• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
If Smash NX is nothing but a port of the Wii U version with no new features at all, that's going to be disappointing.

It's gonna have its own 3D Mario and Mario Kart; porting MK8 and 3D World is pointless. Splatoon is most likely getting a new game instead of a port given how successful it is, and I'm not really sure about Super Mario Maker.

Although they could also announce the future handheld alongside the console NX and just say "it comes out in early 2017!"
Well, we already know that a 3D Mario has been in development since 2014, so it's likely that we'll see a new mainstream Mario game this E3.

I personally think games that have had waves of new content and have just recently been released on Wii U are prime candidates. Games such as:
- Pokken Tournament
- Super Smash Bros.
- Super Mario Maker
- Splatoon

These games have either just recently came out, or rapped up development with DLC. Pokken Tournament being the most recent of them all.

That's why these ports seem likely, as it's way too soon to make sequels to these games (especially Pokken.) So this is probably why Nintendo is going the port route with these games.

This might also the reason why Pokken isn't probably not getting DLC anytime soon, they could focus all their resources on the NX port and put extra content in there that way.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now here's the real question.
In the hypothetical situation that the NX drops this holiday season....
If you could choose 10 new titles to be launch window for NX, what's your dream?
1: 3D Hub & Missions Mario title like 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1. Weither it's "Galaxy 3" or a treated new title altogether.
2: Donkey Kong Country Returns: Croccageddon
3: Wario Land - Midas Mitt
4: Metroid NeXus, a 2.5D actual metroidvania title.
5: F-Zero Neo Xth gear
6: Golden Sun: Noctum Xenia
7: Gotcha Force 2
8: Megaman Legends 3
9: Rayman Myths (threequel to Origins & Legends)
10: Sonic 25th Anniversary Title
1. Metroid Prime 4
2. New F-Zero
3. New Xenoblade (X-2 or otherwise)
That's actually pretty much all I'd ask for...other than ports such as the FF titles and Mass Effect Andromeda...and barring pipedreams such as an Evolve style asymmetrical multiplayer metroid spin-off...

A new 2D Metroid game would be nice as well but I'd actually like that to be made for the handhelds...similarly to how ALBW took the top-down Zelda games to handhelds...while the traditional 3D Zeldas remain on home consoles barring remakes...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I personally think games that have had waves of new content and have just recently been released on Wii U are prime candidates.
No. This is scummy. What benefit would the customer get from it? It isn't Nintendo's style to do this. Before someone argues "It'll be like Game of the year editions!" Last time I checked, games that do that are released on the same system the old one is. Smash for example has more than 100 bucks worth of DLC iirc. Making a port with all the DLC about a year after the last DLC updates WILL cause lots of controversy. Fans will be pissed in how they could have saved money by simply waiting, as the base game can at the very least be sold, the DLC can't
That would imply it warranted a sequel

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the funniest part about tokyo mirage is that its aparantly a really good game that nobody likes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
the funniest part about tokyo mirage is that its aparantly a really good game that nobody likes
The BIGGEST problem with the game's announcement. It was taken as an actual FE X SMT crossover game, and fans of both were expecting great things. But everything changed whrn the anime nation attacked... SMT and FE are known for mature subjects, and we get animoo idols and doggie costumes

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
All I want is F-Zero finally in HD and Mario Strikers.

Just that and port Smash 4 and NX is perfect for me. There's also the 3rd party supports well.

I need my 2K addiction fed

Ivander

Smash Legend
If you could choose 10 new titles to be launch window for NX, what's your dream?
10: Kirby Air Ride 2
9: Jet Set Radio 3
8: Nintendo or Sega VS. Capcom
7: Dissidia Final Fantasy
6: Custom Robo NX
5: Xenoblade Chronicles X2
4: A new 2D/2.5D Kid Icarus game.
3: Fire Emblem Warriors
2: Shining Force 3 Remake.
1: A new 3D Mario in the same vein of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
ALSO YOU CAN OWN DUCKS BUT I CAN'T YET AND THIS MAKES ME MAD. I NEED TO HAVE AN ENTIRE FARM FILLED WITH DUCKS.
Merasmus can help with that.

1: 3D Hub & Missions Mario title like 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1. Weither it's "Galaxy 3" or a treated new title altogether.
2: Donkey Kong Country Returns: Croccageddon
3: Wario Land - Midas Mitt
4: Metroid NeXus, a 2.5D actual metroidvania title.
5: F-Zero Neo Xth gear
6: Golden Sun: Noctum Xenia
7: Gotcha Force 2
8: Megaman Legends 3
9: Rayman Myths (threequel to Origins & Legends)
10: Sonic 25th Anniversary Title
1. Metroid Prime 4
2. Xenoblade 3
3. F-Zero NX
4. Devil May Cry 5
5. Bayonetta 3
6. Kid Icarus Uprising 2
7. Wario World 2
8. Wonderful 102
9. Nintendo vs Capcom
10. Fire Emblem Warriors

D

Deleted member

I just found the first filler of Jojo...It was entertaining, but it had NOTHING to do with anything and an important arc is RIGHT AFTER IT. It's so... Bizarre...
Wha.......which filler are you talking about?

As far as im concerned, every single episode of the Anime is an almost 100% faithfull adaptation of the Manga. The only differences are some extra/deleted scenes here and there but nothing major.

Are you talking about an entire episode or some extra scene?

Soul.

Well, we already know that a 3D Mario has been in development since 2014, so it's likely that we'll see a new mainstream Mario game this E3.

I personally think games that have had waves of new content and have just recently been released on Wii U are prime candidates. Games such as:
- Pokken Tournament
- Super Smash Bros.
- Super Mario Maker
- Splatoon

These games have either just recently came out, or rapped up development with DLC. Pokken Tournament being the most recent of them all.

That's why these ports seem likely, as it's way too soon to make sequels to these games (especially Pokken.) So this is probably why Nintendo is going the port route with these games.

This might also the reason why Pokken isn't probably not getting DLC anytime soon, they could focus all their resources on the NX port and put extra content in there that way.
Releasing the same games for a different platform isn't going to make people buy them again if they already have these on Wii U, which is the entire install base. Unchanged ports sell less than the original product—the console NX would be hindered by low software sales at launch; Nintendo doesn't want this.

If they do port, it should be only a few games. A launch lineup full of ports from Wii U is just gonna be disappointing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wha.......which filler are you talking about?

As far as im concerned, every single episode of the Anime is an almost 100% faithfull adaptation of the Manga. The only differences are some extra/deleted scenes here and there but nothing major.

Are you talking about an entire episode or some extra scene?
DIU manga. It's ACTUAL ****ing filler. Though it's got some of the most 'wtf-worthy' scenes in Jojo so far

D

Deleted member

DIU manga. It's ACTUAL ****ing filler. Though it's got some of the most 'wtf-worthy' scenes in Jojo so far
The Diamond is Unbreakable manga is filler? Or is it just an arc of it? More importantly, why are you reading it now that the anime has begun
Speaking of which, everyvsecond of the anime makes me like Josuke even more
Also
You can see the moment his heart breaks in half
FB_IMG_1460238348751.jpg
FB_IMG_1460238356275.jpg
FB_IMG_1460238360159.jpg

The only thing that can bring someone back is the power of fan demand

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The Diamond is Unbreakable manga is filler? Or is it just an arc of it? More importantly, why are you reading it now that the anime has begun
Also
View attachment 103367 View attachment 103368 View attachment 103369
The funniest thing about this situation is that Jotaro himself brought Joseph back to life by injecting blood in him while he was stabbed in the throat and bloodless for way more time than Josuke Grandfather was dead.
And no the manga is not filler. It's just that part 4 is a "slice of life" styled manga and there is some of chapters with little link to the main story. They're still awesome chapters thought. Easily my favorite part with part 7.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Also
View attachment 103367 View attachment 103368 View attachment 103369
It's gonna be in the anime too, it's got that chef guy from the opening
Wait till you see WHY Josuke flips his **** if someone smacktalks his hair
I'm NOT reading it! Jojo manga isn't meant to be read. You need to WRYYYD it! And I do so to have a comparison's sake. That, And I want to see what Part 5 has to offer. @Yusnaan you have a good Part 5 translation somewhere?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Great, why do I keep ending up in the Jojo thread?

Have we discussed the rumours of Gender choice in Zelda WiiU?

D

Deleted member

OH MY ****ING GOD
I FINALLY beat Chapter 20 on Hard, I'm finally out of Mr. Fuga's Wild Ride
And all thanks to stupid AI, a bunch of flying units refused to attack Corrin when they would all have killef him and if a Kinshi Knight had attacked Xander, he would be dead
Also, I made Corrin a Grandmaster, my goodness, how I missed you Ignis
It's gonna be in the anime too, it's got that chef guy from the opening
Wait till you see WHY Josuke flips his **** if someone smacktalks his hair
I'm NOT reading it! Jojo manga isn't meant to be read. You need to WRYYYD it! And I do so to have a comparison's sake. That, And I want to see what Part 5 has to offer. @Yusnaan you have a good Part 5 translation somewhere?
What chef guy?
And isn't the reason obvious? I wouldn't let anyone talk **** about my hair

Yes, we have, and it's better we don't go back to it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

The fact you specifically said great is also a Jojo thing
OH MY ****ING GOD
I FINALLY beat Chapter 20 on Hard, I'm finally out of Mr. Fuga's Wild Ride
And all thanks to stupid AI, a bunch of flying units refused to attack Corrin when they would all have killef him and if a Kinshi Knight had attacked Xander, he would be dead
Also, I made Corrin a Grandmaster, my goodness, how I missed you Ignis

What chef guy?
And isn't the reason obvious? I wouldn't let anyone talk **** about my hair

Yes, we have, and it's better we don't go back to it
Watch the opening
You see it when he goes REAL ****ing ballistic. You thought you saw his worst? What the anime showed so far could be compared to stroking a puppy's head after you see how Josuke ****s some nerd up

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because Jojo is Better than sex, sleeping and anything else in life.

In other words,Jojo is the greatest thing that humanity has ever achieved in their existence and it's the only reason we still deserve to live.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Because Jojo is Better than sex, sleeping and anything else in life.

In other words,Jojo is the greatest thing that humanity has ever achieved in their existence and it's the only reason we still deserve to live.
Technically, it was achieved by a vampire and becoming one means that you reject your humanity, so we didn't accomplished it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Since the leaks never talk about the NON-port possibilities (aside from the borderline example of Zelda NX, which is still a port concept but is a Twilight Princess situation), I've been thinking about what Nintendo might try to do in terms of new games.

>The Mario 3D game mentioned earlier is practically a lock. I remember this being discussed by Nintendo in the past, so whatever it is, it's likely to be an NX launch title.

>Kirby has done nothing but spinoffs for the entire Wii U. The series did that for the Wii, too, and then dropped a game at the last second before the switch to the Wii U. Since the schedule is going to be modified a bit, it's possible that a game in the works that would have ended up on late Wii U under better circumstances was moved to the NX.

>Come to think of it, Animal Crossing skipped the Wii U in favor of a rain of spinoffs as well. It was on the Gamecube and Wii, so they could have had something in mind and put it off. . .

. . .You know what? Once it was obvious that the Wii U was going to bomb, I think EVERYTHING was put on the backburner and saved for the NX. Nintendo knew nothing was going to save it, so they stuck a bunch of the typical repeats up there, threw a couple of things on there to see what stuck (squid tentacles have the suction for it), and just saved everything so that their next launch could actually stand a chance. Smash 4 was initially discussed as being 3DS only, even. The Wii U was seen as a flop right off the bat and the impression never wore off, so I could easily see Nintendo just stockpiling all the good things they might have had in mind for that generation so that they wouldn't have such a disastrous launch again.

. . .Or they could just have no foresight and have not had any plans for the NX at all. We've got two months until we find out, at any rate.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I watched a YouTube video showing it's possible to transfer Pokémon from Gen I & II cartridges to Generation III cartridges & up.

It's just not easy and requires a TON of materials:
  • Flash carts
  • Save back-up devices for the game cartridges
  • Emulators & ROMs
  • Converter program software for PC
  • Some Pokémon altering maybe be required to make sure Pokémon Bank doesn't pull out any red flags
As you can tell, it asks for pirating, having some knowledge, and spending money on discontinued GB/GBC/GBA devices

Funny enough, he suggests in his video the idea of Nintendo releasing the original Pokémon games being on the Nintendo eShop with Pokémon Bank support (this YouTube video was released almost exactly one year before Nintendo announced such thing to actually happen).

It's amazing how far people will go to get things to happen in games.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So I watched a YouTube video showing it's possible to transfer Pokémon from Gen I & II cartridges to Generation III cartridges & up.

It's just not easy and requires a TON of materials:
  • Flash carts
  • Save back-up devices for the game cartridges
  • Emulators & ROMs
  • Converter program software for PC
  • Some Pokémon altering maybe be required to make sure Pokémon Bank doesn't pull out any red flags
As you can tell, it asks for pirating, having some knowledge, and spending money on discontinued GB/GBC/GBA devices

Funny enough, he suggests in his video the idea of Nintendo releasing the original Pokémon games being on the Nintendo eShop with Pokémon Bank support (this YouTube video was released almost exactly one year before Nintendo announced such thing to actually happen).

It's amazing how far people will go to get things to happen in games.
Have a link to the video at all?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Off topic thought:

Do you know what one of my dream NvC matchups is?

Hayato vs Takamaru.

This has like a .1% chance of happening but it'd be cool af.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
D

Deleted member

Off topic thought:

Do you know what one of my dream NvC matchups is?

Hayato vs Takamaru.

This has like a .1% chance of happening but it'd be cool af.
I always thought that an Onimusha character such as Samanosuke (not happening) or Soki (slight chance) would be a better fit for Takamaru.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Yeah, that's fair.

I picked Hayato because Japanese robot Jedi vs ancient Japanese swordsman. Plus people actually know who he is (sort of, he's in Marvel 2 at the very least).

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Since the leaks never talk about the NON-port possibilities (aside from the borderline example of Zelda NX, which is still a port concept but is a Twilight Princess situation), I've been thinking about what Nintendo might try to do in terms of new games.

>The Mario 3D game mentioned earlier is practically a lock. I remember this being discussed by Nintendo in the past, so whatever it is, it's likely to be an NX launch title.

>Kirby has done nothing but spinoffs for the entire Wii U. The series did that for the Wii, too, and then dropped a game at the last second before the switch to the Wii U. Since the schedule is going to be modified a bit, it's possible that a game in the works that would have ended up on late Wii U under better circumstances was moved to the NX.

>Come to think of it, Animal Crossing skipped the Wii U in favor of a rain of spinoffs as well. It was on the Gamecube and Wii, so they could have had something in mind and put it off. . .

. . .You know what? Once it was obvious that the Wii U was going to bomb, I think EVERYTHING was put on the backburner and saved for the NX. Nintendo knew nothing was going to save it, so they stuck a bunch of the typical repeats up there, threw a couple of things on there to see what stuck (squid tentacles have the suction for it), and just saved everything so that their next launch could actually stand a chance. Smash 4 was initially discussed as being 3DS only, even. The Wii U was seen as a flop right off the bat and the impression never wore off, so I could easily see Nintendo just stockpiling all the good things they might have had in mind for that generation so that they wouldn't have such a disastrous launch again.

. . .Or they could just have no foresight and have not had any plans for the NX at all. We've got two months until we find out, at any rate.
In other words the Wii U's failure was basically a self-fulfilling prophecy...because one of the biggest reasons it bombed was because it has a limited library...

Every time I go to GameStop it just looks so pathetic how small the display is compared to the PS4 and Xbone...

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'm going to miss the Wii U being the current Nintendo home console.
And even though it feels like a lot longer than 3 years, it's been some of the best years to own it.
Had the thing since launch and have never regretted owning it since despite it's supposed lack of games.
Also if Smash gets an NX port, I only really wan 1/2 things.:icsmelee:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think toys-to-life might be beginning to peter out. I found (and bought) Animal Crossing amiibo party, complete with Isabelle, Digby and the card pack for £15. The game itself has a value of negative £5 - £10. Ouch.

And we never got the Daisy and Waluigi amiibos.

Waa.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yo.
People better versed in Hyrule Warriors stuff than I.
For the Hard Mode Gold Skellies in Legend mode; if it says to use a specific weapon; will a tier 2 version of it still trigger? IE: Link's White Sword instead of Knight Sword because they're both in the category "Hylian Sword"

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I haven' been addicted to a game as much as I am addicted to Stardew Valley in . . . I don't know really. Maybe it's just because this is my first farming style game but damn this is some good stuff. Also I own 2 chickens so that's nice.

ALSO YOU CAN OWN DUCKS BUT I CAN'T YET AND THIS MAKES ME MAD. I NEED TO HAVE AN ENTIRE FARM FILLED WITH DUCKS.

*Fry meme goes here*

Not sure if subtle announcement of moderating retirement (At least from NZ) or if you're retiring the swamp joke.

Both are sad concepts :(
Ducks you say?

Quack, Quack.

I think toys-to-life might be beginning to peter out. I found (and bought) Animal Crossing amiibo party, complete with Isabelle, Digby and the card pack for £15. The game itself has a value of negative £5 - £10. Ouch.

And we never got the Daisy and Waluigi amiibos.

Waa.
The WWE banner will go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom