• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Not shocked at all that NX will have many Wii U ports.

Because of how small the Wii U userbase was... the NX launch will look like the greatest lineup of all time

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pretty much all the rumours spreading involve, pretty much only ports is because its a much safer bet to predict these games will come to the console because it makes sense from a marketing standpoint...you don't see too many rumours for new titles because 1)we know next to nothing about the console 2)we don't know what plans are being made for existing franchises regarding the NX and 3)what new IPs will be introduced upon the NX's launch...

Unless the rumour is in fact 100% legit it is unlikely we'll see anything regarding anything other than ports...because there's still too much we don't know...

Edit: there's also the fact that the sources (assuming some of the rumours are true) are likely only going to give out information regarding ports simply because they are a given and they want to keep information regarding new games to themselves...

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Im really excited for E3 this year. I have a feeling we're gonna get blown back and see the Smash Intro "Slash" then we all collectively lose our ****.

New content for Smash NX.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What's all this nonsense about a female Link I've been reading about in these last few pages?

Don't be ridiculous, next thing you know, they'll change to a cartoony art style, make Link right handed, turn it into a 2D platformer/RPG hybrid, and not even include Zelda in the game. Come on, that's just blasphemous.
Heavy on the sarcasm.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Im really excited for E3 this year. I have a feeling we're gonna get blown back and see the Smash Intro "Slash" then we all collectively lose our ****.

New content for Smash NX.
and then we will all lose our heads truely it would be the new age of smash hype

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo of America is hiring, for a job relating to localisation, if anyone is interested:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also this is gonna bother me for a while.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Huh.
She says there are for Wii U games that are getting ports to the NX. Yet... she listed her own "deserving" Wii U titles before hand.

Kind of odd.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Huh.
She says there are for Wii U games that are getting ports to the NX. Yet... she lists her own "deserving" Wii U titles.

Kind of odd.
Where the **** is Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Huh.
She says there are for Wii U games that are getting ports to the NX. Yet... she lists her own "deserving" Wii U titles.

Kind of odd.
I call bull****. First, this person was in on the 'Gaiz I haz legit info look 4wrd 2 it on friday' **** that was about Splatoon, second, Tama backed her a while ago, the last time he got something right, he then said stuff about it which turned out to be bull****. Third, this list has games which are 'influental' yet Bayonetta 2 is on there, fourth, why would Splatoon need a port? Fifth, when has Emily gotten ANYTHING right?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I call bull****. First, this person was in on the 'Gaiz I haz legit info look 4wrd 2 it on friday' **** that was about Splatoon, second, Tama backed her a while ago, the last time he got something right, he then said stuff about it which turned out to be bull****. Third, this list has games which are 'influental' yet Bayonetta 2 is on there, fourth, why would Splatoon need a port? Fifth, when has Emily gotten ANYTHING right?
This has nothing to do with the port rumor at all. I just thought it was suspicious that she listed exactly Four titles before this rumor came about. All this is is just poor speculation on my part. She hasn't even said anything on what those 4 titles are yet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would pikmin 3 need a port when pikmin 4 is apparently being made

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Huh.
She says there are for Wii U games that are getting ports to the NX. Yet... she listed her own "deserving" Wii U titles before hand.

Kind of odd.
Well there's no denying that Splatoon and Mario Maker are amongst the most impactful. But... Pikmin 3 and especially Bayonetta 2 really aren't. That said that list seems biased so I see no point in taking it too seriously.

:094:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sakurai on: Balancing Smash.

A collection of quotes of Sakurai discussing how he designs/ balances Smash. Done by Soma and myself.

Already decided the next couple of projects...keep an eye out for announcements.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The "My" in the title refers to me specifically. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pretty much all the rumours spreading involve, pretty much only ports is because its a much safer bet to predict these games will come to the console because it makes sense from a marketing standpoint...you don't see too many rumours for new titles because 1)we know next to nothing about the console 2)we don't know what plans are being made for existing franchises regarding the NX and 3)what new IPs will be introduced upon the NX's launch...

Unless the rumour is in fact 100% legit it is unlikely we'll see anything regarding anything other than ports...because there's still too much we don't know...

Edit: there's also the fact that the sources (assuming some of the rumours are true) are likely only going to give out information regarding ports simply because they are a given and they want to keep information regarding new games to themselves...
Hmm. That's an interesting point.

Considering "guilty until proven innocent" is the unfortunately somewhat warranted standard for this, it's much more likely that someone who only lists ports is lying as opposed to simply holding back information to be low key. It's possible that they will do the latter, but it makes their points much more questionable due to how safe they are.

I mean, they already snuck something past NDA in order to get attention, if they really have the info it'd be reassuring to see them actually mention something that wasn't ridiculously tame and disappointing. . .

I haven' been addicted to a game as much as I am addicted to Stardew Valley in . . . I don't know really. Maybe it's just because this is my first farming style game but damn this is some good stuff. Also I own 2 chickens so that's nice.

ALSO YOU CAN OWN DUCKS BUT I CAN'T YET AND THIS MAKES ME MAD. I NEED TO HAVE AN ENTIRE FARM FILLED WITH DUCKS.
The "My" in the title refers to me specifically. :p
*Fry meme goes here*

Not sure if subtle announcement of moderating retirement (At least from NZ) or if you're retiring the swamp joke.

Both are sad concepts :(

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Now here's the real question.
In the hypothetical situation that the NX drops this holiday season....
If you could choose 10 new titles to be launch window for NX, what's your dream?
1: 3D Hub & Missions Mario title like 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1. Weither it's "Galaxy 3" or a treated new title altogether.
2: Donkey Kong Country Returns: Croccageddon
3: Wario Land - Midas Mitt
4: Metroid NeXus, a 2.5D actual metroidvania title.
5: F-Zero Neo Xth gear
6: Golden Sun: Noctum Xenia
7: Gotcha Force 2
8: Megaman Legends 3
9: Rayman Myths (threequel to Origins & Legends)
10: Sonic 25th Anniversary Title

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
And I just discovered that Gyarados can truly show his monster strength with a lot of luck and the right moveset.

If you could choose 10 new titles to be launch window for NX, what's your dream?
1: 3D Hub & Missions Mario title like 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1. Weither it's "Galaxy 3" or a treated new title altogether.
1: An actually new 2D Mario
2: Non-Prime Metroid game
3: 3D Kirby
4: New DKCR with Kremlings
5: New F-Zero

... Actually that's my entire dream launch right there. Not much else I could want.

:130:

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
1: luigis mansion 3
2: kirbys air ride 2
3: pokemon snap 2
4: custom robo: NeXt
5: gotcha force 2(i feel ya there)
6: Wonderful 102
7: bayonetta 3
8: Super mario Omniverse
9: Metroid Difusion
10: Wario&Waluigi Partners in crime

Burruni

Smash Hero
1: luigis mansion 3
2: kirbys air ride 2
3: pokemon snap 2
4: custom robo: NeXt
5: gotcha force 2(i feel ya there)
7: bayonetta 3
8: Super mario Omniverse
9: Metroid Difusion
10: Wario&Waluigi Partners in crime
The one other person in the universe who got to enjoy one of the best hidden gems of the GC.
My brother.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The moment I saw Zootopia I already knew their plan for a sequel

Rabbit and Fox fall in love. People get mad because a Rabbit and Fox "can't be together". Entire movie is a social commentary on interracial/homosexual marriage. Disney gets praised for being "progressive".
What I would find to be amusing is if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ended up in the world of Zootopia.

In fact, I had some humorous thoughts in regards to Bebop and Rocksteady being visitors to Zootopia; they'd turn over new leaves, and try to be good citizens, but some of the animals would give them headaches, such as the sloths and their very sluggish mobility. And maybe as a plot twist, Bebop and Rocksteady end up joining the police force, and get stuck with Rabbit and Fox as their partners.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
  1. A Return to Dream Land like Kirby.
  2. New Golden Sun
  3. New Donkey Kong
  4. New 3D Mario
  5. A proper WarioWare.
That's it, really.

:231:

Soul.

If Smash NX is nothing but a port of the Wii U version with no new features at all, that's going to be disappointing.

It's gonna have its own 3D Mario and Mario Kart; porting MK8 and 3D World is pointless. Splatoon is most likely getting a new game instead of a port given how successful it is, and I'm not really sure about Super Mario Maker.

Although they could also announce the future handheld alongside the console NX and just say "it comes out in early 2017!"

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Huh.

Kind of odd.
dont go looking to much into it bro.Its just her list of favorite wii u games.nothing more and nothing less

dream?
1. A 2D metroid.
2. A Prime style 3D metroid
3. Kid Icarus Uprising 2
4. Some kind of 3D mario. (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, or something new I don't care, as long as i'm collecting McGuffins through differnt worlds and it's not linear)
5. F Zero Xtreme
6. New smash game (you said dream)
7. Doneky Kong Country Returns 3
8. Wonderful 102
9. Xenoblade Chronicles. (X2 or 3. I don't care
10. Kingdom Hearts 3 (lol)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder if it would be easier to port Wii U games to the NX or making it backwards compatible.

The NX does have a different architecture than the Wii U, and this could mean no backwards compatibility like between the PS2 and PS3.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Aside from the ones you mentioned, i have some ideas.

1.Waluigi's Bizarre Adventures. (a fast-paced 3d action platforming game)
2.The Mysterious Murasame Castle: Forgotten Tale. (a Hack and Slash game featurning Takamaru)
3.A 3D Yoshi game.
4.Mach Rider: Unchained. (Another Hack and Slash, but this one features vehicle section with Mach Rider's bike)
5.Ice Climbers: the Cold world. (an Open-world adventure game featuring Popo and Nana where you collect vegetables in order to save your people from starving)
6.Startropics 3. (an action adventure game focused more on combat and platforming rather than Puzzle Solving)
7.Mega Man X9
8.Kirby: Darkness Unfolds (an up to 4 multiplater Kirby game with playable King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandanna Dee that also features Playable Helpers and has 2.5d camera angles like The Crystal Shards and a stacking system like in the cancelled Kirby Gamecube Game)
9.Fire Emblem Warriors.
10.Diddy Kong Racing 2.

Notes: I didn't include games from the Wario Land, Golden Sun, DKC or Metroid series since you already mentioned them. (and i didn't want to sound reduntant, unless i had a different idea with said franchise).

I also excluded ports of existing games like Kingdom Hearts 3 since i wanted to come up with new game ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
1: Sonic 25th Anniversary Game
2: New Rayman (2D or 3D, as long as it's on a console)
3: New Donkey Kong game by Retro
4: New grand 3D Mario, not necessiarly Galaxy 3, but something on that scale.
5: Kid Icarus Uprising sequel
7: Ice Climbers revival
8: 3D Yoshi game
9: Mushroom Kingdom Warriors
10: 3D Kirby

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
The one other person in the universe who got to enjoy one of the best hidden gems of the GC.
My brother.
still have my copy to this day(one day ill find my memory card with G-black and the galactic emperor glitched in to being playable)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Late on the whole female link rumour. :079:

But as I said before I find it find more progressive for Zelda or an original female character like Linkle that stands on their own terms to be playable rather than just go Link but female! She did say there would be a playable female character which could also mean Zelda, Linkle, Impa etc.

I guess this viewpoint of mine mainly comes from the terrible trainwreck that is Femthor, female ghostbusters and various other gender and race swapping. I just find swapping genders, race and sexuality of already established characters to be cheap and lazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom