• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Your post mentioned 2.8 and was celebrating 14 years of KH. My post was saying about how despite the anniversary, it's still dumb. And someone hit like, so obviously that's more than nobody who cared

git gud
Jokes on you, I already did
I'm always three steps ahead
You've heard from people with **** taste.

Just beat Blue the Champion in Leafgreen in the first time in. . .Jeez I have no idea how long it's been actually.

Fire Red was released on my birthday (September 9th) back in 2004. I spent a lot of time lost (hurray for not knowing Flash exists and wandering around Dark Cave blind for days and days) so i'm guessing the last time was somewhere around 2005. May not have been my first pokemon game or my favorite but it's the one I remember most.

Final team

Leviathan :062: Lv 58
Tifa :031: Lv 56
:038: Lv 54
Red XIII :053: Lv 56
Ramuh:135: Lv 56
Cactuar :103: Lv 55
Poor Ninetales doesn't even get a name

Ivander

Smash Legend
Kingdom Hearts is great gameplay-wise and before DDD, it actually looked like the story was more in order and planned.
But really? Time travel? I mean, the idea of a Organization XIII comprised of remnants and people corrupted/possessed by Xehanort does sound potentially interesting, but why time travel?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be honest I haven't cared about Marvel and DC in a while, besides watching the Deadpool movie.

I haven't watched a single movie that's part of the current Marvel Cinematic Universe. Except for the first Captain America movie and Iron Man 1 + 2, if they count. I'm thinking on trying more out though.

And DC just seems too drab for my tastes, lately.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be honest I haven't cared about Marvel and DC in a while, besides watching the Deadpool movie.

I haven't watched a single movie that's part of the current Marvel Cinematic Universe. Except for the first Captain America movie and Iron Man 1 + 2, if they count. I'm thinking on trying more out though.

And DC just seems too drab for my tastes, lately.
My problem with DC is how they only ever get Batman right imo. Blue Beetle in Brave and the Bold was hella cool, alongside Teen Titans

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My problem with DC is how they only ever get Batman right imo. Blue Beetle in Brave and the Bold was hella cool, alongside Teen Titans
I liked Teen Titans a lot, and what little I've seen of Brave and the Bold looks hilarious.

I just mean, "mainstream DC", as it were. Like the Hollywood movies and the comics and stuff, and even the video games. It all looks so same-y to me. And a bit too much on the grimdark side.

I always saw Marvel as being the more colourful and vibrant of the two, in terms of designs and actual characterisation, yet still was always able to take itself seriously and get very dark. With DC, there only seems to be a few of their products that accomplish that.

Jokes on you, I already did
I'm always three steps ahead

Poor Ninetales doesn't even get a name
I chose to trade out Charizard (Bahumet) for Ninetails VERY late into the playthrough (pokemon mansion) so I didn't have one ready from the beginning. Everyone had a Final Fantasy name and I don't know any fire foxes in FF. And to make things worse I was just grinding still and only beat Lance from serious RNG. I didn't plan to fight Blue until the next time but. . .here I am :X

Now I just need to decide if I want to play Emerald next or Soulsilver >_>

Remember that time Brave and the Bold made Batman the musical?

There was an entire episode of this and it was amazing.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Speaking of DC they're revealing the Joker's true identity in May.
This could either ruin him completely or make him better. Depends on how it's pulled off and the subsequent stories involving him.

D

Deleted member

This could either ruin him completely or make him better. Depends on how it's pulled off and the subsequent stories involving him.
Pfft, everyone knows it's the guy that killed Bruce's parents
Didn't you watch the movie?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I'm assuming either they're just going to go with The Killing Joke or some arbitrarily plot twist that exists for little else apart from shock value.

Not that it matters, they reboot their franchises as much as the average person changes their socks.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kinda feel like the Joker is one of those characters that doesn't need their true identity revealed (then again I don't follow DC so maybe it's necessary in the main plot).

At the least, I feel like "the Joker" should be a case of "it's not one person, but a whole lineage of people who have taken up the name", making "the Joker" more of a symbol than a single person.

-----------------------------------------

I've been watching Gundam SEED and I just remembered there is a HD Remaster.

But I looked it up and I actually think the original looks nicer, so I will continue watching that.

INB4 the Joker is actually Batman's split personality counterpart

http://strawpoll.me/7212267

I'm just going to let Nintenzone decide

I intend to play the 5 main games (not replaying X/Y) by the end of the year

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Clearly the Joker is Batman's mother.

right guys? That alternate reality story will be true!

D

Deleted member

INB4 the Joker is actually Batman's split personality counterpart

http://strawpoll.me/7212267

I'm just going to let Nintenzone decide

I intend to play the 5 main games (not replaying X/Y) by the end of the year
Play SS
Do a Nuzlocke
Start with Chikorita
I played the Pokken demo, it's a very good fighter, I'll get the game when it is discounted.
I'm still pissed Europe got an EShop demo but the US didn't

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ever since I bought Sleeping Dogs from the XBLA Spring sale, it's been consuming my life.

The story is fun, gameplay is generic but the hand to hand combat makes it feel like a kung fu movie and I love the crime mystery aspect of any game so I can get way to addicted.

I'm gonna wait on Hyrule Warriors Legends with a sale or when I get my Tax Refund

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Play SS
Do a Nuzlocke
Start with Chikorita

I'm still pissed Europe got an EShop demo but the US didn't
The demo is available at Gamestop...sure it isn't quite at your leisure but its not like people will be playing demos for the long haul...

(This reminds me of the time I played the Prime 3 demo up to Meta-Ridley, lol)

D

Deleted member

That's what we get as a compensation for Fates
You are the ones who invaded Hoshido
It's your own damn fault
The demo is available at Gamestop...sure it isn't quite at your leisure but its not like people will be playing demos for the long haul...

(This reminds me of the time I played the Prime 3 demo up to Meta-Ridley, lol)
Yeah, that'd be cool if, you know, there were GameStops on my country...
What, are you some kind of *****? Are you too scared of a real challenge
Of course
Do you, like, hate yourself or what?

What, are you some kind of *****? Are you too scared of a real challenge
I suck at pokemon. It would take me a few decades of grinding to make it so my entire team isn't slaughtered at every rival battle. It doesn't hepl I have very little practice with Johto (one playthrough that I never even finished.)
Do you, like, hate yourself or what?
Yes but that's besides the point. I just like :153: and:154: more than the other other starters which I don't care for very much.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I can't wait for tomorrow when Season 3 of Killer Instinct launches!

...and yet Microsoft still isn't giving me any opportunity to get Shadow Jago (the incomplete roster is driving my OCD crazy). :glare:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The LEGO Batman Movie is looking badass/hilarious right now:

The LEGO Movie was one of the best movies I've seen in a LONG time. Curious how they'll top this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom