• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I just realized that this girl might have lost interest in me because she thinks I "Friendzoned" her by not making a move fast enough.

I actually was wanting to get in contact with her again, I haven't seen her since November

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Adding in that my Movie Star soulmate is Audrey Hepburn and my Disney Prince soulmate is Beast. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My princess is Repunzel

You got Rapunzel! You are drawn towards the free-spirited type and Rapunzel is just the princess for you. She longs for adventure of romance and you are just the person to show her that! She has a beautiful heart, and will care for you eternally.

Edit:

This is my current favorite shiny, at least of pokemon I don't have

It's like a birch tree in the fall

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I got 50% lady like... maybe that explains why I get mistaken for a girl half of the time here. >_>

And for the soulmate: The Healer
Your perfect soulmate is a healer! In your life, you've endured more than your fair share of struggles and hurt. You crave a partner with a gentle compassionate soul. Someone who listens intently, consoles, and is always willing to let you vent.

:231:

D

Deleted member

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People thought I was a girl too, so. Y'know

I guess it's my mesmerizing eyes

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
D

Deleted member

Guys, CoroCoro has leaked!
FB_IMG_1460456217278.jpg

That's it, that's all you're getting this month
It's a teaser for next month's reveal, I wanna strangle whoever did this

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
....GG CoroCoro. GG.

Orange bandicoot is mascot for Moon and purple dragon is mascot for Sun confirmed!
I heard the third version has a red fire throwing great ape that has dominance over them

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Haha CC the troll masters. We kinda got a hint of something in the Sun boxart. Like a red jewel looking thing.

And Steel/Fairy. That was pretty obvious tbh. Don't really care for Magearna... which reminds me - do you think Magearna is a Gen 7 Pokemon or a Gen 6 Pokemon?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Haha CC the troll masters. We kinda got a hint of something in the Sun boxart. Like a red jewel looking thing.

And Steel/Fairy. That was pretty obvious tbh. Don't really care for Magearna... which reminds me - do you think Magearna is a Gen 7 Pokemon or a Gen 6 Pokemon?
It's probably a 7th generation Pokemon, since there has been no evidence of it being present in any of the 6th generation titles.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I think it's Gen VII's Munchlax.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still find it quite odd how only Zygarde's 50% form is usable in the Pokemon games, but I guess that's due to the fact that Zygarde's other forms were never revealed until long after OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire were released. I'm actually concerned that the other forms are anime-exclusives, which would be very disturbing when you consider how lackluster the 50% form is in battles.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What exactly is Tifa's character? She seems like she's going along with Cloud's crazy delusions knowing they aren't true because he happens to be able to help them.

What's she do in the story other than that again?
Tifa's mostly played as the sweetheart love initerest more than willing to flaunt the muscle she has in spite of having spindly arms.
Ironically Aerith was the big flirt who is treated like the second coming of the Virgin Mary post mortem.... mostly in Advent Children.

The main thing that Tifa does as a character comes near the start of disc 2 AND I'M NOT PUTTING IT IN SPOILERS BECAUSE IT'S A DAMN 20 YEAR OLD GAME.

She and a vegetable Cloud fall straight into a strait of the life stream and inside Tifa helps cloud through the mental prison he's gotten himself into and has him come to terms with himself and his past; which is honestly when Cloud starts showing the most personalit of himself and acts like a proper leader.

Guys, CoroCoro has leaked!
View attachment 103635
That's it, that's all you're getting this month
It's a teaser for next month's reveal, I wanna strangle whoever did this
I SWEAR TO EFFING CHRIST SERIOUSLY?!

A THIRD INTO THE YEAR OF THIS BIG OL' ANNIVERSARY GAME AND WE'VE EFFECTIVELY ONLY GOTTEN 10 SECONDS ON CONCEPT ART AND LOGOS TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Magearna confirmed Steel/Fairy....and no one is surprised....

And yet we have to wait another month before getting some serious info....now we to deal with the influx of people claiming they managed to photoshop the images to reveal the boxart legends....thanx Gamefreak...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A THIRD INTO THE YEAR OF THIS BIG OL' ANNIVERSARY GAME AND WE'VE EFFECTIVELY ONLY GOTTEN 10 SECONDS ON CONCEPT ART AND LOGOS TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
It's still more than what we know about the 25th Anniversary Sonic game, which has been teased for much longer.

Pokémon fans must be pretty impatient if they're already cracking in their wait. :V

D

Deleted member

Plenty of guys here use female avatars though. :p

...You know what, I'll hide my gender. Let them be confused. :troll:

I know that, but it's just a first impression some people have to relate the avatar with the user

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Famitsu have a preview of their next issue up and they are saying they will have more info on Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics Wii U.

However from the preview, Rosalina is still only shown doing gymnastics.

Things aren't looking good for this game, if they're seriously limiting the newcomers to one event.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
my opinion on coro coro....meh we had to wait untill may to get the megaton that was x/y's reveal of mega evolutions
this is really no diffrent

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Famitsu have a preview of their next issue up and they are saying they will have more info on Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics Wii U.

Things aren't looking good for this game, if they're seriously limiting the newcomers to one event.

I'm sure it's not true. But if that is the case, I'm beginning to sense a pattern with this and Ultra Smash.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm sure it's not true. But if that is the case, I'm beginning to sense a pattern with this and Ultra Smash.
I'm not sure it'd be a pattern. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SEGA the one who is currently leasing the rights to use the Olympics in their video games? I thought they were in charge of the actual programming of the crossover.

On the other hand, if you mean a pattern for the INDUSTRY or are implying that Nintendo is actually going out of their way to be obstructive, then maybe.

Will the journey 4 smash 4 ever truly end? :upsidedown:
It'll end when the fat squid sings. :troll:

But really, every game is a journey in itself, at least if you count the meta. The closest this one will get to ending is when the next one begins.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

I wouldn't worry about it. If you watch the first Rio Wii U trailer, it has Yoshi doing table tennis, Eggman doing Volleyball, Bowser Jr and Silver in soccer, among others. They couldn't do these in the 3DS version, so I think it's safe to assume there won't be that restriction

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Or maybe they felt like that a single Rosalina pic was enough

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The only interest I really have in the Mario & Sonic Rio game would be the ability to play Rugby with Mario and Sonic characters....which isn't enough for me to buy the game...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you have Mario & Sonic going to Rio and you don't make any Samba de Amigo references you've messed up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wouldn't worry about it. If you watch the first Rio Wii U trailer, it has Yoshi doing table tennis, Eggman doing Volleyball, Bowser Jr and Silver in soccer, among others. They couldn't do these in the 3DS version, so I think it's safe to assume there won't be that restriction
That's why I said "newcomers". All of the characters you listed are veterans.

The 3DS version limited veterans to two events, and newcomers to one. With Mario & Sonic being in all of them.

However, with all of the footage/screenshots of the Wii U version we've seen, they've specifically only shown newcomers in one specific event (Gymnastics for Rosalina, Volleyball for Rouge, 100m Dash for Nabbit, Table Tennis for Zazz, etc). The game is also coming out very soon, so that's worrisome.

And with Rosalina specifically, they probably would have shown her off in other events by now if she is in them, because she would have to have different outfits, like Peach/Daisy/Amy/Blaze for the different kinds of events. I doubt they'd let her go barefoot and in a leotard in every event if she is playable in all of them.

It's basically believed that the veterans will be playable in every event, but the "newcomers" aren't really newcomers. Instead, they'll probably just be rivals like in past games, but you can unlock them for their one specific event and play as them.

This will be especially confusing considering Rosalina and Rouge are on the front cover. I don't see why they put them there if they are going to have such minor roles. Sex appeal points, I guess.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If this update is true then it'd likely come in for 3DS too unless it was a WiiU only bugfix. I'mma check the 3DS eShop and see if there's something there.

Edit: Nope, nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom