• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well that changes everything!
Your point is about you wanting Nintendo to speak up about the game so you know it's not dead.

Not even a month ago, the game was confirmed to be in the final stages in development.

Yet your point "still stands".

Huh?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Your point is about you wanting Nintendo to speak up about the game so you know it's not dead.

Not even a month ago, the game was confirmed to be in the final stages in development.

Yet your point "still stands".

Huh?
Maybe I muddled my point a bit.
What I was getting at was video or pictures. Once again, this is a big game, you'd think they would've shown something apart from E3 2014. Interviews only go so far as opposed to seeing the game itself.

But whatever, if he says it's at the end of development, I can't disagree with that.

I'll shut up for now.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I would say a fair point is that Nintendo announce games way too early. Smash and Zelda U being good examples.

No one wants to wait years for one game. Pressure builds on the dev team then too.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I would say a fair point is that Nintendo announce games way too early. Smash and Zelda U being good examples.

No one wants to wait years for one game. Pressure builds on the dev team then too.
I'd say it's less Nintendo and more the industry as a whole. Even mediums like movies are guilty of this.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What I was getting at was video or pictures. Once again, this is a big game, you'd think they would've shown something apart from E3 2014. Interviews only go so far as opposed to seeing the game itself.

But whatever, if he says it's at the end of development, I can't disagree with that.

I'll shut up for now.
We did get a video during that March 2015 time. That was when we had Shiggy and Aonuma in the chairs playing the demo build themselves and we saw actual gameplay, particularly focusing on the adjusted AI for epona and that weird bullet time flip you can do off of your horse.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'll shut up for now.
I get what you are saying, but that doesn't mean it's dead.

The thing people forget is that, Zelda is not a franchise like Smash or Mario Kart, or even Mario, where it's primarily this promotional tool, with less focus on artistic vision and more "you will pick up and play this game for at least 30 minutes everyday until the next installment for a few quick rounds".

Core Zelda games are supposed to be adventures, experiences, with a lot of ambition. If Mario is Nintendo's series that is symbolic of "fun", Zelda symbolises "ambition and experiences".

It is really the sort of game Nintendo SHOULD keep hush hush about.

Hell, even for games like Smash and Mario Kart, I feel Nintendo has made this awful habit lately, of showing 95% of a game's content before it releases. I feel like that's why Smash 4's release didn't ultimately end up as thrilling for me (and a lot of people) as any past game in the series - there was just nothing to discover, unless you were a competitive player. But in terms of content, we knew all of the major things about the game.

Granted, yes, Nintendo really are overdue to show us SOMETHING more on Zelda Wii U, rather than just that same grassy field again. But I don't want this game to become a game that gets this constant stream of news and updates after E3, I just want them to show the basics. Show me a bit of the game's opening, give me a trailer that displays the baseline plot scenario, maybe tease my new companion character if there is one, and show just a montage of "some of the cool stuff you can do in this game", and give me a sense of how big the world is. I don't need to know every detail and location about the game before going into it though, which is what Nintendo have done with a lot of their games recently, and it's hard to avoid this stuff and it can kill a lot of the sense of discovery.

Zelda is the last game I want that to happen to.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tags @False Sense because, well, that's obvious!
Well this is rather interesting.
Well I'm intrigued....

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're doing another full-on cartoon, considering that Sonic Boom is getting it's second season.

But maybe they are doing a one-off cartoon with this guy or something in celebration of the 25th Anniversary.

Or maybe he's just been hired to work on Sonic Boom in some capacity? (Unlikely, but possible)

I've basically already gone through this stage of grief with the Rayman trophies, which is an even worse scenario.
Doubt he's working on sonic boom's cartoon, or a one off one( but that be hilarious). His next show is coming to fox and to be more mature.
He also appears to be under an NDA
I could see that. If that's the case SEGA couldn't have picked a better man.
I'd say he was just visiting( he gets to visit lots of cool places like Game Freak's HQ), but this would hint otherwise.

oh

brace yourselves
Alright this should be pretty funny.
He also appears to be under an NDA
I could see that. If that's the case SEGA couldn't have picked a better man.
If he's writing the next sonic game, then Sega spared no expenses, and if the music and gameplay comes out good, this could arguably make sonic's next game one of the biggest in the franchise, if not the biggest.

Getting pretty hyped. Especially if they bring in the boom writers, and Aaron Webber, then you know we're going have a fun time!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man BvS reviews are super polarizing.

If it's that bad then OMG, this isn't gonna be pretty.

But that's what happens when you're Lex Luthor looks like The Joker with no makeup and wasting Wonder Woman and Doomsday on a movie like this

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd say it's less Nintendo and more the industry as a whole. Even mediums like movies are guilty of this.
Yeah that's true. It seems like a silly marketing tactic, raise hype... let it die... raise hype... let it die.

Just give us 6 months of pure hype. Imagine if the entire Smash 4 journey only went for 6 months, from announcement to release of 3DS.

Obviously us diehards followed every day, but midrange fans would get sick of the waiting.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Another thing to note about Alex posting that Sonic teasing.

Aaron Webber has been doing cryptic teasing all of the time on social media.

Gravity Falls apparently does a lot of cryptic teasing within the show.

I just learned that my parents are divorcing...
I... am shocked... And I was just having a great day.
I'm really sorry to hear that.

Seriously, I don't wish that on anyone.

My mother and dad split up before they even got married.

My mother got married, and split up with the guy. Don't even think they went for an official divorce to this day, he flat out kicked us out and that was the last I saw of him.

And then my mother got another boy friend who was actually really nice, but they couldn't make it work due to various complications (though they are still friends at least).

And then my dad has been through like, 4 or 5 women since splitting up with my mother. Currently on the 6th I think.

I've had a weird life and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh

brace yourselves

Alex Hirsch is most likely just screwing around with us.

Did you guys know that he actually made a hoax image of McGucket beign the author?

If he is doing something related to Sonic, it is most likely being the writer in one or two episodes of the Sonic Boom TV series.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Alex Hirsch is most likely just scewing around with us.

Did you guys know that he actually made a hoax image of McGucket beign the author?

If he is doing something related to Sonic, it is most likely one or two episodes of the Sonic Boom TV series.
I was joking with the "brace yourselves" comment.

That being said, I highly doubt he is just hanging around at SoA HQ casually for no reason, especially when he doesn't seem like he is at liberty to even deconfirm rumours.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm sorry to hear that. This next statement may sound strange, but it may be better this way. I remember in 8th grade, the parents of one of the people I knew at the time were getting divorced. The teacher told him congratulations. I wouldn't say congratulations, but to this day the teacher's reasoning still makes me think.

She brought up how sometimes it works out that way, as the parents may just be having trouble with each other and rather then damage the children, they may split and individually work to help stay connected.

I hope this works out though, and that things get better!

D

Deleted member

I know how it feels.

My Parents divorced back when i was 5 years old. It's been over a decade, yet i still feel somehow guilty about all of this in some manner.

Even though i still see my father during the weekends, im still not over it.

I.....rather not talk about this issue anymore since this is something really personal for me (as in, the "i rather lose my Smashboards account rather than talking about this tidbit of my life" kind of personal). This is one of those topics that i can't talk without starting to feel depressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On a side note, I'm reading the comment's on Alex's post. They are genius:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet

These tweets could lead to some really funny things....

Oh and even if he is still working on the show for an episode, it's not out of the question that he gained info on the new game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regarding divorce, it really depends on how the divorce happens.

If it happens calmly and with level-headedness, with the parents not really hating each other, then great.

If it's like what happened with me, all of a sudden without warning, you'll end up living in virtually a single room in your uncle's house, who happens to have his own issues with his wife at the time (who he has now divorced from). Among many the unfortunate events.

No seriously they way that happened still feels weird.

I was literally at my friend's house after a sleepover which is like, two doors down from where my mother's ex lives, where we lived at the time.

I was just asked to come home all of a sudden with no explanation.

Turns out my mother had intentionally pushed me to sleepover there (not that I had a problem with that but she did seem awfully pushy about it) so I would have my bags partially packed for when she was ready to leave the house after the husband basically trying to kick her out, and then she'd just pack whatever was left while I was gone.

Some awkward stuff happened when she split up with my dad too.

This stuff definitely had an effect on me, it's made more independent and not relying on parental acknowledgment to encourage me in life (because it was hard to get with everything going on), but it's also made me apathetic towards actually finding a girlfriend. Even though I am demi-sexual and would love to really settle with someone who I love dearly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A solid lineup of both first and third party games and full backwards compatibility with GameCube, Wii, and Wii U games, controllers, and accessories. That is all.

I know Nintendo's denial of Nikke's claim will show up here eventually so i'm going to jump one step ahead
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199788
Read this thread.

Particularly this one
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198960824&postcount=38

Note that it isn't even a real deconfirmation either. Pretty much just saying WE NEVER SAID THAT!!!

. . .Dang that sucks

I have no idea what your home life is like but plenty of divorces go through completely cordially. Just try to go through this calmly. Try and stay positive if you can. No promises but there is a distinct possibility things will almost be business as usual or even better for all parties involved. Either way sooner or later things will settle down again. They always do.

Good luck man.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
A solid lineup of both first and third party games and full backwards compatibility with GameCube, Wii, and Wii U games, controllers, and accessories. That is all.
They're going to be wasting a lot of time if they want Wii and Wii U backwards compat. IMO. There's so many accessories they have to account for I just do not think it is worth it for them. Maybe as an attachment down the road...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Man, I'm loving listening to BABYMETAL. J-Pop meets metalcore... I'm sold.

I mean, it's called Kawaii Metal.

KAWAII METAL PEOPLE, ARE YOU LISTENING TO HOW RIDICULOUSLY COOL THAT IS.

Google Babymetal - Karate for an example.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not really sure I believe in marriage anymore

Flip a coin. Heads your marriage will succeed. Tails it will fail. With that rate getting worse too.

I was reading that a lot of people are having ceremonies where they give eachother vows, but not actually married these days

D

Deleted member

They're going to be wasting a lot of time if they want Wii and Wii U backwards compat. IMO. There's so many accessories they have to account for I just do not think it is worth it for them. Maybe as an attachment down the road...
Which is why I doubt it'll happen. I'd be content with just the solid 1st/3rd party lineup.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm really sorry for you, BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 It must be heartbreaking to find out that the parents that you thought loved you and each other with care and support for the time they shared over their marriage break away so suddenly from each other and it's especially hurtful if it just happens straight up out of the blue.

Stay strong, Fumi. We of the Nintenzone will listen and be here for whatever troubles you. This is what I can say to support you in this whirlwind of events. I'm sorry for you.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I remember watching their video of Gimme Chocolate.
It was both horrifying and hilarious. I mean Christ I don't even know if there's a word to describe it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I remember watching their video of Gimme Chocolate.
It was both horrifying and hilarious. I mean Christ I don't even know if there's a word to describe it.
I listen to a lot of metalcore and post hardcore music and this is so ridiculous that it works. A lot of the older generation of hardcore fans are against it but I think it's fun and that's what a lot of hardcore bands miss these days.

I cant get over that they've labeled the genre kawaii metal.

Kawaii-Kore works so much better...

D

Deleted member

I know Nintendo's denial of Nikke's claim will show up here eventually so i'm going to jump one step ahead
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199788
Read this thread.

Particularly this one
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198960824&postcount=38

Note that it isn't even a real deconfirmation either. Pretty much just saying WE NEVER SAID THAT!!
I feel Nintendo shot themselves in the foot with this denial of claim.

ESPECIALLY if this turns out to be similar to the latter post you linked.

Everytime i hear the term "baby metal" i am reminded of this
Every
single
time

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Everytime i hear the term "baby metal" i am reminded of this
Every
single
time
Omg lady beard. That is ridiculous.

Babymetal are a little less J-Pop and a little more hardcore.

I hope people don't check my browsing history at work... it's all safe...

But my conservative workplace would be so weirded out haha.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regarding NX backwards compability with past Nintendo systems, I doubt it will happen.

This is because Nintendo have been using the PowerPC architecture for the GameCube, Wii, and Wii U, and I doubt they will use it for the NX. It is severely outdated architecture and other companies have moved on from it to newer architecture.

This is also one of the main things holding back their third party support, so they need to move on from it if they are serious about getting that support. But that also means they can't make games from past hardware run so easily, because they would require a lot of reprogramming to make them work. They could maybe do re-releases on Virtual Console via emulation, and HD remakes, but you would likely not be able to run your discs of old games, unless they have some kind of rock solid emulator built into the system at launch.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Regarding NX backwards compability with past Nintendo systems, I doubt it will happen.

This is because Nintendo have been using the PowerPC architecture for the GameCube, Wii, and Wii U, and I doubt they will use it for the NX. It is severely outdated architecture and other companies have moved on from it to newer architecture.

This is also one of the main things holding back their third party support, so they need to move on from it if they are serious about getting that support. But that also means they can't make games from past hardware run so easily, because they would require a lot of reprogramming to make them work. They could maybe do re-releases on Virtual Console via emulation, and HD remakes, but you would likely not be able to run your discs of old games, unless they have some kind of rock solid emulator built into the system at launch.
*Prays for a rock solid GC emulator*

Seriously, GC games are the most forgotten of the bunch.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stay strong Fumi. Your parents will rely on you just as much as you'll rely on them.

It may not seem like it but they are sharing your pain.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Stay strong. You'll get through this.

My parents divorced 16 years ago when I was about 5 years old. It's not like it was a harsh divorce because I still saw both of them frequently so it wasn't like much changed. It'll be nothing after a while, trust me. Especially considering you're most likely a young adult meaning you can handle it better than say I would back then as a small child.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So I've been playing a bit of Smash for 3DS lately. I honestly think I prefer it over the Wii U version. It has a better Classic Mode, and Smash Run can actually be fun, despite a few flaws.

Also, I have been playing around with a few characters and discovered I am really good with Toon Link.

I'm gonna practice with him a bit more - but he'sa nice, annoying character with that bomb, arrow and boomerang.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
As for the Aonuma, we aren't exactly 100% sure if it's nearing completion.

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/03/10/zelda_tphd/

As for your parents divorcing, it sucks. But in the end they may be happier apart from each other. Them separating is not indicative of how much they love you at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom