• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have to say Ghirahim is extremely fun in Hyrule Warriors gaddam...

Its actually quite useful how he teleports during some of his combos...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have to say Ghirahim is extremely fun in Hyrule Warriors gaddam...

Its actually quite useful how he teleports during some of his combos...
He's definitely fun to play as. And his animations are fun.

My only problem is that he is a bit slow. There is an Adventure Mode Mission I have been stuck on for ages in the Wii U version, because I need to play as Ghirahim to get a Heart Piece. You have to defeat like, 700 enemies within ten minutes. Problem is, you have to defeat bosses to spawn more enemies after each batch. And Ghirahim's attacks are just too slow to wade through everything really quickly.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Ivysaur has what I'd call "middle evolution" syndrome
He isn't the cute basic stage starter or their cool badass final evolution
He is the middle son that no one cares about
Unless you're Grovyle, then the middle evo is generally the most popular. :troll:

I actually like Ivysaur the best out of the Bulba line, though. I guess it could be because of the Smash representation.

---

D

Deleted member

After playing Advance Wars again...I'm really glad FE was revived instead of this, it just bores me, having to remember LOADS of different units, what they can and can't attack and all just bores me
You know, I should get around to playing AW sometime
All I know about it is that it's "FE where you don't restart after every desth"
My avatar is the prettiest and you know it!
This post reminded me that I can't let a casual scrublord run around thinking they have the prettiest avi so I looked at my folders and found a bunch of artwork from the FE Cipher game
So, yeah, I'm sorry but I beat you now :p
Unless you're Grovyle, then the middle evo is generally the most popular. :troll:

I actually like Ivysaur the best out of the Bulba line, though. I guess it could be because of the Smash representation.

---
Sceptile>Treecko>Grovile
Mystery Dungeon called, they want your ****aste back
/jk

D

Deleted member

I like the entire Bulbasaur line, although I do like Bulbasaur and Venusaur the most, though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like middle evolutions as the often strike a balance between the cute stage 1 and fierce stage 3.

Ivysaur, Grovyle, Bayleef, Quilava, Grotle are my favourites in their respective lines.

EDIT: I realised a lot of these are grass type.

:231:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The more and more I think about Nintendo lately, the more and more I realise I really am not satisfied with how they are right now.

I mean, I'm satisfied with my Wii U, I FEEL like I got my money's worth...but at the same time I feel that's not saying much.

Random thought of the day.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't usually look at individual stages for a lot of Pokemon lines, with a few exceptions like Dragonair and Rhydon for example...

I tend to just like the whole line as if it were one pokemon...this is especially true for starters...

My favourite Starter line; Starter, Middle, Final as a whole would probably be the Typhlosion line...
They pretty much fill the Cute, Cool/Cute, Badass!! to a tee...
(Now if Typhlosion could get a Mega...)

If I were to look at middle stages specifically though...Quilava, Grovyle, and Frogadier would be my favourites...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The more and more I think about Nintendo lately, the more and more I realise I really am not satisfied with how they are right now.

I mean, I'm satisfied with my Wii U, I FEEL like I got my money's worth...but at the same time I feel that's not saying much.

Random thought of the day.
I don't think there's more than a couple people on the planet who don't feel that way.

Just look at the reactions to every announcement anymore. Nearly everyone is dissatisfied with how they've been handling things recently.

They seem to be slowly realizing that they need to get their act together, the question is whether they actually have started back onto the path of making games people can actually be hyped for or if they've simply come to some sort of incorrect conclusion that's just going to prolong how awkwardly everything has been going.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Have to ask . . .are you saying Dragonair looks better or worse than dragonite and/or dratini?

Because I think Dragonair looks 100 times better than Dragonite
I used Dragonair as an example of a pokemon who's middle stage I like the better than its final form in a line...so yes I think it looks better...

Dragonair is this beautiful, majestic, and frikkin adorable (and blue, which is my favourite colour) little hermes dragon...

While Dragonite is...cool, I guess...

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
But Pikachu is one of the cases it doesn't apply to as pretty much every Pika clone type pokemon is disliked
u messing with my BOY Dedenne? He took all of Pikachu's chub and I love him for it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think there's more than a couple people on the planet who don't feel that way.

Just look at the reactions to every announcement anymore. Nearly everyone is dissatisfied with how they've been handling things recently.

They seem to be slowly realizing that they need to get their act together, the question is whether they actually have started back onto the path of making games people can actually be hyped for or if they've simply come to some sort of incorrect conclusion that's just going to prolong how awkwardly everything has been going.
It's not just the new and upcoming stuff though. Even the things I thought I was satisfied with when I first got them, I'm just not so sure anymore.

I'm torn on Super Mario 3D World.

I know I'm not satisfied with Mario Kart 8 now.

I know I'm not satisfied with Smash Wii U anymore (and specifically the Wii U version ironically, I am mostly satisfied with the 3DS version, as I do consider it a different kind of product with different goals).

I know I won't be satisfied with Pokkén after buying it at full price (still hasn't arrived yet).

Those are just a few examples, but while the games are all technically good games, they just drop the ball in one or two key areas.

Less so with Super Mario 3D World, though. I DO feel satisfied with that game, it's my favourite Mario game from a gameplay standpoint. There are just certain things about I hope aren't going to become a trend.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
After playing Advance Wars again...I'm really glad FE was revived instead of this, it just bores me, having to remember LOADS of different units, what they can and can't attack and all just bores me
But that's what makes the game fun no? Having a vast variety of units at your disposal and using them effectively to gain an advantage in battle. Gaining an advantage through capturing as much as cities to gain funds for your units and overwhelming your opponent is one huge aspect of the game. Then there's Fog of War that adds a whole different layer to the game of having to seek out enemy units whilst covering your own arse from getting attacked as well. There's so much to AW's gameplay which makes it a really great turn-based game. I'm addicted to this game so I would know lol.
I get Max as soon as I say this, meaning it's much less of a chore now
Protip. Max makes everything easier. Especially AW1 Max who's broken as all hell in the game and can beat pretty much everyone. AW2 Max is still OP though theirs a lot of CO's that can beat him out and all the added Black Hole weaponry makes it a pain for Max sometimes.
Here's the thing with Advance Wars in comparison to FE.

Advance Wars is set like an RTS "Command and Conquer" styled game except turn based and on a grid. Units are faceless piles of stats that you expend however is needed to overwhelm the opponent unless in a map that requires a more indirect objective-driven approach and while it has an overarching story for the game it's more cause for what brings you to the varying maps.

Fire Emblem brings things to where every unit is a person and there's an actual path in the world being carved with the maps doing what they can to reflect what all is truly going on in terms of the story of that map and the geographical situation in a more involved sense and pushes it more into an approach of taking down enemies as a division instead of unit vs unit.

Not to say that one is inherently better than the other but they're the real two differences in an STRATEGY- rpg and strategy-RPG so to speak.
As someone who's a big fan of both series, this is what my opinion is of the two.

Gameplay: Advance Wars > Fire Emblem
Story: Fire Emblem > Advance Wars

FE obviously has a more intriguing story as you said and units mean more though I find FE gameplay to be fairly repetitve at times. AW always has me constantly hooked with all my different options in battle and all the different ideas I can implement in battle. It's much more engaging than FE is and there's more layers to battle in AW IMO.

I don't think AW not having any recent instalments is due to Awakenings success really. FE is what's hot right now but IS hasn't completely abandoned AW shown by the fact that DoR got a Japan release in 2013.

Also FE owes AW it's life for getting in to the West lol. The reason why FE7 was brought overseas was because of the success of Advance Wars.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Has this been shared yet?

I should really try to keep up with what's going on here.

I know screenshots were posted.

Looks cool but to be honest it's hard to be overly interested in Smash Wii U modding right now. The methods for both running and making mods are too hush hush it seems.

Until the floodgates open, I think it will just be one of those things where people say "looks cool, too bad I can't use it yet".

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Because I feel like it...these are some middle stages I like better than their evolved forms...

Dragonair
Rhydon
Magmar
Haunter
Dusclops

That's actually all I can think off right now...I'm not going bother listing those who's final stages are simply worse designs like Vanillish or Dewott when I actually don't really care for them to begin with...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can confidently say that you've lost me. :laugh: >_>

:231:
As stated it's a Christmas Story reference. In the movie, at one point, the main character gets this decoder ring from his favorite radio show. it's about little orphan Annie, and if the listeners decode the message with the decoder rings members of her fan club get, they reveal a secret message. So when he gets his and writes down the numbers, he inputs them into the decoder ring.

He thinks it's some type of important message to help Annie save the world, and instead it's be sure to drink your ovaltine. He's like:
"Really? I've been had! Damn you little Orphan Annie"
lol. One of my favorite scenes in the movie.

As for the jumbled text. What you do is search for the numbers that match the letters in the title. The decoder ring gives you an actual letter which is then used to be put together to make the hidden statement, be sure to drink your ovaltine.

Ermahgerd gaiz I finds Sunmoon leek

:troll:
Nah obviously fake,,( but fit's with the super volcanion I posted yesterday lol) Here's your actual leak:

Enjoy your box art legends guys!

Oh and I think dedenne is pretty cool. Nice shiny for it!

The pika clones are and interesting concept.

D

Deleted member

I liked the boat map and how it "moves" in the first turns
Lol I accidentally killed Marisa, not like I would ever use her and I'm not going to restart the chapter for her
I got scared when I saw Caellach in the map for a moment, but as expected, he just leaves on turn 2 like Selena does in Chapter 10
>cute as ****
****taste detected

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, I don't see a problem with non viable Pokemon.

Some of them just look cool or cute.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, I don't see a problem with non viable Pokemon.

Some of them just look cool or cute.
Or do will I do, try to make them viable.

Like my shiny swalot, he's never expected, so I catch so many random people off guard, as he lives and slowly kills everyone.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I always destroyed scrubs with my Cinccino in Pokemon Showdown OU, before X/Y's release.
All those stupid teams with legendaries, Ferrothorn, Scizor and Rotom Wash.

They didn't even know the stats of the Pokemon, they always asked "wtf, that thing has a Scarf? it can't be that fast", when it was obvious it had a Life Orb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom