• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So people think that this:

is now real because of the confidential thing to the right.

Someone on 4chan made a thread on it with the confidential page. It details it as Hoopa Bound form and talks about Ash greninja being special and mentioning burst evolution.

I swear if this were somehow real.... I'd be somewhat upset.

I really don't like the concept of burst, it just isn't something that should be done atm. Plus a lot could go wrong with it.

Like I said though, seeing calling fake, but at least someone tried...
After the NX controller "leak," I'm pretty skeptical of calling this real just because it takes a detail from the screenshots. The NX leak did that with the patent papers and just stripped off the handles, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Plus it's building off of another leak, which is what ALSO happened with the NX leak.

The paper seems a little odd to me as well, but it could just be because I'm unfamiliar with how these papers work. The fully designed but unrevealed silhouettes, the rough sketch Greninja legs, whatever is going on in the bottom corner: it doesn't seem like this stuff has much to do with each other outside of the assertion that is has to do with burst. The concept art for Burst Greninja and Burst Hoopa seems like it would be on separate papers. And why is it just Greninja legs specifically? What do legs that appear to have no human or Hoopa influence have anything to do with the rest of the page?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
yes

speaking of which i still need to get a computer that isn't dumpster tier, i refuse to play another console shooter

D

Deleted member

newsflash gamergate is still ****ing stupid and no one should give this much of a **** about video game butts on either side of the spectrum
I disagree
We should care more about butts
Like starting to praise them instead of complaining about them

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
leaping to conclusions.jpg

how do we know this isn't a conscious artistic change the devs made due to changes in artistic vision

sure it's stupid, but assuming it's that one person (who may not have even been serious) that caused it to get changed is just that, an assumption

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I call bs, there's not enough sports games
Your reaction when EA is directing Mario Sports Mix 2 for the NX?

After the NX controller "leak," I'm pretty skeptical of calling this real just because it takes a detail from the screenshots. The NX leak did that with the patent papers and just stripped off the handles, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Plus it's building off of another leak, which is what ALSO happened with the NX leak.

The paper seems a little odd to me as well, but it could just be because I'm unfamiliar with how these papers work. The fully designed but unrevealed silhouettes, the rough sketch Greninja legs, whatever is going on in the bottom corner: it doesn't seem like this stuff has much to do with each other outside of the assertion that is has to do with burst. The concept art for Burst Greninja and Burst Hoopa seems like it would be on separate papers. And why is it just Greninja legs specifically? What do legs that appear to have no human or Hoopa influence have anything to do with the rest of the page?
Very good points. I don't know much on the designs, but if I had to guess, the volcanion hoopa thing is size comparison maybe, with the greninja one being some type of sketch for outlining and creating it in game or the movie. all depends on what they do for these.
The fact that one person got so offended at a butt in a video game, that the developer got rid of it is literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard all day.
Here, does this top it?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I think Melee actually did get patched (Only once), and I think it has something to do with nerfing some top tiers landing lag on one of it's air attacks but that's it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
this is sickening

i'm cool with religion but... christ dude, you don't have to push your ****ing agenda just because the author happens to be LGBT >.>
The fact I can tell exactly who made that comment without going to the article (though the comment has probably been deleted) is ridiculous.

In case anyone is lookng at that post about the butts and doesn't feel like doing the research

This pose (they occur at the end of every game) was removed (although the actual post says replaced) from Overwatch seemingly because of this complaint.

Last post of the thread is the announcement

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
One time I was eating a huge bucket of Jelly Bellys, eating cheeseburgers, listening to sad music, and sometimes watching Django Unchained all while playing Gmod.
Don't you have quite a random moment like that?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
One time I was eating a huge bucket of Jelly Bellys, eating cheeseburgers, listening to sad music, and sometimes watching Django Unchained all while playing Gmod.
This is the kind of content that keeps me coming back to this board.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Flaming. Be nice to your friends.
That sounds like the routine of someone like this:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
this is sickening

i'm cool with religion but... christ dude, you don't have to push your ****ing agenda just because the author happens to be LGBT >.>
Luke 6:37-42 said:
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be pouring into your lap. For with what measure you use, it will be measured to you"
He also told them this parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

I figure this is a good way to put how I feel about this.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and don't throw stones when your house is probably made of glass.

What if someone told this person he was horrible for being religious and told them to stop playing around with it and that they were only religious because of peer pressure? I know full well that things would go downhill REALLY fast, but I doubt they'd see the parallels for even an instant.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gundam SEED is really weird.

I mean it's still entertaining enough because it's still got the basic Gundam formula there, but it's definitely one of the weaker ones. Mainly because of the cast of characters being very lacking. And the random teenage drama and the way Kira's hormones seem to kick in at random.

Kamille is still the best Gundam protagonist.

Kamille is still the best Gundam protagonist.
Yeah but Kamille is a girl's name.

I need to get into Gundam. Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 and 2 had me hooked and I only watched like 4 or 5 episodes of the first show.
For those who wanted D.Dark in SFV:

Also Alex's theme:
That Nash skin looks cool

. . . FANG is a weird character.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
to quote a friend of mine on gundam seed
>Zeta Gundam
>Katz asks Amuro if he's storing a Gundam in his basement and Amuro calls him "Mentally impaired" for asking something so stupid

>Gundam Seed Destiny
>Kira literally stored a Gundam in his basement

Jesus Fukuda, you didn't think through this at all did you?
i mean hes not wrong

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I need to get into Gundam. Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 and 2 had me hooked and I only watched like 4 or 5 episodes of the first show.
Gundam Wing is generally considered the easiest to get into. It's outside of the UC timeline, so it's not too long and is fairly balanced in what it's about.

If you have a thing for shonen anime though, G-Gundam would be more up your alley.

Yeah but Kamille is a girl's name.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean, don't get me wrong F.A.N.G. isn't terrible design wise, he just feels out of place.
His design reminds me of something I'd see in something like a newspaper comic or Tintin. Which compared to the other characters looks too cartoony to fit in.

Then again, judging by his personality and movesets, I'm sure the odd design was intentional.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This one's my favorite.
Still doesn't top the Durango specs and pricing gif with Bane from Rise of the Dark Knight.

But that was more of an anti-Xbox One (anti-Wii U to a lesser extent) gif than anything.

Last edited:
Gundam Wing is generally considered the easiest to get into. It's outside of the UC timeline, so it's not too long and is fairly balanced in what it's about.

If you have a thing for shonen anime though, G-Gundam would be more up your alley.
i'm probably just straight up going in order. That means means Amuro and the Red Comet. And I have no qualms with seeing more Char.
I mean, don't get me wrong F.A.N.G. isn't terrible design wise, he just feels out of place.
His design reminds me of something I'd see in something like a newspaper comic or Tintin. Which compared to the other characters looks too cartoony to fit in.

Then again, judging by his personality and movesets, I'm sure the odd design was intentional.
Sometimes stuff like that can be nice. Keeps things fresh instead of just being monotone.

His skill is hidden behind his odd look.
I can't think of a single way for that to be feasible. Guess I need to go look it up. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh randomness?
"At what point does a human become a vehicle?" - Gavin Free
.....*sigh* You had to.

It definitely was intentional. And trust me, street fighter has definitely had characters that would seem even more weird and out of place. *coughstreetfighter3cough*

*coughnotdissingonitthoughIlovestreetfightet3cough*

But really, I just appreciate a diverse cast even if that means strange characters, which I love strange characters anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just got wrecked( as scripted) by shadow mewtwo in pokken.

Pretty cool stage and fight though. Loved the music.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
this is sickening

Here's the best parts. This idiot only hates trans people because 'WEHWEH MEN TOGETHER IS SIN AND YOU IZ BIOLOGICALLY MEN' completely forgetting Smashcapps has a wife. And this is someone who conveniently forgets all sins are equal, including wearing clothes that are 50% cotton or eating cheeseburgers. I know EXACTLY who this ****** is, and the amount they kept doing this is honestly astounding to the point I'd do a perma ban if I were an admin here

D

Deleted member

It's funny how stupid preaching like that does way more harm than good. Hell, it's eating a way my life right now. The whole reason why my boyfriend is no longer so anymore is simpilily because I can't see a good future with him. His parents are both hardcore christians, and they caught me talking to him on a facebook chat. After that, they said some ****ed up stuff to him. Things like "How can you betray your Mom and God", "Do you want to be bruce jenner?", and "how cqn you love a man over a women, they have lovely things called breasts".

And a lot of this stuff really gets to me along with homophobic slander and down talk(even from school staff) daily.

I start to wonder if I'm mentally insane for comfortably beong attracted to men, or perhaps I'm just inferior to everyone else.

I don't know, there's a lot to go into, today has been ****ed up for me to the point of watching of bunch of suicide videos on live leak. Hell, even fantasizing about jumping off the second floor of the quad area in my school. Which I couldn't do because my girlfriend is amazing, she's just been busy... But once I get theough the suffering it'll be worth it, she means a ton to me...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just saw the Tracer butt controversy
http://overwatch.blizzplanet.com/wp...2/tracer-victory-pose-2-over-the-shoulder.png
I hate to say it, but I have to agree with goobergators with this one. The only 'sexy' thing about is that Tracer has a butt. The pose oozes confidence imo, so it fits what admittedly little I saw of her. And I hear a male character has the exact same pose

In the Netherlands, we have a law. You can be religious, as long as you respect the beliefs of others and follow the law. Discrimination is illegal, therefore it works. That's why most Dutch people are worried about refugees who only arrived for a quick buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom