• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly, I don't think we're going to get any newer big names titles 'till about a few months if not a year into the NX's life.

Being optimistic is nice and all, but this stuff does take time. And I'm certain not everyone is going to be master how to develop on the NX early into its life.

I said this a long while ago:
Personally this is how I see the launch line-up going down:

New Wii Sports like game to show off the new capabilities.
New Mario game to once again show off what can be done.
A few third party titles.
And a collection of "Nintendo Selects" editions for games like Smash 4, Hyrule Warriors, and Splatoon.
And I still stand by my statement. Business wise there's no reason to pull out all their cards now. It's just going to be them testing the waters and then slowly feeding the larger titles down the tube.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
. . .You know what? Once it was obvious that the Wii U was going to bomb, I think EVERYTHING was put on the backburner and saved for the NX. Nintendo knew nothing was going to save it, so they stuck a bunch of the typical repeats up there, threw a couple of things on there to see what stuck (squid tentacles have the suction for it), and just saved everything so that their next launch could actually stand a chance.
I agree. However
The Wii U was seen as a flop right off the bat and the impression never wore off, so I could easily see Nintendo just stockpiling all the good things they might have had in mind for that generation so that they wouldn't have such a disastrous launch again.
not with this part. At least not with Nintendo internally.

I think Nintendo probably realized after or around when Smash Wii U launched that the system wasn't going to be turning around. They had already fired 3/4 of their big guns (being Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash, with Zelda being the only one left) and it hadn't turned the system around. At that point they chose to cross-release Zelda and shift development of the other unannounced titles to the NX. That left the only remaining releases being ones promised beforehand, or ones that recycled assets and/or took comparatively few resources (hence the abundance of spin-offs).

Smash 4 was initially discussed as being 3DS only, even.
Hmm?

So I watched a YouTube video showing it's possible to transfer Pokémon from Gen I & II cartridges to Generation III cartridges & up.

It's just not easy and requires a TON of materials:
  • Flash carts
  • Save back-up devises for the game cartridges
  • Emulators & ROMs
  • Converter program software for PC
  • Some Pokémon altering maybe be required to make sure Pokémon Bank doesn't pull out any red flags
As you can tell, it asks for pirating, having some knowledge, and spending money on discontinued GB/GBC/GBA devices

Funny enough, he suggests in his video the idea of Nintendo releasing the original Pokémon games being on the Nintendo eShop with Pokémon Bank support (this YouTube video was released almost exactly one year before Nintendo announced such thing to actually happened).

It's amazing how far people will go to get things to happen in games.
Honestly at that point you might as well use PokeSAV, if that's still a thing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yo.
People better versed in Hyrule Warriors stuff than I.
For the Hard Mode Gold Skellies in Legend mode; if it says to use a specific weapon; will a tier 2 version of it still trigger? IE: Link's White Sword instead of Knight Sword because they're both in the category "Hylian Sword"
No, you have to use the exact weapon it specifies. If it says Knight Sword, White Sword won't count.

Additionally, do note that the Hard Mode Skulltulas are not simply for getting 1,000 KOs. Each mission has a unique requirement for the Hard Mode Skulltulas. To get a clue for each condition, on the Mission Briefing/Pause Menu screen, select "Warrior Info", and then "Check Skulltulas".

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I should probably start looking into the Skulltulas in HW...I pretty much always ignore them...

usually cuz I'm in the middle of massacring dozens of Bublins :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I have to be honest on Wii U Hyrule Warriors: I still haven't unlocked Zant and some alt weapons for some characters. Just struggling with that Adventure Mode.

But I'm focused on HW 3DS right now.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Great, why do I keep ending up in the Jojo thread?

Have we discussed the rumours of Gender choice in Zelda WiiU?
Unless you would want to talk about another ridiculous rumor pointing to a Tokyo Mirage Sessions sequel. But then again, it would be a dumb move for Atlus and Nintendo to invest into a sequel to a poor selling game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unless you would want to talk about another ridiculous rumor pointing to a Tokyo Mirage Sessions sequel. But then again, it would be a dumb move for Atlus and Nintendo to invest into a sequel to a poor selling game.
Never had I seen a game go for all the potential "bad ideas" a game could have at once. At least until Paper Mario: Color Splash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love Sr Pelo's videos.

Sure, they made my ears bleed, but they made me laugh so damn hard sometimes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Never had I seen a game go for all the potential "bad ideas" a game could have at once. At least until Paper Mario: Color Splash.
I take it you saw a certain infamous scene on the Internet, right?

The one with a certain song we all know from Brawl (Or the original Shadow Dragon commercial).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One thing I have to be honest on Wii U Hyrule Warriors: I still haven't unlocked Zant and some alt weapons for some characters. Just struggling with that Adventure Mode.

I'm actually in the same.position. Still haven't got Zant on the Wii U version.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Star Fox Zero is doing a pretty good job as well imo.
Star Fox Zero at least looks like it's good ideas done wrong. Color Splash is like that guy who has his music up too loud at work and when you ask him to turn it down he instead puts it up.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Zant was the lengthiest one to unlock. Next to Ghirahim.

I've unlocked all the characters in the Wii U version. But I haven't really started much on the pallete swaps, I'll probably wait until all the new characters get released before I get on with that since apparently the new adventure maps won't be coming to the Wii U version.

I'm currently working on getting everyone in the 3DS version though.

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

Zant is so worth the unlock imo. so fun and all his moves really fit his character. probably the only character in the game were you gotta manage the meter too.
It's gonna be in the anime too, it's got that chef guy from the opening
Wait till you see WHY Josuke flips his **** if someone smacktalks his hair
I'm NOT reading it! Jojo manga isn't meant to be read. You need to WRYYYD it! And I do so to have a comparison's sake. That, And I want to see what Part 5 has to offer. Volga Volga you have a good Part 5 translation somewhere?
I'm afraid to say that's a no Anna. I've heard of some project trying to get the translations cleaned up,but I haven't looked into it yet.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys are like the only people I've heard who aren't excited about Star Fox Zero.

I say bring it on!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thought today was going to be a good day.

Was excited I wasn't closing

Should have known better.

If I am not scheduled for closing, no one is.

So, I have to work another hour.

Closing shift is the most stressful and I always get it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I agree. However

not with this part. At least not with Nintendo internally.

I think Nintendo probably realized after or around when Smash Wii U launched that the system wasn't going to be turning around. They had already fired 3/4 of their big guns (being Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash, with Zelda being the only one left) and it hadn't turned the system around. At that point they chose to cross-release Zelda and shift development of the other unannounced titles to the NX. That left the only remaining releases being ones promised beforehand, or ones that recycled assets and/or took comparatively few resources (hence the abundance of spin-offs).

Hmm?

Honestly at that point you might as well use PokeSAV, if that's still a thing.
I don't know where to look for the darn interview, but I remember there was an interview passed around prior to the games releasing that mentioned that very early in Smash 4's development prior to anyone actually working on it, at one point it was suggested to make it only a 3DS title. Not very long after it was decided to put it on both systems, but it was brought up.

I personally feel like something was up the whole time, but I'll agree things definitely got a WHOLE lot worse once Smash wasn't even enough. From there the quantity of attempts at making major games pretty much went from "skimpy" to "shameful" within a relatively short amount of time.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't know where to look for the darn interview, but I remember there was an interview passed around prior to the games releasing that mentioned that very early in Smash 4's development prior to anyone actually working on it, at one point it was suggested to make it only a 3DS title. Not very long after it was decided to put it on both systems, but it was brought up.
Yeah I recall as well that Sakurai stated something along the lines of initially going 3DS only since he wanted to make a hand held Smash game for sometime but the right hardware wasn't quite there yet at the time. But still decided in the end on making a version for both the 3DS and Wii U respectively.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Star Fox Zero at least looks like it's good ideas done wrong. Color Splash is like that guy who has his music up too loud at work and when you ask him to turn it down he instead puts it up.
In some aspects I agree. In others I don't. For instance I think mandatory motion controls is a bad idea through and through with a game like Star Fox.

As for Colour Splash, there's a very good chance the game ends up being just as you say. Embracing the things people didn't like about SS. However it's also a bit early to cast judgment given we've seen all of one trailer. I'm not expecting the game will rectify itself, but I am going to wait to see more before casting any real aspersions. Though Nintendo sticking it in the middle of the Direct with fundamentally no fanfare gives little reassurance.

At that point you kinda have to ask... if you know people aren't going to respond positively to it, why make it like that in the first place?

You guys are like the only people I've heard who aren't excited about Star Fox Zero.

I say bring it on!
Really?

From what I've heard it's been like 20% bring it on!, 10% it looks terrible and 70% meh.

I'm interested to know where you've heard unanimous positivity.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I just saw one of the best jokes I seen in Awakening:
''Need anything Cynthia? Your "Trip" through time must have been hard on you." -Sumia

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I say bring it on!
^^this...

I might still pick up the game but I'm not really expecting much from it...but then again my only experience with Star Fox is from the watered Zelda Adventures, which from what I hear is not a good first impression...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"Let's make a sequel to game that not only has a massive vocal hatedom but flopped hard in the country where J-Pop appeals to them."

At least in Bayonetta's defense, Nintendo funded the production of a sequel. And before anyone brings up Xenoblade X's sales, Monolith is free to do whatever it wants because of being a Nintendo subsidiary.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well I'm waiting on Five Nights at Grippy's, where Grippy snaps, installs cameras in every room in his house and hides from terrifying versions of the Star Fox crew~

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Man you guys are making my decsion to buy Tokyo mirage so much easier if no one else buys it the value will only go up for a us copy i mean im getting it to play but the fact you guys are going to turn it into a game worth thousands can only soothe my soul
(its also why im picking up a physical copy of MN9)

also TMS is litterally the Steel ball run of fire emblem and now every single one of my fellow jojo fans cant unsee that (if you havent gotten to steel ball run yet youll understand much later)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just curious, how abysmal was #FE's reception? This has been the first time I've heard that name in a long while.

D

Deleted member

I planned to pick up SF Zero as my "last hurrah" or "Swan Song" to the Wii U since the NX is pretty much coming out this year.

Then i got the memo that Motion Controls are OBLIGATORY for this game..............

...not gonna lie, that sort of vanished some of my hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Nintendo first asked Sakurai to create a 3DS game
Iwata knew fans would like to see a Smash Bros. for 3DS, but wasn’t sure if it would be okay to ask Sakurai to make another Smash Bros. so soon
Kid Icarus ended up being Project Sora’s first game
– Wanted to build up experience with the 3DS through the first title
Sakurai knew that Nintendo would have to make Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS when Iwata first mentioned Wii U’s development
Iwata actually planned on asking Sakurai if he wanted to make the game for 3DS OR Wii U
There was appeal in making a portable Smash Bros. for Sakurai since a number of new things could be accomplished
http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata...-build-up-character-on-3ds-show-off-on-wii-u/

Basically Nintendo asked Sakurai to make a 3DS game which was Uprising. The other title was Smash, but Iwata didn't know if it was too soon to ask Sakurai for another one. As soon as they announced Wii U's development, Sakurai knew Nintendo would have to make a Smash game for the console, then Iwata was planning on asking him if he wanted to make the game for one platform. Sakurai says he had to make both games.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Let's make a sequel to game that not only has a massive vocal hatedom but flopped hard in the country where J-Pop appeals to them."

At least in Bayonetta's defense, Nintendo funded the production of a sequel. And before anyone brings up Xenoblade X's sales, Monolith is free to do whatever it wants because of being a Nintendo subsidiary.
Actually, I think a better defense for those two series would be reception.

Bayonetta and Xenoblade Chronicles are both basically cult hits with very dedicated fandoms despite their sales.

#FE. . .not so much.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, I'm kind of "Meh" on starfox

It's not like I wouldn't want it, it's just not in my budget ATM

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just curious, how abysmal was #FE's reception? This has been the first time I've heard that name in a long while.
The critical reception is good in Japan and it got a Dengeki 2015 Award.

Good fan reception? Not so much. Even those that played it agree that the gameplay is much better than the story or characters themselves (some citing are cookie cutter generic and the story being too cheesy lighthearted).

We'll know for sure once Metacritic and IGN get their hands on it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm personally excited for Star Fox Zero.

I was admittedly a bit apprehensive but then I saw the brand new levels.

All of my want.

The speed level is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom