• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Because "EVIL SJWS" don't have as much control in game development as you think they do
I would like to point out that SJWs got GTAV banned from Austallian stores and are the reason Dead or Alive Extrem 3 isn't being released outside of Asia.

I'm just saying SJW's being the reason for that censorship isn't completely unreasonable. I won't go around saying that's the definitive reason why it was censored, unlike you who thinks the pose not fitting the character is the only plausable answer as to why it was removed, when the statement that they gave does not suggest that.

This is actually pretty similar to the censorship of SFV; they said they censored it because they didn't want to offend anyone, or are you going to try and argue it was because R. Mika slapping her ass didn't fit her character?

I've defended gaming companies who had done controversial things in the past too, but I wouldn't dismiss the negative things people had to say about them so easily.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's weird how...
*Sacred Stones and Fates spoilers*
...Vigarde is basically the same as Garon
Except Vigarde was done right
And Valter is Hans, but cool
Riev is Iago, but, again, done right
Caellach is just there though
I'd say he's Takumi

It's just like Ignatius's paralogue in Conquest
I needed Replicate, Freeze staves and rush to him with Xander+Benny by the time of Chapter 27
Ignatius would die to the two ninjas by turn 3 if I didn't
For comparation purposes, I did the paralogue earlier on my other save and he couldn't even be scratched by the same Ninjas
They should have either promoted the kids or fix the level increase in enemies
Or just give me control over him so I could use the Child Seal on him
I beat it a little while ago. I paired corrin and shigure. The rest of the team killed everyone within in range and north of the start. while takumi activated the first dragon vein to increase range. Then second turn, corrin got in range to save him, while everyone else moved up and beat the nearest enemies. After that, it was easy, and I cleared them out fast.

The supports between shigure, shiro, ryouma,and azura are pretty sweet. I like them.
Even if Azura's is the same for any mom.

EDIT:

Here's you Sun and Moon Leak of the Day!
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25760077/pokemon-sun-moon-starters-and-information

Supposedly this was posted real quick to serebii, but taken down. If those are official starters, I don't know how I feel about them. It fits the simple design theme, but way to well...

The details are cool though. But banking on fake.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Brotherhood is great
It never felt like the plot was dragging on with stupid filler
FMA in general is great though
Roy will always be best character

You never did?
How can you like Yang then? She's basically a female Edward!
:troll:
Yang's Tall.

If anyone is playing Wibble Wobble, what's your team right now?

Mine is here:

Still can't believe that I got a Crankakai Yo-kai. I'm keeping Damona.
Spiiiiite for you getting Damona.

Mine's currently.
Slitheref - Urnaconda - Spenp - Mama Aura - Nurse Tongus

Trying to find where you get an Enefly so I can replace Spenp with a Betterfly. Sacrifice the burst attack for even more stupid healing potency.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
D

Deleted member

The time has come...
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459291765334.png

Guess what? She activated Great Shield against Vigarde
1% trigger rate
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459292097235.png

That was a crit
Geez, Amelia is really pissed with what her emperor did
I beat it a little while ago. I paired corrin and shigure. The rest of the team killed everyone within in range and north of the start. while takumi activated the first dragon vein to increase range. Then second turn, corrin got in range to save him, while everyone else moved up and beat the nearest enemies. After that, it was easy, and I cleared them out fast.

The supports between shigure, shiro, ryouma,and azura are pretty sweet. I like them.

EDIT:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25760077/pokemon-sun-moon-starters-and-information

Supposedly this was posted real quick to serebii, but taken down. If those are official starters, I don't know how I feel about them. It fits the simple design theme, but way to well...

Looks fake
And by that, I mean: "I HOPE it is fake"
Yang's Tall.

Spiiiiite for you getting Damona.

Mine's currently.
Slitheref - Urnaconda - Spenp - Mama Aura - Nurse Tongus

Trying to find where you get an Enefly so I can replace Spenp with a Betterfly. Sacrifice the burst attack for even more stupid healing potency.
They both need to ask their siblings for a hand though

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I saw a comment on youtube that an Air attack that spikes is the character's "Worst Move" in their moveset.

Wut:confused:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That snake has a funny nose.
I want it.
It looks like a fire ekans lol.

I saw someone say it should get coil and inferno.

If this happened, that would be the starter I chose no doubt.

Serpieor already is good with this ( and thinking about it, that kind of makes this less credible, as starters don't repeat usually), so this could be a nice benefit.

EDIT:
Nintendo changed their twitter banner:
Screenshot (65).png

It's nice, and simple!

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Serpieor already is good with this ( and thinking about it, that kind of makes this less credible, as starters don't repeat usually), so this could be a nice benefit.
Serperior doesn't really use Coil, it just spams Leaf Storm with Contrary.

I found a snake with nose XD

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I would like to point out that SJWs got GTAV banned from Austallian stores and are the reason Dead or Alive Extrem 3 isn't being released outside of Asia.

I'm just saying SJW's being the reason for that censorship isn't completely unreasonable. I won't go around saying that's the definitive reason why it was censored, unlike you who thinks the pose not fitting the character is the only plausable answer as to why it was removed, when the statement that they gave does not suggest that.

This is actually pretty similar to the censorship of SFV; they said they censored it because they didn't want to offend anyone, or are you going to try and argue it was because R. Mika slapping her *** didn't fit her character?

I've defended gaming companies who had done controversial things in the past too, but I wouldn't dismiss the negative things people had to say about them so easily.
Because the evil SJW boogeyman is out to ruin our games

There was a post regarding how the pose didn't fit the character, Blizzard removed it in response. They then claimed it was for ethical reasons, which not fitting the character is still an ethical reason. Capcom altered R. Mika's butt slap because they felt it'd make the game more inclusive to other audiences.

Things get cut and altered all the time for different reasons, but when a game dev cuts out sexual content (or in Ubisoft's case, downgrades graphics), you get a bunch of people up at arms complaining about how some boogeyman is destroying video games as we know it. No, it's not. Game Devs change things all the time. Bethesda removed the nuking of Megaton from the Japanese release of Fallout 3 to help make it more marketable in the area. If you have the Japanese version of the game, it is impossible to start the mission without modifying the game.

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite
went through a ton of changes. Over the course of development, Irrational had a different image for her character, ranging from a mute to someone highly expressive.

Bungie's Halo 2 ends on a cliffhanger, not because they decided they had to end like that, but because Halo 2 was supposed to be a much bigger game, but due to time constraints a lot of content had to be cut, such as an entire third of it's story.

Things being changed and cut isn't controversial, it's normal and it happens for a number of reasons, but rarely are they because "THE SJWS DEMANDED IT!!!!! DDDDX". If Blizzard removing a pose bothers you so much, then you better be bothered by this cut animation from Brawl

Else this entire situation is blown out of proportion for no reason.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

EDIT:

It doesn't look to be in Sugimori style, and the Grass and Fire starters don't really look like the correct body types to be starters. Starters either tend to be bipedal/have little hands or be proper quadrupeds, and the Grass one in particular looks much more like a regional bird than a starter. The heads and eyes of the starters also have proportions that seem to be a bit. . .off. . .compared to that of currently existing starters.

What leaves me the most skeptical, however. . . I'm having this thing where I'm seeing an unfortunate uncanny resemblance to something. The brown color and coiling of the Fire type starter keeps reminding me of a certain artistic shorthand for something. . .

I can't really properly tell what the Water type starter looks like from this image due to how blurry it is. Come to think of it, blurriness is usually a bad sign with leaks. . .

That said, if this were somehow real, the Grass starter DOES look kind of cute, it just doesn't really look like a starter.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is it just me, or does the Water Starter look like Chespin?

Also in terms of this while butt thing I could care less. I personally don't see a problem with it (and hell was pretty tame compared to other games), but it was also mostly just there to me.
Then again maybe I'm just burned out by all the other attacks at the apparent evils of censorship.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For those of you who are interested in Smash Bros for Wii U modding, apparently there is a new system update coming up on March 31 so you might want to block it for now until we know if its safe or not to update.

I know a few of you where interested in doing some Smash Bros for Wii U mods ( ChikoLad ChikoLad @Champ Black and a few others who briefly slipped my mind... sorry) so just a heads up for you all, especially if this new update patches the private exploit for 5.5. ^^

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
For those of you who are interested in Smash Bros for Wii U modding, apparently there is a new system update coming up on March 31 so you might want to block it for now until we know if its safe or not to update.

I know a few of you where interested in doing some Smash Bros for Wii U mods ( ChikoLad ChikoLad @Champ Black and a few others who briefly slipped my mind... sorry) so just a heads up for you all, especially if this new update patches the private exploit for 5.5. ^^
If you don't upgrade you can't play online right? That's pretty much the biggest reason I haven't tried blocking updates yet.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If you don't upgrade you can't play online right? That's pretty much the biggest reason I haven't tried blocking updates yet.
I can't remember if the system updates affects in games online or whether it only effects whenever a given game itself has an update. But I believe I recall them saying that the exploit has a firmware spoof where you can trick the system into thinking that you are on the latest update and still have access to online and everything from there.

At least from what I understood. I don't even know if the firmware spoof has been ported for 5.5 or if its still on the earlier firmwares so I'll have to look further into that.

I suppose if you're unsure, you can block the system update for now until there is a definite answer to that and then unblock it and update if you changed your mind. Blocking system updates still gives you access to playing games online.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
From what I gather, you can still play games online as long as you update just the games.

Blocking just the system firmware updates means you can't access Nintendo's services like eShop and Miiverse, but the games run independently of the firmware. At least, that's what I've heard. I'm not 100% sure, but there's no harm in trying.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Because the evil SJW boogeyman is out to ruin our games

There was a post regarding how the pose didn't fit the character, Blizzard removed it in response. They then claimed it was for ethical reasons, which not fitting the character is still an ethical reason. Capcom altered R. Mika's butt slap because they felt it'd make the game more inclusive to other audiences.

Things get cut and altered all the time for different reasons, but when a game dev cuts out sexual content (or in Ubisoft's case, downgrades graphics), you get a bunch of people up at arms complaining about how some boogeyman is destroying video games as we know it. No, it's not. Game Devs change things all the time. Bethesda removed the nuking of Megaton from the Japanese release of Fallout 3 to help make it more marketable in the area. If you have the Japanese version of the game, it is impossible to start the mission without modifying the game.

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite
went through a ton of changes. Over the course of development, Irrational had a different image for her character, ranging from a mute to someone highly expressive.

Bungie's Halo 2 ends on a cliffhanger, not because they decided they had to end like that, but because Halo 2 was supposed to be a much bigger game, but due to time constraints a lot of content had to be cut, such as an entire third of it's story.

Things being changed and cut isn't controversial, it's normal and it happens for a number of reasons, but rarely are they because "THE SJWS DEMANDED IT!!!!! DDDDX". If Blizzard removing a pose bothers you so much, then you better be bothered by this cut animation from Brawl

Else this entire situation is blown out of proportion for no reason.
It still stands that GTAV was removed from Australlian stores and DoAE3 isn't being released outside of Asia because people get too offended.

I usually don't care about content being changed or removed from games. I didn't complain about Fates or Xenoblade X, because I believe the changes that were made were justified. The idea of of a company bending to a persons demands and removing OPTIONAL content because people are personally offended is what I find dumb. If EA truly removed it because they personally didn't think it fit then that's fine. I just don't want people ruining things for others because they need everything to be the way they want it.

Ivander

Smash Legend

*looks at Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar*

In all seriousness though, anything is possible. Plus, it's not like some starters don't have similarities, like Torchic/Piplup.

D

Deleted member

Now that I've finished the Ephraim's route exclusive maps, I decided to do a mini-review
I personally enjoyed the Eirika maps more
Chapters 13 and 14 were well done though
There are a few(who am I kidding, there are a lot) inconsitencies though
Like Saleh taking Ewan to a tlwn in Southern Gradon and going all the way back to the mountains of Carcino to meet up with Eirika
Eirika's route does a better job at developing(as in, making you hate them) Valter and Caellach while in Ephraim's they appear in one chapter and don't do much
Glen disappeared just like his brother in my first playthrough :^)
Speaking of which, Cormag is just... there, he shows up and "alright, I'll fight with ya" and that's it
Ephraim's route does help to develop Ephraim himself(who is really underutilised in his sister's route), Duessel(who is kind of forgotten in Eirika until Chapter 15 where it's revealed he is with Ephraim while here his position regarding the war is explored more) and especially Selena
Damn, her characterization was great and the build up to her fight was well done, but she does steal the spotlight from everyone else, a lot

I still prefer the overall characterization Eirika's route gives
Joshua being the prince of Jehanna and making him fight Caellach
Cormag seeking revenge for his brother
Innes as a whole
And making damn sure you hate Caellach and Valter by Chapter 15
Tl;dr Eirika's route>Ephraim's route

This makes me realize how the pacing of SS is great
The game is short(only 22 chapters in one playthrough, 6 exclusive to each route) but it doesn't like the plot is rushed
The build-up to most bosses is done greatly, you feel like "alright, it is time to do it" when you face them and feel satisfied when you do beat them, something I don't think a certain recent game has done goodly
It's easy but it's fun, the game is great to play to just calm down and relax
Besides, I'd rather never have something like Chapter 26 ever again

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Serperior doesn't really use Coil, it just spams Leaf Storm with Contrary.

I found a snake with nose XD

I know, coil is great for the main game playthroughs, but is not used online really. it can be good, but you need a decent setup into it. Like if you can put the pokemon to sleep or paralyze them, and switch and get lucky, then coil can get off and be pretty deadly. It's hard to do and not ideal, but it's worth trying depending on who your up against.

And dat snake though....
Plus it's green so that must de bunk the leak!
:p

It doesn't look to be in Sugimori style, and the Grass and Fire starters don't really look like the correct body types to be starters. Starters either tend to be bipedal/have little hands or be proper quadrupeds, and the Grass one in particular looks much more like a regional bird than a starter. The heads and eyes of the starters also have proportions that seem to be a bit. . .off. . .compared to that of currently existing starters.

What leaves me the most skeptical, however. . . I'm having this thing where I'm seeing an unfortunate uncanny resemblance to something. The brown color and coiling of the Fire type starter keeps reminding me of a certain artistic shorthand for something. . .

I can't really properly tell what the Water type starter looks like from this image due to how blurry it is. Come to think of it, blurriness is usually a bad sign with leaks. . .

That said, if this were somehow real, the Grass starter DOES look kind of cute, it just doesn't really look like a starter.
Yeah the art style isn't ken Sugimori, but they have another artist to, but even then they don't look like real pokemon, plus the blurriness makes it worse. If it were somehow real, the justification would be that they had to snap pics fast, and carefully, but that's unlikely.
Grass is definitely like a regional bird. Water is suppose to be an iguana but it looks really weird if that's the case.
Is it just me, or does the Water Starter look like Chespin?

Also in terms of this while butt thing I could care less. I personally don't see a problem with it (and hell was pretty tame compared to other games), but it was also mostly just there to me.
Then again maybe I'm just burned out by all the other attacks at the apparent evils of censorship.
It kind of does look like an over designed and distorted chespin....
*looks at Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar*

In all seriousness though, anything is possible. Plus, it's not like some starters don't have similarities, like Torchic/Piplup.
By similarities, they usually do not use the same animal, but similar designs is possible.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It still stands that GTAV was removed from Australlian stores and DoAE3 isn't being released outside of Asia because people get too offended.

I usually don't care about content being changed or removed from games. I didn't complain about Fates or Xenoblade X, because I believe the changes that were made were justified. The idea of of a company bending to a persons demands and removing OPTIONAL content because people are personally offended is what I find dumb. If EA truly removed it because they personally didn't think it fit then that's fine. I just don't want people ruining things for others because they need everything to be the way they want it.
It also stands that Australia bans games all the time. Here, have a list of their banned games.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia
Hell, every GTA since GTA III was banned there at some point, so GTAV being banned isn't anything new. It wasn't banned because of the boogeyman, it was banned because Australia is really strict with their games.

Oh, and about DOA Extreme 3, pretty sure the boogeyman was just used as a scapegoat there too. I keep seeing people claim that "SJWs" stopped the game from coming out of Asia, but I don't recall ever seeing anything like that. If anything, considering how poorly DOA sales in comparison to other fighters, and how even more poorly the Extreme titles sell, they probably just didn't think it was worth the effort to localize, but still wanted sales from overseas. Let's be honest, would you even be talking about DOAE3 if they never blamed it on SJWs?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not picking any sides here, but I did also want to mention that as a whole DoA Extreme has been critically panned. Both it and its sequel.
If anything the more logical reason why it didn't come here was because it wasn't worth the low sales.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Not picking any sides here, but I did also want to mention that as a whole DoA Extreme has been critically panned. Both it and its sequel.
If anything the more logical reason why it didn't come here was because it wasn't worth the low sales.
My point. Localization is costly. First one sold okay, second one sold bad, and DoA in general doesn't sell well in the West. The third one was probably seen as just not being worth the cost and therefore isn't being localized (despite having localized content iirc). And to make sure the West knew about it, it was blamed on the boogeyman

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
A petition with a lot of backers got GTAV removed from Target specifically.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...e/news-story/44babbe6184dded48e4c2c9dfdbb72e5

A representative of Koei Tecmo who ran the Facebook page stated.
"Do you know many issues happening in video game industry with regard to how to treat female in video game industry? We do not want to talk those things here. But certainly we have gone through in last year or two to come to our decision. Thank you."
http://www.gamezone.com/news/dead-o...america-over-fears-of-sexism-backlash-3430261

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So in Killer Instinct, Rash's full taunt is 11 seconds long.

That's pretty hilarious. Thank goodness taunts can be cancelled.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is this new? I think it is
Yes, pretty interesting choice, not bad!

BUT EVERYBODY STOP WHAT YOUR DOING!

It has been confirmed that the classic Nintendo 64 title, Pokémon Snap, is to be released on the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan on Wednesday next week for 1,028¥. It's not currently known if it will have any additional features, since the Wii version of the game allowed for you to share photos taken on the Wii Message Board. This is the first release of this game globally on the Wii U and we'll bring more on this game, including any additional mechanics as it comes

They remembered pokemon Snap existed!

Burruni

Smash Hero

It has been confirmed that the classic Nintendo 64 title, Pokémon Snap, is to be released on the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan on Wednesday next week for 1,028¥. It's not currently known if it will have any additional features, since the Wii version of the game allowed for you to share photos taken on the Wii Message Board. This is the first release of this game globally on the Wii U and we'll bring more on this game, including any additional mechanics as it comes

POKEMON SNAP 2 WHEN!??!!??!!?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Do you not watch subs? Not that it's an issue, just curious
If I can help it, I will watch a dub over a subs.

Not that there is anything wrong with subs, but I just prefer watching in English because I feel like I can get invested easier, and because I feel like I wouldn't know how to appreciate the difference between good and bad voice acting in Japanese.

I only watch subs if:

-It's something I feel will not be dubbed (Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals, though that DID get a dub eventually)
-The dub was cancelled part way through (F-Zero anime)
-The voice acting is bad in the English dub or it alters key elements too much for censorship or something, making the show a lot worse (Sonic X)

If an English dub is at least tolerable then yeah, I watch it dubbed.

A lot of people have been telling me to watch One-Punch Man, but I felt a dub was inevitable considering how popular and successful it is, so I held off.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
So in Killer Instinct, Rash's full taunt is 11 seconds long.

That's pretty hilarious. Thank goodness taunts can be cancelled.
Rash's stuff is so good in general. His taunt messages are great too.
"Do you even lift bro?" And something along the lines of "Check out my RAREWARE!" For example.

Tusk's are great for being Arnie quotes.

So the whole "Wii U was literally made for Pokemon Snap" complaints finally reached Japan?

AN ENTIRE GENERATION TOO LATE NINTENDO

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the whole "Wii U was literally made for Pokemon Snap" complaints finally reached Japan?

AN ENTIRE GENERATION TOO LATE NINTENDO
Were're just going to have to start early and complain to Japan to have Pokemon Snap on the NX!

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I do not like it in Pokken Online when in the 2nd round when I win first round that just right after I hit my opponent they imminently use Cresslia to recover that little health on their bar they just lost.

I mean it's not frustrating, but I find that a little stupid that they wasted it early, and its annoying.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

That's good to hear. Last thing Smash 4 needs is yet another option that divides the community. I'm not completely against mods, but I'd rather see them be implemented later into the game's lifespan, not a few weeks after the latest balance patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom