• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
That's why I said "newcomers". All of the characters you listed are veterans.

The 3DS version limited veterans to two events, and newcomers to one. With Mario & Sonic being in all of them.

However, with all of the footage/screenshots of the Wii U version we've seen, they've specifically only shown newcomers in one specific event (Gymnastics for Rosalina, Volleyball for Rouge, 100m Dash for Nabbit, Table Tennis for Zazz, etc). The game is also coming out very soon, so that's worrisome.

And with Rosalina specifically, they probably would have shown her off in other events by now if she is in them, because she would have to have different outfits, like Peach/Daisy/Amy/Blaze for the different kinds of events. I doubt they'd let her go barefoot and in a leotard in every event if she is playable in all of them.

It's basically believed that the veterans will be playable in every event, but the "newcomers" aren't really newcomers. Instead, they'll probably just be rivals like in past games, but you can unlock them for their one specific event and play as them.

This will be especially confusing considering Rosalina and Rouge are on the front cover. I don't see why they put them there if they are going to have such minor roles. Sex appeal points, I guess.
That's a really weird suspicion that I completely doubt will happen. Also, Diddy Kong has been shown in Rugby and he could only do hurdles in the 3DS version, so there's that

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Imagine if we get monthly patches from here on out. :colorful:

At this point, all I need is an airspeed buff and Gordo reflect threshold buff, and I'd be satisfied. Bayonetta can stay OP for all I care. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The day :4shulk: gets some attack lag buffs is the day I forever kiss the ground Sakurai walks.

Maybe someday...

D

Deleted member

Wait, people care about Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games? Wow, you learn somethibg new everyday!

As for the Smash patch, pls give Corrin his ground speed back

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I got 50% ladylike. I think answering "none of the above" gives you 50%, as most of the answers were "none of the above' for me.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Some :4dedede: buffs would be nice.

I'm gonna keep maining him either way but I'd still love some buffs.
Have you seen the recent video on DDD's Gordo stick? That thing is insane.

Danish and Girthquake had a fantastic match recently as well. It's on Danish's YT (MrDanishButterCookie) if anyone's interested.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Have you seen the recent video on DDD's Gordo stick? That thing is insane.

Danish and Girthquake had a fantastic match recently as well. It's on Danish's YT (MrDanishButterCookie) if anyone's interested.
I haven't.

To be honest I haven't kept up with Smash-related stuff as much as I would've liked to by now....

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but there may not be a patch.

And thus, :4yoshi:'s grab remains garbage.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn

I never got to ask about what characters would you like to see get changes
I'll be honest...I haven't had a chance to play that much Smash for the past 5 months. I've been too busy with SG and my actual job, that I have little time to play video games. I tell everyone that I talk about video games more than I play them now. Therefore, I haven't really had time to play the current patch. ;_; I have friends coming over this weekend to play Smash with, and I'm so out of practice.

I guess nerf Bayonetta a bit, so people will stop complaining about her? It'd be kind of difficult as she was made as a combo character though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just want :4link: to get his Nair startup decreased...All he needs is an option to get out of combo strings more effectively...

Edit: turns out the patch may not be happening...welp
I did think it was a bit soon for another patch though...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's a really weird suspicion that I completely doubt will happen. Also, Diddy Kong has been shown in Rugby and he could only do hurdles in the 3DS version, so there's that
That's because Rugby is exclusive to Wii U and Hurdles is exclusive to 3DS, so they have to give Diddy a different event in each.

Rosalina and Rouge also both have different events in Wii U and 3DS because the events are exclusive to each version (For Rouge, it's Golf on 3DS and Volleyball on Wii U. For Rosalina, it's Rhythmic Hoops on 3DS and Rhythimic Batons on Wii U).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So apparently, Slippy has a clone now. :V

This is from the amiibo functionality in Star Fox: Guard.

Basically, you're supposed to be playing as Slippy and defending the mining operation using the cameras, but when you call for the amiibo airstrike, another Slippy still shows up in an Arwing.

That's kind of a strange little blunder.

So apparently, Slippy has a clone now. :V

This is from the amiibo functionality in Star Fox: Guard.

Basically, you're supposed to be playing as Slippy and defending the mining operation using the cameras, but when you call for the amiibo airstrike, another Slippy still shows up in an Arwing.

That's kind of a strange little blunder.
Twice the Slippy, Twice the fun :D

It's actually Beltino mad about getting replaced by Grippy

Yes i'm still annoyed by this

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Twice the Slippy, Twice the fun :D

It's actually Beltino mad about getting replaced by Grippy

Yes i'm still annoyed by this
How does Beltino get replaced by Grippy?

Beltino is his dad, Grippy is his uncle. And they both work two completely different jobs.

------------

Also, SANIC GENRUSSIANS CONFIRMED???

Soul.

Regardless of there being a patch or not, if :4pikachu: had actual kill confirms that aren't up throw to Thunder things would be much better for it, especially since the meta is full of kill confirms and Pika lacks those. Up throw to Thunder isn't exactly guaranteed.

Landing lag buffs would be nice too (all the other aerials except FAir have more than 20 frames of landing lag lol).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
should be pointed out your not playing as slippy but un named employee
They've said in all promotional material for the game that you play as Slippy, and he's on the front cover.

Shigeru Miyamoto even said that he specifically made the game about Slippy since if he wanted to make a Star Fox spin-off starring someone besides Fox, it was always gonna be Slippy, since Slippy is his favourite character.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Miyamoto has good taste in Star Fox characters :).

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
They've said in all promotional material for the game that you play as Slippy, and he's on the front cover.

Shigeru Miyamoto even said that he specifically made the game about Slippy since if he wanted to make a Star Fox spin-off starring someone besides Fox, it was always gonna be Slippy, since Slippy is his favourite character.
well the game opens up on a document saying its hiring you so ya no your not playing slippy theres no dialouge implying your playing slippy slippy even talks directly to you

D

Deleted member

In more important, non-Star Fox news:
HOLY ****, JUST LOOK AT THOSE PORTRAITS HHHHMMMMMMMM
Blonde Eyepatch Dragoon
BLONDE EYEPATCH DRAGOON
IT'S LIKE THEY KNOW MY SECOND WEAKNESS

Now the lolis

And boob elfs i wanted some white clothes damnit

Not posting the furry ones, don't worry

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so...Captain America Civil War and its single worst kept secret. There's one thing in Civil War that they've been trying so hard to keep secret, but damn it, every single thing ever keeps leaking it.

The fact that Ant-Man goes Giant-Man secret can't catch a break.

First Lego had the Civil War set leak and it included a Giant Man figure. Then Funko Pop's Civil War listing listed Giant Man. Then in Disney Infinity, Ant-Man's super move is becoming Giant Man. Then in a not-meant-for-the-public interview, Paul Rudd got asked if he preferred going small or giant.

But hey, at least we haven't seen footage yet, right?

Wrong.

This new 30 second tv spot shows Giant Man's leg in a blink-and-you-miss-it scene with Hawkeye at four seconds in.

Giant Man is literally Civil War's worst kept secret, and possibly Marvel's worst-kept secret ever at this point.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Okay, so...Captain America Civil War and its single worst kept secret. There's one thing in Civil War that they've been trying so hard to keep secret, but damn it, every single thing ever keeps leaking it.

The fact that Ant-Man goes Giant-Man secret can't catch a break.

First Lego had the Civil War set leak and it included a Giant Man figure. Then Funko Pop's Civil War listing listed Giant Man. Then in Disney Infinity, Ant-Man's super move is becoming Giant Man. Then in a not-meant-for-the-public interview, Paul Rudd got asked if he preferred going small or giant.

But hey, at least we haven't seen footage yet, right?

Wrong.

This new 30 second tv spot shows Giant Man's leg in a blink-and-you-miss-it scene with Hawkeye at four seconds in.

Giant Man is literally Civil War's worst kept secret, and possibly Marvel's worst-kept secret ever at this point.
Yeah but I'm looking out for more Spider-Man hints so I don't care as much

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man the Sun and Moon boxart legends look amazing!

Gamefreak really outdid themselves! 2 Giant blurred stars! Man they couldn't be any more clever!

But what is up with that? At least give us silhouettes. But this as strange as it seems, could be a good sign. It means they are keeping things tight. Last time they did this was Shinnoh. Which wound up pretty good. So we shall see where this goes. I expect a trailer and direct before the next coro coro. also based on the tail of the sun legend, we know the legends won't b switched like BW. The sun is fire, appears to have the crystal on the tail. And based on the tail design, it's either a lion or manticore from the looks of it. which was expected, but is still pretty sweet.

Side note: I started a new hack today for alpha sapphire, star sapphire. It's a hack of ORAS that makes it hard mode. Items and pricing changes. Dex nav only pokemon are available from the start as well.

I decided to do a shiny badge quest. And after a chain of 3, (first chain broke at 8), I got a shiny zoura! great start to the quest!
There is a large Sunspot that is turning in Earth's direction. I wonder what kind of cryptic hint that is...

:231:
Perhaps the evil team uses fire from a solar eclipse to cause destruction upon unleashing the legends? Could be why we have fire trucks.

And your miitomo has some interesting facts! It's nice to learn them!

And speaking of miitomo, I did this the other day and laughed at the outcome:
WIN_20160411_19_59_33_Pro.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still don't get the physics of *that character*

wouldn't he retain the same mass but it'd just be more spread apart?

That'd make him one big soft target

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I found that Netflix has come to India. I'm glad, although with my terrible internet, it will be a few years before I can use it properly.

Netflix has a seriously uphill battle here, so I wish them luck.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My shoes are torn up and filled with holes. I need to get new shoes. If nothing else to at least look like I can afford shoes, which I can.

However, I absolutely hate shoe shopping. I am completely underwhelmed with the choices, and anytime I find something I vaguely think looks interesting, the price...It's like, that much for something I only vaguely like?

Not to mention the last pair of shoes I bought didn't even last from summer to the end of the year

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, I just had terrible costumer service when I went to Best Buy today.

I've been hearing from the internet of an offer that getting Star Fox Zero there will include a :4falco: amiibo for $5. I asked one employee to help me find such an offer. In the end we couldn't find such offer and I thanked him for trying anyway.

... Then out of the blue he just started a long bashing on the Wii U and bragging about his PS4 & XBone.

The Wii U bashing isn't the problem (I've gotten use to it over the years). It's about a Best Buy employee randomly and rudely potentially discouraging a customer from buying a product the store sells. If my boss at work heard me bashing a customer for being interested in a product we sell because I hate it, I'd easily get written up (I hate selling alcohol and lottery but I know I can't say it out loud).

Even if Best Buy had that offer I was looking for, that employee ruined my interest of preordering from them (though I did buy a Falco amiibo from there today).

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Man the Sun and Moon boxart legends look amazing!

Gamefreak really outdid themselves! 2 Giant blurred stars! Man they couldn't be any more clever!

But what is up with that? At least give us silhouettes. But this as strange as it seems, could be a good sign. It means they are keeping things tight. Last time they did this was Shinnoh. Which wound up pretty good. So we shall see where this goes. I expect a trailer and direct before the next coro coro. also based on the tail of the sun legend, we know the legends won't b switched like BW. The sun is fire, appears to have the crystal on the tail. And based on the tail design, it's either a lion or manticore from the looks of it. which was expected, but is still pretty sweet.

Side note: I started a new hack today for alpha sapphire, star sapphire. It's a hack of ORAS that makes it hard mode. Items and pricing changes. Dex nav only pokemon are available from the start as well.

I decided to do a shiny badge quest. And after a chain of 3, (first chain broke at 8), I got a shiny zoura! great start to the quest!

Perhaps the evil team uses fire from a solar eclipse to cause destruction upon unleashing the legends? Could be why we have fire trucks.

And your miitomo has some interesting facts! It's nice to learn them!

And speaking of miitomo, I did this the other day and laughed at the outcome:
View attachment 103648
On second thought, spoilers just in case.

Is there an image that points out the crystal tail more easily? I can't tell what I'm looking at from the CoroCoro leak image other than some areas of discoloration above and below the game title. And does anyone have any idea if there's some feature on Moon that can be called something, or is that still a total mystery?

I think the white flares might possibly be strategically covering it in spots, though. Judging by the discoloration and flares combined, I think Sun might be bipedal. Does that seem like it might be the case?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I've been hearing from the internet of an offer that getting Star Fox Zero there will include a :4falco: amiibo for $5. I asked one employee to help me find such an offer. In the end we couldn't find such offer and I thanked him for trying anyway.

... Then out of the blue he just started a long bashing on the Wii U and bragging about his PS4 & XBone.

The Wii U bashing isn't the problem (I've gotten use to it over the years). It's about a Best Buy employee randomly and rudely potentially discouraging a customer from buying a product the store sells. If my boss at work heard me bashing a customer for being interested in a product we sell because I hate it, I'd easily get written up (I hate selling alcohol and lottery but I know I can't say it out loud).

Even if Best Buy had that offer I was looking for, that employee ruined my interest of preordering from them (though I did buy a Falco amiibo from there today).
Kind of ironic, since if you wanted to get the Falco amiibo elsewhere and not support Best Buy, you would be able to soon. Their exclusive rights to sell it is ending soon and he will be stocked in other stores. Amazon already has pre-orders up for it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Kind of ironic, since if you wanted to get the Falco amiibo elsewhere and not support Best Buy, you would be able to soon. Their exclusive rights to sell it is ending soon and he will be stocked in other stores. Amazon already has pre-orders up for it.
I use GameStop for all of my preorders but that doesn't mean I only buy amiibo from GameStop. I was talking about buying games from Best Buy. I'll still use that store for other things.

And GameStop never questions or insults my gaming interests.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I would have found the nearest supervisor, filed a complaint, then before leaving, look straight at that employee and go:

Wii U master race!

Because even without it being the wii u, that's just down right unacceptable of any employee at any job.

On second thought, spoilers just in case.

Is there an image that points out the crystal tail more easily? I can't tell what I'm looking at from the CoroCoro leak image other than some areas of discoloration above and below the game title. And does anyone have any idea if there's some feature on Moon that can be called something, or is that still a total mystery?

I think the white flares might possibly be strategically covering it in spots, though. Judging by the discoloration and flares combined, I think Sun might be bipedal. Does that seem like it might be the case?
I can try and highlight in gimp later. As for the moon, I believe it does have something like solar flares, but I can't think of it.
However, NASA pointed out that solar flares can sandblast and erode the moon:
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/dream-cme.html

Which could lead into Sun and Moon. Maybe the plot focuses on destruction of the moon, and thus you need a legend to restore balance?

Also I'm positive team flare are coming back and another group will go against them. It's also worth nothing that Team flare refers to Lysandre as a sun that will save them. Although that may have just been in neo y, but I'm positive it's in the main games to.
I'm thinking bi pedal for the sun legend, and a flying creature for moon. So I'd say it's possible

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
My computer basically meets minimum specs for Overwatch.

Yay!!!! I hope I get flagged for the beta.

I found that Netflix has come to India. I'm glad, although with my terrible internet, it will be a few years before I can use it properly.

Netflix has a seriously uphill battle here, so I wish them luck.

Getting through the net neutrality battlefield over there sounds like hell.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Getting through the net neutrality battlefield over there sounds like hell.
The govt ruled in favour of net neutrality a few months ago, bringing Facebook's Free Basics program to a halt. That's not the issue here.

It's piracy. Suddenly getting people to shell out money for stuff they've been enjoying for free for years is going to be hard.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is funny. This let's player decided to introduce Undertale to his wife while live streaming. And she absolutely HATED it.

Although, she had never played an RPG game before and it looks like she just hates RPG's in general.

Even so, he had to give MASSIVE trigger warnings in his youtube upload of the stream, but even then people were getting pissed. LOL

Undertale fans and their getting pissed even with trigger warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom