• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well people are starting to build giant swords and idols are slowly starting to take over. So Undyne can be satisfied that the world is beginning to look just like how she imagined it.

Seriously? I really need to see this **** right now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The aliens were only in Eco 2.
So not in "the games."
Eco 1 was basically a worse Freddi Fish
Really? Because I own a strategy guide for the first Ecco and it had had aliens at the end for sure. Even typed in a level skip right to the aliens at one point.

Or was there an Ecco before Ecco? And wouldn't that make Tides of Time the third game if that was the case?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Do guys have any characters you want to see get in to Smash but know that they have no chance?
Midna (maybe? I dunno...Zelda Wii U with Midna yes or no? More Midna is future too many variables to think at this point)
Dark Samus (RIP :()
Ridley (With Sakurai RIP, with someone else? maybe still RIP...poor Ridley:()
Crash Bandicoot
Tifa (sadly I don't thing any final fantasy character with be added and if so it's likely be someone else)

D

Deleted member

Right now, I think pretty much every video game character has at least a slight chance. What may seem far-fetched now could change drastically in several years.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Right now, I think pretty much every video game character has at least a slight chance. What may seem far-fetched now could change drastically in several years.
Yeah, although SMX's question was characters that have no chance, I don't truly believe any character has zero chance.

I just listed a few that I liked and feel won't happen. I have no immediate expectation for them, for one reason or another.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Do guys have any characters you want to see get in to Smash but know that they have no chance?

For me, that character would be Toan from Dark Cloud. I loved Dark Cloud for the PS2 and how it was pretty much Sony's answer to The Legend of Zelda only the gameplay is much different and the game has a lot of creativity to it. Toan has no chance though given that he's a Sony owned character who hardly has any popularity nowdays.
M. Bison. I wouldn't say he has no chance, and in fact he might have a shot in hypothetical Smash 7 or 8. Smash needs more villains, and Bison is one of the most popular ones out there.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That is literally my top 5 bruh

1. Viridi
2. Ridley
3. Wonder Red
4. Edea Lee
5. Sora

Smash For got so many characters on my wishlist I suppose this is karma :skull:
I feel ya man though I don't really think Sora is unlikely as you think. KH is still a pretty popular series and Sora has been requested a lot so I wouldn't be totally shocked if Sora got in the game in the future.
Giant Robot Fight INCOMING! AND IT'S REAL AND GOING TO HAPPEN IN THREE MONTHS!

Ridley
Ryu Hayabusa
Kasumi
Arle Nadja
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo could happen if somehow a deal between Nintendo and Microsoft is struck though I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
I could make a list of nothing but unlikely characters that i want, but im gonna mention the one i want the most first:

Simon Belmont.

There may be characters that way more unlikely than him, but with the current state of Castlevania and Konami, i see little to no hope for him.

Other would-be-awesome-but-not-likely-to-happen characters are:

-Balloon Fighter: Stupid Villager recovery.
-Waluigi: Ok, he isn't definetly impossible, but right now, his chances are low for me.
-Sora: Disney.
-Isaac: Please Camelot, revive Golden Sun so i don't have to include him here.
-Lip: Stupid Lip's stick item.
-Bomberman: Again, Konami (and his series is pretty much dead at this point, and with that, his demand his lower as well)
-Crash and Banjo: Again, dead series.
-Geno: At least Sakurai seems to like the idea.
-RIDLEY: Do i even have to talk about this one?

I also feel pessimistic about K.Rool's chances for the next game, mostly because of his lack of recent appereances in the DKC games, (like DKC Returns)

I know that (most of) these characters DO have a chance, but i feel their chances are very little since most of them are from dead series, are owned by the devil, or other big issues that i dobut will be resolved, so i included them here anyway.
I feel ya with Simon being that Konami is Konami but Isaac? C'mon dude don't be that pessimistic! With the Ballot happening it's very likely that he could have been up there as one of the higher voted characters so don't lose faith just yet.
Midna (maybe? I dunno...Zelda Wii U with Midna yes or no? More Midna is future too many variables to think at this point)
Dark Samus (RIP :()
Ridley (With Sakurai RIP, with someone else? maybe still RIP...poor Ridley:()
Crash Bandicoot
Tifa (sadly I don't thing any final fantasy character with be added and if so it's likely be someone else)
Yeah, really sucks that Crash is unlikely given that Sony is rumored to have bought back the rights to the series so basically Crash is like Banjo with all the legal shiz only without the Nintendo history Banjo has.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Wander
-Max or any other Shining Force characters
-Joe Musashi
-Alis Landale
-Vectorman
-Goemon
-A Breath of Fire character
-Kalas
-Bartz
And a whole bunch more I can't remember at the moment.
Also, bonus points for you for mentioning Dark Cloud.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Really? Because I own a strategy guide for the first Ecco and it had had aliens at the end for sure. Even typed in a level skip right to the aliens at one point.

Or was there an Ecco before Ecco? And wouldn't that make Tides of Time the third game if that was the case?
No.
Upon further review.
That's my absolutely terrible memory.
Confusing Eco Quest, which included a talking dolphin as the deuotagonist, to be a part of the Ecco series.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also, bonus points for you for mentioning Dark Cloud.
This guy gets it!

DC is easily one of the most overlooked games in history and it's a shame it's not as popular as it should be. There's some aspects of the game I find to be better than LoZ even.

Don't know about you guys but I find Link VS Toan to be a bigger dream match than Link VS Cloud personally. Link and Toan are much more similar even if the former lacks the mainstream popularity of Cloud.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This guy gets it!

DC is easily one of the most overlooked games in history and it's a shame it's not as popular as it should be. There's some aspects of the game I find to be better than LoZ even.

Don't know about you guys but I find Link VS Toan to be a bigger dream match than Link VS Cloud personally. Link and Toan are much more similar even if the former lacks the mainstream popularity of Cloud.
Despite liking Dark Cloud alot, Toan doesn't really feel similar to Link, besides being mute and having a charge spin attack. To be all honest, I never got a Link vibe from Toan. If there were any characters that ever exhibited a Link vibe the most to me, it'd be either Wander from Shadow of the Colossus or Adol Cristin from Ys.
DC is easily one of the most overlooked games in history and it's a shame it's not as popular as it should be.
This can be said about a whole lot of games.......:crying::cry:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well people are starting to build giant swords and idols are slowly starting to take over. So Undyne can be satisfied that the world is beginning to look just like how she imagined it.
WAIT.
Does this mean cute highschool anime girls are real now?!

Oh my god im so sorry for making this joke...im going to take a bath since i feel dirty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Despite liking Dark Cloud alot, Toan doesn't really feel similar to Link, besides being mute and having a charge spin attack. To be all honest, I never got a Link vibe from Toan. If there were any characters that ever exhibited a Link vibe the most to me, it'd be either Wander from Shadow of the Colossus or Adol Cristin from Ys.

This can be said about a whole lot of games.......:crying::cry:
IDK I felt he was pretty similar or at least his game was (though very unique in it's own right).

But yeah you can say that about a lot of games though I wanted Dark Cloud to be mainstay Sony series like how LoZ is a mainstay Nintendo series so the 2 could have a rivalry. I even said the same thing about Golden Sun being a Nintendo mainstay to be their answer to Final Fantasy which was predominately Sony at the time. Would have been awesome.

D

Deleted member

Am i the only one here who likes Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance?

I honestly found it to be way better than Circle of the Moon in every single way (Aria of Sorrow is still the best though)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I see WHY Vespiquen is special based now...

She gets so much better special attacks than physical.

She used to be physically based. Just not now

D

Deleted member

...I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with anything regarding my post (hell I was just using it as an example). But okay? :\
It was just a thought I had in mind for a while, and I was waiting for a good opportunity to share it. Nothing else. :oneeye:

D

Deleted member

So I downloaded Miitomo

View attachment 101062
And it's probably the best thing to happen to memes.

I'd go as far as to call them Miimes.
Fast food gets my order wrong like at least 80% of the time and I speak fluent english.

It's hilarious because I tell them "No cheese" and it's always like some big deal for them to discuss to the people in the back that I don't want cheese on my burger. lol

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
It appears news of 5th Cells' Death was highly slightly exagerated

http://kotaku.com/scribblenauts-developer-5th-cell-laid-off-a-number-of-e-1766265552
With a crew that small, I'm worried they'll never be able to create anything successful anymore. So sad.

For me, that character would be Toan from Dark Cloud. I loved Dark Cloud for the PS2 and how it was pretty much Sony's answer to The Legend of Zelda only the gameplay is much different and the game has a lot of creativity to it. Toan has no chance though given that he's a Sony owned character who hardly has any popularity nowdays.
Who doesn't? Daitoryo, Dynal, and Ninten are all in my top 10.

I've also got Maxwell. Considering what's happening, it doesn't look like his series will have a good future.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
lets be real here the true castlevania experience is harmony of despair
-6 player online co-op
-all of the series biggest names(some being dlc)
-every character playing like they did in the original(soma has the soul system, alucard gets his spells and mist form, shanoa uses the glyphs ect ect ect)
-the last 2 dlc levels being the full game of castlevania 1 and getsu fuma den respectively(getsu fuma den being game made in the castlevania style and focuses more on the yokai spectrum also he(getsu fuma) and the final boss of his games became yugioh cards)
-Julius ******* belmont nuff said
-all of the enemies have a soul for soma to calim including the 8 bit monsters from the 2 retro dlcs complete with him using 8 bit attacks!
-15 sub weapons (some exclusive to jonathan morris)

i still need to get the rest of the dlc myself

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lets be real here the true castlevania experience is harmony of despair
-6 player online co-op
-all of the series biggest names(some being dlc)
-every character playing like they did in the original(soma has the soul system, alucard gets his spells and mist form, shanoa uses the glyphs ect ect ect)
-the last 2 dlc levels being the full game of castlevania 1 and getsu fuma den respectively(getsu fuma den being game made in the castlevania style and focuses more on the yokai spectrum also he(getsu fuma) and the final boss of his games became yugioh cards)
-Julius ******* belmont nuff said
-all of the enemies have a soul for soma to calim including the 8 bit monsters from the 2 retro dlcs complete with him using 8 bit attacks!
-15 sub weapons (some exclusive to jonathan morris)

i still need to get the rest of the dlc myself
As someone who played that game for probably at least 200+ hours and was madly addicted and bought every DLC for it, I'd say that game is more of it's own kinda thing then it is a "true Castlevania experience" persay. A lot of the mechanics are actually quite different from the mainline games (how you level up moves and other mechanics), and a lot of stuff is missing for the characters despite a lot of the selection you can pick from. Some things that are really different are like Alucard's moves for example like soul steal is different and weaker. The game is absurdly biased towards Soma who has practically everything whereas some characters got neglected.

With that said, I think the game is super fun and a must play multiplayer game with your friends, especially so since it's co-op with 6 players online (and on PS3 it's 4 players offline if I recall, although I prefer the 360 version due to the better camera angles).

Still, can't go wrong with it as it's a pretty dang awesome multiplayer game.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Early and everything but.
E3 Wishlist

NX Reveal

:4mario:: A 64/Sunshine/Galaxy 1 style hub & "world missions" set up game. Galaxy 3 or otherwise.

:4dk:: DKCR3 - Crocageddon.

:4wario2:: WARIO LAND - The Midas Mitt (3DS 2017)

:4link:: Zelda U/NX - Title dropped

:4pikachu:: Go! Release date

:4samus:: "Ultra" Metroid. 2.5D style metroidvania - (3DS 2017)

:4falcon:: ....Miyamoto please

:4olimar:: Pikmin 4

:4littlemac:: Punch-Out!! NeXt.

:4shulk:: Announcement for the development of Xenoblade X-2.

(Edit: and now for the Non-Smash Series)

Advance Wars: Neo Era Warfare (3DS 2017)

Golden Sun: Turmoil Twilight (3DS 2017)

Gotcha Force 2.

Persona 5 & FF7 HD to NX.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom