• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone have youtubers you watch a lot, but don't subscribe to?

I have a lot of youtubers I don't subscribe to because they talk "politics" and junk occasionally and I'm not too keen on people knowing my "Affiliations", to be judged on that alone.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I have a lot of youtubers I don't subscribe to because they talk "politics" and junk occasionally and I'm not too keen on people knowing my "Affiliations", to be judged on that alone.
I'm not subscribed to the majority of Youtubers I watch.

I'm subscribed to like....three, I think? It's been a while since I've even checked.....

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I watch GameXplain, but I'm not subscribed to them.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Screwattack and SmoshGames/Movies...GameXplain at times...a couple LP channels as well...

Sometimes after a while I'll subscribe to them if I find myself watching almost regularly...but for the most part I'll just watch them as they come or if I remember if they exist...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

2 actually.

The Escapist only for Zero Punctuation and Alpharad

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm about to fight against my brother in pokemon

We both started new games of X and Y around the same time

My team is

Volcarona, Starmie, Ferrothorn, Malamar, Garchomp, and Granbull

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My garchomp could have actually taken his whole team, but I thought I'd be sporting and switch to a different pokemon

I still won the battle but my malamar and garchomp ended up fainting because I did that

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Hi everyone!

Oh! That was my hundredth post! :)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

According to a random test I took online this is how it rated me politically

However, I'm not exactly sure how accurate it is. A lot of the questions were ...situational I guess.

It also didn't have a middle option. It was agree or disagree.

According to their chart, the closest historical person I align with is "Gandhi"

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

However, I'm not exactly sure how accurate it is. A lot of the questions were ...situational I guess.

According to their chart, the closest historical person I align with is "Gandhi"
Can I get a link?

:231:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wish there was a middle option too. There were some topics I don't have much of an opinion on.

View attachment 103417

This is mine. Looks I'm a tiny bit more left-leaning than you.

Well, I was raised in a right leaning family.

If i'd have to guess, my father would probably be right libertarian. But at the same time I'm a little noobish in this

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I was raised in a right leaning family.

If i'd have to guess, my father would probably be right libertarian. But at the same time I'm a little noobish in this
My father is a hardcore communist while my mother is religious but libertarian. I guess I fall in the middle.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I do that for lulz. :p
And here I thought it was your day job. :troll:

Anyway, am I seeing right? Bill Trinen quoting SourceGaming?
View attachment 103419

I don't know if it's the first time, but this is incredible.

Not surprised. Nintendo Power has quoted Smashboards too. It's about a professional outlook on a subject Nintendo and associates likes to quote, if they find it notable in general as a subject. It was bound to happen, considering how awesome Push's site has been doing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Likewise, I also wish there was a middle option, or rather a "well it's not really that simple" option for some questions. :laugh: Regardless...

It bothers me that my dot's only a bit off from being centered in a square.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I feel this is hella inaccurate since there were things I didn't understand or didn't have much of an opinion on, and since there's no in-between, I just settled for disagree or agree.

I feel like I should be a bit farther left, if not a lot.

edit: re-did the quiz and looked up anything I didn't fully understand

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

*looks for test*

. . .Well the wording on some of those questions was certainly a bit. . .odd. Almost comes off like a Left-wing writer trying to be guilt trippy and drop anvils about things that are already widely considered to be terrible. Doesn't give the impression of being worded in a very objective manner. And yes, I was having some problems with the lack of a neutral option as well.

I bet I'll be worse than Hitler or something.

Well in one way. Despising the government does have the perk of veering me fairly far from his more extreme trait, though.

That said, no matter where my dot lies, at the end of the day the vast majority of political arguments end in both sides strawmanning and plugging their ears, so I can't say I really identify with any side, just who I identify somewhat less with by nature of my nurture.

Which in an enlightened era is pretty much everyone. :/

*EDIT* Well judging by their assessments of American politics, I think it's safe to say my assumption that they have a Left-wing bias is correct. Hilariously, according to their charts every major government seems to be making a Right-wing (and disturbingly, Authoritarian) shift, leaving the writers of the site commenting at how there aren't any real Left-wing candidates in the U.S. anymore in a way that gives me the mental image of a hissing cat, and expressing mild dismay over the Right-shift in other countries.

It's actually kind of odd, seeing as the general public seems to have settled on much more of a Left-Libertarian opinion consensus. That's about it's polar opposite. Then again, it's not like anyone really cares all that much about who they vote in anyway other than to find new ways to bicker with each other.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the problem I have with Tokyo Mirage hashtag FE is that I have no clue who the target audience is meant to be.

If it's meant to be long time Fire Emblem fans then why are there only mostly Awakening characters?
If it's newcomers then why is Tiki a young girl again?
If SMT fans then where's the philosophical themes?

In the end it seems like one of those crossover fan fics that mutated into it's own thing but it's still advertising itself as a crossover.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I took the test:

I seem to be in the same boat as most of the other people who have taken the test... most being the key word :p
Yeah, yeah. Leave it to me to be the one orange in the basket of apples.

I think you deserve some kind of prize for landing the closest to the bullseye in the middle out of everyone, though. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm afraid to say that's a no Anna. I've heard of some project trying to get the translations cleaned up,but I haven't looked into it yet.
Q.Q This means I need to wait for Vento Aurum to get their own anime. That sucks
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

So kamen rider is "now" a pokemon

probably fake, but this kind of looks cool
Doesn't fit Sugimori's style, this is YW me thinks, not to mention we already have a Kamen Rider inspired pokemon

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Come to think of it, I find it interesting to note that despite my having a markedly different political longitude from the rest of the thread, my political latitude is overall in the exact same range.

All the while Hitler and Stalin are similarly far apart from each other in longitude while being even closer in latitude, and being even further from all of us vertically than I am from you guys horizontally. . .

. . .I guess we all passed the "We are not dictators" test? :awesome:

And Conservatives can't tell the difference between Nazis and Communists anyways, so I guess this makes us all the same thing, too. :p

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

What a special snowflake I am being in the bottom left quadrant. :p

http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata...-build-up-character-on-3ds-show-off-on-wii-u/

Basically Nintendo asked Sakurai to make a 3DS game which was Uprising. The other title was Smash, but Iwata didn't know if it was too soon to ask Sakurai for another one. As soon as they announced Wii U's development, Sakurai knew Nintendo would have to make a Smash game for the console, then Iwata was planning on asking him if he wanted to make the game for one platform. Sakurai says he had to make both games.
I'm still torn between whether I'd have preferred Sakurai making a Starfox game for 3DS that functioned like Uprising, or Uprising itself.

I guess in the end I'm happy Sakurai chose Uprising for the reason of giving the IP renewed attention... but I'd also have loved a SF that played like Uprising.

I'm personally excited for Star Fox Zero.

I was admittedly a bit apprehensive but then I saw the brand new levels.

All of my want.

The speed level is my favorite.
I'm still genuinely curious to know where unanimous positivity exists in regards to SFZ. Simply because I haven't seen any seen since prior to it being revealed.

As far as gaming goes, I'm subscribed to Shokio, RogersBase, Kinda Funny, and Liam Robertson, though I don't watch every piece of their content. I'll watch a Gamexplain discussion, Zero Punctuation episode or BitBlock video from time to time if the topic interests me, but I'm not subscribed.

So mostly people that get a lot of hate here lol.

In general I subscribe to people if I think their opinions are worth hearing, not simply if I should happen to agree with them. So if you looked at all my subscriptions there'd be decent range, therefore chances are you probably wouldn't get a great idea of my "affiliations". Though clearly I have few reservations on telling people what they are anyway haha.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well this is definitely interesting:

And as par for the course, bottom left wins. :p

I'm not TOO lonely, though. At least not like that upper-left corner guy. :troll:

Come to think of it, this may explain why I loved Christmas so much as a kid. :troll: :troll: :troll:

Although whenever The Nutcracker comes on TV I just change the channel. :awesome:

*EDIT* Started skimming the Wikipedia page for Tchaikovsky, and apparently there's a general consensus among historians that he was gay? Huh. I never heard about that before. That's actually pretty interesting. Cue the "The More You Know" star.

*the more you knooooowww*

Go ahead and read it if you like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyotr_Ilyich_Tchaikovsky

*EDIT EDIT* Apparently he nicknamed his nephew/lover "Bob."

Considering the guy's actual name was Vladimir, it's kind of interesting in itself. I almost want to say "cute," but then there's the "how closely related is too close" question here. . .

*EDIT EDIT EDIT* And Tchaikovsky had a brother who's name was literally Modest. Who helped a kid who was deaf and mute to talk, read and write. And Modest translated some stuff Shakespear wrote into Russian!

I am learning so much cool stuff today! :D

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Untitled.png

Seems about right.

Not really. If I watch their videos a fair amount then I usually subscribe just to show some support. If their latest video doesn't interest me then I just skip it.

News: ReviewTechUSA, Pat the NES Punk, AlphaOmegaSin,
Reviews: SomecallmeJohnny, Lord Karnage,
Content: Screwattack, Dorkly, DidYouKnowGaming?, Cinemassacre, Shofu, Game Sack, Gaming Historian, Hardcore Gaming, Maximilian Dood,
LPs: ClementJ64, YoVideogames,
Other: JTWittz, TamashiiHiroka

The other category are videos I generally skip just because something about their videos just rubs me the wrong way. I've never watched a Pewdiepie video and from what I've heard, I'm glad I haven't.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Q.Q This means I need to wait for Vento Aurum to get their own anime. That sucks
Actually, there is a retranslation project in the works, but so far it's only about halfway through Part 5. Search for Jojo's Colored Adventure Team to find it. It's a much much better translation than the previous guys who did it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well this is definitely interesting:

So... my alignment is closest to Schönberg, a French producer and musical theatre composer. Nice.

I subscribe to any channel I watch regularly. I don't participate in YouTube comment wars so I don't care if someone chooses to judge me based on that.

Though Extra Credits and GameXplain are the only game related channels I follow.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 103424

Seems about right.

Not really. If I watch their videos a fair amount then I usually subscribe just to show some support. If their latest video doesn't interest me then I just skip it.

News: ReviewTechUSA, Pat the NES Punk, AlphaOmegaSin,
Reviews: SomecallmeJohnny, Lord Karnage,
Content: Screwattack, Dorkly, DidYouKnowGaming?, Cinemassacre, Shofu, Game Sack, Gaming Historian, Hardcore Gaming, Maximilian Dood,
LPs: ClementJ64, YoVideogames,
Other: JTWittz, TamashiiHiroka

The other category are videos I generally skip just because something about their videos just rubs me the wrong way. I've never watched a Pewdiepie video and from what I've heard, I'm glad I haven't.
I know how incredibly rude this is...But what do you genuinely like about Tamashii? She's one of those things I don't understand what people like about it, as I find her videos to be poorly made. It's best if a fan told me what they like about her, so I'd understand it a bit

D

Deleted member

I did the thing
chart.png

Yeah, a bunch of questions really needed a middle-ground option
I think it's accurate though, as I don't identify with neither sides
I guess I'm a little liberal too lol

Anyways, I finished Case 3 in AA
Who writes the dialogue in this game? It's perfect
"Huh, he likes it? Nick, that doesn't make any sense at all! Why would someone like being treated like a dirt?"
"No, no no no no! You're right Maya, it doesn't make any sense at all!"

"OBJECTION!"
"Yes, Mr. Edgeworth?"
"I expected to think of something to object while I was objecting... I didn't"

Can't believe Edgelord helped me though

"Hey game, I liked how you didn't give away to me whobthe murderer was in this case; you should do that again"
Game: "What? You want to know that Miles Edgeworth is the murderer in Case 4?"
"No, that's not it..."
"Alrighty then, I won't tell you"

Well, Case 4 is interesting though
Edgeworth wasn't kidding when Von Karma is as ruthless as he is... times twenty
I can't even ****ing ask questions to the witness and got penalized for trying to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom