• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Not to get too political but this is such an insane topic that is ridiculous.

Whether you like Trump or not, you cannot deny that this is just ridiculous.

Colorado isn't even holding a primary for GOP voters. They're just giving all the delegates to Ted Cruz. That is absolutely insane. And Ted Cruz is completely okay with it... he even said something like "Rules are Rules Donald".

Seriously wtf is going on with the GOP.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Myers-Briggs was discussed earlier, and I got what I got every other time I did it. :p
Personality Thing.png

Real life examples given included George Washington, Angela Merkel and Natalie Portman, while fictional ones included Hermione, Agent Scully, Jason Bourne, Eddward Stark, Thorin Oakenshield, and Adrian Monk. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/11/mediabizarresakurai/

I don't think I saw anyone mention this which surprises me

Sakurai talking about Jojo
"
Sakurai: Well anyway, let’s talk about the game. In the first part of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, there’s a scene where Jojo’s pet dog is killed, and he shouts, “What the hell are you doing!? Unforgivable!”

"
Sakurai confirmed as a ****ing fraud. Jonathan said that after Danny got KICKED. @PushDustIn was this a **** up on your end or is Sakurai remembering it wrong? Just curious

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So after some reminiscing about past video games, what are some dormant series/games that you wish were still around or wish there was a remake of these days?
Mega Man
Murasame Castle
Jet Set Radio (I don't care of an indie game inspired by it exists)
F-Zero
Bomberman
Ganbare Goemon
Half Life (Please Lord Gaben)
Jak and Daxter
Parappa the Rapper (Whenever Dredd Foxx gets his **** together)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finished AA today
Man, that was a satisfying end
Von Karma was a ****ing asshole and I'm glad I was able to make him lose his **** like that
And... wait, I thought there were 5 ca-- oh nevermind, there it is
ANIMATION! 3D MODELS! EXCITEMENT?
I guess this is the extra one they added in the DS port, I wonder if it'll be part of the anime
Also, I shed a tear everytime Mia's ghost shows up :'^)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
screenshot-www.16personalities.com 2016-04-11 18-11-23.png

Got INTP again.Guess thats cool,turns out that dexter,Doc Ock,Spider-Man, and Tails are INTP.As well as einstein and isaac newton.The more you know :p

Burruni

Smash Hero
Finished AA today
Von Karma was a ****ing ******* and I'm glad I was able to make him lose his **** like that
I guess this is the extra one they added in the DS port, I wonder if it'll be part of the anime
I'd say yes because it's been brought back in the Wii and ios versions of AA1 and ultimately is called back upon with later titles.

D

Deleted member

Man, I love these plot reviews
Warning: language
Conquest's video is going to be savage just like the Awakening one
I'd say yes because it's been brought back in the Wii and ios versions of AA1 and ultimately is called back upon with later titles.
How many episodes is it going to have anyways? Because unless they chop down the third case, I'd say each case will have 3-4 episodes
But we'll see eventually

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm glad that CoroCoro leak time is getting near.

I just pray it has SOMETHING to show us after sitting through all those "reveals" they teased us since the past 2 months.

Finished AA today
Von Karma was a ****ing ******* and I'm glad I was able to make him lose his **** like that
Great. Only 4 more main games, a spinoff, a crossover, and 2 Japanese only games and an upcoming sequel to go :' )

Ivander

Smash Legend
This reminds me of that one photo with that Dragonball Z game next to Smash 3DS.

View attachment 103580
From that page alone:
-Mario
-Link
-Pikachu
-Pit
-Villager
-Rosalina
-Little Mac
-Marth
-Samus
-Yoshi
-Kirby

-Megaman X
-Ryu
-Dante
-Valkyrie
-Ulala
-Ryo Hazuki
-Hotsuma (Shinobi)
-Yuri Lowell
-Leon S. Kennedy
-Morrigan
-Phoenix Wright
-Haseo (hack)
-Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
-Aty (Summon Night)
-Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)

Seeing that list, I'm pretty sure the world would explode if a game with the rosters of both games happened.
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Rosalina & Luma
-Bowser Jr. (Koopaling Alts)
-Yoshi
-Wario
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Dr. Mario
-Link
-Zelda
-Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Samus
-ZS Samus
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede
-Fox
-Falco
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Charizard
-Mewtwo
-Lucario
-Greninja
-Marth
-Roy
-Ike
-Robin
-Corrin
-Ness
-Lucas
-Pit
-Palutena
-Dark Pit
-Captain Falcon
-Olimar (Alph)
-Mr. Game & Watch
-R.O.B.
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Little Mac
-Shulk
-Duck Hunt
-Sonic
-Megaman Classic
-Pac-Man
-Cloud
-Bayonetta
-Mii Fighter
-Ken
-Chun-Li
-Ingrid
-Chris Redfield
-Jill Valentine
-Leon S. Kennedy
-Dante
-Vergil
-Demitri
-Morrigan
-Felicia
-Strider
-Megaman X
-Zero
-Captain Commando
-June (Star Gladiator)
-Phoenix Wright

-Heihachi Mishima
-Kazuya Mishiman
-Jin Kazama
-Ling Xiaoyu
-Kite (.hack)
-Haseo (.hack)
-Ciel Alencon (God Eater)
-Nana Kazuki (God Eater)
-Alisa (God Eater)
-Yuri Lowell
-Flynn Scifo
-Estelle Heurassein
-KOS-MOS
-Natsu (Soul Calibur V)
-Aty (Summon Night)
-Valkyrie
-Reiji Arisu
-Xiaomu

-Axel Stone
-Hotsuma (Shinobi)
-Hibana (Shinobi)
-Ulala
-Ryo Hazuki
-Akira Yuki
-Kage-Maru
-Pai Chan
-Zephyr (Resonance of Fate)
-Vashyron (Resonance of Fate)
-Leanne (Resonance of FAte)
-Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
-Goro Majima (Yakuza)
-Ichiro Ogami (Sakura Wars)
-Sakura Shinguji
-Gemini Sunrise
-Erica Fontaine
-Segata Sanshiro

-Chrom
-Fiora
-Ryu
-Lucina

Edit: I just noticed that the amount of characters for each game are pretty close to each other. IIRC, Smash 4 has 58 while Project X Zone 2 has around 56-58.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Great. Only 4 more main games, a spinoff, a crossover, and 2 Japanese only games and an upcoming sequel to go :' )
Trust me, I wish I could play them
And I haven't exactly finished it, just the main story
Say, if I wanted to play one of the 3DS ganes, do I need to play the other ones first or are games' plots not connected that much?

Trust me, I wish I could play them
And I haven't exactly finished it, just the main story
Say, if I wanted to play one of the 3DS ganes, do I need to play the other ones first or are games' plots not connected that much?
Everything is chronological. If you played AA3 before 2 your mind would explode.

Of course i haven't actually PLAYED 5 so I can't confirm as much for that one but it's a pretty good assumption.

The other 2 3DS games are a crossover and not released in the west but is from a completely different time period so you're probably good there.

EDIT typos galore!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think coro coro will give us box legends or the starters. Most likely legends, then if we are lucky, we get silhouettes of the starters.

I also could see some in game screens, and a synopsis maybe.

I also expect slight teases towards future info.

D

Deleted member

So apparently the Inhumans movie has been pushed back to 2020 because of the Indiana Jones reboot movie that Disney announced to be coming out around the same time as the Inhumans movie.

:ohwell:
*sigh* So it's gotten to the point where Disney is even pushing back their own movies now? I guess messing with smaller films of other producers wasn't enough...

I'll find a way to play the other AA DS game... one day...

"There's a contradiction in the witness's testimony!"
3DS has the first 3 games as a trilogy. You probably should have started with that TBH. :p

Shhhh AA investigations 2's translation is considered one of the best games in the series and that game is japanese only as well.

"Wait what the **** why is this song in my current playlist? That is way more than 200 songs back. . ."

*Playing video 3 of 314*

**** YES YOUTUBE MADE PLAYLISTS OF OVER 200 VIDEOS PLAY ALL OF THEM IN ONE LIST INSTEAD OF 200. I CAN NOW LISTEN TO MY ENTIRE PLAYLIST INSTEAD OF JUST A 2 THIRDS OF IT.

MUSIC TO CELEBRATE

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Everything is chronological. If you played AA3 before 2 your mind would explode.

Of course i haven't actually PLAYED 5 so I can't confirm as much for that one but it's a pretty good assumption.

The other 2 3DS games are a crossover and not released in the west but is from a completely different time period so you're probably good there.

EDIT typos galore!
AA5 is the latest. On part of a certain Forehead Boy showing up again.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
We're getting an Indiana Jones movie and a Han Solo movie in the same year.

What a time to be alive.

D

Deleted member

3DS has the first 3 games as a trilogy. You probably should have started with that TBH. :p

Shhhh AA investigations 2's translation is considered one of the best games in the series and that game is japanese only as well.

"Wait what the **** why is this song in my current playlist? That is way more than 200 songs back. . ."

*Playing video 3 of 314*

**** YES YOUTUBE MADE PLAYLISTS OF OVER 200 VIDEOS PLAY ALL OF THEM IN ONE LIST INSTEAD OF 200. I CAN NOW LISTEN TO MY ENTIRE PLAYLIST INSTEAD OF JUST A 2 THIRDS OF IT.

MUSIC TO CELEBRATE
My friend had the DS version so I just thought "Why not?"
I'll probably try to find the 3DS trilogy though
But why is AA2 Japan only?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So apparently the Inhumans movie has been pushed back to 2020 because of the Indiana Jones reboot movie that Disney announced to be coming out around the same time as the Inhumans movie.

Man that means we wont see the inhumans in infinity war.Sucks i was really hoping to see the GOTG,the inhumans and the avengers team-up to fight Thanos.Of course with the defenders in new york fighting

I think 3DS rilogy is eshop only. Not sure

AA investigations 2. Not AA2. AA Investigations is a spinoff series where you play as the best character.

The sequel never reached the west for reasons I haven't bothered to learn.

The other game to not reach the west is on the 3DS and it's less of a spinoff and more of a prequel from my understainding (which is limited) lol

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, I knew that but for some reason my brain went, "yeah it's totally logical for you to be introduced to a character in the sequel instead of the game with HIS NAME ON THE BOX"

:facepalm:
Nah, he may as well have been introduced in AA5. I like to pretend that's the case at least. :V

He was such an unmemorable cardboard box in his own game, yet somehow managed to skyrocket to being one of my favourite characters in AA5.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The cover for the sister magazine of coro coro has been posted online. Sun and moon have logos on it, but their placing is odd. Doesn’t help show us what could be inside. And the main issue has yet to be posted online for sale, so I wonder if it’s hiding something new? I hope it means we are getting some piece of info on the games.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Nibroc-Rock made another cool render of his Dreamcast Sonic model, having improved the model since last time.

He also made a Classic Fox mod for Smash Wii U and an accompanying render.

Man I really like that classic fox render.

It looks really good in game as well:

Burruni

Smash Hero
AA2 isn't japan only.
The Investigations "spin-off" series's second game is Japan-only.
And by spinoff we mean it's a somewhat different gameplay style starring Edgey Boy

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm not gonna lie, after seeing the (mostly) negative reaction of female Thor in the comics, I hope Jane picks up Mjolnir at some point in the MCU and becomes female Thor just to screw around with people lol.

Also if we ever get a MvC4, this right here:

Needs to be remixed as Old Man Logan's theme.

It sounds so tragic and Old Man Logan's past filled to the brim with tragedy, so it would fit perfectly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think 3DS rilogy is eshop only. Not sure

AA investigations 2. Not AA2. AA Investigations is a spinoff series where you play as the best character.

The sequel never reached the west for reasons I haven't bothered to learn.

The other game to not reach the west is on the 3DS and it's less of a spinoff and more of a prequel from my understainding (which is limited) lol
WHAT!? ****, I NEED THIS GAME NOW
AA2 isn't japan only.
The Investigations "spin-off" series's second game is Japan-only.
And by spinoff we mean it's a somewhat different gameplay style starring Edgey Boy
HOU MEAN I GET TO BE A PROSECUTOR?? YOU REALIZE HOW COOL IS THAT!?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The cover for the sister magazine of coro coro has been posted online. Sun and moon have logos on it, but their placing is odd. Doesn’t help show us what could be inside. And the main issue has yet to be posted online for sale, so I wonder if it’s hiding something new? I hope it means we are getting some piece of info on the games.

Man, Planet Robobot gets a better spotlight on that thing than Sun/Moon.

Took me forever to even find the green box highlighting the logos in that thing.

The cover is pretty badly cluttered, but it seems to be Yokai Watch centered in this issue.

Still, you said "sister magazine." They could just be saving anything they have for the actual thing.

And is this a merch magazine? Because if it is, then it makes more sense for Sun/Moon to have such little coverage as games that haven't even had any of their Pokemon shown off yet can't be expected to have much merchandise ready to be marketed for them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honestly it's a good thing. You wouldn't want a fairly unknown property going up against Indiana Jones of all things. It'd cannibalize the ticket sales. They likely don't want history to repeat itself, with The Good Dinosaur coming out so close to The Force Awakens, for example.

I'm confident the Inhumans movie will turn out great, but it can wait. Now if it was Infinity War getting pushed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom