• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So.........

One last question for today.

Does anybody here take Fox News seriously?

Like, no really, does someone here actually takes them seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So.........

Eh, I don't care for the news to much at all, but Fox messes up a lot, so not usually.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So.........

Not gonna lie, I'm sure most here don't care about politics.

As for me, I don't. But then again most news channels are like that for me.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So.........

The community here strikes me as predominantly Liberal, so I'd doubt it.

Personally I don't think any major news corporation is worth the time of day, but it can be easy to be sucked into whatever the magic glowing box is telling you to believe.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, i just made that question because i couldn't come up with something better.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll put it this way.

I'd rather have an actual fox give me the news.
News at 11 with :foxmelee::

"HAH. tory-AHHH!!! COME-OWN! OT-TOH. MISSHUN COMPREE!"

That was today's news. Come back tomorrow night for the latest updates again.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
So.........

They're no worse than CNN or MSNBC.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What the **** is a Fox News?

A good reason why I don't care about them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So on 2ch(Or 4chan, I honestly don't know, they just call it /vp) another image has supposedly been posted of what the starters for Sun and Moon look like:

SunandMoonStarters.png

I'm not sure abut this, I want to believe( and still do) in the grass owl, rabbit, and dolphin, but these are compelling to. Yet something feels off about them....

Thoughts?

So on 2ch(Or 4chan, I honestly don't know, they just call it /vp) another image has supposedly been posted of what the starters for Sun and Moon look like:

I'm not sure abut this, I want to believe( and still do) in the grass owl, rabbit, and dolphin, but these are compelling to. Yet something feels off about them....

Thoughts?
Looks fake as ****

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Thoughts?
Those look distinctly out of Pokémon's usual art style.

D

Deleted member

I liked a Trump parody page and now Facebook recommended me the actual one lol

Thoughts?
Translate the Japanese to see what it says
Looks fake as hell tho
Also:
">Cosmo is now a Pokemon"
Dead

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I liked a Trump parody page and now Facebook recommended me the actual one lol

Translate the Japanese to see what it sees
Looks fake as hell tho
Also:
">Cosmo is now a Pokemon"
Dead
Lol that made me laugh. They are definitely odd, the owl is still my bet on being real if any are.

I like this grass starter though. It has potential, not the best fakemon I've seen though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Thoughts?
The thing that feels "off" about them is that the artstyle looks nothing like Sugimori style whatsoever.

I don't see Pokémon Company using artwork this far away from Sugimori style anytime soon, if EVER.

And the fact that a baby deer already has horns on a base stage, especially a STARTER, just breaks it even harder for me.

Look at a baby deer who's not a starter:
upload_2016-3-22_18-44-29.png

That said, LOL at the Cosmo comment on the thread screenshot.

Burruni

Smash Hero
On the subject of fox news, I think John Stewart did it best.

Thoughts?
#ZodiacBoys

But I'm gonna call this fake. That koala in particular just not looking like its in the right style.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I did NOT expect Dragon Ascent to 1HKO a Deoxys 10 levels higher...

Oops, gotta reset

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The thing that feels "off" about them is that the artstyle looks nothing like Sugimori style whatsoever.

I don't see Pokémon Company using artwork this far away from Sugimori style anytime soon, if EVER.

And the fact that a baby deer already has horns on a base stage, especially a STARTER, just breaks it even harder for me.

Look at a baby deer who's not a starter:
View attachment 101070

That said, LOL at the Cosmo comment on the thread screenshot.
Good point! Also it still be an ox over deer, which would have more potential.

On the subject of fox news, I think John Stewart did it best.

#ZodiacBoys

But I'm gonna call this fake. That koala in particular just not looking like its in the right style.
A water kola is also strange. Grass and fighting makes sense for one. We still need a kola though.

And I'm playing Birthright right now.

It's neat that in the bath area, if your player's wife is in there, they stay, rather then leave.

Oh and Chapters 16 and 17 were pretty sad....
I did NOT expect Dragon Ascent to 1HKO a Deoxys 10 levels higher...

Oops, gotta reset
Deoxy's as no defenses in standard form. Pretty much anything from Rayquazza will kill it instantly. Use a normal pokemon and you should be good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Super Bomberman was the bomb. Easily on of my favorite games in the series. Why did you had to kill Bomberman, Konami?

Dammit i wish Bomberman on the 3DS wasn't cancelled.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's a shame that we're saying good bye to the Wii U this early. Even though it may not have been Nintendo's strongest efforts, I've still managed to have fun with a number of games in the system's library.
@Speedwagon
1: Outside of Smash, I'd say some personal favourites would probably be Bayonetta 2, Splatoon and Mario Maker and The Wonderful 101.

2: I want a strong list of launch games and a strong amount of dedication to the system from players and developers alike. (Lots of amazing games)

3-4: The Mysterious Murasame Castle with some Platinum coating. Pretty obvious what you'd expect - action packed hack and slash

5: Smash Bros and what they will market as the best of their launch.

6: Ham and pineapple.

7: Not at all, Speedwagon!

I have to go now to Uni, and I'll be working hard on some assignment work, so I might come back over the weekend. See you later for now.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
We interrupt this news discussion with some breaking news.
HOW IS THIS FREAKING AWESOME REMIX JUST IN A 3DS HOME MENU THEME.
DAMN SON.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dear diary. Today, I trolled the ever loving **** out of a friend who kept being a **** to the point he made me feel bad about liking stuff he didn't like. He blocked me a while ago on WA, though he unblocked after a while. Still blocked on facebook.
@Speedwagon gimme dem questions O3O
All I know about Fox News are A: Hyperbole as **** and B: Star Wars drama a while back

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We interrupt this news discussion with some breaking news.
HOW IS THIS FREAKING AWESOME REMIX JUST IN A 3DS HOME MENU THEME.
DAMN SON.
I bought that exact theme because it looked good. Then I realized the music that had come with it and was all the more pleased.

It is an awesome remix, and I spent many a time just staying on the menu listening to it.

Then I marinated in the song so much that I got burnt out hearing it every time I booted up my system and switched it back to my Smash theme.

The whole reason I got it was because the Smash theme was starting to wear out it's welcome playing so often in the first place, though, so I may switch it back at some point.

Being a menu theme just sucks out a lot of the joy out of a song after a while.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hearing that Kirby remix for that theme makes me all the more bummed out that my theme of choice (the Rosalina one), had literally the worst possible choice in music, let alone not being a remix.

I'm so sick of hearing that super-MIDIfied Toy Time Galaxy arrangement. >.>

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Seems the movie is getting mixed critical reception so far.

I'm still curious about the movie (It is Batman Vs Superman, after all) so I may or may not be going to see it myself.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What did they say in their review?
6.8/10
Not fun enough (get's really political), Doomsday and seeing the trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman together wasn't as exciting as it could be.

Ben Affleck is getting lots of praise though alongside Gal Gadot, Jeremy Irons and Amy Adams.

Reviews are all mixed.
Civil War reviews will be fun.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
6.8/10
Not fun enough (get's really political), Doomsday and seeing the trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman together wasn't as exciting as it could be.

Ben Affleck is getting lots of praise though alongside Gal Gadot, Jeremy Irons and Amy Adams.

Reviews are all mixed.
Civil War reviews will be fun.
That...sounds reasonable enough at face value.

I mean I haven't seen the movie (probably won't because DC doesn't interest me) but it doesn't sound like they are saying anything ridiculous or outlandish here like "too much water".

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That...sounds reasonable enough at face value.

I mean I haven't seen the movie (probably won't because DC doesn't interest me) but it doesn't sound like they are saying anything ridiculous or outlandish here like "too much water".
A large part of it is Marvel fanboys laughing and flaming whilst on the other end is damage control and calling Marvel bias on reviewers.

Man of Steel was divisive and I this looks to be the same. I liked MoS so I guess I'll like this. Just wish it was Metallo instead of Doomsday this soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom