• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The only DLC character that was on my most wanted list was Mewtwo.

But that's not a bad thing.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Corrin is fun to play as but after playing Conquest I realized that Corrin is really braindead and that Robin is superior in every way

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Coricus only mentioned the possibility, which is quite apparent. Based on the fact that Bayo scored so low on many of our polls (although it doesn't help a lot of polls were thrown away if they didn't have "favorable" results) it's entirely feasible our echo chamber was dead wrong

Rhythem Heaven's nearly playable status and Isaac's ballot support have no correlation.

That is quite the assumption. A pretty grand one at that.

I'm pretty much certain it isn't a "one or the other" kind of deal.

Also the roster was decided VERY early in development. J/S

There are plenty of other theories for this.

1. Not being handled properly by the 3DS
2. Gustbellows
3. Isaac's falling relevancy
4. Coincidence (probably the most likely choice)

We got a song from Metroid Prime Hunters out of the blue as well. I wouldn't count musical choices as a hint towards anything.
- I don't think so. There was still some Bayo support online though not as much as K. Rool and others.
- I was pointing to the fact that Rhythm Heaven didn't have a Mii Costume as well.
- It was but it's not too far fetched. If 1.8 million votes were troll voted than a good 50% of the votes were most likely troll votes and kids voting for Goku, Shrek, and Spongebob. It could have been something like Bayo having 600,000-800,000 votes and Isaac having like 300,000-500,000 votes.
- True but cuts may have happened similar to how Mewtwo and Roy got the Axe in Brawl despite almost being in the game. It might have been a case where Isaac was lower priority than Shulk and the later got in. I don't like it when it's X character VS Y character but that's the only feasible scenario here.
- Isaac could have easily been an AT on the Wii U version exclusively if that was the case. DD was a 2010 title and it wasn't like he was irrelevant for a long time. The roster was decided in early 2012 like you said so DD would be pretty close to that deadline even if it was a bit before that. Banana's didn't stop Diddy from using that move so I doubt the Gustbellows influenced Isaac as well.
- The fact that GS got an additional track shows that Sakurai hasn't forgotten about the series. If he wanted he could have just had the Brawl track be the only GS related track in the game.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We talking Smash newcomers now?
:4greninja:-got a little hyped for Greninja at the time because he was one of my favourite pokemon introduced in gen VI at the time...now he's sort of getting the Lucario treatment and being pushed everywhere (except Pokken) though I still think he's a cool character...
:4megaman::4pacman:-Thought was cool because I knew they were a big deal...much like Sonic in Brawl...

DLC
:4ryu:-I really ****ing hate leaks...probably would've been more excited had I not known ahead of time...
:4feroy:-My boy's back!
:4cloud:-this theme plays...*dies* No other character has ever gotten me as hyped as Cloud...now if only midna and/or dark samus get revealed

Mind you none of these characters were what I asked for, but still can't complain...some of the others on the other hand:glare:...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
- I don't think so. There was still some Bayo support online though not as much as K. Rool and others.
- I was pointing to the fact that Rhythm Heaven didn't have a Mii Costume as well.
- It was but it's not too far fetched. If 1.8 million votes were troll voted than a good 50% of the votes were most likely troll votes and kids voting for Goku, Shrek, and Spongebob. It could have been something like Bayo having 600,000-800,000 votes and Isaac having like 300,000-500,000 votes.
- True but cuts may have happened similar to how Mewtwo and Roy got the Axe in Brawl despite almost being in the game. It might have been a case where Isaac was lower priority than Shulk and the later got in. I don't like it when it's X character VS Y character but that's the only feasible scenario here.
- Isaac could have easily been an AT on the Wii U version exclusively if that was the case. DD was a 2010 title and it wasn't like he was irrelevant for a long time. The roster was decided in early 2012 like you said so DD would be pretty close to that deadline even if it was a bit before that. Banana's didn't stop Diddy from using that move so I doubt the Gustbellows influenced Isaac as well.
- The fact that GS got an additional track shows that Sakurai hasn't forgotten about the series. If he wanted he could have just had the Brawl track be the only GS related track in the game.
If 1.8 Million is half, then 600,000-800,000 and 300,000-500,000 is VASTLY overestimating their respective votes.

Even if 1.8 million wasn't the number of troll votes, I doubt either of them got anywhere near that number of votes because this fanbase is far, FAR too splintered for that to happen. Both of them were likely going neck-and-neck with no less than a dozen other characters, and the fact that Bayo was only Top 5 in the U.S. and doesn't provide input on Japan means that there must have been a bunch of other characters that were being voted for nearly as much but were beaten out simply because different characters took majority in different regions and Bayonetta happened to be the one that the most people overall voted for first before their additional votes were erased.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Masuda's dropping mad hints right now!

And random legends info from 4chan that's probably fake, but I want cataloged:
#Legend Trio
Sollios Fire/Psychic
Lunatemis Ghost/Psychic
Entrophe Dark/Ice

#Rainbow Evils
Repride Fighting/Steel
Orath Fighting/Fire
Yenvy Ghost/Dark
Greedy Ghost/Bug
Blux Fairy/Poison
Indiloth Fairy/Grass
Violuton Normal/Dragon

CoroCoro better leak tonight if your doing this to us masuda!

Last edited:

AreJay25

Masuda's dropping mad hints right!

#Legend Trio
Sollios Fire/Psychic
Lunatemis Ghost/Psychic
Entrophe Dark/Ice

#Rainbow Evils
Repride Fighting/Steel
Orath Fighting/Fire
Yenvy Ghost/Dark
Greedy Ghost/Bug
Blux Fairy/Poison
Indiloth Fairy/Grass
Violuton Normal/Dragon

I thought that was a ping pong ball for a second.

Now I want a ping pong legendary.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If 1.8 Million is half, then 600,000-800,000 and 300,000-500,000 is VASTLY overestimating their respective votes.

Even if 1.8 million wasn't the number of troll votes, I doubt either of them got anywhere near that number of votes because this fanbase is far, FAR too splintered for that to happen. Both of them were likely going neck-and-neck with no less than a dozen other characters, and the fact that Bayo was only Top 5 in the U.S. and doesn't provide input on Japan means that there must have been a bunch of other characters that were being voted for nearly as much but were beaten out simply because different characters took majority in different regions and Bayonetta happened to be the one that the most people overall voted for first before their additional votes were erased.
Among realizable characters that is. Troll/kid votes can't be understated.

Sakurai even had an interview when he said a lot of kids ask him about Goku and Spongebob.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Caeldori's conversation with Chrom in the beginning reminds me of Blonic.

I'M NOT CORDELIA, I'M MY OWN ORGINAL CHARACTER, CAELDORI!
Yuna: "You're.....!!!!!" Tidus: "Leanne!"
"Arthur!!!!"
Saber: "Yes?!"
Saber Alter: "Yes?"
Saber Lily: "Yes?!"
Saber Extra: "Who?"
Sakura Saber: "Who?"
Red Saber: "Dad?"
Lancer Alter: "Yes?"
Lion Saber: "Gao?!"
Mysterious Heroine X: "?!"
Arthuria: "Yes?"
*insert any KH original character besides Aqua* "KH ORIGINAL CHARACTER KH ORIGINAL CHARACTER EVERYWHERE!!"
*looks at Link and Zelda*
*looks at animes with characters that have look-a-like ancestors*
Let's be honest, alot of series have their doppelgangers, look-a-likes and "Original characters".
Masuda's dropping mad hints right!

#Legend Trio
Sollios Fire/Psychic
Lunatemis Ghost/Psychic
Entrophe Dark/Ice

#Rainbow Evils
Repride Fighting/Steel
Orath Fighting/Fire
Yenvy Ghost/Dark
Greedy Ghost/Bug
Blux Fairy/Poison
Indiloth Fairy/Grass
Violuton Normal/Dragon

I would legitimately welcome an "Eclipse Pokemon" as the 3rd Legendary alongside the "Sun Pokemon" and "Moon Pokemon". That actually sounds rather cool and fitting.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If getting Ryu, Corrin and Bayonetta is what it takes to get Cloud, I'm not going to complain. ;)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Among realizable characters that is. Troll/kid votes can't be understated.

Sakurai even had an interview when he said a lot of kids ask him about Goku and Spongebob.
. . .Yeah?. . .

That would just make their vote numbers even lower, not higher.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
. . .Yeah?. . .

That would just make their vote numbers even lower, not higher.
Bayo was #1 worldwide among realizable characters meaning troll characters were most likely a lot higher than her.

I would even say the Top 5 Characters Worldwide not including realizable characters would be like this...

1. Goku
2. Spongebob
3. Steve
4. Shrek
5. Bayonetta

Which is exactly the issue.

Our estimates were clearly inaccurate. The possibility of K rool and the rest scoring far far weaker than expected is 100% feasible based on how few people saw Bayonetta coming.
-
What does Rhythm heaven not getting a costume have to do with Isaac scoring well on the ballot? Nothing. Which is why the 2 points are unrelated.

-If 1.8 million votes were troll voted than a good 50% of the votes were most likely troll votes
What?

It could have been something like Bayo having 600,000-800,000 votes and Isaac having like 300,000-500,000 votes.
Now you're just making up numbers without any solid evidence to base those numbers on. . .

- True but cuts may have happened similar to how Mewtwo and Roy got the Axe in Brawl despite almost being in the game..
Then there probably would have been more evidence towards that like Gematsu, hidden data like for Rhythm Heaven ETC.

It's pretty much a baseless theory otherwise
I don't like it when it's X character VS Y character but that's the only feasible scenario here..
There are plenty of other feasible scenarios and plenty of them involve Isaac simply not being considered.
- Isaac could have easily been an AT on the Wii U version exclusively if that was the case.
There are no Wii U exclusive AT. They wouldn't have just ONE exclusive AT because that would be stupid

Isaac's AT being cut means nothing for his possibility of being playable. There are more than enough logical reasons for him being cut.
Plenty of random ass series got music in smash but that doesn' mean Sakurai thinks highly of them

Beitan Kaitos got a song out of the blue but that certainly doesn't mean a BK character is super likely. (That ight actually be a Brawl song but the logic still stands that music has nothing to do with a series smash potential)

inb4 BK = Burger King = Sneak King joke

Now I'm off to bed so don't expect a reply.

As for how I felt about DLC
:4mewtwo: I was hyped like crazy TBH. My 2nd favorite melee character. And that reveal. Oh how sweet it was.

"TIME FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT"

*darkness*
Mewtwo appears and we all died

:4lucas: My Brawl main is back :D
I freaked out because I thought he was a goner and Wolf would be our Brawl rep. I was wrong

:4feroy:
My most wanted vet. A redesign and moveset. It was great

:4ryu: wut. It was great. Super cool character.

:4cloud: WHAT
based on my avi it's clear I liked the choice. Made me suddenly have interest in Final Fantasy until FFX made me hate RPGs not named pokemon for years. It helps his moveset is nearly my perfect moveset.

:4corrin: meh. Still haven't played Fates. At least the movesest is cool.

:4bayonetta: I still wonder who those "non-realizable characters" are :p At least the movest (as stupid as Witch Time looks and how crazy a 0-to death is that is) looks cool. Kind of forced me to play Bayonetta and even though it as a rough start ot got better so that's nice

All around pretty amazing. My favorite and 2nd favorite Melee character back? My favorite Brawl character back? My favorite cahracter in the history of smash (:4cloud:) gets added? Damn son

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well at one point Isaac could've been on the list of potential characters. He just didn't make it to the shortlist. It's possible. I mean his AT absence is suspicious. And in 2012 he was still fairly relevant and popular. But as there's no real evidence to back up that theory, it will remain a theory not really worth delving into.

Bayo was #1 worldwide among realizable characters meaning troll characters were most likely a lot higher than her.

I would even say the Top 5 Characters Worldwide not including realizable characters would be like this...

1. Goku
2. Spongebob
3. Steve
4. Shrek
5. Bayonetta
I'd wager that Snake placed above Bayonetta and Nintendo was unable to reacquire him.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

1. Goku
2. Spongebob
3. Steve
4. Shrek
5. Bayonetta
. . .My point in posting the comment about the numbers was specifically discussing the number of votes each realizable character got. It had nothing to do with the fact that non-realizable characters definitely were voted above her. I figured that was a given and irrelevant.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon No offense or anything but I don't think i'm going to have enough time to reply to all of that. I'll just respond to this point you made here which is the one I want to address the most.

There are no Wii U exclusive AT. They wouldn't have just ONE exclusive AT because that would be stupid

Isaac's AT being cut means nothing for his possibility of being playable. There are more than enough logical reasons for him being cut.
I still see no reason why the 3DS couldn't handle him. It's not like his move would crash the game or anything.

Worst case scenario they still could have added him exclusively to the Wii U version. There's a lot of trophies exclusive to both games so it's not a big deal. His absence as an AT has to mean something and it's not that GS is irrelevant because that's a sack of shiz if all those other characters were represented in the game. 3DS limitations I don't see being a huge factor in his absence. Like I said before it was most likely Nintendo favoring Shulk because of Xenoblade being more relevant and stuff. It's totally feasible for him to have been scrapped being low priority. I'm not saying it's 100% the case but it's still a very feasible possibility.

D

Deleted member

:4mewtwo: - I'm not really a Pokemon fan, nor was I ever good with him, but I always respected his inclusion in Melee and was glad to see him return.
:4lucas: - I never mained Lucas, but someone close to me did, so I was happy for the person in question.
:4feroy::4ryu: - I probably would have been more hyped for these two if it weren't for the leaks, but I was still pretty hyped for them nonetheless.
:4cloud: - Cloud was the most hype DLC character reveal due to the shock factor, plus finally being able to play as a Final Fantasy character in Smash. It was also at this point that I felt that it was pointless to predict the remaining 2+ characters.
:4corrin: - While a sixth Fire Emblem character wasn't exactly high on my want list (with a few exceptions), I also knew that some of my most wanted characters had next to no chance mainly due to lack of popularity (Zael, etc.) and/or third party issues (Simon, etc.), so I was willing to accept whoever was thrown at me as long as they were fun and offered something unique to the table. Corrin may not have been the hypest reveal for me, but he/she at least had the aforementioned qualities.
:4bayonetta: - Another character that caught me off guard like Cloud, as well as another character that I simply accepted like Corrin. I was surprised to find out that she was popular enough to win the ballot among negotiable and realizable characters, though I can understand why people voted for her, considering her moveset potential and the fact that Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2.

Overall, I'm very pleased with how the final roster turned out. I got two of my most wanted characters in :4megaman: and :4shulk:, plus a pleasant surprise in :4cloud:. I didn't get every character I wanted, though I haven't lost sleep over the lack of said absent characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I won't go into my thoughts on the character DLC we got for Smash 4 because most of my opinions are probably controversial, let alone somewhat personal in my viewpoints anyway. What I will talk about though is the stage DLC, which I feel was the best part of Smash DLC for me. I think way too many of the new stages in the base game aren't that fun to play, but all of the DLC stages are great. Not to mention my favorite Smash stage returned from Brawl. The retro stages as well as the newly crafted stages for the most part all have little unobtrusive gimmicks that make them stand out, but there isn't so much going on that makes them not fun to play on and none of them are too big. I think they did a pretty good job with the extra stages they gave us. Just wish there were a few more of them.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*sigh*
I normally don't like to complain but what's worse than being forced to watch ads on youtube without it giving you the option to skip...is being forced to watch ads on Youtube without it giving you the option to skip, that play in a language you don't speak and don't even watch anything that has this language so you're wondering why these ads are even showing up in the first place...

Ads about Greek yogurt that play in French...I don't get it...I understood when I got video game ads, but this?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
DLC characters are fun and great but my main Fearsome Four is much better than the DLC roster

image.png

Thank @Flight for the avatar. He's very talented

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Its not like Isaac's assist trophy was the only assist trophy that didn't return, and for all we know. Assist Trophies may not have been treated with any more value than Pokeball's.

In fact, they probably made a bigger deal out of the Pokeball item than the assist trophies for this game (presumebly due to the addition of the Master Ball item)

I don't think having a song added into the game means much on a character being considered either unless you want to imply that series like new style boutique/style savvy where in consideration too. And that game received a brand new remix and not just a recycled song.

That's just my opinion on the matter though....

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I won't go into my thoughts on the character DLC we got for Smash 4 because most of my opinions are probably controversial, let alone somewhat personal in my viewpoints anyway.
I feel you here as well. Voicing opinions that go against what people believe tend to not go well. That's why I have to be really careful with what I say or i'll have like 5 people quote me to give me walls of text why i'm wrong.

Funny because it still happens anyways a lot. :estatic:
I don't think having a song added into the game means much on a character being considered either unless you want to imply that series like new style boutique/style savvy where in consideration too. And that game received two brand new remixes and not just a recycled song.

No but it still means something. Sakurai didn't have to add the DD track if he didn't want to but still added it anyways. That's all i'm getting at

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What do you think of the Knife type in Fire Emblem Fates?
Nothing is cooler than throwing dagger's/shiruken's at your enemy. Especially when you do it with such class like the butler class does.

So pumped right now, we're getting a Dr.Strange trailer tomorrow :D
Ooooooooh, yes. Now I'm totally hyped for tomorrow. I remember when this movie was first announced.... Ah, how time goes by so fast. But I'm quite excited really, Doctor Strange is my favorite marvel hero. Especially the classic one back in the day.(Props to MvC3 to getting me interested back in the day.) Bleh, I could totally geek out right now. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
*sigh*
I normally don't like to complain but what's worse than being forced to watch ads on youtube without it giving you the option to skip...is being forced to watch ads on Youtube without it giving you the option to skip, that play in a language you don't speak and don't even watch anything that has this language so you're wondering why these ads are even showing up in the first place...

Ads about Greek yogurt that play in French...I don't get it...I understood when I got video game ads, but this?
Now that I'm not staff on this site let me say, adblock is your friend. ;)

Its not like Isaac's assist trophy was the only assist trophy that didn't return, and for all we know. Assist Trophies may not have been treated with any more value than Pokeball's.

In fact, they probably made a bigger deal out of the Pokeball item than the assist trophies for this game (presumebly due to the addition of the Master Ball item)

I don't think having a song added into the game means much on a character being considered either unless you want to imply that series like new style boutique/style savvy where in consideration too. And that game received two brand new remixes and not just a recycled song.

No but Isaac was one of the more popular ATs, and GS didn't up and vanish after Brawl, so his omission is strange.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now that I'm not staff on this site let me say, adblock is your friend. ;)
On one hand yes I agree, but on the other hand...a lot of these Youtubers are making a living off of their videos and the ads is where their income comes from....

I don't mind it most of the time just sometimes it can be irritating (a 30 sec ad I can't skip...but a 10 sec ad, I can...wut?)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No but Isaac was one of the more popular ATs, and GS didn't up and vanish after Brawl, so his omission is strange.
I agree but who knows.

I was really hoping he'd be playable. Maybe he intended to, but couldn't think of a way to make him feel unique enough. And would've been on the consideration list, but not the main one(like apparently RH was, and obviously the cut characters. Geno was likely on the pre-consideration list, like in Brawl, but that seems to be what Sakurai could be implying in his interview related to some of the DLC).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The biggest shame about the DLC is that there wasn't a single melee stage as DLC. R.I.P fourside
I even had an idea of a Day/Night system for Fourside that would have looked amazing on the Wii U.

AreJay25

The only Melee stage I really wanted was Fountain of Dreams.

I was pretty disappointed when its music was on DL64...

... and then Pirate Ship and Mario Maker came and gave me hope with music from other stages.

And then the Final Smash Direct happened and I was in a state of denial.

My dreams were dashed, then raised, then dashed again.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
While I do like the song selection it has. I do wish Pirate Ship got a few new songs though, or at least, gotten back some of the songs it had in Brawl that didn't return.

No Molgera's theme?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've never played Melee, but Fountain of Dreams sure looks like a treat visually. Maybe they'll bring something back next game the way they brought a 64 stage back on Wii U even prior to DLC.

It's nicer to think of what you'd like to see next time or even just what you wish you'd seen this time than just spitting venom at whatever you didn't ask for, at any rate.

. . .Although I'm willing to trash a fair few current stages if prompted due to the fact that no one cares about stages either way in any capacity other than for their legality, which makes it so I haven't had enough hatred shoved down my throat to want to retaliate by loving everything.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You know what's a shame when it comes to songs?
Midgar...one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard and we only get two songs!!! JENOVA? Bombing Mission? Crazy Motocycle? One Winged Angel? nope...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know what's a shame when it comes to songs?
Midgar...one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard and we only get two songs!!! JENOVA? Bombing Mission? Crazy Motocycle? One Winged Angel? nope...
It is a shame. But it's likely that Square Enix were making them pay a lot for the two songs alone, and Cloud, and Geno as a costume. SE ain't cheap, that's for sure.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It is a shame. But it's likely that Square Enix were making them pay a lot for the two songs alone, and Cloud, and Geno as a costume. SE ain't cheap, that's for sure.
My thoughts as well. Looks like SE charged them for every single SE related content in the game which was why Sakurai had to keep everything barebones as possible. Only one character, one stage, and 2 tracks seeing as all 3DS stages have 2 tracks. Then there's the Geno Mii Costume and the Chocobo one's which were added due to fan demand.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My thoughts as well. Looks like SE charged them for every single SE related content in the game which was why Sakurai had to keep everything barebones as possible. Only one character, one stage, and 2 tracks seeing as all 3DS stages have 2 tracks. Then there's the Geno Mii Costume and the Chocobo one's which were added due to fan demand.
Oh, right, forgot about Chocobo.

Albeit, the cheapest thing about SE is their in-game bosses. :troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'll toss my hat into the DLC ring before that gets completely forgotten.

:4mewtwo:I really don't care much for the Pokemon in Smash, mostly because they're just generic monsters and not characters, so there's not much there unless one of them happens to be your favorite Pokemon. None of the Pokemon in Smash are anywhere close to favorites, but Mewtwo is my favorite of the ones we do have, at least.
:4lucas:He's cool, but I prefer Ness 100% so I never actually use Lucas.
:4feroy:Like Pokemon, I don't care about Fire Emblem in Smash. Also like Pokemon, there's a ridiculous amount of them. And like Mewtwo, Roy is my favorite of the bunch and also happens to be a returning Melee veteran via DLC. So he's cool.
:4ryu:I really have no connection with Capcom, somehow. Never knew what a Mega Man was for most of my life, only knew Ryu as the guy from Streets. Both characters are fun and incredibly unique. I don't play either of them much.
:4cloud:Having never played a Final Fantasy game in my life, and with the incredibly lackluster content in Smash, Cloud has grown on me purely from moveset alone. Absolute best DLC character, no doubt, one of the best additions to Smash since Solid Snake. 10/10, please add more "Sony related" characters. I'm going to be incredibly sad when he goes the way of Snake next game.
:4corrinf:I don't see how her moveset is so unique, she can pin the ground and her forward smash can hurt you while it charges. Rest of the moveset is basically Meta Knight if he were in Fire Emblem.
:4bayonetta:Oddly enough, I don't enjoy the sexualized character with an English accent. I don't get it either. She's kinda next to Miss Fit as "oh, this character is in the game." As a side note, the single most annoying moveset to fight against.

So out of all the DLC, Cloud is the only one I actually use. I should probably play FFVII.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Honestly if SE is going to hold up Nintendo for money like that then I would much rather them not use any additional SE characters really. Especially if they're not going to go all the way and get as much SE content as possible like Trophies, Assist Trophies, and more than 2 tracks.

Tell SE to stop being money grubbing aholes or just call it a day with Cloud as the only SE character. Unless you're going to meet their demands and go all the way which I wouldn't do personally because theirs a broad range of 3rd party characters that can be added that aren't SE related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom