• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's kind if crazy to think smash speculation can start up all over again in just a few months. I mean we just finished all the DLC speculation and we have the potential to start all over again relatively soon.

All it would take is saying the port will have innanounced characters and the carnage will be glorious. E3 is going to be fun. :chuckle:
I kind of feel if there is any new content in smash NX they'd reveal it all the same time with it's reveal than slowly over time

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Wait... I've heard many times that if Smash Bros got a port to the next console (specifically for the NX), it could get new content? Is that how it works with most ports to next generation game consoles? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, btw. Just want to clarify on this as it would be intriguing if this happens. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait... I've heard many times that if Smash Bros got a port to the next console (specifically for the NX), it could get new content? Is that how it works with most ports to next generation game consoles? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, btw. Just want to clarify on this as it would be intriguing if this happens. :p
Twilight Princess got the extra features of motion control and the ENTIRE WORLD mirrored

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's not necessarily the case though it does make sense when you consider it makes the NX version that much more enticing for consumers, especially if you look at Hyrule Warriors Legends as precedence for a port getting additional content...

With that said though for all we know it may just be a vanilla port that will simply include all DLC within the base game with no additional content...

This is of course assuming this port is going to happen....

However if we do get added content I don't think they're going to reveal everything at once, as Smash speculation is a lot more fun when they tease the fanbase...:p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
View attachment 103749

Kirby's drawings are beautiful.
Considering he's holding onto the crayon with a nub of flesh, he's practically Michelangelo.

I got a rumor for you

The new pokemon game may or may not have fire, water, and grass starters.

It also may be based on hawaii, but y'know during development some things change.

Also, there may or may not be 150 new pokemon. But it's possible they could limit that and release the rest gen 8
I have a rumor, too.

Inkling may or may not be in the next full Smash Bros title.

My sources aren't 100%, though.

Said sources may also be bull and I may be guessing out of my-*punched*

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It's not necessarily the case though it does make sense when you consider it makes the NX version that much more enticing for consumers, especially if you look at Hyrule Warriors Legends as precedence for a port getting additional content...

With that said though for all we know it may just be a vanilla port that will simply include all DLC within the base game with no additional content...

This is of course assuming this port is going to happen....

However if we do get added content I don't think they're going to reveal everything at once, as Smash speculation is a lot more fun when they tease the fanbase...:p
Interesting. While I'd love to see a few more characters (especially the return of the Ice Climbers as a home console exclusive and then King K.Rool as a well deserved newcomer), Sakurai had said that he was taking a much needed break. Would he be up to putting in a few more even though it's literally only been about a few months since Smash DLC ended?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Of they do add extra content it'll be less characters and more of extra stages, Mii fighter costumes and possibly even newer stuff like my alternate costume hopes, new modes and Twitch functionality.

The only reason I don't see anything extra is if Sakurai is confirmed working on those ideas and at this point he probably wants a vacation and wants to work on a new original game like hopefully resurrect some old series

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
View attachment 103746

THIS is the reason people use the term "Femenazi"

Assigning people worth based on race/ gender/ etc.

The higher your score, the less you're worth
They forgot to include religion and body size, among other characteristics.

I'm a "White, Bi, Cis(gender), Citizen Male", so I get a 10. (I don't really see my attractions as part of "who I am", though)
I might also have a 11, depending on if they see Asperger's as part of the "disabled". Some people see "Neurotype" as a separate category. (NT vs Neurodiverse)

And I'd kinda like a NX port of Smash 4 with both 3DS and WiiU content, even though it'd feel a little weird. (and I feel it would cheat people who bought both separate versions)

----

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They forgot to include religion and body size, among other characteristics.

I'm a "White, Bi, Cis(gender), Citizen Male", so I get a 10. (I don't really see my attractions as part of "who I am", though)
I might also have a 11, depending on if they see Asperger's as part of the "disabled". Some people see "Neurotype" as a separate category. (NT vs Neurodiverse)

And I'd kinda like a NX port of Smash 4 with both 3DS and WiiU content, even though it'd feel a little weird. (and I feel it would cheat people who bought both separate versions)

----
Well, the people that buy the NX version have to buy the system and the game again. So them having the DLC doesn't seem like that much of a rip off to the people that bought it for the other versions.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Assuming its real, they will probably got the route of Hyrule Warriors Legends and have all the DLC in the base game and maybe they could add more content...

Maybe.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Interesting. While I'd love to see a few more characters (especially the return of the Ice Climbers as a home console exclusive and then King K.Rool as a well deserved newcomer), Sakurai had said that he was taking a much needed break. Would he be up to putting in a few more even though it's literally only been about a few months since Smash DLC ended?
I mean it could be possible that he'd start working on it again after his break, which at this point would've been a few months...

There's also the rumours stating that Namco is working on the port and it could be possible that they could add in some extra content if given the permission...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I mean it could be possible that he'd start working on it again after his break, which at this point would've been a few months...

There's also the rumours stating that Namco is working on the port and it could be possible that they could add in some extra content if given the permission...
I kinda doubt it. And even then if they added content, at most it'll be porting old fighters backs like ICs or Wolf.

I don't see any newcomers coming in unless they go the Decapre route and considering what happened after :4tlink::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:&:4feroy: were revealed, I doubt we'll see something like that again. Unless they truly go full blown crazy and bring back :younglinkmelee:&:pichumelee:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What incentive would people that already own smash have to get it unless it is shown to have extra features from the start?

Also, who would buy smash on NX if they've already bought all the DLC on wii u/ 3DS if they'd have to buy it again on the NX?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Does anyone have a link to where Sakurai said that he wanted the character selection between both versions consistent? I know its basically assumed knowledge at this point, but someone is asking me for a source and I can't seem to find anything... so far anyway.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I kinda doubt it. And even then if they added content, at most it'll be porting old fighters backs like ICs or Wolf.

I don't see any newcomers coming in unless they go the Decapre route and considering what happened after :4tlink::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:&:4feroy: were revealed, I doubt we'll see something like that again. Unless they truly go full blown crazy and bring back :younglinkmelee:&:pichumelee:
Well I said 'could' not 'will', I'm not holding my breath for any extra newcomers and even past veterans like IC's and Wolf are still a maybe...I think it would be better if they went the HWL route and added additional content and characters, including all content from both games as well as DLC included, but at the same time they could just do it so they have a smash game on the NX for launch...

If they did add new stuff Smash speculation would literally be never ending since peeps would expect DLC to come for this port, much like HWL is getting...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What incentive would people that already own smash have to get it unless it is shown to have extra features from the start?

Also, who would buy smash on NX if they've already bought all the DLC on wii u/ 3DS if they'd have to buy it again on the NX?
Very few would bother with it unless it was unique enough. Or they already don't own either version of Smash. To entice most, yeah, it does need content that neither the 3DS or Wii U version specifically has. It could be all the 3DS and Wii U content combined with all DLC characters. It's not as good as new characters, but it would be way better than a poor Wii U port, which would sell very poorly. The Wii U version already has problems selling.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
In general, I suppose I could see there being the possibility of the port containing basically everything in the original Wii U version, along with some veterans like Ice Climbers and Wolf (and also the ability to transmit Wii U data so you don't lose anything). I think most people would appreciate that and I believe it would bring some people back that didn't necessarily like Smash 4 at the end of it all.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. Note the specified versions. If there is a NX port, even this isn't coldhard proof that it would apply to it. Yes, it's likely he'd want to keep the same characters, but there's also the factor that the rumor states that Namco-Bandai are working on the port. We don't even know if Sakurai is involved. We don't know if he's applying that same rule to the NX, again, if he's involved at all.

That's the problem with using rules designed for the Wii U/3DS version. This is a different game in the end only based upon those two versions. We can't really say for sure what'll happen. It's pretty smart to expect it to not be a straight port. Nintendo in general can't afford to sell a straight port as a launch game, unless the rest of the launch games(or most) are new games. They need to sell this system. Ports are fine, but they really need to wait to do them. It's basic business; make sure the customer has a damn good reason to get your system and games, and ones that they can't simply get on other/previous systems.

In general, I suppose I could see there being the possibility of the port containing basically everything in the original Wii U version, along with some veterans like Ice Climbers and Wolf (and also the ability to transmit Wii U data so you don't lose anything). I think most people would appreciate that and I believe it would bring some people back that didn't necessarily like Smash 4 at the end of it all.
Nah, it'll easily be more than just some bad Wii U port with two characters. The characters(simply 2 alone) won't entice people. They want more than that. It'll be realistically(if the port exists) more of a Hyrule Warrior Legends scale. More than the Wii U stages, all the DLC characters, more balance, etc. It's pretty much obvious it'll be different from the other two versions regardless. Unless Nintendo is interested in committing business suicide, but they clearly aren't that dumb.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>Selling a port of Smash + all the DLC content is somehow business suicide

What the hell? How is it business suicide selling a port?

Are y'all kiddies that desperate for more fighters? The only ones that'll be upset is th ones asking for new fighters. At most it's gonna be similar to DoA 5: Last Round where they ported the game over to the stronger systems + PC and mostly added small content.

Even then the people that'll be upset will be the most minority of the highest degree and I will bet my top dollar on that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
>Selling a port of Smash + all the DLC content is somehow business suicide

What the hell? How is it business suicide selling a port?

Are y'all kiddies that desperate for more fighters? The only ones that'll be upset is th ones asking for new fighters. At most it's gonna be similar to DoA 5: Last Round where they ported the game over to the stronger systems + PC and mostly added small content.

Even then the people that'll be upset will be the most minority of the highest degree and I will bet my top dollar on that.
If you want me to be honest, I think a lot of it comes from less a business standpoint and more people still wanting to cling on to hope that maybe we'll get Wolf back or Ice Climbers or what have you even after the roster was completed.

And I can't help but feel a lot of that mentality came from DLC. We got spoiled with the idea of more characters after everything said and done, and we want more.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
to celebrate the return of high quality rips let us play the offcial theme of quality

but in all honesty i have no idea what theyd do for a nx port of smash 4 because they could easily take things from the 3ds version should they feel inclined

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If you want me to be honest, I think a lot of it comes from less a business standpoint and more people still wanting to cling on to hope that maybe we'll get Wolf back or Ice Climbers or what have you even after the roster was completed.

And I can't help but feel a lot of that mentality came from DLC. We got spoiled with the idea of more characters after everything said and done, and we want more.
Even if that happens then what?

I don't want Sakurai to spend time on Smash 4 again or even anyone else outside of balance patches and small extras likes cosmetic features and some extra stages that isn't hard to port over.

Even if the characters happen it'll just be old vets and that's it.

Unless you want Inklings and K. Rool to be wast d on an old and busted game like Smash 4 instead of the new hotness called Smash 5/NX with a new engine and setup than just using the older game

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
EVERYTIME. I go on For Glory as Wii Fit Trainer and win. Then my opponents have this bright idea that they can win in a WFT Ditto match against me. LMAO :rotfl::laugh::4wiifit::4wiifitm:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I don't want Sakurai to spend time on Smash 4 again or even anyone else outside of balance patches and small extras likes cosmetic features and some extra stages that isn't hard to port over.

Unless you want Inklings and K. Rool to be wast d on an old and busted game like Smash 4 instead of the new hotness called Smash 5/NX with a new engine and setup than just using the older game
Some people reeeeaaaally want to Squid Jump the ink gun with Inkling to the point that they legit want them on 4, actually.

I don't get it either. They'd probably have the absolute red carpet treatment on a new game, maybe even to the point of being the most marketed newcomer First Party newcomer, but would be much more of an afterthought on 4.

Some people are so impatient SMH. They'd probably get a better moveset on 5, too. Maybe even better alts.

Save your Squid Jump until your team's a little farther out, guys!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Honestly I have no interest in Smash NX if it's a straight up port with nothing added in or even a couple of vets added in. It needs to be a HWL type of deal or i'm not even going to consider buying the game when I can do all of that with my Wii U version.

Speak for yourself man. I don't want to wait like 5 years to possibly get the character I wanted in and even then it's not a sure thing with all the cuts that would happen. Having an NX port would at least ensure that newcomers wouldn't have to compete with vets for a spot on the roster and it increases the chances for more characters to get in the game.

Funny how people were mad at the mentality of "X character should wait for Smash 5" because now people are mad at the prospect of characters getting in earlier. Inklings are a good example of that and even I don't support them.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Some people reeeeaaaally want to jump the ink gun with Inkling to the point that they legit want them on 4, actually.

I don't get it either. They'd probably have the absolute red carpet treatment on a new game, maybe even to the point of being the most marketed newcomer First Party newcomer, but would be much more of an afterthought on 4.

Some people are so impatient SMH. They'd probably get a better moveset on 5, too. Maybe even better alts.

Save your Squid Jump until your team's a little farther out, guys!
I believe that if they get on the newer installation of Smash that they could be the first franchise since Fire Emblem in Melee to be a new introduced franchise in Smash and have multiple newcomers. Especially with the Squid Sisters involved, the enemies and bosses and even the Octolings once they become real

Something that is rare and worthy on the series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh my gooooooooooood that Doctor Strange trailer.

I'm hyped. Can't wait.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm against new series having multiple reps when there can be more series added in. Just saying.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Matrix really screwed with my mind the first time I watched the movie.

It's too bad the following 2 movies were cringeworthy lol.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
The reason I would potentially like to see a Smash NX port with new content including characters is specifically because I have doubts we're even going to get a brand new Smash built from the ground up for the NX. I would like to see them add a bit more to Smash 4 now rather than wait to see if Smash 5 even happens anytime soon.

Although I'm not necessarily sitting around hoping a Smash NX port with exclusive content is a thing, but I would still be pretty excited if it were and would prefer it that way over waiting for the next Smash that I feel might have a longer development cycle than the last couple Smash sequels.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The reason I would potentially like to see a Smash NX port with new content including characters is specifically because I have doubts we're even going to get a brand new Smash built from the ground up for the NX. I would like to see them add a bit more to Smash 4 now rather than wait to see if Smash 5 even happens anytime soon.

Although I'm not necessarily sitting around hoping a Smash NX port with exclusive content is a thing, but I would still be pretty excited if it were and would prefer it that way over waiting for the next Smash that I feel might have a longer development cycle than the last couple Smash sequels.
Exactly this. I would love for this so called Smash NX to get in additional Ballot charactere though i'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than the established 58 + IC's. Theoretically speaking if we had the best case scenario of getting like 7 Ballot characters then that would mean they would have been working on characters from the Ballot since like last year exclusively for Smash NX. Hypothetically of course.

Wish someone would just spill the beans on the specifics of Smash NX already and what the scope of the game is so we can all keep our expectations and hopes in check come E3.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I believe that if they get on the newer installation of Smash that they could be the first franchise since Fire Emblem in Melee to be a new introduced franchise in Smash and have multiple newcomers. Especially with the Squid Sisters involved, the enemies and bosses and even the Octolings once they become real

Something that is rare and worthy on the series.
I don't quite predict that much, but then I may just be a little more conservative in my views about it.

As for what I WAS imagining, it was essentially the Inklings with the Octolings as alt characters. Pretty tame, I'll admit, but then again huge fantasies tend to invite bad luck.

What I do imagine Smash 5 to do is to have a FAR larger pool of trophies and songs than if it were just tacked onto 4. Come to think of it, with all those characters, an Assist Trophy might be possible, too. Something like Judd, or maybe the final boss.

Every time I say "If we're getting a Smash 4 port on NX, we probably won't see a full Smash on NX," people think I'm paranoid.

You say "We're probably not seeing a full Smash on NX, may as well get a port," you get two four likes.

#BlameWhoeverIsPresidentAtTheTimeOrMaybeTakumi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom