• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Chugging along Hyrule Warriors and, Twili Midna is a monster...

however...

'Oh Look random dark crystal, wonder what happens if I touch it. Oh, It changed me back to my True Form, what are the odds?'

lol...
its just convienant enought to work...wait does that mean imp midna is a being of light?
random question but did you use the wiiu code? if not could i have it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know right! It also can kill poor Lucas, who's one of the best characters in the game at 0%!

That's one hell of a nerf Sakurai! Why?

No taunt should be able to kill a top tier character at 0%!

That's savage and cheap!
Oh my gosh.

What if they somehow by some miracle went back on the Ridley thing and then Bayonetta did that taunt with both Samus and Ridley in the match?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Oh my gosh.

What if they somehow by some miracle went back on the Ridley thing and then Bayonetta did that taunt with both Samus and Ridley in the match?
ridley gets a buff and samus gets ptsd also thats how you unlock anthony higgs

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
its just convienant enought to work...wait does that mean imp midna is a being of light?
random question but did you use the wiiu code? if not could I have it
Yeah I know, when it happened...'Well, that was convenient' lol
Although what happened after I completed the map, made me a little sad, because I probably won't be able to play as Twili Midna for the rest of the story...but we'll see...Imp form is till awesome

Midna is unaffected by the light in this game in general, so it's likely they just went with Midna, Post-Lament, for the sake of convenience...come to think of it, none of the other characters are affected by the Twilight so....

I haven't used it yet, but I was planning on it later on...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh my gosh.

Ridley just gets a look on his face like the awkward zombie comic, and goes:
"it was one time"
or
ridley gets a buff and samus gets ptsd also thats how you unlock anthony higgs
this happens.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Yeah I know, when it happened...'Well, that was convenient' lol
Although what happened after I completed the map, made me a little sad, because I probably won't be able to play as Twili Midna for the rest of the story...but we'll see...Imp form is till awesome

Midna is unaffected by the light in this game in general, so it's likely they just went with Midna, Post-Lament, for the sake of convenience...come to think of it, none of the other characters are affected by the Twilight so....

I haven't used it yet, but I was planning on it later on...
okay thats fine i figured id ask because personally i wont be picking up legends untill way later(or not at all if the nx version gets announced before i get a new 3ds)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm waiting a bit to pick up Legends. Mostly cause I didn't have money at the time I wanted to get it and the guide, and cause I get pick up my copy and the guide in about a week far more easily. It's on the way home from a dentist appointment.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For some reason every time I'm hearing the words "Advance Wars 'rep,'" something isn't quite clicking with me. It's nothing against AW, I just don't have anything click when I hear the word "rep" in general.

Can you give me the full sales pitch on Andy and Sami? Their full set of abilities, what they do in their games, maybe a rundown of how many Wars games each one has shown up in compared to the overall series and if any notable characters showed up in the games before their time?

I like to look at the full package before making a character verdict, not just the status of the series they hail from.
Alright, here's my pitch for Andy's moveset.

:GCA:: Andy goes for a very quick punch to his opponent.
:GCU::GCA:(Tilt): Andy lifts his wrench quickly up in the air for a quick strike.
:GCD::GCA:(Tilt): Andy quickly kicks his opponent downwards once again for a quick strike.
:GCL:/:GCR::GCA:(Tilt): Andy strikes his opponent with his wrench quickly.
:GCU::GCA:(Air): Andy lunges his wrench up in the air.
:GCD::GCA:(Air): Andy thrusts his wrench downwards in the air.
:GCR::GCA:(Air): Andy thrusts his wrench vertically at his opponent.
:GCL::GCA:(Air): Andy kicks his opponent behind him.
:GCU::GCA:(Smash): Andy lunges his wrench vertically. Similar to his U-Tilt but stronger
:GCD::GCA:(Smash): Andy quickly lunges his wrench towards the ground like Marth's Down Smash.
:GCL:/:GCR::GCA:(Smash): Andy lunges his wrench at his opponent horizontally for some considerable damage.
:GCB:(Neutral): Infantry/Mech. Andy summons an infantry or a mech and then the units attack anyone on the battlefield until being struck down.
:GCL:/:GCR::GCB:: Recon Ambush. Andy summons a recon unit similar to Bowser Jr's Side B (only he's not inside the recon unit) that moves and fires quickly but can be taken down easily.
:GCU::GCB:: T-Copter Rescue: Andy summons a Transport Copter as a recovery move to help him recover back to the stage. The copters can strike opponent's that get in his way.
:GCD::GCB:: Tank. Andy summons a tank and for a brief period of time can control a tank and run over/fire at opponents similar to how Wario can summon his bike. The attack can't be spammed though so there's a certain amount of wait period before using the attack again.
:GCB:(Final Smash): Air Strike. Andy Summons a huge amount of air units (Battle Copters, Fighters, and Bombers) to attack everyone on the stage leading to a massive assault for everyone other than Andy and his allies.

Andy can also use his CO Power from Advance Wars (Hyper Repair). In Advance Wars this recovers 2HP for all his units in battle but in Smash Bros it works differently. Andy can recover 2HP when holding :GCD:for 3 seconds unless attacked by his opponent(s). Additionally, this move gets upgraded to "Hyper Upgrade" (Andy's Super in the 2nd Advance Wars game) when he has the Smash Ball and can heal 5HP instead of the usual 2HP.

Tell me if you're confused with anything I wrote in Andy's moveset. As for a character overview and all that stuff you can check out the Andy support thread because that would be too long for me to write.

http://smashboards.com/threads/orange-stars-keet-commanding-officer-andy-for-dlc.422780/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what really sucks? When you've come incredibly far from being a hot headed douche bag who had extreme mood swings, into someone very kind and mannered. Only to want to go back to the the old jerk you used to be because people treat you like such garbage just by your preferences anyway.

It makes me feel like a lot of times, I'm giving people respect they don't deserve... Not talking about anyone in this thread of course, while you guys think of all the arguing and stuff is really bad. To me, I personally don't mind it because I get treated worse all the time. Maybe it's because my girlfriend's been busy and stressed out for the past week, so I've been rather lonely and have lacked someone who's a huge stress reliever...

I don't know, I feel as if I'm always hated by default. And maybe I can't stand being with groups of people, with this thread being one of the very few exceptions, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used an electric razor with one of those comb edges on my beard and make it nice and even. But at the same time, it looks...Strange all neat and tidy

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't think smash has really been, as 'All-Star' centric as people would think...

Smash 64 was marketed as 'Nintendo's All-Star duking out against eachother'...but yet it still featured :samus64::fox64::falcon64::ness64: who are still not quite as recognizable as there fellow smashers.. (Samus and Fox maybe less so because of Super Metroid and Star Fox 64 being critically acclaimed titles) but still...

and if we look into succeeding games, it gets even less apparent the focus on 'All-Stars'...

Nowadays the newcoming line-up would be insignificantly small if the devs would focus only on 'All-Stars'...at least if we exclude any third party big names which would actually be rather difficult given how most big names now are exclusive to other plats...
The "All-Star" thing has really just become a PR buzzword now. It doesn't have a real defined meaning anymore.

Sure, your Mario characters, your Zelda characters, Pokémon characters, and third parties sans Bayonetta - those mostly classify as All-Stars very easily.

However, most of the other characters are fairly niche to the point where it is mostly Nintendo fans/core gamers who know them.
"All-Star" has always been PR nonsense but even if we got that route, the roster would just be

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4yoshi::4wario::4villager::4link::4zelda::4samus::4kirby::4duckhunt::4fox::4wiifit::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucario::4mewtwo::4greninja::squirtle::ivysaur::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4ryu::4cloud:

And we lose out on interesting fighters and standouts.

It's mostly there now to push Ridley/K. Rool arguments and the only reason why it exists.

It's there to push down Fire Emblem/Kid Icarus and push up Metroid/Donkey Kong when Matio/Pokemon will only get top billing for fighters and everyone else gets jack.

The all-stars were already in. You just needed to add on the essentials. AKA the reserves for the All Star Team

D

Deleted member

Just because you're more well known doesn't mean you're more popular. Pichu is rather disliked for it's only good thing being Volt Tackle. Ivysaur is what I'd call more popular because lf nostalgia
Ivysaur has what I'd call "middle evolution" syndrome
He isn't the cute basic stage starter or their cool badass final evolution
He is the middle son that no one cares about

D

Deleted member

But Pikachu is one of the cases it doesn't apply to as pretty much every Pika clone type pokemon is disliked
This just serves to prove how people have ****taste
I mean, how could anyone dislike Emolga?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"All-Star" has always been PR nonsense but even if we got that route, the roster would just be

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4yoshi::4wario::4villager::4link::4zelda::4samus::4kirby::4duckhunt::4fox::4wiifit::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucario::4mewtwo::4greninja::squirtle::ivysaur::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4ryu::4cloud:

And we lose out on interesting fighters and standouts.

It's mostly there now to push Ridley/K. Rool arguments and the only reason why it exists.

It's there to push down Fire Emblem/Kid Icarus and push up Metroid/Donkey Kong when Matio/Pokemon will only get top billing for fighters and everyone else gets jack.

The all-stars were already in. You just needed to add on the essentials. AKA the reserves for the All Star Team
>No Rosalina

That's not right

Screenshot_2016-03-28-13-02-32_1.jpg

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
>No Rosalina

That's not right

View attachment 101878
"Note the Rosalina fan strawgrasping to show her importance like you expect certain Daisy fans to do."

Yeah, she's important, but the position on a Badge Arcade ad is not the way to prove it.
That'd be her playable appearance in almost everything after Galaxy, including platformers and her enormous popularity

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Note the Rosalina fan strawgrasping to show her importance like you expect certain Daisy fans to do."

Yeah, she's important, but the position on a Badge Arcade ad is not the way to prove it.
That'd be her playable appearance in almost everything after Galaxy, including platformers and her enormous popularity
I was giving one example that had a funny sense of irony to it.

Calm down and quit jumping on me whenever my posts have the word "Rosalina" in them.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

Burruni

Smash Hero
Here's the thing with Advance Wars in comparison to FE.

Advance Wars is set like an RTS "Command and Conquer" styled game except turn based and on a grid. Units are faceless piles of stats that you expend however is needed to overwhelm the opponent unless in a map that requires a more indirect objective-driven approach and while it has an overarching story for the game it's more cause for what brings you to the varying maps.

Fire Emblem brings things to where every unit is a person and there's an actual path in the world being carved with the maps doing what they can to reflect what all is truly going on in terms of the story of that map and the geographical situation in a more involved sense and pushes it more into an approach of taking down enemies as a division instead of unit vs unit.

Not to say that one is inherently better than the other but they're the real two differences in an STRATEGY- rpg and strategy-RPG so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom