• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know anything about Five Nights at Freddy's, but just yesterday, I came across some images of the characters that depict them in a more child-friendly manner, instead of the usual horror theme that I've witnessed a good amount of times.

D

Deleted member

Dunno if you guys care about this but:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The upcoming Smashified, codename "Memory", will feature ChuggaaConroy as a guest commentator in the video.

To be honest im not sure who's gonna be, mostly because it's stated in the hints that "This character has been good AND bad".

Also i see @Kenith in the comment secion of the tweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I am having the hardest time to stick to a certain community as lately,seems everything game related is such as messed up as lately,as the big 3 you can choose:

-Living up to a chain of delusions
-Having a bipolar disorder meltdown
-Witness the no-rails trainwreck full of damage controlling

As on the second half of the "2010's" decade most of the video game franchises/IPs you enjoyed playing 15 years ago, are either dead or on a paralised state,there is not much to discuss with cult follower groups,some blind believe their franchises still alive and kicking and will return to its former glory,others believe on stupid miracle-like rumours.

While the actual alive franchises walking to somewhere and getting plenty of games, people choose to criticise for "recycling too much" or "too gimmicky 4 me",of course there is the bad apples that ends spoiling the bunch,but taking "the hate just for hating" most of the post-modern game franchises to such new levels is cancerigenous and it seems to spread in such disgusting way just because "muh nostalgia".

If you can't point the flaws and still support something you like,who will?

Most of the stuff circles about opening social medias and babbling about pixelated 3D body parts,or how this game is "worthy" of its fanbase.

While people were fearing on the start of the decade the "Dewritos gaming",nowadays we live on the "Tweetting gaming" era.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
The upcoming Smashified, codename "Memory", will feature ChuggaaConroy as a guest commentator in the video.

To be honest im not sure who's gonna be, mostly because it's stated in the hints that "This character has been good AND bad".

Based on all the hints so far and that Chugga (ugh) is co-commentating, I'd bet on either Masked Man or Fiora, as those both fit all the hints and are also both from games he's LP'ed in the past after looking a list up.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know how incredibly rude this is...But what do you genuinely like about Tamashii? She's one of those things I don't understand what people like about it, as I find her videos to be poorly made. It's best if a fan told me what they like about her, so I'd understand it a bit
I'm not so much of a fan than I am someone who's enjoyed a few of her videos. I think she's worth a subscribe, at least as a fellow Pokemon fan, but I don't always watch everything she makes as she's very Shoujo.

JTWittz I kind of put into the same category, but more because I don't care for his overuse of his hand drawn gifs.

IDK I don't really like it when Youtube Gamers are directly looking into their cameras when trying to have a conversation with their audience. That's probably my biggest pet peeve along side voicing one's own Top 10 countdowns. I'm picky when it comes to voices as well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I'm calling Flying Man or bust.
It's Earthbound, and Flying Man is a character from Magicant AKA Ness' memory.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not so much of a fan than I am someone who's enjoyed a few of her videos. I think she's worth a subscribe, at least as a fellow Pokemon fan, but I don't always watch everything she makes as she's very Shoujo.

JTWittz I kind of put into the same category, but more because I don't care for his overuse of his hand drawn gifs.

IDK I don't really like it when Youtube Gamers are directly looking into their cameras when trying to have a conversation with their audience. That's probably my biggest pet peeve along side voicing one's own Top 10 countdowns. I'm picky when it comes to voices as well.
I disagree, calling Diggersby sexist and Pikaclones mascots is just wrong. Ah well, least I learned something

domokl

Smash Lord
Dang,it's been some time since I've been on smashboards. So many memories are being brought back right now.

D

Deleted member

Since we are going to hear news about the NX during this year's E3, i feel i need to ask this question.

Would you rather have a Press Conference like Sony and Microsoft, or would you rather stick with a Digital Event?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Since we are going to hear news about the NX during this year's E3, i feel i need to ask this question.

Would you rather have a Press Conference like Sony and Microsoft, or would you rather stick with a Digital Event?
Digital events are better, as they show off gameplay FAR more often than a press conference. That, and DEs are easier to see worldwide

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
idea have a press confrence day 1 of e3 showing off the system and then day 2 having a digital event that way you can showcase your system and then showcase all of the games coming to it at launch

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I disagree, calling Diggersby sexist and Pikaclones mascots is just wrong. Ah well, least I learned something
Considering I don't have a strong opinion either way, your response is kind of condescending...

If they're showing off a new console, I'd say a Press Conference. That said, I do think they can show off more as a whole with a Digital Event, and is probably the safer and more cost effective of the two.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Considering I don't have a strong opinion either way, your response is kind of condescending...

If they're showing off a new console, I'd say a Press Conference. That said, I do think they can show off more as a whole with a Digital Event, and is probably the safer and more cost effective of the two.
My apologies then, it wasn't my intention
Wait...

I think a little context is needed for this one.
Tamashii went on a 5 minute rant on Diggersby being a sexist towards men for being fat, saying it's because Lopunny is also a rabbit, and also considered sexist by Tamashii. It was on her 'Top 10 worst Kalos Pokemon'. It wasn't even a top 10, she and Brandontothepast just made top 5s and took turns going through their top 5s

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
ASH MY BOY:

IS IT TIME?! BEST SHIP CONFIRMED?!
It's really funny how bad this episode would look out of context.

To be fair, if I were in the condition he's in in that image, being in a relationship would be the LAST thing on my mind. :troll:
Just remember he gives Serena his clothes and has her fight someone guy that's looking to fight Ash with his Pikachu. Can the other females say that?

I'm guessing a xenoblade character.

Chugga is super into that series. He was one every Gamexplain discussion for X, and I think he even did the analysis to.

And great, my computer is having the same issues as just last week.... This was supposed to stay fixed, Kevin from India!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They would be absolutely foolish not to have a live conference, with a new console unveiling, especially if it's launching with Zelda.

They need hype levels like this again.

Yes, mix my favorite youtuber with a project for one of my favorite games that will involve art likely for a game I love (Mother 3 and Xenoblade are amazing games)

What could possibly go wrong?
For some reason.
I have a feeling the Smashified is gonna be Elma.
Because of spoilers for Xeno-X.
Elma was never "a bad guy"
"OBJECTION!"
"Yes, Mr. Edgeworth?"
"I expected to think of something to object while I was objecting... I didn't"
This is honestly one of my favorite moments in the whole series. Edgeworth is so cool for a reason
Well, Case 4 is interesting though
You have no idea how "interesting" it is :laugh:

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Ehhhh,even if its a new console.I doubt nintendo would ditch the digital event format.Its been working well for them so far.Why break it now.Maybe a mixture of the two.But if i had to choose a digital event

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really do think they should do a live conference for the unveil, as it would reach the most amount of people. Nintendo fans would still watch like they would the digital event, but this way the new console has a shot of being recognized by other potential customers.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, refresher on criteria:

I'm going to say Masked Man because

OK, my memory is REALLY fuzzy, but the only time I remember Fiora going against you was. . .where was it again? Galahad Fortress? Because IIRC she was getting forcibly overridden and used as a mindless drone onscreen due to not being compliant. And by "she" I mean Meyneth, who quite frankly by Fiora's own assurance to Shulk right after that whole mess wasn't bad at all. And what with Meyneth practically going "can't we just talk this out?" at Prison Island and getting subconsciously influenced by Fiora's crush on Shulk from then on, to say nothing of her motives, no, Meyneth is not a bad guy.

Also aren't those boots more or less part of Fiora's body at that point? They're not even really boots.

Of course, I could be COMPLETELY wrong and it could turn out to be Fiora after all, but as someone who doesn't really know about Chuggaaconroy's schedule Masked Man seems like a better fit overall.

*EDIT* And yes,
I know Masked Man isn't really of his own will either, brainwashed corpse by Porky and all. . .but from what I'm aware that went on a LOT longer.

*EDIT EDIT* YES I'M OVERTHINKING IT AGAIN

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This forum is filled with a bunch of anarchist communists

D

Deleted member

This forum is filled with a bunch of anarchist communists
Well, most of us are Nintendo fans, and Nintendo is now using the Red Logo again, and Communists are commonly associated with the Color Red so........
I blame Yoshi's Island:

Luig

Confused
I went back through the paper mario color splash trailer, and heard this:
"Aaaaaccccttttiiiiooonnn aadddvvveeentttuuurrreee ggeeennnnrrrre"

Rest in peace Paper Mario.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys, Smashified's obviously doing Robin. :p

D

Deleted member

Guys, Smashified's obviously doing Robin. :p
Nah, it's obviously Richter Belmont.
He wears boots and he was a villain in SOTN as a result of Shaft brainwashing him before becoming Good once again thanks to Alucard, which helped Ritcher to recover his "memory". :troll:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My apologies then, it wasn't my intention

Tamashii went on a 5 minute rant on Diggersby being a sexist towards men for being fat, saying it's because Lopunny is also a rabbit, and also considered sexist by Tamashii. It was on her 'Top 10 worst Kalos Pokemon'. It wasn't even a top 10, she and Brandontothepast just made top 5s and took turns going through their top 5s
Fair enough. I think I remember that video out of the few I've watched, pretty meh overall. Didn't seem worth my time getting upset about, though I will say she does bring gender into things a bit more than I'd like to see when talking about a series that doesn't have a specific age/gender group.

Shofu's been giving me all of my Pokemon fixes as of late, so it's been a few months since I've watched something from her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Fiora confirmed. :p

D

Deleted member

The only thing im sure of this E3 is that there will be a lot of funny, weird, akward and embarassing moments and nonsensical memes alongside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom