• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, here's a question:

What would be your reaction if we got a stage or Assist Trophy from a third party series next game, but not a character?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well this is rather interesting.
I wouldn't go so far as to say they're doing another full-on cartoon, considering that Sonic Boom is getting it's second season.

But maybe they are doing a one-off cartoon with this guy or something in celebration of the 25th Anniversary.

Or maybe he's just been hired to work on Sonic Boom in some capacity? (Unlikely, but possible)

What would be your reaction if we got a stage or Assist Trophy from a third party series next game, but not a character?
I've basically already gone through this stage of grief with the Rayman trophies, which is an even worse scenario.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Be really pissed but at least happy the music is in depending on which game it is from

Burruni

Smash Hero

I feel like getting the Pooka in Smash Run is a good enough gauge that people really won't bat a eye except those "upset" that said assist trophy wasn't a fighter.

.... I honestly kinda see this path for Jibanyan if YW stays alive.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I almost completely forgot to post this, but better late than never I guess.

The latest Featured Content is up on Source Gaming (and I'm nearly 2 days late to report on it)!

(http://sourcegaming.info/2016/03/21/white-noise-online-feat-the-surge-concept/)

Also as an added bonus, I put in a little easter-egg within the article. I'll just say that it has to do with my portrait at the end of the article.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I wouldn't go so far as to say they're doing another full-on cartoon, considering that Sonic Boom is getting it's second season.

But maybe they are doing a one-off cartoon with this guy or something in celebration of the 25th Anniversary.

Or maybe he's just been hired to work on Sonic Boom in some capacity? (Unlikely, but possible)
He also appears to be under an NDA
I could see that. If that's the case SEGA couldn't have picked a better man.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never have anything to do on my days off. I just sit in front of the computer

Anywhere I go would just be me spending money I don't need to spend. And it's not like I have anyone to call and hang out with

No one except me has mondays and tuesdays off

Burruni

Smash Hero
He also appears to be under an NDA
I could see that. If that's the case SEGA couldn't have picked a better man.
Or.
What if.
He's working as a writer for a second Sonic Cartoon to follow more of the "main" cast?
Like how I'm pretty sure there was SOME overlap with AOSTH, SAT:AM and Underground
DUN
DUN
DUUUUUN

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Why the hell is there a Ms. Pac-Man POP! figure?

Like this is a character that really just doesn't work as a POP! figure. It looks hideous.

I never have anything to do on my days off. I just sit in front of the computer

Anywhere I go would just be me spending money I don't need to spend. And it's not like I have anyone to call and hang out with

No one except me has mondays and tuesdays off
I usually just make myself draw or model something or whatever in situations like that.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Or.
What if.
He's working as a writer for a second Sonic Cartoon to follow more of the "main" cast?
Like how I'm pretty sure there was SOME overlap with AOSTH, SAT:AM and Underground
DUN
DUN
DUUUUUN
As awesome as that would be, it seems really unlikely. Isn't he working for Fox now?

Like this is a character that really just doesn't work as a POP! figure. It looks hideous
The Pac-Man one looks pretty okay.

It just occurred to me that Nintendo is one of the few companies to not have POP! Figures.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Like this is a character that really just doesn't work as a POP! figure. It looks hideous.

I usually just make myself draw or model something or whatever in situations like that.
There are very few characters I think actually fit with the pop style

Burruni

Smash Hero
As awesome as that would be, it seems really unlikely. Isn't he working for Fox now?

It just occurred to me that Nintendo is one of the few companies to not have POP! Figures.
I DON'T KNOW I JUST NEED SOMETHING TO FILL A GRUNCLE SHAPED HOLE IN MY HEART AND THIS MAN BEHIND ANOTHER CARTOON OF A BELOVED GAME SERIES IS ONE HELL OF A WAY TO DO IT ;u;

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

OK yeah that one does look a whole lot better.

Not a big fan of POP! figures myself (I was shopping for one for my friend over the Christmas and noticed the paint jobs are often really poor), but I have considered getting a DIY one to make my own.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of Pop, the FNAF merchandise is made by Funko

So I wouldn't be surprised if that got Pop figures

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't know why I didn't think of it before, but maybe Alex is being hired as a writer for the next mainline Sonic game?

I mean Ken Pontac and Warren Graff, who are the current writers for the games, came from the cartoon industry.

I would just hope Alex is a legit Sonic fan or at least does research on the characters, if he's being hired for anything. Unlike Pontac and Graff.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Don't know why I didn't think of it before, but maybe Alex is being hired as a writer for the next mainline Sonic game?

I mean Ken Pontac and Warren Graff, who are the current writers for the games, came from the cartoon industry.

I would just hope Alex is a legit Sonic fan or at least does research on the characters, if he's being hired for anything. Unlike Pontac and Graff.
I certainly hope that's the case. I've only seen a couple episodes of Gravity Falls, but it's a very well written show. While I don't hate them as much as the rest of the fanbase does, I wouldn't really miss Pontac and Graff.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I hope so, too. Very, very much so.

The fact that Pontac and Graff literally did no research on the characters whatsoever, not even doing a wiki walk for half a day or anything, before sitting down and writing the games was. . .awkward.

And also deeply disconcerting.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gosh darn it.

I finally get some money and I have to use a lot of it...

The games/things i really want are...

Street Fighter V
Pokken
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fire Emblem Fates
PS4 Controller

What should I get first?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gosh darn it.

Street Fighter V
Pokken
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fire Emblem Fates
PS4 Controller

What should I get first?
Do you mean you have to use it on this list of things?

Because well...you don't REALLY have to, if that's what you mean...

As for what you should get first, it actually would really depend on your preferences.

Like I'd say get the PS4 controller if you plan to play local multiplayer on it a lot. Or if you have a broken controller...

A gift to GiIvaSunner, the fans, and his high quality rips:

Enjoy!
I am not ready for any flexing, thanks.

Unless it's Miss Rosalina flexing for the Olympics

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Gosh darn it.

Street Fighter V
Pokken
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fire Emblem Fates
PS4 Controller

What should I get first?
I would say Pokkén

So Pokkén

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Gosh darn it.

Street Fighter V
Pokken
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fire Emblem Fates
PS4 Controller

What should I get first?
Well I hear PS4 Controller is a widely acclaimed game so... PS4 Controller.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Two questions about the upcoming Zelda game on Wii U:

-How would you guys feel about sailing (a la Wind Waker) as well as flying (a la Skyward Sword) both being part of the game? Not as in being the main mode of transport or defining travel between the main areas of the game like in those games, but in the sense that, for example, the huge "mainland" of Hyrule is explorable on foot or on horseback, but there are islands in the sea and the sky that you can only access by say, saving up money or resources to buy/build a boat, or maybe taming a Loftwing?

-Do you want a constant companion for Link (a la Navi, Midna, and Fi) throughout the game, a relationship system with certain characters in the game that allows you to recruit or hire different characters as allies that travel with you (like a fellow Hylian, a Goron, a Zora, etc), or no companions at all, making Link a pure lone wanderer in this game?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
At this point I just want to know if Zelda U is alive (if it's even on the Wii U anymore). Because the game is slowly looking like it's going the way of the Dodo.

The last bit of info we've gotten for the game was E3 2014. And at this point things aren't looking too hot. Maybe it's just being worked secretly behind the scenes, but this is one of their biggest franchises. You'd think they would've said something by now.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
At this point I just want to know if Zelda U is alive (if it's even on the Wii U anymore). Because the game is slowly looking like it's going the way of the Dodo.

The last bit of info we've gotten for the game was E3 2014. And at this point things aren't looking too how. Maybe it's just being worked behind the scenes, but this is one of their biggest franchises. You'd think they would've said something by now.
There's been a ton of interviews on it though, reporting on development progress.

In the last one, Aonuma said that he is currently implementing the writing and text elements into the game. In Skyward Sword, this was the last thing he did before the game was complete.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There's been a ton of interviews on it though, reporting on development progress.

In the last one, Aonuma said that he is currently implementing the writing and text elements into the game. In Skyward Sword, this was the last thing he did before the game was complete.
What's the latest interview?

Burruni

Smash Hero

The last bit of info we've gotten for the game was E3 2014. And at this point things aren't looking too hot. Maybe it's just being worked secretly behind the scenes, but this is one of their biggest franchises. You'd think they would've said something by now.
Dude we got info in March 2015 and Miyamoto personally affirmed it coming to WiiU despite development of the NX back at E3 2015.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Two questions about the upcoming Zelda game on Wii U:

-How would you guys feel about sailing (a la Wind Waker) as well as flying (a la Skyward Sword) both being part of the game? Not as in being the main mode of transport or defining travel between the main areas of the game like in those games, but in the sense that, for example, the huge "mainland" of Hyrule is explorable on foot or on horseback, but there are islands in the sea and the sky that you can only access by say, saving up money or resources to buy/build a boat, or maybe taming a Loftwing?

-Do you want a constant companion for Link (a la Navi, Midna, and Fi) throughout the game, a relationship system with certain characters in the game that allows you to recruit or hire different characters as allies that travel with you (like a fellow Hylian, a Goron, a Zora, etc), or no companions at all, making Link a pure lone wanderer in this game?
Flying was very uninspired so if it's back I'd like it to be a little different. Maybe let link shoot his bow or something. I love sailing so that's fine to stay by me!

A series of companions sounds cool but I like the lone Link. He alone is the hero of time. Midna was a great partner as she really effected the plot. I really like Ezlo from Minish Cap too - a talking hat.

Another option is the guide stone thingo from Windwaker - it'd be cool if Link communicated with a wide range of cast members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom