popular in Ireland so I don't know why there isn't more of him here.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
All you people posting Kid Icarus music... are making me want a new game so badly.

Just twenty-one more years... *cries*

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Depends on where you live. I see Samus all of the time.

Outside of the usual suspects that are hard to find everywhere, the main two that I haven't seen at all since launch are Sonic and Mega Man. I still see the odd Pac-Man, but Sonic and Mega Man have been MIA over here as soon as their initial run dried up.

Mega Man I understand, but Sonic is actually pretty popular in Ireland so I don't know why there isn't more of him here.
Pretty sure she's unicorn here in Canada...though I did manage to find Villager, Marth, and Capt Falcon so...

Its pretty much been the same for the third parties...never saw Megaman, did see Sonic briefly and Pac-Man shows up here and there...

All you people posting Kid Icarus music... are making me want a new game so badly.

Just twenty-one more years... *cries*
It could be worse. The game could be based on a control scheme that needs a very specific piece of equipment (a second screen that is a touchscreen) and not be able to function on any console without it.

:cry:

Nintendo confirmed to hate Donkey Kong

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It could be worse. The game could be based on a control scheme that needs a very specific piece of equipment (a second screen that is a touchscreen) and not be able to function on any console without it.

I don't know, I think the Wii U gamepad and (please dear God) the NX may be able to handle it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A thought occurs. IF the NX is gonna have upgraded WiiU games, do you think it'll be compatable with the actual WiiU gamepad too? The WiiU worked with Wiimotes after all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A thought occurs. IF the NX is gonna have upgraded WiiU games, do you think it'll be compatable with the actual WiiU gamepad too? The WiiU worked with Wiimotes after all.
I think it will, and I think they will possibly start selling a "GamePad Lite" too, individually, that works with both Wii U and NX.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The hell is up with how resigned we all are lately?

If the collective greater Nintendo fandom took all the time and energy we spend being cynical and/or complaining and used it to pester Nintendo as to why they aren't doing what we want, we'd be at least a good half a dozen games closer to an ideal library and a half a dozen other games would be less of a train wreck than they would have been otherwise.

I've been thinking this near constantly lately. It's also the root of my insistence that we say exactly what we want or don't want out of a game instead of just complaining about something already in it that's only vaguely related.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

If the collective greater Nintendo fandom took all the time and energy we spend being cynical and/or complaining and used it to pester Nintendo as to why they aren't doing what we want, we'd be at least a good half a dozen games closer to an ideal library and a half a dozen other games would be less of a train wreck than they would have been otherwise.

I've been thinking this near constantly lately. It's also the root of my insistence that we say exactly what we want or don't want out of a game instead of just complaining about something already in it that's only vaguely related.
I agree. If you want something, speak up! You're buying their stuff, and they do listen.

I think Club Nintendo was a great idea for this. They could get opinions and reward us for them.

Is the new system going to do this?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
All I can say about Puzzle & Dragons is that in the harder dungeons, you're often required to have to go all out on the ATK multipliers if you want to take down the stronger monsters. However, this does mean that your maximum HP will be lower than if your team focuses more on high HP.

Unfortunately, the stronger ATK multipliers often require you to perform more difficult tasks to activate. In the Super Mario Bros. Edition, you can only activate Cat Luigi's Leader Skill and Super Rosalina's Helper Skill by clearing all five Orb attributes in a single turn, and that's only possible to do in a 5-color Heartless Course, or in a Normal Course; a task like that is even more difficult to accomplish when you have Heart Orbs in the way.

A 30.25x ATK multiplier can surely deliver a lot of damage, even against Dry Bowser, when paired alongside a high combo, but just activating a multiplier that massive is a huge challenge if you're not able to meet the requirements for activating the Skills.
I can't speak for the Mario version, but I didn't feel like the ATK multiplier skills were too hard to set up in Z. For instance, if you have a lot of True Dragon type monsters, Asura is a great leader to have as he gives a passive 2x attack power to each one. Many of those True Dragons also have varied skills, which can allow you access to a healer, a guard breaker, or full on attacker, which gives you a lot of flexibility for most situations. There are monsters like Garuda and Ra that demand a specific criteria to be met (for them, it's the number of combos you make), but thankfully, you do have access to skills that make it more lenient on you. The Chronoturtle support for instance has access to a time stopping skill, and that will allow you to at least get 4 or 5 combos off in one turn and activate the bonus. So I didn't feel the game forced you to use weaker set-ups just to get the multipliers you need, it does give you some leeway to work with the options you have and make the most of them to get through each situation.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

The Muppets are perfection.

Are you guys familiar with them?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
As a person who play Conquest, Conquest has a better story than Birthrights, and Conquest Corrin being better than what people make it out to be. Corrin goes through many hardships in Conquest, and even shows his downsides more heavily there, the Royals (Minus Garon) understand both Hoshido, and themselves already while Hoshido people think that Nohr is nothing but Bad people, and not a single good one. Corrin is not as bad as Hans, or Iago either who kill innocents randomly. The game feels more personality, and is more fun due me liking awakening.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Aaand I've been doing plenty of that.

I honestly don't see the problem with being critical.

I could stand to do less of it, admittedly. Not just with games, but in general. But in Nintendo's case, it's hard not to be critical since they are one of the most tone deaf gaming companies in existence.

If that were true we would have had Mother 3 ages ago and Fed Force would have been cancelled (hah)

Nintendo isn't exactly a company to consistently bend to criticism. Looking at you Color Splash.

If anyone isn't familiar with the Muppets they need a good slap in the face or three.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

We've been doing that a lot, but since there's not much new to talk about its literally just beating a dead horse at this point...we've all accepted that we should wait until e3 or whenever the next direct will be before we start complaining some more...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I agree. If you want something, speak up! You're buying their stuff, and they do listen.

I think Club Nintendo was a great idea for this. They could get opinions and reward us for them.

Is the new system going to do this?
I don't know. Haven't heard anything about it, so probably at least not yet.

Maybe they think social media will take care of it for them now.

On that note, I've finally decided to walk the walk.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just one tweet from one person won't do much of anything, admittedly, but one is better than nothing.

Aaand I've been doing plenty of that.

I honestly don't see the problem with being critical.

I could stand to do less of it, admittedly. Not just with games, but in general. But in Nintendo's case, it's hard not to be critical since they are one of the most tone deaf gaming companies in existence.
I'm not saying you can't criticize anything, although sometimes I wish the fandom would be a little less bitter about how they word it due to the sheer number and magnitude of people upset any time Nintendo ever does anything. . .

I'm just saying that for the amount of effort put into it, it would be far more efficient to focus more of those opinions closer to their ears.

If that were true we would have had Mother 3 ages ago and Fed Force would have been cancelled (hah)

Nintendo isn't exactly a company to consistently bend to criticism. Looking at you Color Splash.

If anyone isn't familiar with the Muppets they need a good slap in the face or three.
OK, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but I do think that we tend to voice our opinions far more heavily between ourselves than to Nintendo.

Cancelling something after money has been pumped into it and it's already far enough into development to have gameplay footage doesn't happen because at that point they've dumped enough money into it that they financially need to try to sell it or else they've lost more money by just cutting the cord than they would by just launching a flop.

Don't know what the heck they're thinking with Mother 3 and Color Splash, but maybe for a while they assumed the former was an echo chamber and the latter. . .yeah the latter was an objectively terrible idea with no actual defense but at least they seem ashamed of it judging by how they hardly covered it when it was announced.

We've been doing that a lot, but since there's not much new to talk about its literally just beating a dead horse at this point...we've all accepted that we should wait until e3 or whenever the next direct will be before we start complaining some more...
. . .We have? I'm pretty sure the subject of Nintendo comes up a lot whether I bring it up or not anyway and it always ends in complaining regardless.

D

Deleted member

As a person who play Conquest, Conquest has a better story than Birthrights, and Conquest Corrin being better than what people make it out to be. Corrin goes through many hardships in Conquest, and even shows his downsides more heavily there, the Royals (Minus Garon) understand both Hoshido, and themselves already while Hoshido people think that Nohr is nothing but Bad people, and not a single good one. Corrin is not as bad as Hans, or Iago either who kill innocents randomly. The game feels more personality, and is more fun due me liking awakening.
Chapter15.png
Anything related to it, really
Which is, like, 50% of the rest of the game
Also, the final chapter

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

:cry:

Nintendo confirmed to hate Donkey Kong
Uprising could easily work with a second analog stick instead of a touchscreen.

Let's take the energy we spend complaining and use it to complain!

Personally I think it's probably better to first see what Nintendo's new approach is actually going to be before complaining about it. Nintendo obviously is in the process of changing, let's see where they go with it before getting all censorious about it. It does sound like they have genuinely taken some of the longtime criticisms to heart, even if its by necessity.

And that's coming from someone who has had more negative things to say about the company than positive things as of late.

He'd actually probably find it funny.

OK, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but I do think that we tend to voice our opinions far more heavily between ourselves than to Nintendo.
Probably because we'll actually listen and respond to each other.

If you want to go all grassroots about it you're gonna need something on the level of Rainfall to make a difference. And even then it's not always going to work. I mean if you feel like galvanizing people that's fine, but sending in a bunch of disjointed complaints is nothing new to any gaming company. Gamers are not shy when it comes to expressing dissatisfaction online, whether to each other or the company.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom