• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
People keep reminding others how it's "a choice" but that doesn't really change anything. Part of the reason the Grand Theft Auto series doesn't even feature children is so the games don't have the image of being a child killing simulator. Sure it'd be a choice, and don't have to do it at all, but the option is still there, thus still sending that message or idea. It's the same reason why Bethesda games have unkillable children, because image, people care about it.
I suppose.
A bit strong parallel but I get the point.
I never really was interested in Overwatch so I don't have any reason to be that invested in this whole debacle.
It's just... silly, I guess, if it did go to that severe of a response from that scope of outcry. Just weird that it's been the "theme" of sorts with fan outcry and games as of late.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
its like when the mika butt shot was removed

but then laura has two alternate costumes with her huge chest beefers out on display and booty shorts

ppl just like to point fingers

tumblr is just a bunch of crybullies who stole my sandwich and kicked my dog #gamergate

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
People here are still talking about Tracer's butt?

My thoughts? Its a nice butt. :p

But seriously, I might as well grow out what I said yesterday elsewhere. There are other ways to do this, including "discreetly" letting known you've decided to replace it or letting the community decide if they prefer that pose or another one. That way, you have less people assuming it's only because some one person said it made Tracer look like a sex object. (Fun fact, Internet: real people flirt. It's true). This is all probably just poor timing on a prior decision by Blizzard.

But ultimately, it's the decision of the big boys and girls who made the thing in the first place. I doubt this is just because (Whatever the one guy who cared too much is) sent in a formal report.

Then again, with all the publicity coming from this, who's saying Blizzard didn't do it on purpose for marketing? They'd be clever ******** if you did.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Then again, with all the publicity coming from this, who's saying Blizzard didn't do it on purpose for marketing? They'd be clever ******** if you did.
Because we in our heart of hearts like to believe that big companies have more integrity than to specifically spark controversies over their product in the name of marketing.
Especially after some past experiences...

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Because we in our heart of hearts like to believe that big companies have more integrity than to specifically spark controversies over their product in the name of marketing.

*Vomits*

But still, you know what say about any publicity. It's good publicity.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People keep reminding others how it's "a choice" but that doesn't really change anything. Part of the reason the Grand Theft Auto series doesn't even feature children is so the games don't have the image of being a child killing simulator. Sure it'd be a choice, and don't have to do it at all, but the option is still there, thus still sending that message or idea. It's the same reason why Bethesda games have unkillable children, because image, people care about it.
That is not an apt comparison.

There is a huge difference between:

A) A game that lets you make the choice to commit genocide against children.

and

B) A game that allows you to make your customisable character use a specific victory pose that is categorised as "heroic", and may or may not have a slightly flirty element to it, depending on your outlook.

There are legitimate, immediate problems with A), since if the wrong person plays said game, we get another school shooting or something.

With B), there are no real repercussions. While I understand the reason for the change, people suggesting that the developers just leave it as a choice is not exactly a bad suggestion either, and is not AT ALL comparable to people asking that they still be given the option to murder children.

That just sounds like a dandy kind of night.

Ivander

Smash Legend
well this conversation has become tiring so instead lets focus on something worth talking about

i submit the following question to you all what would lowrule's version of linkle look and act like?
would her design be minimally or radically difffrent what would her name be changed to this is something ive been thinking about even since it dawned on me that linkle is more or less going to be a main stay character(seeing as aounuma really likes her)
I wouldn't exactly be surprised if a Lorule version of Linkle would be much like what Ravio is to Link. Her name would be Raviole.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I wouldn't exactly be surprised if a Lorule version of Linkle would be much like what Ravio is to Link. Her name would be Raviole.
well ill be honest i convinced myself lowrule linkles name would be called rinka...i dont know why but i did

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pfft.
Nothing is going to beat the Phoenix Wright live action film.

If you haven't heard a fumbling japanese lawyer cross-examine a bird you haven't understood how absurd it will go.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pfft.
Nothing is going to beat the Phoenix Wright live action film.

If you haven't heard a fumbling japanese lawyer cross-examine a bird you haven't understood how absurd it will go.
I saw that but I don't really remember much about it.

I can't even remember if I found it legitimately good or ironically good.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
wedl!! wedl!! 's new avatar...
It's amazing. One of the best things I've ever seen.
What does it come from?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Ace Attorney Movie is amazing. My favorite video game movie.

Also, all the information that was reportedly dug up from the POKEMON GO beta.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I forgot about the R&C movie.

I haven't played much of the games, but I really liked what I have played so far.

I guess I have a reason to go to the cinema again soon after all.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It has Captain Qwark.

I must see it.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Ratchet and Clank seems to be a good movie. Happy to see another good video game movie out of all the bad ones (With a movie-tie in game that also looks to be great).

Now can we get another update on that Sly Cooper movie? Or is it just cancelled? Hopefully not...

Also, Jak and Daxter movie when?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, I've been wondering if video game movie are about to hit the same renaissance comic book movies had.
Remember? There was a time when comic book movies sucked. And then Marvel came in with it's cinematic universe. ...Leading all the way up to the Avengers and suddenly comic book movies became a big thing.

And I'm curious if this will go down the same path. We've had a few decent movies like Wreck It Ralph and Sonic Boom, but what will be the big hit that wins the public over?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll definitely be seeing the Ratchet & Clank movie. I've been looking forward to that one for a long time.
Fingers crossed that it'll be good for both fans and moviegoers alike.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Never because Naughty Dog hates Jak and Daxter.

ENJOY MORE UNCHARTED SHILLING AND PANDERING
I hope that another studio picks up the next game similar to what happened with Sly Cooper. I know that it won't happen (plot reasons and stuff) but I would love to see gameplay like the first game again. I played it a couple months back and it made me realize how much I love the game. While I definitely love the other two games, I miss the gameplay style the first game had.

We had miracles at Sony's last E3 conference, lets hope this year brings something as big like a new Jak and Daxter game. And a certain orange marsupial returning...

D

Deleted member

A boss that has Bolting in the middle of the ****ing map who is blocked by water tiles?
Well, I played Chapters 26 and 26x from FE7 enough times to see where this is going
"Me? Die? Prince Ephraim, you misunderstand me. I have no intention of dying. Madness though it may be, I will be the one doing the killing today."
Damn, Selena, chill out.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've barely played Ratchet and Clank, but I'm planning on seeing the movie in theaters. It looks very faithful and I want to support good video game movies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
My excitement for Pokemon Go is reaching unsafe levels.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My excitement for Pokemon Go is reaching unsafe levels.
This reminds me...

Is there a chance of Pokémon GO being region locked like Miitomo was? Please say no.
Pokémon Shuffle isn't region locked, so I'm hopeful, but considering Miitomo and Pokémon GO are much more important games, I'm a bit worried.

:231:

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This reminds me...

Is there a chance of Pokémon GO being region locked like Miitomo was? Please say no.
Pokémon Shuffle isn't region locked, so I'm hopeful, considering Miitomo and Pokémon GO are much more important games, I'm a bit worried.

:231:
I sincerely doubt it. The game is all about going around and meeting people. No reason for it to be regionlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom