• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright, real Sacred Stones questions time
Great Knight Franz or Paladin Franz?
Assassin Colm or Rogue Colm?
Sniper Neimi or Ranger Neimi?
Sage Lute or Mage Knight Lute?
Bishop Artur or whatever-his-other promotion-is Artur?
Bishop Natasha or Valkyrie Natasha?
Pink General, Black General or both?
Or do will I do, try to make them viable.

Like my shiny swalot, he's never expected, so I catch so many random people off guard, as he lives and slowly kills everyone.
Quick Feet Mightyena+Toxic Orb+Foul Play with Sticky Web in effect can usually take out a phys. attacker
Also, Sucker Punch for revenge killing

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Quick Feet Mightyena+Toxic Orb+Foul Play with Sticky Web in effect can usually take out a phys. attacker
This was actually something I planned to make soon. Mightenya's one of my favorites.

I also had a 2 iv shiny furfrou, that could kill anything in one hit( or leave it with red hp) with retaliate. He also had u turn, dig, sucker punch. All did really well, with boosts to hp, and his main ability, he could take hits as if he had multiscale. I don't know what happened to him, but he's my next masuda project.

5ivs will make him the most unexpected sweeper. It's why I love furfrou so much.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Ranger Neimi or gtfo

D

Deleted member

This was actually something I planned to make soon. Mightenya's one of my favorites.

I also had a 2 iv shiny furfrou, that could kill anything in one hit( or leave it with red hp) with retaliate. He also had u turn, dig, sucker punch. All did really well, with boosts to hp, and his main ability, he could take hits as if he had multiscale. I don't know what happened to him, but he's my next masuda project.

5ivs will make him the most unexpected sweeper. It's why I love furfrou so much.
Furfrou is actually a Pokemon I always wanted to use but never got ghe chance go
His ability cuts physical damage received by half, that thing is a natural tank
Ranger Neimi or gtfo
Fine, but only because I went for Sniper last time, not because you told me to or anything
But what about the others?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Please be real!, please be real!, Please be real!

"I have information somewhat concerning Sun and Moon, but is about this year's Pikachu Short which will be revealed later this month...

It's entitled "Pikachu and Pikachu". In addition to the current Pikachu the classic appearance of Pikachu, the same one being released later as a plush, will also be appearing. Pikachu transferred from the Virtual Console copies of Red, Blue, and Yellow into Sun and Moon will take on the classic "chubby" appearance in-game as a bonus.

In the short modern Pikachu falls down a mysterious hole along with Greninja and Braixen, who are transformed back into Froakie and Fennekin, and Chespin, Dedenne, and Squishy. There he meets up with the classic Pikachu, and its friends Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Meowth and Inkay, dressed in its Pikachu outfit throughout the short, follow them and meet up with a second Meowth joined by Ekans and Koffing. The two Meowth hatch a scheme to capture the Pikachu while meanwhile the heroes follow the sight of Mew to find their way back home. Many classic Pokemon such as Onix, Vulpix, Pidgeotto, and Muk will also appear throughout to aid the heroes."
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25745641/volcanion-pikachu-short-information

This would be an amazing call back. I really hope this is real!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I don't see a problem with non viable Pokemon.

Some of them just look cool or cute.
That and battling between them rather then the top for a change is rather fun.

Which is why I play a lot of little cup on pokemon showdown.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Furfrou is actually a Pokemon I always wanted to use but never got ghe chance go
His ability cuts physical damage received by half, that thing is a natural tank

Fine, but only because I went for Sniper last time, not because you told me to or anything
But what about the others?
idk, don't remember their promotional gains. I just remember giving Neimi a sword

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is weird:

It's not to bad, but doesn't feel like a pokemon to me...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
All I'm saying is Quiver Dance+Petal Dance Lilligant with Own Tempo is pretty frikkin powerful...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tetsuya Nomura posted this to the Japanese Kingdom Hearts Twitter account.

It's been 14 years since the birth of KH. It's now the same age Sora was when he first departed on his adventure. It's all thanks to all of you who've been supporting us for so long. Thank you so much. I leave you with Daybreak Town, which is under development for 2.8. Please, continue supporting us. - Nomura
https://twitter.com/_KINGDOMHEARTS/status/714437815166066688

D

Deleted member

Please be real!, please be real!, Please be real!

"I have information somewhat concerning Sun and Moon, but is about this year's Pikachu Short which will be revealed later this month...

It's entitled "Pikachu and Pikachu". In addition to the current Pikachu the classic appearance of Pikachu, the same one being released later as a plush, will also be appearing. Pikachu transferred from the Virtual Console copies of Red, Blue, and Yellow into Sun and Moon will take on the classic "chubby" appearance in-game as a bonus.

In the short modern Pikachu falls down a mysterious hole along with Greninja and Braixen, who are transformed back into Froakie and Fennekin, and Chespin, Dedenne, and Squishy. There he meets up with the classic Pikachu, and its friends Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Meowth and Inkay, dressed in its Pikachu outfit throughout the short, follow them and meet up with a second Meowth joined by Ekans and Koffing. The two Meowth hatch a scheme to capture the Pikachu while meanwhile the heroes follow the sight of Mew to find their way back home. Many classic Pokemon such as Onix, Vulpix, Pidgeotto, and Muk will also appear throughout to aid the heroes."
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25745641/volcanion-pikachu-short-information

This would be an amazing call back. I really hope this is real!
Doubt it but it'd be cool
Black Jinx when
idk, don't remember their promotional gains. I just remember giving Neimi a sword
I remember making her not suck
I guess I'll just go with the ones I didn't the first time, so:
Paladin Franz
Mage Knight Lute
Valkyrie Natasha
Didn't use him lol Artur
Rogue Colm

Gilliam stays as a General
Amelia will be a pink General
If you dare to make Joshua an Assassin, I will personally kill you
All I'm saying is Quiver Dance+Petal Dance Lilligant with Own Tempo is pretty frikkin powerful...
I love Llilligant, she looks so cute
Except when she's using said combo against you on your Nuzlocke
"WHY DOESN'T SHE STOP AND GET CONFUSED!?"
It looks pretty cool to me.

Lilligant would be really cool if it had more than just Grass Attacks.
Meganium.png

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Doubt it but it'd be cool
Black Jinx when

I remember making her not suck
I guess I'll just go with the ones I didn't the first time, so:
Paladin Franz
Mage Knight Lute
Valkyrie Natasha
Didn't use him lol Artur
Rogue Colm

Gilliam stays as a General
Amelia will be a pink General
If you dare to make Joshua an Assassin, I will personally kill you

I love Llilligant, she looks so cute
Except when she's using said combo against you on your Nuzlocke
"WHY DOESN'T SHE STOP AND GET CONFUSED!?"

Meganium.png
Probably because she's got Own Tempo :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
...Great. That's got absolutely nothing to do with the post, and nobody cares.
Your post mentioned 2.8 and was celebrating 14 years of KH. My post was saying about how despite the anniversary, it's still dumb. And someone hit like, so obviously that's more than nobody who cared
I didn't know that at the time though
git gud

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Your post mentioned 2.8 and was celebrating 14 years of KH. My post was saying about how despite the anniversary, it's still dumb. And someone hit like, so obviously that's more than nobody who cared

git gud
****posting that tries this hard, is not good ****posting.

Seriously.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Except one TIIIIIIIIINY detail

It wasn't meant to be a ****post, I genuinely thing KH is pretty dumb
That's great. Doesn't mean you have to try de-rail every discussion on it, you know?

I mean I let you weebs enjoy your Firm Wang and Poke-Men discussions, and pointless Smish Bruhs speculation. Let people enjoy their KingDumb.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's great. Doesn't mean you have to try de-rail every discussion on it, you know?

I mean I let you weebs enjoy your Firm Wang and Poke-men discussions, and pointless Smish Bruhs speculation. Let people enjoy their KingDumb.
First of all what the **** is firm **** supposed to be an insult to? Second, the only reason I haven't touched my copy of DDD is because my 3DS is still getting repaired, so I'm waiting till it's fixed so I can finally play it. Thirdly, Sonic Generations had an 06 level, so despite it celebrating an anniversary, it's acknowledging something bad about Sonic, just like how I criticized the aspects mentioned.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
First of all what the **** is firm wang supposed to be an insult to?

Thirdly, Sonic Generations had an 06 level, so despite it celebrating an anniversary, it's acknowledging something bad about Sonic, just like how I criticized the aspects mentioned.
I don't see the comparison between a celebration game taking one of the best aspects of a bad game and making it into a stellar pair of levels, and you just going off on any mention of a game series just because you didn't like a particular line for whatever reason.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, it's debates like this that I remember why we can't have nice things.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not here as much.

Anyways Star Fox Zero may have around 20 levels, as opposed to the 11 from before.

I still want my slot machine boss.
Seriously, it's the best part of Star Fox SNES.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I don't see the comparison between a celebration game taking one of the best aspects of a bad game and making it into a stellar pair of levels, and you just going off on any mention of a game series just because you didn't like a particular line for whatever reason.
I respect the franchise, and though I heard DDD is really bad, I can't wait to play it, and I liked what I saw in the KH2 LP I saw and the KH3 trailer. I just happened to mention something I disliked about it

and though I heard DDD is really bad,
You've heard from people with **** taste.

Just beat Blue the Champion in Leafgreen in the first time in. . .Jeez I have no idea how long it's been actually.

Fire Red was released on my birthday (September 9th) back in 2004. I spent a lot of time lost (hurray for not knowing Flash exists and wandering around Dark Cave blind for days and days) so i'm guessing the last time was somewhere around 2005. May not have been my first pokemon game or my favorite but it's the one I remember most.

Final team

Leviathan :062: Lv 58
Tifa :031: Lv 56
:038: Lv 54
Red XIII :053: Lv 56
Ramuh:135: Lv 56
Cactuar :103: Lv 55

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Firm Wang sounds like a cheap Chinese rip-off of Fire Emblem lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Just beat Blue the Champion in Leafgreen in the first time in. . .Jeez I have no idea how long it's been actually.

Fire Red was released on my birthday (September 9th) back in 2004. I spent a lot of time lost (hurray for not knowing Flash exists and wandering around Dark Cave blind for days and days) so i'm guessing the last time was somewhere around 2005. May not have been my first pokemon game or my favorite but it's the one I remember most.

Final team

I mean. The Fruit Bat of Notre Dame...Looks cool though
Firm Wang sounds like a cheap Chinese rip-off of Fire Emblem lol
It's supposed to be something not for the kiddies....
brb editting it just in case

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'd rather have discussions about Derp Wars then I would Firm Wang personally. I'm a big fan of the former.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I respect the franchise, and though I heard DDD is really bad, I can't wait to play it, and I liked what I saw in the KH2 LP I saw and the KH3 trailer. I just happened to mention something I disliked about it
That's fine, it just comes off as grating when you seem to go off on it whenever someone wants to post some KH news or whatever. I'm not gonna argue about whether or not the line is stupid but you don't need to keep bringing it up, especially towards my posts, because I already know you don't like the line.

As for DDD, I haven't played it either since I'm waiting on 2.8 for it, but from what I hear, the gameplay is perfectly fine for the average KH player. More hardcore fans of KH gameplay who might speedrun the games have some problems with it and I agree with those since I consider myself a pretty hardcore player when it comes to mechanics of the games. But it's fine for people who just want to play the game from beginning to end and just see the different Disney worlds. As far as the story goes, I can't say much, but I have heard it introduces time travel, and yeah I don't like the sound of that either.

As for KH2, I'd recommend getting that through 2.5 on PS3 if you can, since it's the best retail version of the game and you can get it fairly cheap. It's definitely the most accessible game in the series from a gameplay standpoint. Story-wise, the Roxas section might be off-putting but you can skip the cutscenes if you really want to.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Final team

I never used Exeggutor during Gen 1, but replaying the game I quite liked him.

He became my main psychic user after my butterfree started not being able to keep up with everyone else.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
TBH I tried playing KH once and I just didn't like it personally. Might have to do with the fact that I don't like pretty much anything related to Disney and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom