• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They're talking about Sun and Moon now at least.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
These mother****ers on this Pokemon show acting like they never seen that trailer before wtf

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
This sums up everyone's reaction towards the event.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S.P.A.Mヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S.P.A.M.
I say we riot.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

D

Deleted member

This video pretty much describes the whole stream in a Nutshell.
Not like i was wathcing it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't see why very many people are irritated when half the thread had their expectations below the floor anyway.

At any rate, even despite the reactions I still wouldn't qualify this reaction as even being a quarter as bad as typical salt. I mean, there's no mindless bashing, no calling for the heads of the developers, no rampant bickering. . .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Japanese TV reveal of Pokemon turns out to be a disappointment? Where have I seen that before...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wasn't really expecting much myself.

I don't remember much from these shows other than the hosts doing a bunch of random stuff as usual but I recall that we didn't really get to see much from OR AS other than footage of Primal Groudon and Kyogre, which I suppose is still more than this stream did. Not sure I remember how the ones before those went though other than vaguely remembering some guy in a Lucario suit....

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I took some screenshots in Hyrule Warriors Legends today.

"You came to the wrong neighbourhood."

This line was in the original Hyrule Warriors but it's still my favourite.

And this was a really cool reference and it's full of feels.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
not related to the current subject but this is 100% how i feel about multiplayer-only games

I'm happy with what Street Fighter V is right now, but if it were released a little later I wouldn't mind. If that meant loading times/netcode was improved I'd be happy.

D

Deleted member

For some reason this whole anouncement thing reminds me of the whole Cranky Kong and VGX event of 2013:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Let's not forget they specifically said:

first aired on tv footage for sun and moon.

Not anything new.

Besides masuda said there would be more then 10 pokemon guys!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Let's not forget they specifically said:

first aired on tv footage for sun and moon.

Not anything new.

Besides masuda said there would be more then 10 pokemon guys!
So that means we're only getting 11 new Pokemon right? :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
its****ingnothing.gif
I'd actually post it but swf fancies us all seven-year-olds, so I'll abstain.

In any case, I'm pretty sure Serebii already said this stream likely wasn't going to reveal much of anything. Guess not everyone got the news.

All I'll say is the game is coming out this holiday and we really haven't seen any of it yet. iirc, that's uncommon for Pokemon. So I just hope it's not rushed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
February 24: Promised us the next Pokémon
What we got: A 20th anniversary trailer that dragged on waaaay too long then a couple seconds saying "Oh, Sun & Moon is a thing! No gameplay footage to show off though"

April 3: "We're going to talk about the new games"
What we got: The exact damn "trailer" from a few weeks ago

Maybe how X & Y pre-release advertising was done spoiled me but if you're promising something BIG, then I don't want to know anything if you're not ****ing ready to show it off.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So that means we're only getting 11 new Pokemon right? :troll:
Guys! We hit the limit with Brawl! This game is only going to have 35 characters, tops! So don't go making any bigger rosters than that, because if you do you're delusional! :troll: :troll: :troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think the problem with all this is Sun & Moon were announced WAY too early.

Especially when you recall we still don't know if the Ash-Greninja & new Zygarde forms (both of which are of Gen 6 origin) are actually going to show up in any core title.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I got HW: Legends yesterday and just now got to the new content.

Linkle is so fun I love her. Spraying people down is such a fun mechanic

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the problem with all this is Sun & Moon were announced WAY too early.

Especially when you recall we still don't know if the Ash-Greninja & new Zygarde forms (both of which are of Gen 6 origin) are actually going to show up in any core title.
Tbh for a AAA game that releases this holiday, announcing them in February isn't actually that early.

Unless, of course, the game is being rushed. Which is my worry.

X&Y was announced January and released October. This is probably just going to shift things by one month.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Tbh for a AAA game that releases this holiday, announcing them in February isn't actually that early.

X&Y was announced January and released October. This is probably just going to shift things by one month.
Yeah, they said "Holiday" 2016, so I'm assuming a November release, too.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I got Hyrule Warriors Legends today. I'm now playing the story mode (currently in the second chapter). Once I'm done with that mode, I'll tackle adventure mode and play around with the new characters.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

The difference between X&Y is that they were working on it at the same time they were working on gen 5. We don't know when they started development for gen 7, which is my biggest worry.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
man....im glad i took that nap i missed exactly what i expected....nothing

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The difference between X&Y is that they were working on it at the same time they were working on gen 5. We don't know when they started development for gen 7, which is my biggest worry.
Exactly. Though we can only guess so far, the development timeframe seems a little off, but the announcement timeframe seems normal. Which is why I worry about it being rushed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Exactly. Though we can only guess so far, the development timeframe seems a little off, but the announcement timeframe seems normal. Which is why I worry about it being rushed.
They DID say something in the ORAS strategy guide interview about their trying to switch to a schedule where they could produce one new game a year instead of stretching each development period over several years. If they actually went through with that, I could see some development hiccups happening during the transitional phase. . .

D

Deleted member

It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year since the Ballot was opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom