• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Miitomo Fight.png

Another day another Miitomo image. Glad to see the Nintendo decided to release Miitomo by the skin of March's teeth :facepalm::rolleyes:

EDIT- changed their expressions to better suit the situation :laugh:

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Since Starfy just got announced and I've been meaning to ask this question anyways, what are the top 5 characters you guys want as costumes in Mario Maker?

:094:
Vaati
Masked Man
Geno
Saki Amamiya
Goku

In no particular order. Note how most of these are just an excuse for Nintendo to remember they exist and the other is Goku.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I have a question, is Starfy weak or something in his games? Why is his Assist Trophy so bad?
His spin is actually a killing move he uses in his games from what I know.

Being a plushy version of a Starfish and being out of water may have to do with it. Along with that he got the Goldeen treatment of being that one that is useless for no real reason.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
His spin is actually a killing move he uses in his games from what I know.

Being a plushy version of a Starfish and being out of water may have to do with it. Along with that he got the Goldeen treatment of being that one that is useless for no real reason.
It's obviously because Starfy looks like Kirby and Sakurai wanted to make Kirby look superior.
Sakubias!!!1!

jk

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's obviously because Starfy looks like Kirby and Sakurai wanted to make Kirby look superior.
Sakubias!!!1!

jk
Then again, how does one win again a pink, fluffy abomination of nature?
You might as well be fighting against God at that point. It's a losing uphill battle.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I couldn't understand why my Roy amiibo is for some reason incompatible with Mario Maker. I'd love to see him in MM, and characters I'd also like to see include Isaac, Cloud, Bayonetta... Most of them are amiibo characters. Anyways, looking forward to the release of Miitomo within the next hours/day!

D

Deleted member

I've been replaying Pikmin 3 and MAN, i love this game.

It might even be my favorite Wii U game (yes, im serious), it's such a relaxing experience for me whenever i play it.

D

Deleted member

I don't even know what to think anymore, I can slowly feel my brain dying.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is playing Wibble Wobble, what's your team right now?

Mine is here:

Still can't believe that I got a Crankakai Yo-kai. I'm keeping Damona.
Slitheref, Spenp, Jibanyan, Walkappa, and Shmoopie.

Haven't gotten too far yet, but really loving it! Liked the concept of the actual Yo-Kai Watch game, but unfortunately the gameplay didn't click with me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well ****
Someone had to say it. Good to see Omni calling out these morons.

Yes, pretty interesting choice, not bad!

BUT EVERYBODY STOP WHAT YOUR DOING!

It has been confirmed that the classic Nintendo 64 title, Pokémon Snap, is to be released on the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan on Wednesday next week for 1,028¥. It's not currently known if it will have any additional features, since the Wii version of the game allowed for you to share photos taken on the Wii Message Board. This is the first release of this game globally on the Wii U and we'll bring more on this game, including any additional mechanics as it comes

They remembered pokemon Snap existed!
Is this for other regions as well? Cause if so then i'm buying this game ASAP when it launches on Thursday. Freaking love Snap. Here's hoping that the 2 Stadium games see a VC release as well. Spent so many hours in that game as a kid and I would love to see it re-released on the VC. Good timing seeing as RBY was released on the 3DS VC (and there's a possibility that GSC might be released later this year) so the 3DS can act as a Transfer Pack of sorts in the game.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So now I've made it to the wind Waker campaign in Hyrule Warriors...Tetra is so fun right now!

But why does the Helmaroc King just flat-out kidnap her so I can't unlock her right away? And how come I still haven't unlocked Twili Midna, Ghirahim, or Skull Kid yet? Stop teasing me with these characters damnit!!!

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So now I've made it to the wind Waker campaign in Hyrule Warriors...Tetra is so fun right now!

But why does the Helmaroc King just flat-out kidnap her so I can't unlock her right away? And how come I still haven't unlocked Twili Midna, Ghirahim, or Skull Kid yet? Stop teasing me with these characters damnit!!!
try playing adventure mode for characters you havent unlocked

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
try playing adventure mode for characters you havent unlocked
Yeah, I figured Adventure Mode has some of the other characters, but I'm busy with Legends Mode right now, and it seems never ending as the game felt like it ended three times already...lol

Regardless, I'm actually very surprised I haven't unlocked Ghirahim and Zant since I basically was able to use them for the whole Ganondorf campaign...

Anyways I'm just gonna continue playing as this game is addicting AF!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been replaying Pikmin 3 and MAN, i love this game.

It might even be my favorite Wii U game (yes, im serious), it's such a relaxing experience for me whenever i play it.
Pikmin 3 is the only pikmin I've played, and that's because of club Nintendo. It was really fun! I liked it a lot, I can see why it's so popular. I can't wait for 4.
Now please give us details miyamoto!
Someone had to say it. Good to see Omni calling out these morons.

Is this for other regions as well? Cause if so then i'm buying this game ASAP when it launches on Thursday. Freaking love Snap. Here's hoping that the 2 Stadium games see a VC release as well. Spent so many hours in that game as a kid and I would love to see it re-released on the VC. Good timing seeing as RBY was released on the 3DS VC (and there's a possibility that GSC might be released later this year) so the 3DS can act as a Transfer Pack of sorts in the game.
At the moment it is Japan only, but all the random pokemon VC titles they've announced have been getting announced here and there for other regions. so we will probably see it here soon enough.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
DO YOU KNOW WHO ALEX IS?
Well Alex is the Women Slapping, Loud mouthing, Rambo wearing, Sledge Hamming, Parrying-ing, Side Burning, Foot stomping, Hyper tempering, Ease losing, Ryu riding Blonde wresling New Yorker.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
At the moment it is Japan only, but all the random pokemon VC titles they've announced have been getting announced here and there for other regions. so we will probably see it here soon enough.
Region locking sounds like the most stupidest thing ever. Why would you release a game in one region and not release it in the other? Like how they released Advance Wars: Dual Strike in Europe but haven't done so in North America.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Region locking sounds like the most stupidest thing ever. Why would you release a game in one region and not release it in the other? Like how they released Advance Wars: Dual Strike in Europe but haven't done so in North America.
Well for one, that's not what region locking is.

And two:
upload_2016-3-30_0-27-40.png

Yes it did.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Don't you unlock Skull Kid from playing Linkle's first story mission?
Or did I just lazy glance at the text and it just gave you a "history file" about him?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Don't you unlock Skull Kid from playing Linkle's first story mission?
Or did I just lazy glance at the text and it just gave you a "history file" about him?
From what I remember, it's just his history...at least I don't see him selectable with the other characters...usually in the Legends Mode you are able to play as the character either before or after unlocking them, you don't play as Skull Kid in Linkle's first map...

Burruni

Smash Hero
From what I remember, it's just his history...at least I don't see him selectable with the other characters...usually in the Legends Mode you are able to play as the character either before or after unlocking them, you don't play as Skull Kid in Linkle's first map...
You're right. I'm a dumb.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
AAAAAAAAAAUUURGH THEY REMEMBERED STARFY! I absolutely LOVED playing the first game! I had to use an emulator because no Starfy game has been released in Europe sadly. Chandeelure Chandeelure Starfy's not necessarily weak, but unlike most video game characters, Starfy is MUCH better underwater than on land, and the Spin Attack can be used to propel the little guy forward for a speed boost. Though spinning too much makes him dizzy. He also can do Giga Drill Breaker and transform similar to Kirby

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Welp, I have unlocked Toon Link and Ruto after playing some Adventure Mode...This game will not let me go will it? :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess Swamp in the title is gone forever.

Oh well.

EDIT: Looks like its back.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so who remembers 1 minute melee on screw attack?
well if you saw the ippo vs little mac fight and thought "huh that seemed rush turns out theres a pretty good reason
they went and ditched screw attack
so that went from a 5 to a 10 pretty rappidly

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get the point of Malamar

His only purpose is to spam Superpower

Except, he isn't a fighting type...

D

Deleted member

Well ****
All the stuff on streams, dealing with certain users here in a certain section of this forum, and seeing on the net in-general I'm glad people are starting to speak up about this cause as someone who loves Melee, the Melee community is really making it hard for Smash to co exist.

Like, it's very evident it's the Melee community as they invented a meme "Tr4sh", where as Melee has none. Why? because people aren't interested in smack talking the game, they want to play their game. However, Melee players? They blame Smash 4 players, and even on this site in a certain sesction of this forums they blame them for this "new age" posting and the cause of all recent issues and preferred things the old way.

Time to get with the timess, guys. Not everything stays the same forever, and even if I like Melee the most, I'm not gonna bully anyone for liking what they like, including Brawl which I really do not like at all.

D

Deleted member

Melee should just die at this point tbh
It just goes to show how the Smash community is driven by nostalgia
Melee is the only 15 year old game you'll see at places like EVO, I don't see SF games from ten years ago on it
I don't get the point of Malamar

His only purpose is to spam Superpower

Except, he isn't a fighting type...
Thank gods he isn't a fighting type
Jesus christ, I always lose a Pokemon to Xerosic's Malamar in my Nuzlockes, giving stab on that is just going to make things 1.5x worse
BW remakes are made
Your rival has a Contrary Serperior
Rip

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Melee should just die at this point tbh
It just goes to show how the Smash community is driven by nostalgia
Melee is the only 15 year old game you'll see at places like EVO, I don't see SF games from ten years ago on it

Thank gods he isn't a fighting type
Jesus christ, I always lose a Pokemon to Xerosic's Malamar in my Nuzlockes, giving stab on that is just going to make things 1.5x worse
BW remakes are made
Your rival has a Contrary Serperior
Rip
Melee isn't still played because of nostalgia, it's because it's a completely different game to Smash 4/Brawl.

Say what you will about it or it's community but Melee is still the most high level Smash game from a purely technical standpoint and so it has it's appeal, it's own audience. It excels in hyper fast spectacle gameplay, which is great as an e-sport for spectators.

Smash Wii U will die competitively when Smash NX comes out, because Smash NX will likely be more or less the same game in terms of raw mechanics, just like how Smash 4 is basically an improved Brawl gameplay wise. Melee and to a lesser extent, Smash 64, still are their own thing altogether. From a casual standpoint, they don't seem all that different, but competitively, they are completely different games.

And hey, I'll give the Melee community credit for one thing at least - they aren't spoiled by patches, so they actually innovate character's meta games. The Smash 4 community whines for patches on any little thing they can't immediately deal with or get salty over, even at top level - see ZeRo's "Bayonetta Drama" video, as a recent example (which in itself is a hypocritical video on so many levels). This makes Smash 4's community have a lot more stagnant periods than Melee's. People don't innovate as much, because why innovate when things just get patched away anyway?

----------------------

I am surprised this arrived before Pokken.

IMAG0329.jpg

I tried out the new characters in the Wii U version.

My favourites are Linkle and Toon Link. Then Tetra, King Daphnes, and then Skull Kid as my least favourite. They're all pretty fun.

I'm considering buying a New 3DS today, for Legends itself. I have kinda given up on that trip to San Diego, to be perfectly honest.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally beat Birthright, and it's definitely the easiest FE game I've played thus far (which is everything bar FE4/5/Conquest/Revelations). The only extra chapter I played was Paralogue 1.

+Story better than Awakening.
+My Castle has potential for multiplayer.
+Amiibo Content
+Gameplay is more balanced than Awakening.

=Weapon revamps are a mixed bag.

-Story still has no world-building and plenty of plotholes.
-Difficulty feels artificial due to poor map design. Ex. Chp. 21
-Dragon Vein adds nothing strategy-wise and is a useless gimmick.
-My Castle feels out of place for the main campaign.
-Children characters couldn't be any more shoehorned in.
-Recruitment is limited.
-Sexual content adds nothing of note, not even character development-wise.

The game reeks of IS trying too hard to appeal to as many people as possible. I think that's the best way to summarize it. There's way too many things that feel unnecessary or shoehorned that do take away from some potentially good ideas.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's good to hear. Last thing Smash 4 needs is yet another option that divides the community. I'm not completely against mods, but I'd rather see them be implemented later into the game's lifespan, not a few weeks after the latest balance patch.
As the latest update will probably patch the latest exploit (and if not, then the waiting time will only be extended even further) this will thus only be of use to those who chose to stay on an earlier firmware. Currently, there isn't as much that can be done yet with Smash Bros for Wii U as far as gameplay is concerned (in fact, I think more of that has been done for the 3DS version from what I've seen) so something like another Project M and whatnot is still sometime off as far as I know. (If anyone is even interested in doing that as I think I recall the developers stating that they weren't interested in doing another one for Smash 4.....)

Just cosmetic things such as music, sound and texture hacks are possible right now. Imports are also slowly becoming a thing though such as the Metal Cavern stage from Smash 64 which has partly been brought over now.

That's all I know so far in regards to what is possible and what's not so far. Its just a heads up for those who wish to do some extra stuff with Smash Bros for Wii U if they want to as I know sonicbrawler for example wanted to try out some of his modifications such as his cosmic Rosalina for himself in game.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
As the latest update will probably patch the latest exploit (and if not, then the waiting time will only be extended even further) this will thus only be of use to those who chose to stay on an earlier firmware. Currently, there isn't as much that can be done yet with Smash Bros for Wii U as far as gameplay is concerned (in fact, I think more of that has been done for the 3DS version from what I've seen) so something like another Project M and whatnot is still sometime off as far as I know. (If anyone is even interested in doing that as I think I recall the developers stating that they weren't interested in doing another one for Smash 4.....)

Just cosmetic things such as music, sound and texture hacks are possible right now. Imports are also slowly becoming a thing though such as the Metal Cavern stage from Smash 64 which has partly been brought over now.

That's all I know so far in regards to what is possible and what's not so far. Its just a heads up for those who wish to do some extra stuff with Smash Bros for Wii U if they want to as I know sonicbrawler for example wanted to try out some of his modifications such as his cosmic Rosalina for himself in game.
Ah...It's a shame I don't have a Wii U. If I get one for hacks, it'll be on an incompatible firmware.

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom