• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
DRAGON BALL Z AT WRESTLEMANIA

I'M MARKING OUT BROS

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So i think this is a good time to talk about which characters we would like to see in an hyphotetical Nintendo VS Capcom roster, wouldn't you say?

I'll start with mine.

Nintendo Side:
Mewtwo.
Waluigi.
Takamaru.
Balloon Fighter.
Roy.
King K.Rool.

Capcom side:

Mega Man X
Zero
Strider Hiryu
Firebrand.
Mike Haggar.
Cody (Final Fight 1 incarnation)

This is just a few of the ones that i would to see in an hypothetical NVC game as playable fighters.
Nintendo:
Corrin/Azura (the Azura part of it is bias; I was generally shooting for a single slot to be a Fates rep)
Greninja/Gallade (the Gallade part of it is bias; Greninja is the more realistic added Pokemon slot)
Captain Falcon
Shulk
Meta Knight
Pit
Inkling
Chrom (Awakening rep)

And perhaps Professor Layton: Yes, he's owned by Level 5, not Nintendo, but perhaps maybe they could add him in due to Level 5's very close relationship with Nintendo. I could see him being the equivalent to Chrom, Lucina, and Fiora in Project X Zone 2: those characters aren't from the main video game companies featured, but they do have some sort of close tie to a featured company (as in Fiora's case) or have a strong tie to the Nintendo consoles (as in Lucina or Chrom's case).

Capcom:
Megaman X
Zero
Dante
F.A.N.G./Rashid (I'm interested in seeing a Street Fighter V newcomer make it in similar to C.Viper in MvC3)
Amaterasu
Strider Hiryu
Albert Wesker
Viewitiful Joe

And Phoenix Wright too. Preferably, I'd hope we have Layton and Mr. Wright in that crossover game to relive the entire Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney experience. Imagine how hype that would be!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the bigger question is the if the leak will really change anything for the common people.

Unlike the thing about NSA spying on US citizens, which was legitimately worrying as it directly related to the government violating the citizens' right to privacy, what will the average joe going about his daily life stand to gain even if these people are punished?
One thing that it could easily do is cause ripple effects. People get to talking, and if more people in power get exposed, it'll create unrest and distrust in those officials, ruining their odds at reelection. Just one thing to take away from it, anyway.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
D

Deleted member

Welp
Stardust Crusaders episodes 38-43 spoilers
Oh look, they finally gave Iggy some development, that was cool
Holy **** Kakyoin, I like you but you have done literally nothing the whole Egypt arc
I love how Jotaro is so casual when fighting D'arby though

DID AVDOL JUST ****ING DIE? AGAIN!? H-HE'S NOT REALLY DEAD, R-RIGHT!? HE'S ACTUALLY ALIVE LIKE LAST TIME, ISN'T HE!?
Now ****ing Iggy too!?
At least Polnareff killing Vanilla Ice was satisfying, like, damn, that's the kind of payoff I want
Rip Avdol, your death was quicker than your first one
Rip Iggy, development equals death
Rip Jojo's series because Polnareff stole all their spotlight and I'm okay with it

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
It's a wonder why NvC hasn't already happened, especially seeing as Capcom crossed over with some comic book franchise that would've been completely unconnected had Capcom not developed several games for it a lot earlier.

I've been inspired.
Nintendo vs Capcom.PNG

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's pretty funny how some of the characters look when hacked over falcon:
Screenshot (72).png

Screenshot (77).png

Screenshot (78).png

The modding scene for this game is fascinating!

D

Deleted member

Welp
Stardust Crusaders episodes 38-43 spoilers
Oh look, they finally gave Iggy some development, that was cool
Holy **** Kakyoin, I like you but you have done literally nothing the whole Egypt arc
I love how Jotaro is so casual when fighting D'arby though

DID AVDOL JUST ****ING DIE? AGAIN!? H-HE'S NOT REALLY DEAD, R-RIGHT!? HE'S ACTUALLY ALIVE LIKE LAST TIME, ISN'T HE!?
SC Spoilers.

Rerorero in Pepperoni Avdol. You are in a better place now, in McDonalds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Did a quick roster for Nintendo vs. Capcom...I'm not sure how big this roster would get so I kept it at 50 characters max, 25 each side...
Tried to stay within the realm of plausibility...
NintendoVCapcom.png

Newcomer Icon is for Cammy since she doesn't have a thumbnail in the Roster Maker for some reason...
In addition I can see :4olimar::4wario::4metaknight::4shulk::4myfriends::rosalina::4lucario::4rob: KKR, Inkling; also make it on Nintendo's side...
Was also tempted adding Wonder Red in there because seeing Wonder Red vs. Viewtiful Joe is a fun idea...

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I know I haven't been the most active poster here in a while.
But do any of you know where I can get access to the likes of different colour palettes for the smash 4 characters?
For instance the main one I am looking for is Claus as I currently have a few custom Amiibo that I am working on and I require a high quality version of the alt for the box art.
Any help would be much appreciated :p

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
These rosters are too conservative.

C'mom guys. It's Nintendo vs Capcom. Go nuts.

(I'll post a roster tomorrow, most likely.)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But do any of you know where I can get access to the likes of different colour palettes for the smash 4 characters?
For instance the main one I am looking for is Claus as I currently have a few custom Amiibo that I am working on and I require a high quality version of the alt for the box art.
http://imgur.com/a/0RQtP#46

For some reason it doesn't have Lucas' alts yet but maybe bookmark this and keep an eye on it until you finish your custom or something. Maybe contact the creator of this album too.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know, random tangent, but despite how messed up gaming can be these days, can we also remember how AWESOME gaming is now as well?

We can make :4mario::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::4cloud: and :4bayonetta2: duke it out with almost 50 other fighters from Nintendo's greatest.

We can have Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright clash their intellect.

We can have Mickey Mouse team up with Captain America to take down Darth Vader.

Despite it being LEGO, we can have Batman fly the TARDIS around Springfield and have Chel explore a world of Midway arcade games.

We can have Jason fight an Alien from AvP with all the blood and gore we could ever ask for.

The Arbiter can energy sword the **** out of a damn BATTLETOAD.

We can have so many anime human Capcom, Sega, and Namco characters take down a threat bigger than any of them could ever hope to take on their own. With a sprinkle of Nintendo in no less.

I mean, remember when the most amazing thing we would see was Marvel with Capcom, Link in Soul Caliber and making Pikachu fight Mario was as amazing as it got? We always make all these what if scinarios like Nintendo vs Capcom, but saying that now as opposed to 15 years ago... this stuff really isn't as unlikely as we may believe. But only time will tell.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, random tangent, but despite how messed up gaming can be these days, can we also remember how AWESOME gaming is now as well?

We can make :4mario::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::4cloud: and :4bayonetta2: duke it out with almost 50 other fighters from Nintendo's greatest.

We can have Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright clash their intellect.

We can have Mickey Mouse team up with Captain America to take down Darth Vader.

Despite it being LEGO, we can have Batman fly the TARDIS around Springfield and have Chel explore a world of Midway arcade games.

We can have Jason fight an Alien from AvP with all the blood and gore we could ever ask for.

The Arbiter can energy sword the **** out of a damn BATTLETOAD.

We can have so many anime human Capcom, Sega, and Namco characters take down a threat bigger than any of them could ever hope to take on their own. With a sprinkle of Nintendo in no less.

I mean, remember when the most amazing thing we would see was Marvel with Capcom, Link in Soul Caliber and making Pikachu fight Mario was as amazing as it got? We always make all these what if scinarios like Nintendo vs Capcom, but saying that now as opposed to 15 years ago... this stuff really isn't as unlikely as we may believe. But only time will tell.
Only thing is that half of those come with a catch anyway, reminding me once again how gaming can be a cruel mistress.

"You can have all of these Nintendo characters and a few others in this one game, but there is barely anything worthwhile to do with them for the average consumer. Go find a local competitive scene or go bust."

"Buy our toys."

"Buy our toys too".

"It's an epic SRPG crossover with SEGA, Capcom, and Namco's greatest.....obscure, anime looking characters you've never heard of". (This one is a bit of an exaggeration but you cannot deny at least that the SEGA side of these games is extremely lacking. Capcom reps are fine really, and the Namco ones are OK but still a bit lacking).

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd fling my body to the store immediately if a Nintendo vs Capcom happened. But the years of Capcom constanlty saying they want one to happen tells me they've made no attempt to negotiate with Nintendo.

As for roster, I'm not picky on both companies, as long as they have a good balance of fan favorites, retro characters and recent ones.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Only thing is that half of those come with a catch anyway, reminding me once again how gaming can be a cruel mistress.

"You can have all of these Nintendo characters and a few others in this one game, but there is barely anything worthwhile to do with them for the average consumer. Go find a local competitive scene or go bust."

"Buy our toys."

"Buy our toys too".

"It's an epic SRPG crossover with SEGA, Capcom, and Namco's greatest.....obscure, anime looking characters you've never heard of". (This one is a bit of an exaggeration but you cannot deny at least that the SEGA side of these games is extremely lacking. Capcom reps are fine really, and the Namco ones are OK but still a bit lacking).
Pffft. Next youll tell me Mario and Sonic will cross over, but it'll only be at the Olympic Games!

(Internal sobbing)

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You know with Hyrule Warriors and Pokken Tournament being a thing...I'd really like it if Metroid took a similar route...

I've mentioned this before but imagine if Metroid could have an asymmetrical multiplayer much like the game Evolve, I think it'd make for an awesome game...

Hunters vs. Bounties
Hunters play is based on an FPS system similar to that of Prime. Players can of course choose from different hunters to play as, anywhere from Samus, Sylux, Rundas, etc...
while the bounties are in a third person mode which gives the player a good view of their chosen monster wrecking ****...Ridley, Dark Samus, Nightmare, A Metroid (I'm not joking either), etc...

Burruni

Smash Hero
You know with Hyrule Warriors and Pokken Tournament being a thing...I'd really like it if Metroid took a similar route...

I've mentioned this before but imagine if Metroid could have an asymmetrical multiplayer much like the game Evolve, I think it'd make for an awesome game...

Hunters vs. Bounties
Hunters play is based on an FPS system similar to that of Prime. Players can of course choose from different hunters to play as, anywhere from Samus, Sylux, Rundas, etc...
while the bounties are in a third person mode which gives the player a good view of their chosen monster wrecking ****...Ridley, Dark Samus, Nightmare, A Metroid (I'm not joking either), etc...
You forgot.
:4mario: Mario & Puzzle & Dragons.
That said.....
To complete the big 4...
:4kirby: Action game.

Hunters vs. Bounties
Personally I think a TF2/Overwatch styled game would be awesome. All the hunters would be different classes, Dark Samus, Samus, Maybe Higgs, some characters made up for the game, etc etc.

EX Trace would be our Sniper/Widowmaker.

Perhaps the Last Metroid could be the payload.

Plenty of stages to choose from and of course stages can be made up.

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Well before Smash 4 and 5
Nintendo v Capcom had a chance but Iwatta didn't liked that idea.
But after negociations finally Ryu and Megaman are in Smash years later.

I will love if the game is a reality.
30 to 45 roster characters could be possible in a combination of Capcom VS series and Smash.
Something like Bayonetta gameplay in Smash WiiU.
In Deviantart this concept is more extended.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
We were discussing about exercise in the Dream Land Group and the conclusion was that I look like Little Mac.
So I made this avatar:

Little Chandelure.png

I have a lot of free time.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
http://imgur.com/a/0RQtP#46

For some reason it doesn't have Lucas' alts yet but maybe bookmark this and keep an eye on it until you finish your custom or something. Maybe contact the creator of this album too.
This looks like a good resource. perhaps the amiibo reddit, and or even smash 4 modders have access to high quality versions of pallete swaps?
If anyone thinks he is joking

There was a problem fetching the tweet

That explains why we didn't get Shaqboards this year. Too busy practicing to take down Big Show.
''

30 years and now he's back!

The Mystery in The WWE Shaq!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I don't know if this was in the original Hyrule Warriors. If it is, I somehow never discovered it. But I found an awesome Easter Egg in Hyrule Warriors Legends.

When you are on the the loading screen for an Adventure Mode mission, press B, Y, X, L, or R. You'll hear an Ocarina note! Each button has it's own unique note too!

Now press up or down on the D-Pad or Circle Pad while pressing any of the above buttons. This will higher or lower the pitch of the note.

So you basically have full Ocarina functionality in the game! The best part is that the loading screen doesn't go away until you press A after everything is loaded, so you can mess around with this as much as you like.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I don't know if this was in the original Hyrule Warriors. If it is, I somehow never discovered it. But I found an awesome Easter Egg in Hyrule Warriors Legends.

When you are on the the loading screen for an Adventure Mode mission, press B, Y, X, L, or R. You'll hear an Ocarina note! Each button has it's own unique note too!

Now press up or down on the D-Pad or Circle Pad while pressing any of the above buttons. This will higher or lower the pitch of the note.

So you basically have full Ocarina functionality in the game! The best part is that the loading screen doesn't go away until you press A after everything is loaded, so you can mess around with this as much as you like.
I admittedly spent a good 5-10 minutes on the screen playing with that function, trying out different songs...thought it was pretty cool...

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
I'm late to the party, but I'm super hyped about Sandbag in SSF2. I love weirdo gimmick characters and his weird movement seems right up my alley. I can't wait to see his other specials!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If we do get Nintendo vs Capcom I mainly want to see Ridley. He'd fit in with the Capcom vs. style of games seeing how those games have featured giant characters several times before.

Chrom could also finally get his chance.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm late to the party, but I'm super hyped about Sandbag in SSF2. I love weirdo gimmick characters and his weird movement seems right up my alley. I can't wait to see his other specials!
Sandbag is coming to SSF2?! He's always been one of my most wanted Smash characters no lie.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
characters i would like to see in nintendo vs capcom......
done....yes i did just list a game for the characters i want

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Sandbag is coming to SSF2?! He's always been one of my most wanted Smash characters no lie.
Yeah! McLeodgaming put out a trailer on April Fools Day, and today they put up a dev blog explaining that he is actually going to be unlockable in both the Beta and the full game. You should really check out the update, his gameplay looks interesting.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Nintendo vs Capcom?

Nintendo:
Daisy, Slurpuff, Miis, Chrom (Yes, over Robin and Lucina), Rawk Hawk

Capcom:
Megaman, Roll, Arthur, and Phoenix Wright really. Don't follow Capcom too closely.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who I'd hope for in a Nintendo vs Capcom roster:

Guarantees: Mario, Luigi, Link, Inkling, Mega Man, Ryu, Chun-Li
Not exactly guarantees: Mewtwo, Olimar, Little Mac, Chrom, Henry Fleming, Rashid, Dhalsim, Frank West, Doctor Wily

Obviously there'd be others, but those'd be my hopes.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
You all already know who I want the most in NvC so I'm not gonna bother. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom