• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eliwood is great but you've got to be using Hector wrong if he keeps missing
He is probably the most accurate axe users I ever used
He's fast, bulky and strong, his only weakness is his Res but he'll kill mages in the player phase before they can do anything anyways
Also, axecopter crits
In the entirety of the Pirate Ship chapter, with Hector holding down a choke-hold the entire time, Hector hit once.

Once. He also only took 1 damage in the whole time so that's cool.

https://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Smash 4 grand finals right now

Mewtwo bois

EDIT
M E W T W O B O I S
E
W
T
W
O
B
O
I
S

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Holy ****, the Panama Papers leak is probably the biggest thing since Snowden's.

Scratch that, it's definitely bigger than Snowden's, and WikiLeaks' as well. Holy ****, man.

Seriously, if you're not familiar with this, look it up. Corruption everywhere.
Huh? Corrupt, wealthy people are a bunch of slimeballs who commit heinous acts. That's a revelation for sure.

D

Deleted member

In the entirety of the Pirate Ship chapter, with Hector holding down a choke-hold the entire time, Hector hit once.

Once. He also only took 1 damage in the whole time so that's cool.

https://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Smash 4 grand finals right now

Mewtwo bois

EDIT
M E W T W O B O I S
E
W
T
W
O
B
O
I
S
His skill got RNG screwed then
Then again, that map is full of sword users and mages so it's not like he can really shine on that chapter
Btw, have you've been getting the Gaiden chapters? Hope you got 16x, because if you didn't... well, say goodbye to Dark magic

D

Deleted member

So i think this is a good time to talk about which characters we would like to see in an hyphotetical Nintendo VS Capcom roster, wouldn't you say?

I'll start with mine.

Nintendo Side:
Mewtwo.
Waluigi.
Takamaru.
Balloon Fighter.
Roy.
King K.Rool.

Capcom side:

Mega Man X
Zero
Strider Hiryu
Firebrand.
Mike Haggar.
Cody (Final Fight 1 incarnation)

This is just a few of the ones that i would to see in an hypothetical NVC game as playable fighters.

Last edited by a moderator:

kylexv

Smash Master
With the power of patches, Mewtwo comes from one of the worst characters in the game to winning a major tourney.
What a world we live in.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So i think this is a good time to talk about which characters we would like to see in an hyphotetical Nintendo VS Capcom roster, wouldn't you say?

I'll start with mine.

Nintendo Side:
Mewtwo.
Waluigi.
Takamaru.
Balloon Fighter.
Roy.

Capcom side:
Mega Man X
Zero
Strider Hiryu
Firebrand.
Mike Haggar.

This is just a few of the ones that i would to see in an hypothetical NVC game as playable fighters.
I'll go with five for each because I'm pre-occupied.

Nintendo:
Captain Falcon
Lucina
Wonder Red
Fawful
Shulk

Capcom
Mega Man X
Dante (Original design)
Viewtiful Joe
Phoenix Wright
Albert Wesker

Rip crits and hits

Rip Canas, died because you didn't save the green units in 16
Rip Dark Magic
Keep the Luna tome once you get it though, you get another character that can use it by the end of the game
Like, the very end
THIS DUDE WEARS A FREAKING MONOCLE.

**** HOW COULD I MISS MONOCLE MAN. ****ING RAVEN CRITS

I'm not resetting ;-;

D

Deleted member

So Abadango won a Sm4sh tournament with Mewtwo, huh?

Well, you know what they say.......

Once the world's strongest Pokémon, always the world's strongest Pokémon.

I used this as an excuse to post my favorite Mewtwo gif. Im NOT sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Mewtwo struck back.

He freakin' struck back. And all he needed was for Abadango to train him.

I'll start with mine.

Nintendo Side:
Mewtwo.
Waluigi.
Takamaru.
Balloon Fighter.
Roy.
King K.Rool.

Capcom side:

Mega Man X
Zero
Strider Hiryu
Firebrand.
Mike Haggar.
Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright, and Amatarasu are required for NvC. No exceptions. Dante and Captain Commando would be pretty cool too.

As for Nintendo
1. :4pit:
2. Ridley
3. :4littlemac:
4. :4feroy:
5. Dixie Kong

I excluded some characters like Samus because they are givens.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wasn't Mewtwo one of those characters everyone was complaining was going to be ultra-low tier because he was floaty and stuff?

What happened here?

. . .I'm not complaining at all, I'm happy to see someone jump tiers. I'm just curious how Mewtwo pulled it off.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wasn't Mewtwo one of those characters everyone was complaining was going to be ultra-low tier because he was floaty and stuff?

What happened here?

. . .I'm not complaining at all, I'm happy to see someone jump tiers. I'm just curious how Mewtwo pulled it off.
They buffed the crap out of him.

He's still floaty and light, but they fixed a lot of the core issues that made him low tier.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy ****, the Panama Papers leak is probably the biggest thing since Snowden's.

Scratch that, it's definitely bigger than Snowden's, and WikiLeaks' as well. Holy ****, man.

Seriously, if you're not familiar with this, look it up. Corruption everywhere.
Holy hell.

What the **** happened?

Just.... what?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I know that.

I'm just miffed this happened in the first place.
I'm not terribly surprised, really.

And for some reason this isn't bothering me as much as it should. Life for the average person would probably go as it did even it wasn't leaked, tbh.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Mewtwo got fatter, now he wins tournaments...:troll:

anyways...Nintendo vs. Capcom, yes please...
If Captain Falcon isn't in the game it's an automatic bust...j/s

And Ridley will have to be added because I'm sure everyone knows how much people want him in a fighting game...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Glad to see Mewtwo jump in the tier list. It was always a shame that he ended up getting the shaft a lot in Smash.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Mewtwo got fatter, now he wins tournaments...:troll:

anyways...Nintendo vs. Capcom, yes please...
If Captain Falcon isn't in the game it's an automatic bust...j/s

And Ridley will have to be added because I'm sure everyone knows how much people want him in a fighting game...
Don't you know?
He already is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Huh? Corrupt, wealthy people are a bunch of slimeballs who commit heinous acts. That's a revelation for sure.
Joke if you wish, but the important part here is that there's proof now, and proofs breeds accountability, which can lead to change. There are already calls from tons of people, including the ex-PM, for the current PM of Iceland to resign, among other things. Change happens when things like this break.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Joke if you wish, but the important part here is that there's proof now, and proofs breeds accountability, which can lead to change. There are already calls from tons of people, including the ex-PM, for the current PM of Iceland to resign, among other things. Change happens when things like this break.
So this is about political corruption and politicians using money to do things they shouldn't be doing?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think the bigger question is the if the leak will really change anything for the common people.

Unlike the thing about NSA spying on US citizens, which was legitimately worrying as it directly related to the government violating the citizens' right to privacy, what will the average joe going about his daily life stand to gain even if these people are punished?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So my boyfriend and I are trying to watch Wrestlemania but his PS4 apparently got the blue light of death or something... so now he's hooking up his computer to the TV so we could watch it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Meh...I'll bite...

Nintendo
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina*
Bowser Jr
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda**
Ganondorf
Midna
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Marth
Ike
Robin
Pit
Palutena
Fox
Captain Falcon
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B
Duck Hunt Duo
Inkling
Henry Fleming

CAPCOM
Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
M.Bison
C.Viper
F.A.N.G
Zangief
Mega Man
Bass
Roll
Tron Bonne
X
Zero
Dante
Vergil
Trish
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Albert Wesker
Nemesis
Phoenix Wright
**** Gumshoe
Franziska Von Karma
Simon Blackquill
Morrigan
Felicia
Hsien Ko
Arthur
Firebrand
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Strider
Frank West
Haggar
Spencer

*Luma would probably come with her, though I'm not sure if Luma would be an overarching part of her mechanics in this case, or just implemented into some moves. Making her a full on puppet fighter in a more traditional fighting game would have the potential to make her completely OP, more so than in Smash.
**Implement Sheik into her moveset, where she transforms for certain moves.

I ended up with a 70 character roster, 35 on each side (UMvC3 had 50 in total, 25 for each side), so I don't think it's an unreasonable jump. The storied history of many of the Nintendo characters, as well as the fact most of them are in Smash, means coming up with movesets should be easy. I did most of the Nintendo roster first, and mostly used UMvC3 characters for the Capcom side, with a few extras I thought people would like, as well as personal wants. I mainly wanted to fill up the Mega Man roster more than MvC usually does, because I feel like it would be a crime to not have Mega Man prominently represented in a Nintendo VS Capcom game.

And I know people are gonna be like "WELL THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO GET THOSE CHARACTERS THAT AREN'T IN SMASH INTO A FIGHTING GAME", and be angry at the fact most of the Nintendo side has characters in Smash. But let's be honest, they are gonna want to put mostly Nintendo's biggest All-Stars in, and those are mostly in Smash already. I did my best to add a few extras, but it's really hard without cutting characters that are already in Smash. The characters I cut compared to Smash are the ones that I feel wouldn't add anything distinctly different to the Nintendo cast in a VS Capcom style game, or in fear of making things look too bloated (#toomanyFEreps). And just like Smash, I am considering Yoshi, Wario, DK, and Diddy to be separate from the "Mario" cast. And I'm adamant on the Mario cast I have since that is indeed the core Mario cast and I don't feel right leaving any of them out.

Maybe it is a bit excessive, but if I just went with the "expected, old school" choices (which is entirely possible for a first entry), then it would be boring and I honestly wouldn't have much room to include fan favourites or even characters I personally want to see.

If nothing else, we can pretend some of these would be part of a DLC line-up. I don't know. But I'm just doing this for fun, don't take it too seriously. I will also admit that I don't play an huge amount of Capcom games so I know it might be lacking on that side, I just did my best there and included the few Capcom characters I would like to see.

There are some omissions that even I don't agree with, like Shulk, but it's just really hard to come up with a balanced, all-pleasing roster for something like this, without it being totally boring and predictable.

EDIT: Just realised I forgot Samus. Yes, she should be in it too, obviously. Dunno who to put on the Capcom side to balance it out though.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So i think this is a good time to talk about which characters we would like to see in an hypothetical Nintendo VS Capcom roster, wouldn't you say?.
Nintendo:
Pit
Shulk
Mach Rider
Wonder Red
Professor Layton

Capcom:
Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe
Arthur
Brood Ryu(from Breath of Fire)
Zack & Wiki

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo:

Pit
Pit
Pit
Pit
Pit

Capcom:
Mega Man

. . .

More Pits :4pit:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Nintendo vs. Capcom gets made, my most wanted characters from the Capcom side would be Mega Man (preferably Classic with a moveset inspired by his Smash moveset, but I'd be content with any incarnation), Zero, Phoenix Wright, and Strider Hiryu. On the Nintendo side, my most wanted would be Link, Marth, Shulk, and Captain Falcon. There others I'd like to see as well, but there are too many for me to list.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
RE: Nintendo VS Capcom:
Just some alpha listing of who I want in the game
Nintendo:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Pikachu
Lucario
Mewtwo
Captain Falcon
Marth
Robin
Ike
Samus Aran
Sylux
Ridley
Wonder Red
Takamaru
Bayonetta

Capcom:
Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
M.Bison
Morrigan Aensland
Hsien-Ko
Strider Hiryu
Demitri Maximov
Captain Commando
Leon Kennedy
Albert Wesker
Saki (That Asuka lookalike from Tatsunoko VS Capcom)
Mega Man
Zero
Viewtiful Joe
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Amaterasu

This is all rough and rushed, so I hope you don't mind it being like a rough draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom