• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This just in: someone in the internet is trying to push their interpretations as facts and doesn't know what YMMV is

Burruni

Smash Hero
Despite both of them being "fusions" of 3 of them, it's not that kind of logic. There's likely more to it than just having 3 of each. Magneton likely has more machinery inside it(btw, is this the original Red/Blue weights or a different game?). Dugtrio probably is combined with far more dirt and stone than Diglett is. I do find it a bit weird it's not close to "3 times the weight", though.

Probably something we're missing. At least neither of the evolutions weigh less. XD
The weights of Pokemon have never changed across generations.

And for your argument of Magneton

No.
No it's just three magnemite.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This just in: someone in the internet is trying to push their interpretations as facts and doesn't know what YMMV is
This just in - Zoroarking still doesn't know how to actually make a solid counter argument and instead resorts to salty damage control and flaming whenever they fail to come up with one.

oh wait that's not news

See, I can be a ****head too.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I didn't say it was confirmed by the creator. I said it seems quite clear it was the creator's intention and there is no reason to believe otherwise given how obvious and consistent the similarities are.

Again, if it was one or two similarities, I wouldn't think anything of it, but literally HALF of her moves and animations? It's an objective fact that many of Rosalina's moves and animations BLATANTLY resemble dolphin tricks. That much you can't get around (just like you can't get around that Fox and Falco actually do use identifiable martial arts in Smash, regardless of whether or not Sakurai confirmed it - though I believe he did mention it somewhere). We may not have a "Word of God" confirming it, but can you seriously say, with a straight face, that "it was an accident" is the logical conclusion here?

The line of logic you guys are displaying here is basically exactly this:

"We need Sakurai to confirm that Battlefield is made of grass and stone. It may LOOK exactly like grass and stone, but no matter how much prove it, that doesn't mean it is until Sakurai confirms it!!!! He may not have intentionally meant for it to be stone and grass. His intention could have been that it's made out of apples and oranges for all we know."

I'm arguing over it because of the principle of the matter.

It's common for people in this thread to need confirmation by a creator or whatever on every single detail, and can't seem to interpret or notice things for themselves.

I find that to be a hugely regressive and frankly, dumb mentality. It makes discussion very stagnant.
The reason why its common for people here to require confirmation from the creator is because of how many times said creator makes a fool of us...
either way regardless of how convinced you are that this theory of your's is correct (it may be it may not be personally I don't really care as much) it is, in the end, still just a theory until proven otherwise...please treat it as such and don't call people short-sighted if they disagree...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This just in: Why the hell are we still arguing over this?

Dugtrio must be doing a lot of growing down beneath the surface

We all know it's just bull ****
I like to think it's just another Dugtrio. Like a palindrome.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
So, Pokkén is awesome, as expected. What I didn't expect, however, was to love Blaziken so much.

Yes, I am still alive.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The reason why its common for people here to require confirmation from the creator is because of how many times said creator makes a fool of us...
either way regardless of how convinced you are that this theory of your's is correct (it may be it may not be personally I don't really care as much) it is, in the end, still just a theory until proven otherwise...please treat it as such and don't call people short-sighted if they disagree...
I'm calling people short-sighted not for disagreeing with me, but due to the reasons they are providing for disagreeing with me.

Even if you assume what I say is "nothing more than a theory", you can't simply counter a substantiated theory without a substantiated argument. All I'm getting here as a counter is effectively denial with no substance.

I would know, I bust theories all of the time, especially in regards to this character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll just give up because, apparently, some people don't know what is the difference between canon and headcanon is
Good night everybody

This just in: Why the hell are we still arguing over this?

I like to think it's just another Dugtrio. Like a palindrome.
"What's under your mask?"
"Another mask"

"What is under Dugtrio?"
"Another Dugtrio"

Anyway on a lighter note

I love that one of my favorite parts of gamin in music shows up a LOT in the series

And then it just shows up all over the place and I love it
https://youtu.be/jhsrKPqHtWM?list=PL5T9Z4g1TKWLD07b10kBNB25auwqlSaEh
https://youtu.be/fmp66tEGNCU?list=PL5T9Z4g1TKWLD07b10kBNB25auwqlSaEh

There is at least 1 more occurence of it showing up again but I dont feel like ooking it up. Just happy that one song that is so memorable just keeps showing up. :chuckle:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Do guys have any characters you want to see get in to Smash but know that they have no chance?

For me, that character would be Toan from Dark Cloud. I loved Dark Cloud for the PS2 and how it was pretty much Sony's answer to The Legend of Zelda only the gameplay is much different and the game has a lot of creativity to it. Toan has no chance though given that he's a Sony owned character who hardly has any popularity nowdays.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Exactly! It'd be like a little Space Flipper... I love this idea already.
Ecco also has supersonic attacks, so that could be what most of his B moves are. Except Up B, which to be frank, does make sense as being like Rosalina's. Maybe some kind of slow and chargeable Sonic Wave(like a Bat's echolocation) for B, and perhaps a tail blade projectile for Forward B. Down B is hard, though. He could set some type of water bomb or coral or something?

Do guys have any characters you want to see get in to Smash but know that they have no chance?

For me, that character would be Toan from Dark Cloud. I loved Dark Cloud for the PS2 and how it was pretty much Sony's answer to The Legend of Zelda only the gameplay is much different and the game has a lot of creativity to it. Toan has no chance though given that he's a Sony owned character who hardly has any popularity nowdays.
See my sig. ;)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Black Mage now that Cloud's in.
That's a sizable one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll just give up because, apparently, some people don't know what is the difference between canon and headcanon is
Good night everybody
Coming from the guy who thinks Smash has a canon.

I know what the difference between canon and headcanon is.

I also know that the topic of my discussion is neither. Because it's not a canon related matter.

Also you are still proving my point on the whole "salty jabs and damage control" thing. Thanks.

Last edited:
That is literally my top 5 bruh

1. Viridi
2. Ridley
3. Wonder Red
4. Edea Lee
5. Sora

Smash For got so many characters on my wishlist I suppose this is karma :skull:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Sackboy.
One of my favorite video game characters of all-time. He has all sorts of moveset potential. His PS All-Stars moveset was great, I could only imagine what a Smash moveset would be like.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ecco also has supersonic attacks, so that could be what most of his B moves are. Except Up B, which to be frank, does make sense as being like Rosalina's. Maybe some kind of slow and chargeable Sonic Wave(like a Bat's echolocation) for B, and perhaps a tail blade projectile for Forward B. Down B is hard, though. He could set some type of water bomb or coral or something?
Well ya gotta add the aliens somewhere. I remember that being a thing in the games. Maybe as a Final Smash.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I have 2 things to say about this whole Rosalina/Dolphin argument.

1. My first thought when I saw Rosalina in Smash was that her moves look like dolphin movements.

2. Using the word "canon" to describe something introduced in Smash is ridiculous on every level and makes me think anyone using it in that way doesn't know what the word really means.

D

Deleted member

If there's anything i learned today (aside from what i got teached in class), is that you should NOT judge a book by it's over, or rather in this case, its premise.

Case in point: Dinosaurs, the tv show.

I never thought a show about antrophomorphic dinosaurs would touch on subjects such as:

Environmentalism, endangered species,sexual harassment, censorship, civil rights, body image, steroid use,rights of indigenous peoples and a whole lot of other things......and the show's ending is supringsily sad.

The last episode is about how the dinosaurs abuse of their enviroment and it ends up creating the Ice Age and they all presumably die.

The finale pretty much gives the message that we, as humans, have to take care and responsability of our planet, or else.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I made a similar post a while back, but I'll go with the short and sweet version

1) Gallade (Pokemon)
2) Descole (Professor Layton)
3) Jin Kazama (Tekken)
4) Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue)
5) Noel Vermillion (BlazBlue)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Giant Robot Fight INCOMING! AND IT'S REAL AND GOING TO HAPPEN IN THREE MONTHS!

Ridley
Ryu Hayabusa
Kasumi
Arle Nadja
Banjo Kazooie

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

In no order, I can think of five off the top of my head:

-Midna (with or without Wolf Link, Imp or Twili form)
-Impa (Hyrule Warriors)
-Sora
-Mickey Mouse
-Dimentio or Count Bleck

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I could make a list of nothing but unlikely characters that i want, but im gonna mention the one i want the most first:

Simon Belmont.

There may be characters that way more unlikely than him, but with the current state of Castlevania and Konami, i see little to no hope for him.

Other would-be-awesome-but-not-likely-to-happen characters are:

-Balloon Fighter: Stupid Villager recovery.
-Waluigi: Ok, he isn't definetly impossible, but right now, his chances are low for me.
-Sora: Disney.
-Isaac: Please Camelot, revive Golden Sun so i don't have to include him here.
-Lip: Stupid Lip's stick item.
-Bomberman: Again, Konami (and his series is pretty much dead at this point, and with that, his demand his lower as well)
-Crash and Banjo: Again, dead series.
-Geno: At least Sakurai seems to like the idea.
-RIDLEY: Do i even have to talk about this one?

I also feel pessimistic about K.Rool's chances for the next game, mostly because of his lack of recent appereances in the DKC games, (like DKC Returns)

I know that (most of) these characters DO have a chance, but i feel their chances are very little since most of them are from dead series, are owned by the devil, or other big issues that i dobut will be resolved, so i included them here anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

As much as I hate to sound like a weeb, but Japan's robot would stomp the **** out of that pile of American garbage. I mean, how would it be able to properly compete against a fully functional Gundam with Ghost in the Shell abilities?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
God damn it!

Well this certainly means Sin & Punishment is a dead series. What are your thoughts on this ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ ?
TBQH, we haven't heard a thing from Treasure for years. I personally, while bummed, aren't entirely shocked.

Again, it's best we remember them for what they did instead of lamenting them not coming back again to the industry, most likely.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Oh dear Lord the world has become an anime!
Quick! Run from any multi-colored man or woman you may find! Your life may depend on it!

Anime has condemned us to Hell!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh dear Lord the world has become an anime!
Quick! Run from any multi-colored man or woman you may find! Your life may depend on it!

Anime has condemned us to Hell!
Well people are starting to build giant swords and idols are slowly starting to take over. So Undyne can be satisfied that the world is beginning to look just like how she imagined it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom