• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm starting to get tired of Smash 4 montages nowadays.

It's always the same Alpharad clone BS with Reddit level memes being in it and having absolutely no creativity. Especially when Melee montages aren't filled to the brim with memes

I would probably make something different but I have bad video editing software and skills and 3DS only

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got Pokken today.

It's good, but that's about all I can say. Doesn't feel like a huge leap from the demo because of the lack of stuff to do.

I haven't seriously practiced though. The single player is stupid easy so going from that to online is like night and day.

Gonna play Lost Reavers now, if anyone wants to play, let me know.

D

Deleted member

Reminder who the best FE villain is
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1460733384444.png
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1460733392762.png
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1460733400901.png

10 Pranks That Went Way Too Far

In all seriousness though, Lyon's charactetization in Ephraim's route is much better
Here he shows his inferiority complex towards the siblings, his flaws are more apparent, resists the Demon King's attenpt of devouring his soul and how, despite doing all of this in his own free will, he still just wants to do good
He knows he'll become the Demon King and try to destroy everything once he does the ritual but for him, it's the only way to save Grado from the earthquake he had a vision of
He even asks Ephraim to go kill him once that happens
Also, that basically cuts out the DK's character from it aka the only generic character in the whole game
Lyon is a 10/10 character
He's also too good for this world... unfortunately

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've heard the Resident Evil movies are generally considered to be "tolerable". Not a good film series but not absolutely horrid either, like a lot of movies based on games are.

Meanwhile, there's still Half-Life and Portal movies in the writing stages.
I consider Super Mario Bros. and Doom my guilty pleasure movies - SMB because it's such a bizarre, refreshing take on the series, and they turned it into a dystopia which happens to be my favorite genre, and Doom because even though the rest of the movie is crap they ripped off of The Cave, there's no denying the First Person scene was hyyyyype.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know why, but whenever I look back at the following video, it almost feels like it's the very first stage in Star Fox Zero.

Looks can be quite deceiving though. Of course, since one video does show that the Gigarilla does get used by the player at one point, that kind of stage would have to take place "after" the Gigarilla boss battle in the video here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This news honestly makes me kind of sad because I remember reading somewhere that Robin Williams wanted to be Professor Oak in a live action Pokémon movie.
:(
Really? That is sad, he could have been great to.
:(
That is a horrible idea, and it's probably even worse than horrible as well. Some things should never be turned into live-action films, especially once you've looked at the Super Mario Bros. film.

Even the new live-action Ninja Turtles are not good for my tastes (the turtles look very ugly when compared to their computer animated counterparts from the 2012 TV series, AND the 2007 TMNT movie), though others may think otherwise.
I mean it may sound bad now, but as FalKoopa FalKoopa said, if the cgi and design is done right, it could do really well. I'll wait until it we see it fully or a trailer before I judge it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
OMG those dislikes

Is this the movie adaptation? If so I bet it'll be forgettable like every other movie game (FYI, I actually enjoyed the new Ghostbusters film trailer)

Plus I doubt it'll top 2009's Ghostbusters game (with the original cast lending their voices, the original film writers on project, and a canon story that's basically Ghostbusters 3).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And that, my friends, is why tightly clinging on to nostalgia is a horrible thing to do.

I've been neutral about this new direction ever since the announcement trailer, and this is further giving me more reasons why not to care about the vitriol.

Because heaven forbid they make a leading character a woman! Oh the humanity.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OMG those dislikes

Well to be perfectly fair, the gameplay presentation seems like it's deliberately going by too fast for anyone to see what it actually is, the gameplay itself looks pretty unappealing at first glance and seems something like if Ratchet And Clank All 4 One were slowed to the speed of molasses only with all the cool weapons gutted, and the graphics seem like they're at least a generation out of date.

That said, that's clearly not why everyone's downvoting this. Even though it SHOULD be, as all things considered the controversy over the sequel series' protagonists should come second in this case to the fact that this doesn't even look enjoyable.

I mean really, Federation Force doesn't look the greatest, what with the irritating looking "push a ball in a hole" gimmick for at least one boss fight and it's own reliance on team mechanics, but even that looks a huge amount better than this. Probably because Federation Force is actually trying.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That game is going to give Federation Force a run for it's money for being the most hated game.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Its a movie adapted into a video game, which has about as poor of a track record as vice versa...

There's a couple exceptions such as Goldeneye and various Star Wars games, but for the most part these games tend to be mediocre at best...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Its a movie adapted into a video game, which has about as poor of a track record as vice versa...

There's a couple exceptions such as Goldeneye and various Star Wars games, but for the most part these games tend to be mediocre at best...
Sure. But I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the only reason for the dislikes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Can we also talk about Federation Force?

How many Metroid fans here actually hate it?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The ghostbusters movie just seems money grabby to me, which is why I don't like it, but It's also not something I even think about, as I'm more looking forward to civil war and other movies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The ghostbusters movie just seems money grabby to me, which is why I don't like it, but It's also not something I even think about, as I'm more looking forward to civil war and other movies.
Second that for myself.

Here's my gauntlet: Civil War's going to be better than then the two Avenger movies.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Not what I had in mind but I don't hate it...I like to stay open minded at least until I play the game...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see nothing wrong with Federation Force other than its odd artstyle.

Gameplay-wise, it just looks like the original Prime games.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The art style doesn't feel like Metroid (why go for Chibi of all things?) nor does it have that same atmosphere due to the new lighthearted direction. Then there's the attempt at trying to canonize sports in the Metroid universe. Not to mention the gameplay looks way too slow and simple to be fun like the real Metroud Prime games.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, that's way more salt than the usual anti-yaoi salt you see on YouTube.
I've never heard about that before, but now I'm rather interested. :p

And that, my friends, is why tightly clinging on to nostalgia is a horrible thing to do.

I've been neutral about this new direction ever since the announcement trailer, and this is further giving me more reasons why not to care about the vitriol.

Because heaven forbid they make a leading character a woman! Oh the humanity.
Heaven forbid that it's actually because the movie looks bland at best and that the women in the movie are used for excuses. Both an excuse to make another movie AND repent any sort of critism because "you're just sexist."

If you want to see a female Ghostbusters crew done right, the IDW comics are a way better example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
SO, can anyone link me to the statistic that in Pokémon Red, blue and yellow, shinys are in the code, but don't appear due to the lack of color, thus pokemon yellow on vc allows for shinys.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm not buying Federation Force.

I don't find the style change that bad.

The sports thing is still weird.

And I really don't care about the way that they're trying to expand things.

But the reason I'm not getting it is because I have 0 interest to play the game solo and from what I've seen it's... very monster huntery.

Which in my opinion isn't a good thing.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
well of course its money grabby they announced it like a week after harold ramis died ( they did the same thing with jumanji and labyrinth when robin williams and david bowie died)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm under the impression that Blast Ball is along the same lines as say MP2 multiplayer as its part of the game as a separate mode entirely...Tanabe stated that its basically just a tutorial in mini-game form...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I've never heard about that before, but now I'm rather interested. :p
Believe me, you'd be surprised. Plenty of yaoi videos (especially the more explicit ones) get enough dislikes (but not too much) from haters that dislike our interests. You even see at least one troll complaining about this "gay ****" ruining their fandom or characters in each comment section. It's not too uncommon to find them on Shonen videos either since one guy threatened people that they better not ship Kacchan or Deku on a My Hero Academia video (which already happened since the manga came out in 2014). :laugh:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
SO, can anyone link me to the statistic that in Pokémon Red, blue and yellow, shinys are in the code, but don't appear due to the lack of color, thus pokemon yellow on vc allows for shinys.
Afaik Shiny Pokémon aren't in the code of Gen I games.

That said, Gen II treats a Pokémon as Shiny based on its IVs, so Shiny Pokémon do technically exist in Gen I. But you won't see anything shiny in Gen I games, you'll see it only if you trade forward.

:231:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hm, I can't seem to find anything on the Cutting Room Floor site, so it wasn't in the original for certain. It could be a change for the VC release, though I'm not sure they'd go that route when the only changes were ones deemed necessary for the update to the new generation.

Edit: :4greninja:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom