• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I beat Revelations today. I really enjoyed all three. Though I don't really know how to rank them, because despite them being very different, I have very conflicted feelings about which one is better than which.. To me it was all one experience. But a very good one at that, I just simply couldn't play one without playing all of them. Though if I had to choose between just birthright or conquest, I'd say conquest because I enjoyed that there was a lot more conflict between characters. Though
Xander's chapter was very emotional, more so than Ryoma's, IMO. Especially since I played Conquest first.

That and the maps were just better and
Invading Hoshido just felt way more epic than sneaking into Nohr.

As for Revelations was a good mix of both, I'd say. I don't know how to grade it between all them though. In fact, I'd say it would be better than both, but the reason why I'm sort of conflicted on that is because

Anankos. As much as I really enjoyed taking him down and the Gunter twist, I feel like it would've been better to have a plot that revolves around just the kingdom conflicts and the characters' flaws. Takumi in conquest, for an example, I felt was on the right track.

Though I do get why Anankos is there, without the plot would be completely different and you wouldn't have some things like Azura or Garon the way he is.

However, I'm not saying that they should take Anankos and Valla out of the plot. I just think the plot should've been different all together. Not that I don't like the plot. I would just like to see another FE game without some evil force like Grima or Ankanos. I don't want there to be a clear evil.

I prefer it when it's not good and evil. Because in most cases in reality, that's not the case, it's just a different view of morals and values. And that's why I thought they were really on the right track with Nohr vs Hoshido.

That's not to say that there isn't evil in our world. But a whole nation and all it's people can't be evil. Even if you do have some bad people and authority, but I can assure you that comes with every country. Just look at any country's history, whether it be Russia, the US, Germany, Britain, or Japan. etc. Any country really unless they stay neutral all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
If there's any ability that i want back for a Kirby game, it's Paint Kirby.

They could give the ability a complete moveset overhaul just like what they did to Magic Kirby.

Instead of beign a one-use ability, he could have a complete paint-based moveset!

He could attack his enemies with a bucket of paint! he could swing around his paintbrush like a sword while leaving trails of paint all over the place, damaging enemies! he could squash them with a roller! wait.........
Just like in the fan game, Invaders of the Dark.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
About the above criticism, any and all criticism helps, so thanks!

Also, I found out the BIGGEST reason TamashiiHiroka is a dumb. She claims the Pikaclones are mascots. I hope people realize she's not smart after all this time
I didn't subscribe to her because of her intelligence

D

Deleted member

Have you ever wanted to see somebody beat a Castlevania game under a Minute?

Video game TAS is something amazing i tell ya.

D

Deleted member

So I beat Revelations today. I really enjoyed all three. Though I don't really know how to rank them, because despite them being very different, I have very conflicted feelings about which one is better than which.. To me it was all one experience. But a very good one at that, I just simply couldn't play one without playing all of them. Though if I had to choose between just birthright or conquest, I'd say conquest because I enjoyed that there was a lot more conflict between characters. Though
Xander's chapter was very emotional, more so than Ryoma's, IMO. Especially since I played Conquest first.

That and the maps were just better and
Invading Hoshido just felt way more epic than sneaking into Nohr.

As for Revelations was a good mix of both, I'd say. I don't know how to grade it between all them though. In fact, I'd say it would be better than both, but the reason why I'm sort of conflicted on that is because

Anankos. As much as I really enjoyed taking him down and the Gunter twist, I feel like it would've been better to have a plot that revolves around just the kingdom conflicts and the characters' flaws. Takumi in conquest, for an example, I felt was on the right track.

Though I do get why Anankos is there, without the plot would be completely different and you wouldn't have some things like Azura or Garon the way he is.

However, I'm not saying that they should take Anankos and Valla out of the plot. I just think the plot should've been different all together. Not that I don't like the plot. I would just like to see another FE game without some evil force like Grima or Ankanos. I don't want there to be a clear evil.

I prefer it when it's not good and evil. Because in most cases in reality, that's not the case, it's just a different view of morals and values. And that's why I thought they were really on the right track with Nohr vs Hoshido.

That's not to say that there isn't evil in our world. But a whole nation and all it's people can't be evil. Even if you do have some bad people and authority, but I can assure you that comes with every country. Just look at any country's history, whether it be Russia, the US, Germany, Britain, or Japan. etc. Any country really unless they stay neutral all the time.
Too bad that's 99% of FE's plots, there's always a Bigger Bad doing all the work
Evil nation(Nohr, Bern, Plegia...) invades good country but as it turns out their king/emperor is either being controlled by an evil force(Vigarde/Lyon and Garon) or is really just insane(Zephiel and Gangrel) and there's a mage villain who wants to ressurect the bigger bad(Riev and Gharnef)
The only game that escapes the formula is FE7, no evil nation, Nergal isn't being controlled(just went mad) and the final boss is just the mess Nergal caused that needs to be cleaned, not the Bigger Bad

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Also, I have a question. How feminine do I look? A friend Photoshopped make-up on everyone in a group of friends
View attachment 102677[\spoiler]
And I know about the bushy brows
Well, obviously effects are effects, but I understand the point. It's more so of an outline rather than actually making you look like how you actually would. I get it, my girlfriend does the exact same thing to me.(Though more subtle and hair too.) But I have to say, at least for me, that I think things would definitely work out for you if you were given actual make up and a matching style.(Or many if you're like me.)
Too bad that's 99% of FE's plots, there's always a Bigger Bad doing all the work
Evil nation(Nohr, Bern, Plegia...) invades good country but as it turns out their king/emperor is either being controlled by an evil force(Vigarde/Lyon and Garon) or is really just insane(Zephiel and Gangrel) and there's a mage villain who wants to ressurect the bigger bad(Riev and Gharnef)
The only game that escapes the formula is FE7, no evil nation, Nergal isn't being controlled(just went mad) and the final boss is just the mess Nergal caused that needs to be cleaned, not the Bigger Bad
Exactly. That's one of the reasons I loved FE7 though.

Man this site has randomly been glitching like crazy for me all of the sudden.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How the **** do you not recognize one of the most iconic franchises in the world?
1. He's the Trashman, he eats garbage.

2. He is an animal, COLD BLOODED!!!

3. Too busy drinking espresso.

4. He didn't go to Vietnam just to have some pansies take his freedom away from him.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Speaking of Pokemon, I just found out there's a status move that ignores Protect. Bestow. You wanna protect yourself? Too bad, you're getting this Flame Orb, and you're gonna like it!
Then they have Magic Bounce...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If we can't have Danny Devito, I think JonTron would be a good alternative.

*Pikachu sees a Ghastly pop up in the office*
"OUTTA THIS HOUSE, OUTTA THIS HOUSE!"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a customer in line that looked at me, I smiled.

Apparently that somehow made her so uncomfortable she wanted to leave

Ultimate compliment...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I had a customer in line that looked at me, I smiled.

Apparently that somehow made her so uncomfortable she wanted to leave

Ultimate compliment...
What I do is say "Good day sir/madam" while smiling, and maybe crack a joke if applicable
Are you looking for something? "I'm looking for my wife" My apologies sir, we're out of stock!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tbird/the-summer-of-sonic-uk-fan-convention-one-more-run

For anyone in the UK & Ireland, or just anyone who would be interested in going even from overseas, Summer of Sonic is returning to London this year.

In the past, it has been a free event to attend, but this year, there is a £20 fee. And it needs to be funded through Kickstarter (£20,000 is the funding goal and it's already more than halfway there).

This event is basically the UK equivalent to Sonic Boom (the US concert event, not the song or spin-off franchise), and the upcoming Sonic 25th Anniversary Birthday Party in San Diego. So if you are like me and live near the UK and wanted to go to one of those, but realised it wouldn't be feasible to get a trip to the US right now, then this is a really nice alternative. Summer of Sonic, just like all those other events, does have special guest appearances from figureheads in the creation of Sonic franchise products, like Crush 40 and even Takashi Iizuka and Yuji Naka have appeared at previous iterations of the event.

There have been six Summer of Sonic events in the past, so the people organising it know what they are doing. Fun fact too, but our boy Etika has actually helped out with these in the past!

I'm highly considering going to this one. It's easily affordable for me (you can get a weeks return ticket from Dublin to London by plane for way less than €100 sometimes, and you don't ever really go above that), and I could easily afford to pay for any of these reward tiers right now (unfortunately the VIP one is already sold out), and that would be my tickets all sorted, plus some t-shirts. It's just a matter of seeing who would go with me, get the appropriate reward tier, book a flight for at least myself, and book a close enough hotel. Wouldn't be too costly and I'll probably get some birthday money soon so I'll put all of that towards it.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I love new Pokemon game season.

Every single ****ing time I watch these Pokemon Streams it makes me question what the actual **** is up with the Japanese

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got one with, and one without the banner.
Smart! Wish I thought of that!
I remember a fangame called 'Invaders of the Dark' I think. They did that
That's funny a remember this fan game like it, called:

"Splatoon""
:p
About the above criticism, any and all criticism helps, so thanks!

Also, I found out the BIGGEST reason TamashiiHiroka is a dumb. She claims the Pikaclones are mascots. I hope people realize she's not smart after all this time
It's funny because 4chan has taking up to hating her. who knew they were ahead of the time? I don't watch her, so I have no opinion.
R.I.P in peace the best casting choice ever.
We could still get Munchingorange.... Although JonTron sounds good as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Saw this artwork posted on the official Zelda Facebook. I haven't seen it before so it might not be new, but I think it's cool.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Pokemon Sun & Moon footage finally!?

"lol nope here's a Pokemon digivice advertisement"

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Oh, look at this kid with his shiny Klefki.

That makes me irrationally angry, you kid with a shiny Klefki.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... Miitomo blew my mind.

Regular users must have noticed how the Miis react to certain words in the sentences while reading them out.

What amazed me is its smiley recognition. Seeing the Mii cry where I had written ;_; really made my day. :laugh:

:231:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom