• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There actually are some crazy Smash Wii U mods involving editing moveset data. Nothing in the way of being able to make an entirely new character or moves yet, but in terms of editing the parameters of what's already there, you can already go pretty nuts with that, it would seem. It's already possible to make something equivalent to something like Brawl Minus, or even something similar to Project M's core concept (i.e. making the game more Melee-like). Basically, we already have more or less the same capabilities as the official dev team when it comes to re-balancing and changing characters. It's also already possible to make something similar to Turbo Mode. You can see all of that here.

Also, I'm not gonna give out the name or provide the link because I am not sure on the rules regarding it. But I will say, there is a 3DS emulator in development, and it has been for a while now. It seems to be coming along pretty nicely, with some games already running near perfectly on it. Smash 3DS still needs time to get working (apparently games that have patches and DLC are more complicated to run on it), but once they iron that out, the floodgates on Smash 3DS modding should be completely blown up, because modding a game via emulator is way cheaper, easier, and more convenient (since you can keep your actual 3DS for legitimate, vanilla games and what not) than doing it through the actual hardware it runs on.

D

Deleted member

Finally beat Birthright, and it's definitely the easiest FE game I've played thus far (which is everything bar FE4/5/Conquest/Revelations). The only extra chapter I played was Paralogue 1.

+Story better than Awakening.
+My Castle has potential for multiplayer.
+Amiibo Content
+Gameplay is more balanced than Awakening.

=Weapon revamps are a mixed bag.

-Story still has no world-building and plenty of plotholes.
-Difficulty feels artificial due to poor map design. Ex. Chp. 21
-Dragon Vein adds nothing strategy-wise and is a useless gimmick.
-My Castle feels out of place for the main campaign.
-Children characters couldn't be any more shoehorned in.
-Recruitment is limited.
-Sexual content adds nothing of note, not even character development-wise.

The game reeks of IS trying too hard to appeal to as many people as possible. I think that's the best way to summarize it. There's way too many things that feel unnecessary or shoehorned that do take away from some potentially good ideas.
1-Not hard to top anyways
2-"Potential' is the keyword, 90% of online are hacked stuff
3-I kinda like the weapon changes, not having to worry about durability is something great to me because I never used special weapons before until the very last chapter
4-I miss the worldbuilding intros the GBA games had
5-Dragon Veins are utilized way better in Conquest, especially in Chapters 8 and 24
6-What kind of sexual content? *looks behind the Cavalier's model* oh...

But is the game easier than SS? Like, is it THAT easy?

Burruni

Smash Hero
1-Not hard to top anyways
2-"Potential' is the keyword, 90% of online are hacked stuff
3-I kinda like the weapon changes, not having to worry about durability is something great to me because I never used special weapons before until the very last chapter
4-I miss the worldbuilding intros the GBA games had
5-Dragon Veins are utilized way better in Conquest, especially in Chapters 8 and 24
6-What kind of sexual content? *looks behind the Cavalier's model* oh...

But is the game easier than SS? Like, is it THAT easy?
Arguably yes.
Because Ryoma carries harder than even Seth.

D

Deleted member

Arguably yes.
Well, kind of. Birthright in general is just easier, and just very easy throughout unless you try to take down King Garon in the Opera House, which is nigh impossible because his stats are even better then when you actually fight him.

And as you know, you get Xander in conquest.

....Who ironically was a better swordmaster in revalations then ryoma. :p

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
GiivaSunner continues to demonstrate their genius:

D

Deleted member

Arguably yes.
Even without using Seth, SS is very easy
Then again, grinding and units like Joshua trivialize anything
Well, kind of. Birthright in general is just easier, and just very easy throughout unless you try to take down King Garon in the Opera House, which is nigh impossible because his stats are even better then when you actually fight him.

And as you know, you get Xander in conquest.

....Who ironically was a better swordmaster in revalations then ryoma. :p
Well, you aren't supposed to even fight him anyways, they want to make sure that not even grinding can make it easy

Xander is balanced though, he'll kill anything that isn't a Wary Fighter General and takes physical hits like they're nothing but his poor speed and resitance make him a walking target for mages
Dunno if Ryoma is balanced or it's just that he's what Xander would be in an easier game
But canonically, Xander is probably one of the most powerful characters in the Fates universe
For comparison, Xander is holding back in his Birthright fight while Ryoma is full on revenge mode in Conquest

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As the latest update will probably patch the latest exploit (and if not, then the waiting time will only be extended even further) this will thus only be of use to those who chose to stay on an earlier firmware. Currently, there isn't as much that can be done yet with Smash Bros for Wii U as far as gameplay is concerned (in fact, I think more of that has been done for the 3DS version from what I've seen) so something like another Project M and whatnot is still sometime off as far as I know. (If anyone is even interested in doing that as I think I recall the developers stating that they weren't interested in doing another one for Smash 4.....)

Just cosmetic things such as music, sound and texture hacks are possible right now. Imports are also slowly becoming a thing though such as the Metal Cavern stage from Smash 64 which has partly been brought over now.

That's all I know so far in regards to what is possible and what's not so far. Its just a heads up for those who wish to do some extra stuff with Smash Bros for Wii U if they want to as I know sonicbrawler for example wanted to try out some of his modifications such as his cosmic Rosalina for himself in game.
How do you switch off the updates? Usually when an update happens my Wii U automatically starts it when I start up Smash Bros. Do I go to Settings to switch it off?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
All the stuff on streams, dealing with certain users here in a certain section of this forum, and seeing on the net in-general I'm glad people are starting to speak up about this cause as someone who loves Melee, the Melee community is really making it hard for Smash to co exist.

Like, it's very evident it's the Melee community as they invented a meme "Tr4sh", where as Melee has none. Why? because people aren't interested in smack talking the game, they want to play their game. However, Melee players? They blame Smash 4 players, and even on this site in a certain sesction of this forums they blame them for this "new age" posting and the cause of all recent issues and preferred things the old way.

Time to get with the timess, guys. Not everything stays the same forever, and even if I like Melee the most, I'm not gonna bully anyone for liking what they like, including Brawl which I really do not like at all.
I know this is against the norm on this social. But the Smash 4 community isn't all perfect either.

Constant attacks on the Melee community for playing an old game. Blatantly lying about the game, and being rude for no reason to the community. I'm with you in that I love Melee. But the behavior isn't one sided from the Melee community.

It doesn't help that most of the people that mindlessly hate Melee are obviously children, while the people hating on Smash 4 are usually older fans of the series. Thus you get into this endless circle of attacks and hate.

One Unit cannot and will not happen. However, there's no reason that the community can't identify under one banner.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Since Starfy just got announced and I've been meaning to ask this question anyways, what are the top 5 characters you guys want as costumes in Mario Maker?

:094:
1. Geno and Mallow
2. Classic FF characters (Black Mage, Warrior of light and others)
3. Ridley
4. King K. Rool and Dixie kong and the whole Donkey Kong 64 team.
5. Joy mech fight characters.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What's that? Fanbases are as a whole ****ty and constantly throw around bile?
News to me...

Also I've gotten up to the section of Earthbound where I can fight thing. I think I'm gonna like this game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How do you switch off the updates? Usually when an update happens my Wii U automatically starts it when I start up Smash Bros. Do I go to Settings to switch it off?
The terminology might differ from region to region, but go to the Settings Menu, and go to Power Options. There should be an option that says "Standby Functions". You have to disable that.

Please note, however, this also disables usage of the Quick Start Menu.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The terminology might differ from region to region, but go to the Settings Menu, and go to Power Options. There should be an option that says "Standby Functions". You have to disable that.

Please note, however, this also disables usage of the Quick Start Menu.
Is Quick Start Menu the same as the Home Menu?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is Quick Start Menu the same as the Home Menu?
No, it's the little menu that pops up on the GamePad when you switch on your system, and displays the most recent software you have used. It also sometimes pops up with eShop advertisements. It is a standby function and doesn't require the system to be turned on, which is why disabling standby functions disables it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Chapter 26 of birthright;

What the hell? They killed elise! That's not cool! I liked her and she literally was stabbed in the back. Damn. And they played the game over screen music. That made the scene even sadder. And from the looks of it, Xander is dying at the end here. I could literally beat this level in one move, but I want the experience from his enemies.

D

Deleted member

Well, you aren't supposed to even fight him anyways, they want to make sure that not even grinding can make it easy

Xander is balanced though, he'll kill anything that isn't a Wary Fighter General and takes physical hits like they're nothing but his poor speed and resitance make him a walking target for mages
Dunno if Ryoma is balanced or it's just that he's what Xander would be in an easier game
But canonically, Xander is probably one of the most powerful characters in the Fates universe
For comparison, Xander is holding back in his Birthright fight while Ryoma is full on revenge mode in Conquest
1. Yeah, I know you aren't. Hence why it's an escape mission. Heck, I didn't even try to take on xander in that mission. I just killed some units for xp and left. But it is pretty funny to try to take on Garon at that point. :p

2. Ryoma's actually sligtly weaker then Xander. But to be fair, they are built differently. Ryoma is faster while Xander is stronger. And Ryoma relies more on dodging while Xander is a lot more defensive.(Though dodges a ton of things anyway.)

But yes, canonically you're correct, Xander is definitely stronger. And like you said, he almost completely holds completely(as a result, you can complete the wuest in 1-2 turns.) While Ryoma on the other hand is completely bloodlusted on killing you.

So yes, you'd be correct. Though having both side by side in revaltions is pretty sweet.

Also, you get Ryoma chapters earlier in birthright, so he makes all those chapters very easy.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You can make use of Tubehax DNS (provided by Smealum) in order to block updates.
Just go to your internet settings and choose to not auto-obtain DNS, then follow on by including the primary and secondary DNS code provided.

Tubehax DNS blocks not only firmware updates, but also Youtube on your Wii U (Although there is an alternate site where you can watch youtube video's anyway) as well as the eShop. So if there is anything you need from the eShop, you might want to sort that out first before you open up Tubehax DNS so it would be a bit less of a hassle later on. You can still play games online though.

Hope that helps. ^^

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Every time I expect one thing, this channel throws me for a complete loop instead! But that's what makes it so great!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is literally the best chapter in all of FE and no one can convince me otherwise
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459354423417.png

Desert map done right

Top 10 Anime Battles

1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459356988467.png

1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459357076540.png
MY 3DS SHOULD ARRIVE ON FRIDAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Play EO nerd

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Batman vs Superman sucked in a way that it was mediocre but that makes it bad.

Best part is Wonderwoman

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beat Chapter 26:
Yup Xander died, but it was still super said, didn't expect that dialog!

And if you let perri and Laslow live, do they get any dialog?

D

Deleted member

Beat Chapter 26:

Yes, and they would have lived if you weren't so hungry for exp
Not actually, you technically do spare them if you don't fight them but nothing changes and they're never mentioned again

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Why does Japan love Machamp so much now?

Also Pokémon Dash may be going mobile:
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25769316/of-all-the-games-they-could-have-brought-to

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25769316/of-all-the-games-they-could-have-brought-to

Easy to fake but feels somewhat real to me....
Yes, and they would have lived if you weren't so hungry for exp
Not actually, you technically do spare them if you don't fight them but nothing changes and they're never mentioned again
I see. I honestly didn't care to much for the EXP, it just felt cheap to have corrin one shot Xander lol.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Gamespot dun goofed and "leaked" the FF:XV release date
Oh and there's a new demo

what they left out is the 2027 part

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Beat Chapter 26:

I remember getting really emotional during Xander's death too. For me, the most heartbreaking part was when he talked about his favorite memory: sharing a laugh with you and the other Nohrian siblings at the dinner table and how his happiest memories are the ones where everyone in the family has a laugh. For me, when someone recollects on their life right before death, it makes me feel sorrowful, and it especially hit me when Xander discussed that memory bit right after saying "Dry your tears, sweet prince," words that are supposed to calm you down... but as it turns out, such words were only the calm before the saddest part kicked in.

I have a feeling that I'm going to find Ryoma's death more emotional though (yes, I know what happens to Ryoma in Conquest, but I only seen a few stills from that cutscene, not the entire thing) because I played Birthright first, and from most comments I've seen around the internet, they say that the sadder royal sibling death usually comes down to which version you played first. We'll see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I remember getting really emotional during Xander's death too. For me, the most heartbreaking part was when he talked about his favorite memory: sharing a laugh with you and the other Nohrian siblings at the dinner table and how his happiest memories are the ones where everyone in the family has a laugh. For me, when someone recollects on their life right before death, it makes me feel sorrowful, and it especially hit me when Xander discussed that memory bit right after saying "Dry your tears, sweet prince," words that are supposed to calm you down... but as it turns out, such words were only the calm before the saddest part kicked in.

I have a feeling that I'm going to find Ryoma's death more emotional though (yes, I know what happens to Ryoma in Conquest, but I only seen a few stills from that cutscene, not the entire thing) because I played Birthright first, and from most comments I've seen around the internet, they say that the sadder royal sibling death usually comes down to which version you played first. We'll see.
Ryoma's is sad, but I feel that Xander's is worse. they both realize that being the crown prince means they must accept their fate even though corrin doesn't want anyone to die. Both are pretty sad though. I played conquest first so it definitely depends on the version. If you play conquest first, Xander's will probably be sadder. Especially with the line:
"perhaps if this were an different universe you could be ended the war at my side peacefully.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Common Filth's 10th vie marathon is coming in less than 30 minutes. I hope I can handle the vibrancy.
So yeah, the meta crystal stage mod. Super Mega Buster got it fully working now it seems.

That's pretty exciting to see.
"This is not an import, but a vertex edit of another stage."

Awww. Still progress, though. Just so you know, if it gets to the point where you can import stuff, I can make models that can be used. (since I don't have a Wii U and can't do it myself). Give credit though, as you'd only be doing the importing while I'd be doing the work on everything else.

-----

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe it will learn some of this moves in Sun/Moon:

Overheat
Psycho Boost
V-Create
Leaf Storm
Draco Meteor
Close Combat
Hammer Arm

Or an exclusive Dark Super Power attack.
Well, 2 of those are also fighting

and the others are special based

Although Psycho Boost MIGHT contribute to him because of it's power and STAB even though he has a horrible special attack

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
"This is not an import, but a vertex edit of another stage."

Awww. Still progress, though. Just so you know, if it gets to the point where you can import stuff, I can make models that can be used. (since I don't have a Wii U and can't do it myself). Give credit though, as you'd only be doing the importing while I'd be doing the work on everything else.

-----
I'm hoping to work on a few basic stage models too if/once it becomes possible to do some imports for this game. It might take a while until it becomes possible, things are progressing on a good pace though from the looks of things.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well holy ****...

I don't think I really need to state how great the Hyrule Warriors' soundtrack is, but this song...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom