• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gotta love the supports in fates. especially camila's. Her being used as waifu and sex appeal aside, she's just a super fun/funny character with naughty(but fun) dialog! Which can never go wrong in a game really.
I have to admit, her dialogue is actually funny despite her nature and design. She doesn't appeal to me, but I do like that her dialogue makes her alot better than most "appeal" characters.
And her conversations with her children are great. And also:
-Cam!Shiro gets her violent nature and willingness to kill anyone who wants to harm his allies.
-Cam!Midori wants to be sexy and wear a revealing outfit like her mother.
-Cam!Eponine gets Camilla's maternal instincts and wants to be a mom after she saw a child and had thoughts of hugging and cuddling the child.
-Cam!Velouria wants to punish some invaders "affectionately."
-And Cam!Kiragi is actually yandere.
So.
For Hyrule Warriors
Is there any real way to increase odds of gold materials other than Materials+ skill weapons?
Because I'm farming for a Gohma Lens for :younglinkmelee: so I can eat damage better in his Weapon Rank 2 mission.
Which are we talking about? The Wii U version or Legends? I know in the Wii U version, there are potions. And there is a potion that practically gives you a 80% chance of getting gold materials. I don't know if the potions are also in Legends, since I don't have Legends yet.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I have to admit, her dialogue is actually funny despite her nature and design. She doesn't appeal to me, but I do like that her dialogue makes her alot better than most "appeal" characters.
And her conversations with her children are great. And also:
-Cam!Shiro gets her violent nature and willingness to kill anyone who wants to harm his allies.
-Cam!Midori wants to be sexy and wear a revealing outfit like her mother.
-Cam!Eponine gets Camilla's maternal instincts and wants to be a mom after she saw a child and had thoughts of hugging and cuddling the child.
-Cam!Velouria wants to punish some invaders "affectionately."
-And Cam!Kiragi is actually yandere.

Which are we talking about? The Wii U version or Legends? I know in the Wii U version, there are potions. And there is a potion that practically gives you a 80% chance of getting gold materials. I don't know if the potions are also in Legends, since I don't have Legends yet.
Potions are here....
But I just haven't gotten enough gold skellies to unlock that one, I guess.

Edit: I GET GHIRAHIM'S CAPE BUT NOT THE BLOODY LENS

Double Edit: 7th attempt; meaning 14 Gohma's killed using exclusively Materials+ characers

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just ordered wings at pizza hut, according to their new advertising campaign

It's encouraging me to answer the door without pants. This time it's the delivery girl that's going to get something

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So.
For Hyrule Warriors
Is there any real way to increase odds of gold materials other than Materials+ skill weapons?
Because I'm farming for a Gohma Lens for :younglinkmelee: so I can eat damage better in his Weapon Rank 2 mission.
Playing on higher difficulties gets you better materials. Gold drops against bosses/playable characters become extremely common on higher difficulties, especially with Material+.

In Legend Mode or Free Mode, simply select Hard or Hero mode when choosing your mission.

In Adventure Mode, difficulty is rated by the mission's level. Doing something like a mission that's above Level 10 in rating is pretty much guaranteed for Gold Drops.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love getting to end of a hard map only to have someone get killed by a dual attack
Cam!Midori wants to be sexy and wear a revealing outfit like her mother.
NO, NOT OKAY! SOMEONE STOP HER, THE LOLICONS ARE AFTER HER

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah dang it, it was a delivery guy

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I still use Miitomo quite often. It's a fun little app, but I'm waiting for Nintendo's next mobile app, which will hopefully be an actual game.
Same here. I do the daily point grind when I wake up, and check the app before I go to sleep. It's a small distraction, but I do think the number of users have dropped off sogniciantly -- I'm getting a lot less comments. The first couple of days it was out it took me a minute to finish the missions and now it takes me slightly longer.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really do want to play Mario Maker again, even though my levels never got that popular

But I can't find my dang charging cord and Walmart doesn't sell it anymore

I guess having it on NX would totally fix that!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, is the NX not going to have launch titles?

Like, nothing? No Mario, just some ports?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been looking at loads of Hyrule Warriors stuff, since I'm so caught up in the game.

I've been discovering things that were in the Wii U version that I didn't even know about.

For example, turns out there is a little Easter Egg involving Link and Ruto.

The little portraits used for when characters are talking, are generally using a set range of expressions. Like happy, sad, angry, etc.

Ruto has a special one though used in certain situations involving Link, such as when you are playing as Link and help Ruto when she's low on health.

"I-i-it's not like I wanted YOU to save me, or anything..."

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace

God damn it GiIva

At this point your announcement time will be at Go-Screw-Your-Face'O'Clock

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Miitomo has lost its fun for me. It was cool to have my Mii on my phone... but there isn't a lot to do after a couple of days.

It's a good start for Ninty though. Nothing to complicated for their first attempt.

Looking forward to seeing that Ice Climbers endless climber that will never exist outside of my head.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I swear the NX is going to release and it's going to be a handheld with and the only "ports" it has are actually just slots to put bread in because it is actually a toaster. Mark my words.
Nintentoast TM

As for all the NX stuff going about, I havn't really been paying attention to it. I guess I'm just looking foward to a surprise more than anything.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I'm stupid.

I posted a message on facebook asking how awkward it was to try and talk with someone you haven't talked to in a while.

The person I was actually talking about replied to it, saying it depends on the person. so I messaged back to them:

Yeah, I guess it does depend on the person. I hung out with them a bit last year, but that's a quarter of a year ago now. I wonder if they would want to talk. I guess I could try and start by just saying "hi".

My intention was that the hi at the end was greeting them specifically

And their reply back was "Yep"

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
@Substitution
I put the "----" there so it bumps my text above my signature to make it more visible.

Ah dang it, it was a delivery guy
Here I was thinking: "what if turns out to be a guy?", and then you said it.

It all depends on when and where you express that belief, really. When you're stating it on the internet, then yeah, pretty much. But for other situations.... Perhaps not so much.

It all depends on the occasion.
If you want to be a silly social justice activist, then it would make better sense to support marginalized forms of love that are actually, y'know, marginalized, like incest and such. People seem to be supporting polyamory lately, so not sure if I should include that.

---

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
"Just because a game is in development, doesn't mean it will be released."

That is true, but considering the circumstances, this comes off as her making a fail-safe if she's wrong, lol.
A fail-safe for SMM and Splatoon anyway. She seems pretty confident in Smash and Zelda U ports coming to NX, and if Super Metal Dave's leak is anything to go by, the latter has a very high chance of being ported to NX.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Femenazi.jpg

THIS is the reason people use the term "Femenazi"

Assigning people worth based on race/ gender/ etc.

The higher your score, the less you're worth

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Gamexplain already has a video on the rumor :psycho:
Alright, what is this rumor. . .?

*watches*

So literally the exact same thing we've been hearing constantly already?

. . .

Literally the only reason I'm starting to come to terms with the port thing is because there's a possibility that the NX won't be backwards compatible. They may as well get the games out there in compatible formats if that's the case, because (possilby other than the copyright-laced Smash) eventually they'd just put them on the Virtual Console for the system anyway.

If they get ported, either they'll be straight ports (possibly with DLC), or playable Octoling in Splatoon is among the NX version modifications.

Calling it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm watching the I Zombie season finale. It's been pretty good so far! Liking the plot shifts.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Saying "Games may or may not come out" is now rumor worthy I see.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got a rumor for you

The new pokemon game may or may not have fire, water, and grass starters.

It also may be based on hawaii, but y'know during development some things change.

Also, there may or may not be 150 new pokemon. But it's possible they could limit that and release the rest gen 8

D

Deleted member

If you want to be a silly social justice activist, then it would make better sense to support marginalized forms of love that are actually, y'know, marginalized, like incest and such. People seem to be supporting polyamory lately, so not sure if I should include that.

---
Well, okay then, I'm sorry sir. I'm no SJW, I assure you, in fact, I'm quite the opposite when it comes to their beliefs. And I very much do indeed that those kinds of people that complain over such minuscule things, weren't such a well known group of people. And I can assure you, that they hate people like me more so even the most conservative people out there. I can assure you, that contrary to popular belief, their is no safe space to fall back to. Such an idea is silly for a reason.....

But please, I wonder why LGBT people like myself have to stick up for themselves, when to this day we're still commonly compared to people who **** animals or their relatives.

And what do you know it, it's all thanks to something written down in an outdated book from the sand age, with more holes than swiss cheese. The same one that says to not have tattoos.... And what do you know it, look at all of the people with tattoos, from verses from the bible. Hahaha, it's ironic. But that's cool and something that people like, so just ignore that part in the same passage. : ^ )

I treat this **** seriously, I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but when I have to ****ing worry about loved ones' lives because of this stuff daily.... Just, bleh. Like, believe what you want, fine, I'm fine with religious people, my boyfriend's religious even.(Which is surprising given all of the **** he's been through.) But when it's used like this, it really pisses me off, but I feel like I just got to stick up for myself because I feel like I get ****ed over by people with both liberal and conservative beliefs.

Sorry if it seems that I exploded, that's what happens when your just stuck just thinking for yourself about some things for so long...

Edit: It's just a sensitive subject to me and I hate being compared to SJWs in any shape or form. They're hateful people, I just don't like hateful people in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Seriously, if they aren't sure they could pull off a port then who would know about it? Is her source a random Japanese developer who happened to be on the team of 4 people trying to port the games over? The head of some branch of Nintendo? It doesn't make sense. Unless they made a budget for a game they aren't sure they can pull off or something.

Nintendo definitely compartmentalize their information. Who would have access to information like that? Not that many people.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp.
Just unlocked the Master Quest Map.
Can't find a better excuse to go back and get the rest of the original Adventure Map Clear, since I got everything in the Great Sea...

Edit: Except Gold Skellies, I'm saving THOSE babies for later.

Last edited:
It's kind if crazy to think smash speculation can start up all over again in just a few months. I mean we just finished all the DLC speculation and we have the potential to start all over again relatively soon.

All it would take is saying the port will have innanounced characters and the carnage will be glorious. E3 is going to be fun. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom