• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The only games I can see getting ports are Smash, Pokken, Super Mario Maker, and possibly Splatoon. Upcoming Zelda is probably a given.

I think one thing people are forgetting is that ports across generations aren't just made because the game is popular but because they can benefit from them. Last of us went from sub 1080p 30fps to 1080p60fps. Every Halo game in the Master Chief collection got bumped up to 1080p60fps.

Most Wii U games are already at 1080p60fps, meaning porting them really won't benefit much unless it's pushing 4K. Games like Pokken and Smash, although not needing the upgrade, would benefit being on more relevant hardware for the competitive scene. Super Mario Maker is recent and still being developed. Splatoon is... uh... it's Splatoon.
Star Fox Zero? That's a new title and I'll be surprised if they don't port it.

:231:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lol. Bayonetta's not even broken. All the fuss over here and banning her potentially is ridiculous.

EDIT: I don't even say that as a main of her because lol frankly she's my secondary and I know I'm not all that great with her.

But literally a good Bayonetta main has to be really really really ridiculous at set ups and combo games to even make her one of the strongest in the game like people are saying.

It's not like she's some instant overpowered combo set up queen or something.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bayo needs some nerfs.

That much is certain.

But a ban at this point is insulting and ridicule worthy. Other fighting game communities are laughing at us. Even Melee players.

She's OP, just not bannable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If they're doing Smash NX, I just think they should add content that seemed blatantly omitted for Wii U/3DS, as well as effectively combining their content and the DLC.

As for stuff they should add, the main thing I want is an Adventure Mode on the scale of Subspace Emissary. With or without a story, but I would prefer having one, that's well done of course. In any case, Subspace Emissary, whether you like it or not, was effectively it's own game. Having something like that in a Smash Wii U port for NX would easily justify another purchase on it's own for a lot of people, myself included. I also feel like it shouldn't be that hard. They already have the programming for tons of enemies on the 3DS version, as well as potential boss characters. The idea of playing through a mode like that with the newcomers of Smash Wii U/3DS is also super appealing. And I think it would add a real use to customs. There are numerous other things I want for this and how it could be done, but you get the gist.

Also maybe bring Target Smash back.

A replay editor could be cool too.

Proper alt costumes for every character.

Also the ability to take amiibo online. And just better online in general.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I get they want to have a villain we haven't seen in a live action Spider-Man movie yet, but I'm still surprised they went with Vulture. Who are they going to use for future Spider-Man movies? I'm thinking Mysterio and Kraven. It's a bummer though, I really would like to see Green Goblin and Venom in the MCU. I know Sony is making a Venom movie, but I have no hopes in that being good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My secret weapon for when I play Smash has arrived...

If you think an in-game Luma is annoying, wait until you have to deal with one in REAL LIFE! :demon:

It's even life size too! And yes it's an official plush. Very rare from what I know, it came out when Galaxy 2 came out.

IMAG0349.jpg

My copy ended up a little thin but it's still really good. Looks a bit better in person.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I get they want to have a villain we haven't seen in a live action Spider-Man movie yet, but I'm still surprised they went with Vulture. Who are they going to use for future Spider-Man movies? I'm thinking Mysterio and Kraven. It's a bummer though, I really would like to see Green Goblin and Venom in the MCU. I know Sony is making a Venom movie, but I have no hopes in that being good.
In some shows, Vulture is Spidey's first villain to face. Also, he's lower tier than most others. That means that Spider-Man can grow better to face stronger villains in time. This'll allow not just more characterization(and for Vulture too, as his backstory is simply a little better than just "I wanted to be evil" or "I made a mistake and injected myself", but actually was screwed over by someone badly and wanted to get back at them. Well, depending the storyline. This could be interesting. The first set of live action films actually made some villains more tragic, and it also made them more interesting in return). I think this means he won't be generic, but also will be enough of a challenge for Spidey to grow as a character in general.

Plus, when doing a reboot, you should never start with super powerful villains. Green Goblin is one of Spidey's most powerful foes. He's almost always enhanced like Spider-Man was, and full of major artillery that can clearly kill people, as the live action movies proved. In addition, he's not always tragic either. Depending if it's Norman or his son. For his son, he usually is part of a tragic story. But Norman has rarely been show as anything but a jerk at best. Now, Green Goblin could be hinted at or show up later, maybe, with his son taking the mantle or playing a role in the story. Harry is interesting like that.

Also, you do realize that Venom is one of the few Tier 1 villains that Spidey cannot beat outside of using something besides his basic talents. Kraven he can trick, or use his agility. Lizard too. Venom most often won't activate the Spidey sense, which already forces Spider-Man to be on alert and will likely take a pounding. Yes, Venom has a major weakness in sound, but in many cases, killing the symbiote can be next to impossible. Especially as the MCU under Disney(Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. has Doc Ock use Spidey's own blood) shows that Spider-Man's blood can potentially create another Venom if he was infused with it. Even in older shows, I doubt that Spidey had zero Venom cells in him even after discarding the symbiote. More like dormant and unused cells. DNA doesn't magically change after being infected. Plus, there was never an antidote, just sound removing Venom from keeping control. Technically speaking, there's nothing to suggest Spider-Man lost every possible cell that had the symbiote in it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If they're doing Smash NX, I just think they should add content that seemed blatantly omitted for Wii U/3DS, as well as effectively combining their content and the DLC.

As for stuff they should add, the main thing I want is an Adventure Mode on the scale of Subspace Emissary. With or without a story, but I would prefer having one, that's well done of course. In any case, Subspace Emissary, whether you like it or not, was effectively it's own game. Having something like that in a Smash Wii U port for NX would easily justify another purchase on it's own for a lot of people, myself included. I also feel like it shouldn't be that hard. They already have the programming for tons of enemies on the 3DS version, as well as potential boss characters. The idea of playing through a mode like that with the newcomers of Smash Wii U/3DS is also super appealing. And I think it would add a real use to customs. There are numerous other things I want for this and how it could be done, but you get the gist.

Also maybe bring Target Smash back.

A replay editor could be cool too.

Proper alt costumes for every character.

Also the ability to take amiibo online. And just better online in general.
Good example: More Rhythm Heaven content. With that icon in the game's code, they were close to giving us more than just trophies for that series. But I wouldn't bet on the Chorus Kids being playable sadly.

I still can'
t figure out who's the anon that gave me this Premium account.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We're getting Vulture as the new Spiderman villain, AND STILL NO CARNAGE!!?!!?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We're getting Vulture as the new Spiderman villain, AND STILL NO CARNAGE!!?!!?
Can't do Carnage without Venom

And before you say you can, you literally can't do it because Carnage is an offspring of Venom and if you don't set up Venom, you can't set up Carnage.

Considering that's what the Sam Raimi movies were gonna do

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh my gooooooooooood that Doctor Strange trailer.

I'm hyped. Can't wait.
If a sequel were to happen, I would like to see them bring back an old powerful foe ike Shuma Gorath.

But chances are that they'll go for the more recognizable Dormammu instead.

Last edited:

Soul.

I wrote a pretty lengthy feature about what I think Smash for Nx would look like:
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/02/10/smashnxpt1/

If you guys are interested in hearing what I say. I do a lot of looking back to what happened in the first part.
The article has the 3DS version at 7.37m when the official software sales data on Nintendo's website says it's at 7.92m. Wii U version at 4.03m instead of 4.61m. Are you using Q2 2015 sales numbers? The newest sales numbers are from Q3 2015, uploaded on February of this year. Wii U hardware sold 12.60m and 3DS has 57.94m.

Attach rate may have increased too.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait a minute

This doesn't look like a PS4 controller, Xbone Controller or a Steam Controller
image.png

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So Pokémon Sun and Moon may take place in Mexico... where the Aztecs roamed... and where blood sacrifices to pagan gods were performed...

upload_2016-4-13_10-50-59.png

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Can't do Carnage without Venom

And before you say you can, you literally can't do it because Carnage is an offspring of Venom and if you don't set up Venom, you can't set up Carnage.

Considering that's what the Sam Raimi movies were gonna do
My point was we haven't had a movie featuring Carnage yet, when we did at least get Venom, despite it not being the best movie we could have had featuring Venom...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Big Wheel as a villain or bust.
What's that? You don't remember Big Wheel? He's kind of a big deal.

He even has his own gimmick and everything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait a minute

This doesn't look like a PS4 controller, Xbone Controller or a Steam Controller
View attachment 103780
I tried looking up random controllers, even third party stuff and Android/iOS pads, and can't find anything resembling that from a quick scan.

It looks like it has a touchpad at the bottom though, which, IIRC, haven't a lot of NX rumours been saying something about it having a touch pad element on the controller?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wouldn't that be hillarious?

After all the huge NDAs and crazy steps taken to prevent leaks, and after all the fake leaks and even 3D printing, the NX controller gets leaked by a ****ing basketball game.

A plot twist of the ages.
The greatest of plot twist. It even looks like it has a touch pad on the bottom part of the
controller.
I tried looking up random controllers, even third party stuff and Android/iOS pads, and can't find anything resembling that from a quick scan.

It looks like it has a touchpad at the bottom though, which, IIRC, haven't a lot of NX rumours been saying something about it having a touch pad element on the controller?
Not a lot but it could be the next step considering the PS4 has some touch features on its touch pad

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well now I must rethink things....

And people are having fun with no boxart for sun and moon:
1460503543418.jpg

and Sun and Moon in Mexico? I could see it, Hawaii makes sense to though, were going to just have to wait for more info and hints.

And if it is mexico,

Illegal Stat Boosting Item Trades when?

And Doctor strange looks pretty good! The new spiderman also has potential as well!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not much help at all but there is another point in the trailer where you can see that mysterious controller:

It looks kinda rounded at the sides, which definitely is different to the controllers we are currently using on our consoles.

EDIT: I also feel like pointing out that both sticks are on the top of the controller, something the Wii U GamePad and Pro Controller are known for.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A new Kirby Planet Robobot trailer has been released showcasing ESP Kirby:

And apparently the other page of coro coro was a skit of how they had to sneak into Gamefreak HQ to steal a picture of the boxarts:

Not sure how I should feel about this...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So tomorrow is when the new Pokemon XY episode will be released where Serena temporarily dons Ash's clothes while he is sick, and I remember this episode had quite the discussion around here because the Amourshipping was too strong in those preview shots.

That's when it got me thinking of a question that I want to ask everyone here: Do you want Serena to return for the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime the same way Misty did in Johto, or would you rather have a completely new female character replace Serena for the next season?

For me...
I hope Serena continues to travel with Ash going into the Sun and Moon region. I really liked Seren'a development throughout the X/Y series so far, and when she tells Palermo that she doesn't want to train under her because she wants to travel with Ash, it got me thinking: maybe Serena wants to learn more about Pokemon and where she can improve in what she wants to do by traveling with Ash to the next region? I think that would be interesting to see.

Then again, I'm a fan of Amourshipping, so part of the answer is also due to my bias.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So tomorrow is when the new Pokemon XY episode will be released where Serena temporarily dons Ash's clothes while he is sick, and I remember this episode had quite the discussion around here because the Amourshipping was too strong in those preview shots.

That's when it got me thinking of a question that I want to ask everyone here: Do you want Serena to return for the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime the same way Misty did in Johto, or would you rather have a completely new female character replace Serena for the next season?

For me...
I hope Serena continues to travel with Ash going into the Sun and Moon region. I really liked Seren'a development throughout the X/Y series so far, and when she tells Palermo that she doesn't want to train under her because she wants to travel with Ash, it got me thinking: maybe Serena wants to learn more about Pokemon and where she can improve in what she wants to do by traveling with Ash to the next region? I think that would be interesting to see.

Then again, I'm a fan of Amourshipping, so part of the answer is also due to my bias.
I'd like her to stay, and think she will. She kind of is being built up as the new misty. With them playing her relationship with Ash more. And they don't need her to train and be kalos queen, she could gain experience, and denied the offer already. I think it be even more interesting if in Sun and Moon's anime, she, clement and bonnie return, and then Serena takes on gyms in sun and moon.

I do hope they also changed and up the maturity/demographic for sun and moon's anime. XY and Z has slowly done that, but I think they should take it further and either make them like the mega evolution acts or the origins special. It would work well imo.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wouldn't that be hillarious?

After all the huge NDAs and crazy steps taken to prevent leaks, and after all the fake leaks and even 3D printing, the NX controller gets leaked by a ****ing basketball game.

A plot twist of the ages.
It lacks any distinguishing features though.

Looks like a 3D printed controller to me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It lacks any distinguishing features though.

Looks like a 3D printed controller to me.
...Define "distinguishing features".

Reminder that everyone thought the Wii U Pro Controller was an Xbox controller because it doesn't exactly look distinct either.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
...Define "distinguishing features".

Reminder that everyone thought the Wii U Pro Controller was an Xbox controller because it doesn't exactly look distinct either.
Good point, actually.

At this period, it may actually just be a prototype.

I assumed something similar but that wouldn't be nearly as funny as what I posted :p
No, no, Zebei... We can't have rationality and logic.

In this tragicomedy we call life, that'd be just about right.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the reason they're not doing Green Goblin is a two-parter.

1. The obvious one is Goblin Fatigue, considering he's been in so many of the other attempts at Spider-Man film series. Spider-Man has a huge rogues gallery, so relying on Goblin too much isn't the best plan.

2. Villains in the MCU often get flack for not being fully developed or engaging (Malekith, Ronan, Whiplash, Iron Monger, "The Mandarin," Yellowjacket, etc), barring ones that appeared throughout multiple films, like Loki. I think Green Goblin/Norman/potentially Harry Osborn is too iconic of a character for them to not develop him. I think they'll do something like this: Vulture's the main villain of Spider-Man Homecoming, with Osborn being a background/side character you see once or twice, setting him up. Second film in Spidey's trilogy, set him up moreso as another villain takes the main villain spot (Mysterio maybe?). Finally it would culminate in a third film with Green Goblin as an engaging and memorable villain.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think the reason they're not doing Green Goblin is a two-parter.

1. The obvious one is Goblin Fatigue, considering he's been in so many of the other attempts at Spider-Man film series. Spider-Man has a huge rogues gallery, so relying on Goblin too much isn't the best plan.

2. Villains in the MCU often get flack for not being fully developed or engaging (Malekith, Ronan, Whiplash, Iron Monger, "The Mandarin," Yellowjacket, etc), barring ones that appeared throughout multiple films, like Loki. I think Green Goblin/Norman/potentially Harry Osborn is too iconic of a character for them to not develop him. I think they'll do something like this: Vulture's the main villain of Spider-Man Homecoming, with Osborn being a background/side character you see once or twice, setting him up. Second film in Spidey's trilogy, set him up moreso as another villain takes the main villain spot (Mysterio maybe?). Finally it would culminate in a third film with Green Goblin as an engaging and memorable villain.
I see what you did there.

I really want to see the Chameleon and/or Mysterio team up for a heist with Spider-Man trying to use his skills as a scientist/reporter to figure out when, where, and how they're going to pull it off.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Z25 Z25 : I looked at the new footage for "Kirby: Planet Robobot", and I noticed that at around 1:23, there's a point where you have to rotate the Circle Pad. I just hope that you can use the Control Pad to move and do those kinds of actions as well.

I want to say "all i want is a good x" in spider man movies but i grew up with im so I want like 20 things

A good sinister six, Rhino, Shocker, Mysterio, Venom, Carnage, Symbiotes, etc etc.

Never would i have specified the vulture though :laugh:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
A new Kirby Planet Robobot trailer has been released showcasing ESP Kirby:
I need it to be June already.

...also, has it been confirmed if all abilities are getting Robot modes? I feel like it was said somewhere that only certain ones were, but we've seen more than what I think was said were originally getting modes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing I think could be interesting is if they tie Vulture's origin to Falcon's, due to the similarity in their wing-packs. That just feels like something the MCU would do.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
THe kirby game is looking awesome

But that footage was SO weird without music

I hope they have a mirror power trailer

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 : I looked at the new footage for "Kirby: Planet Robobot", and I noticed that at around 1:23, there's a point where you have to rotate the Circle Pad. I just hope that you can use the Control Pad to move and do those kinds of actions as well.
True, I wouldn't be surprised if it The story starts was circle pad exclusive, but I also don’t see why it can’t use the control pad.

I need it to be June already.

...also, has it been confirmed if all abilities are getting Robot modes? I feel like it was said somewhere that only certain ones were, but we've seen more than what I think was said were originally getting modes.
I don’t know if they have said anything on if all transformations have or don’t have robobot forms, but I could see all of them having them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom