• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
For the sake of not being redundant, I'm gonna list 5 picks for both Nintendo and Capcom that AREN'T painfully obvious characters like :4mario::4link::4megaman: and :4ryu: and the works. Basically I'm gonna pick intentionally obscure-ish and not guaranteed ones.

Nintendo:
Shulk
Fiora
Ray (Custom Robo)
Little Mac
Villager/Isabelle

Capcom:
Megaman Volnutt
Harp Note
Monster Hunter
Amateursu
Arthur

Slightly unrelated, but I had an odd dream awhile back that Sonic and Harp Note were in MvC3. I remember seeing 'gameplay' of them and everything.

...Can you guys tell I really like Sonia/Misora and Starforce yet, I'm sure I'm about as subtle about it as ChikoLad ChikoLad is with Rosalina :V

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just know that if we got a Nintendo vs Capcom game way too many people would complain about the Nintendo side lacking a ton of major characters.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
btw, one of my friends says NvC would suck unless they do Smash gameplay as an option too, because he hates having to do
:GCD::GCDL::GCDR::GCCUR::GCCU::GCCU::GCCUL::GCCUR::GCLT::GCN::GCR::GCDpad::GCD::GCCUR::GCCUL::GCCR:hokey pokey:GCCL::GCCDL::GCCU::GCCU::GCCUR::GCDL::GCD:jump:GCLT::GCRT:ballet dancing:GCA:for a single move. There's overexaggerating, and there's my friend...
So NvC would become Virtua Fighter then?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I literally was the first one that expected Nintendo vs Capcom.

I deserve my bragging rights.

Also I already have my ":4littlemac: for NvC" Signature ready to go

D

Deleted member

Can't wait for NvC to not have character X from Smash and for people to get pissed
Like Greninja and Jigglypuff in Pokken

Imagine people mad about the smash roster being combined with people mad about missing CAPCOM characters. Of course people are going to be mad about the roster lol.

MyNintendo missions reset on mondays so time to do all the weekly missions again.
(also I don't know if this has been mentioned, but visiting the official nintendo website while logged in to MyNintendo will get you an extra 30 platinum points even though there is no mission that says so)

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
well ya see greninja had the biggest detracter a character can have
obvious seaquel bait

D

Deleted member

Imagine people mad about the smash roster being combined with people mad about missing CAPCOM characters. Of course people are going to be mad about the roster lol.

MyNintendo missions reset on mondays so time to do all the weekly missions again.
(also I don't know if this has been mentioned, but visiting the official nintendo website while logged in to MyNintendo will get you an extra 30 platinum points even though there is no mission that says so)
I'll probably never get anything worth from it seeing as games require Gold points which can only be obtained by digital purchases
And discounts are on the Nintendo online store only
But maybe there'll be a cool theme or something

Btw, the first episode in the AA anime goes up until which point in the game? I wanna watch it without getting spoiled about Episode 2

I'll probably never get anything worth from it seeing as games require Gold points which can only be obtained by digital purchases
And discounts are on the Nintendo online store only
But maybe there'll be a cool theme or something

Btw, the first episode in the AA anime goes up until which point in the game? I wanna watch it without getting spoiled about Episode 2
Well wariowae touched is platinum points so it's not JUST gold.

Also the first episode is the entire first case and that's it.

Last edited:
So some Trump supporters at my college decided today would be the day to advertise for the guy.

Their way of advertisement? Taking the college's anti-homophobia/anti-racism/anti-transphobia/etc. posters that are hung up in some places and taping them to random places with chalk writing insulting them.

Like . . .there are ways to rally for a political figure that DON'T make you look like a ****ing bigot you morons. -_-

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So some Trump supporters at my college decided today would be the day to advertise for the guy.

Their way of advertisement? Taking the college's anti-homophobia/anti-racism/anti-transphobia/etc. posters that are hung up in some places and taping them to random places with chalk writing insulting them.

Like . . .there are ways to rally for a political figure that DON'T make you look like a ****ing bigot you morons. -_-
Speaking of Trump:

Yeah. That happened.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That's weird.

Unless they really are making Episode 3 but this seems stupid
Even if they were making Episode 3, there'd be no reason to put in app purchases in a 6 year old mobile game... so yeah, it's really weird.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hey guys I know this sounds abrupt and stuff but i'm going on hiatus for a while. College and other personal things are an issue so i'll need to be away from SB for a month or so.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just find it silly they called it Sonic 4 when there's been a ton 2D Sonic platformers that play similar to the numbered games:

Sonic the Hedghog (Master System/Game Gear)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Master System/Game Gear)
Sonic the Hedgehog CD
Sonic Chaos
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
Sonic Blast
Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure

Then again, there's been tons of other game series who can't keep track of sequels numbers these days so whatever.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
I noticed a bit of an imbalance amongst the "elemental pool" in Hyrule Warriors.
Here's the total of weapons for HW with all of its weapons & characters (barring Ganon's Fury & Giant Cuccoo) and the additions we CURRENTLY have in legends

Light - 6+1 = 7
Dark - 9+1 = 10
Water - 4+2 = 6
Fire - 6+1 = 7
Electric - 5+1 = 6

Granted a sizable part of this just comes from the number of villains on the roster. And of them only Ganondorf's Trident and Volga's spear are not of the Darkness element.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I played through the first level and I can't find anything different so far. Only that the icon on my home screen for the game looks different now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Looks like I'm aiming for Warioware Touched then. That seems the only thing worth getting that I can actually get.

:231:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still remember using cheats to play as Sandbag in Melee.

Super fun to play as. Too bad it didn't take much to freeze the game.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've been reading Sonic and Mega Man: Worlds Collide. I'm really enjoying it so far, the art is nice and the writing is really good. I absolutely love Eggman and Wily's bromance.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Odd, I got 10 gold points on My Nintendo for completing the "$5.00-$9.99 downloadable game purchase (tax not included)" mission.

But the eShop purchase in question was $3.99.

But hey, free points so I can't complain too much.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I actually just purchased a couple issues last week, couldn't agree more. Also Gemeral's in this, glad he's getting some use.
Gemerl's in it? That's cool. I always did appreciate that Archie gives the lesser known characters much needed attention.

D

Deleted member

Odd, I got 10 gold points on My Nintendo for completing the "$5.00-$9.99 downloadable game purchase (tax not included)" mission.

But the eShop purchase in question was $3.99.

But hey, free points so I can't complain too much.
That reminds me, when I recently upgraded a few Wii Virtual Console games to their respective Wii U versions, I received gold coins for completing the "$5.00-9.99" and "$10.00-19.99" missions despite only paying $1.50 and $2.00, respectively.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That reminds me, when I recently upgraded a few Wii Virtual Console games to their respective Wii U versions, I received gold coins for completing the "$5.00-9.99" and "$10.00-19.99" missions despite only paying $1.50 and $2.00, respectively.
I have two theories on this case:

1) There really is no minimum purchase
2) They seem to forget to factor in the sale/discount of the purchase (what I bought is $5.99 without the sale).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have two theories on this case:

1) There really is no minimum purchase
2) They seem to forget the factor in the sale/discount of the purchase (what I bought is $5.99 without the sale).
I think it's #2. One of the games I upgraded was an SNES game that is normally $7.99 (which is probably how I completed the "$5.00-9.99" mission), and the other was Sin & Punishment, the only N64 game on the North American eShop that normally costs $11.99 (which is probably how I completed the "$10.00-19.99" mission).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom