• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Interesting. I'll keep an eye on it thne.

You saved it right? Because if so, I should have thought of this! I would have been fine with FE for awhile, if it meant I got that sweet banner.

No it's today. It's sunday in Japan when the show airs, but saturday on the west coast.
Don't get to hopeful though as the tweet pokemon Co Jp released showed the cast members watching the intial trailer.
Granted we could still get something new, but don't expect it 100%
What's the exact time of it in a U.S. time zone?

I want to know when to keep an eye out just in case something happens.

AA Investigations Case 5 has been a whirlwind and im only on the second part.

Steel Samurai, Jammin Ninja, Franziska shows up again, Kay is a suspect, Larry Butz, Wendy ****ing Oldbag, and Missile!

And now Fanziska just questioned whether the ambassador above has "an interest in cross-dressing." I love this series.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yo.
I feel incredibly dumb.
Driving home from work.
Hear a song on a radio.
"I recognize this damn basline, but from where"
"JOOOOOOOOOJOOOOOOOO"
It was used for the ending theme for Part 1 & 2 of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure's anime.
I assumed it was an original piece of work because it sounded incredibly engrish (not the case for Part 3's choice of song)

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I know quite a few autistic people. They don't need to be 'cured'. Most of them can function in society just fine. Autism doesn't need a 'cure' but it needs to be worked around. Case and point, You'd only be able to tell some of my friends are autistic if they outright told you
Can confirm, am autistic.

Burruni Burruni
Z25 Z25
Zzuxon Zzuxon

Kingdom Hearts: The First x was KH wiki's April Fools joke of the year.
The page has since been deleted, though. The page also listed a world based on Cool Runnings.

----
Hah.
I looked up Black Hole, and it was obscure but it seemed plausible that it could be a KH world.
If they had said Cool runnings in the post yesterday than I would have known for sure that it was a prank.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys would you like to see one of my drawings?

It's a crossover between King of the Hill and Fire Emblem (i originally was going to post it yesterday to tie inwith the whole Emblemboards stuff but i got lazy)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, so since no one ever actually answered when the video might be shown, I had to go search for it. And since none of the news articles covered it EITHER, I had to go check Twitter. Even then I'm still confused, because the closest thing I can gather is some image in Portugese that I don't even know the accuracy of.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And I have even LESS clue where I'm supposed to watch it. Time to check and see if there's something on YouTube that has the answer, I guess.

*EDIT* There we go. Shoulda checked YouTube first.

Still no idea where to watch it, though. "Check my Twitter" indeed, he's got no viewing locations up there yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OK, so since no one ever actually answered when the video might be shown, I had to go search for it. And since none of the news articles covered it EITHER, I had to go check Twitter. Even then I'm still confused, because the closest thing I can gather is some image in Portugese that I don't even know the accuracy of.

And I have even LESS clue where I'm supposed to watch it. Time to check and see if there's something on YouTube that has the answer, I guess.
Wait, is there an event of sorts that will actually show footge of Sun and Moon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait, is there an event of sorts that will actually show footge of Sun and Moon?
We're not sure. A teaser has many under the conclusion that they're simply going to be showing the trailer we already saw again, but I think some major Pokemon staff are going to be there or something, so who knows.

I'm trying to keep an eye out on when it airs just in case something gets shown off, but since it's on some Japanese Pokemon show and people were much quicker to point out the possibility of a reveal than WHERE it might be shown off, I can't find any place where I could watch it and it was hard to even pin down something that said when it would air.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Meanwhile, ESP Kirby looks pretty much as I imagined (although the pic's a little too small to make it out entirely).

Not expecting much from the Sun & Moon thing, but I'm definitely curious enough to watch if anyone finds out where it is.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think they'll show the intro tomorrow tbh
Judging from my research, they -might- be showing it in 3-4 hours.

Nothing concrete on that at all, but it seems like a possibility.

Keep in mind that in Japan it's 5AM on the 3rd right now, so another 3-4 hours would be a decent time to air something in the morning. . .

Last edited:
Meanwhile, ESP Kirby looks pretty much as I imagined (although the pic's a little too small to make it out entirely).

Not expecting much from the Sun & Moon thing, but I'm definitely curious enough to watch if anyone finds out where it is.
"Backwards cap kind of like Ness"

Sans confirmed to be Kirby.

I'm just happy Archer and Water+ are around

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What's the exact time of it in a U.S. time zone?

I want to know when to keep an eye out just in case something happens.

*EDIT* There we go. Shoulda checked YouTube first.

Still no idea where to watch it, though. "Check my Twitter" indeed, he's got no viewing locations up there yet.
It should be 8pm or 9pm est. I believe it's 8 though. The reveal will be at the end, so if there is anything, check around 9pm on serebii.

As for streams. It's illegal to stream it as it's a tv show, but giancarlopimango or however he's spelled is supposedly streaming it live based on an event he set up.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
At any rate, considering the tendency for hyped things to fall flat, I suppose it's just as well that people seem apathetic towards it as @Serebii in particular seems to think that there's going to be absolutely nothing new.

It should be 8pm or 9pm est. I believe it's 8 though. The reveal will be at the end, so if there is anything, check around 9pm on serebii.

As for streams. It's illegal to stream it as it's a tv show, but giancarlopimango or however he's spelled is supposedly streaming it live based on an event he set up.
Yeah, I just figured that out just now looking at Serebii's tweets about how he thinks there's going to be absolutely nothing there again.

At any rate, I'm going to keep an eye out just in case anyway, so we'll see what comes up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tool assisted speedruns of Melee are something to be seen by the human eye:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Am I allowed to post matches from Pound or make a highlight video and post it on YouTube? I'm not really sure if there's a policy for that haha so I just wanted to check.

Burruni

Smash Hero
YO. SUPLEX IS BEST ABILITY. Though I heard Beetle took quite a few moves from it
Beetle.... kinda did.
But the issue is that Beetle was less reliable to GRAB things with and its throws were HEAVILY out-damaged by just doing the up and down spirals one after another.

D

Deleted member

ORAS's First Live Footage 2: Electric Boogaloo
I'm not even gonna bother watching it, I can feel the disappointnent already

D

Deleted member

If there's any ability that i want back for a Kirby game, it's Paint Kirby.

They could give the ability a complete moveset overhaul just like what they did to Magic Kirby.

Instead of beign a one-use ability, he could have a complete paint-based moveset!

He could attack his enemies with a bucket of paint! he could swing around his paintbrush like a sword while leaving trails of paint all over the place, damaging enemies! he could squash them with a roller! wait.........

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

They could give the ability a complete moveset overhaul just like what they did to Magic Kirby.

Instead of beign a one-use ability, he could have a complete paint-based moveset!

He could attack his enemies with a bucket of paint! he could swing around his paintbrush like a sword while leaving trails of paint all over the place, damaging enemies! he could squash them with a roller! wait.........
i get the joke but id be down for that...granted i think he would need a new hat...perhaps one based off of adeline?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I remember a fangame called 'Invaders of the Dark' I think. They did that

D

Deleted member

Except for oooone detail. If it's like ORAS it means something. They'll show the legendaries
It's relatively speaking
Legendaries meant nothing for a remake
So we'll get ****ing nothing for a new game
It's like Tharja and Rhajat, those are two kinds of disappointment despite their similarities

D

Deleted member

Also, I have a question. How feminine do I look? A friend Photoshopped make-up on everyone in a group of friends
View attachment 102677[\spoiler]
And I know about the bushy brows
Overall, I give an 8/10
Femininity wise, I give a 6/10
Because as rude as this sounds
Well i dont think the effects on the picture help in your case of not being a woman
I have to agree the effects don't help, they look too exaggerated
Actual make up would look better and more natural

D

Deleted member

I don't think i should judge how other people look seeing how i look terrible.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't have a single friend on Miitomo yet but I'm really enjoying it!

If you're wondering what the background picture is, it's from a bootleg Game Boy Color game similar to Pokémon called "Shi Kong Xing Shou".

Haven't gotten far in said game because I can't read Chinese. :upsidedown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom