• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The lore of OoT is what really makes it stand out from all the LoZ games. Even where it lacks in gameplay and not aging well it has it's story to hold up with other titles in the series. None of the other games despite being great in their own rights have that same "magic touch" OoT had IMO.

When it comes to OoT though, I think Brentalfloss's video is the most accurate even if it is parody. The game addresses both the praise and criticisms the game gets and ridicules both for being over-exaggerated or even wrong.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I imagine there's a 4th timeline where the two armies are just standing there baffled at Corrin's decision. It's like stopping a family argument by wearing a silly hat, overwhelming the desire for conflict with confusion.
LOL, judging by the trailer and the official art, I imagine that to be the case as well.

It seems to have brought everyone together much faster too, so from what I can tell the Smash timeline may actually be more ideal than the Revelation timeline.

I thought of it like this: the whole thing is like a game of tug-of-war. Birthright and Conquest are picking one side or the other and pulling, Revelation is like trying to untie the knot, and Smash is just cutting the rope in half and watching as everyone falls flat on their butts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zelda 1 aged terribly
OoT aged badly
ALttP is a precious gem of Zelda titles that its feeling could only be recreated with ALBW(which had a better story and characters)
Link's Awakening is simply perfection made out of tears
It's not a bad thing when you have ****ING LINEBECK
Fixed

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not a bad thing when you can unleash your inner child going 'CHOO CHOO! :D' the whole time
I grew up on the first game. I need my overworld, damnit. :c

But yeah, the train itself is pretty neat, as was the boat. I just found the regular movement options stupid. Give me my d-pad back, thanks. Maybe someday someone will make full hacks of those games with regular controller options. The stylus was awesome for mini-games, unique puzzles, and items. They are terrible for actual sword usage and movement though.

D

Deleted member

I grew up on the first game. I need my overworld, damnit. :c

But yeah, the train itself is pretty neat, as was the boat. I just found the regular movement options stupid. Give me my d-pad back, thanks. Maybe someday someone will make full hacks of those games with regular controller options. The stylus was awesome for mini-games, unique puzzles, and items. They are terrible for actual sword usage and movement though.
My favorite puzzle was the one where you had to close your DS
You'd probably close it to do something else after giving up and come back to have it solved lol :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Lots of TL;DRing but mostly caught up...

OoT set a standard in Zelda titles these days...Aonuma even referred to its as the secret sauce (why all these food analogies from Nintendo devs?) of the Zelda series...its only natural it'll be held in high regard...

Overrated? Probably...but it is still a great game, especially if you dig into the game's story and lore more effectively...

As far as 3D Zelda titles go this is pretty much how I rank them...

1-Twilight Princess
2-Wind Waker
3-Ocarina of Time
4-Majora's Mask
5-Skyward Sword

OoT and MM are really close btw, almost tied...and Skyward Sword I still consider a good game despite it being my least favourite out of the bunch...

Reminds me that I need to continue my ALttP run which I started a while back...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don't make theories, I state facts.

I'm not even gonna go over the ones you mentioned because most of these facts are commonly accepted in the Mario fandom anyway. You just like making Rosalina out as having less character aspects than she has because you don't like how she has more than characters like Bowser Jr, who aren't as popular because of their constant portrayal issues.

And before you try to deny this, you constantly make jabs at the character in her very own social and you pretty much don't like anything that makes the character seem a cut above another in any aspect.

It's solid until you can prove it otherwise.

Simply being in denial isn't proof of anything.
Look, we just have different stances when it comes to theories, but I don't have a secret agenda against Rosalina.
I don't believe something until confirmed directly.

Why would I care about backstory when my favorite is the flattest character in existense.
I like Bowser Jr for piloting a doomsday mech, not because of his strong bond of his father or some subtle personailty layers.
I like Nabbit for trolling everybody, not because I think he has some dark past.
I like Rosalina for not being hyperactive in a world where men go wild over golf, not because of her losing her parents or being a mother to everybody.

And yes, this makes me different from most Rosalina fans, who are more concerned about exact portrayals and other things that make her cut above the rest.
I don't see her like that, but that doesn't mean I don't like her like any other Mario character.

EDIT: Spirit Tracks is better than OoT

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
O.O Imma call you Laslow, so we can have some nice tea~
*Takes out bucket list
*Ticks off "Being called Laslow and having tea with Annuga"
*Puts back bucket list

Spirit Tracks is always called out for its restrictive world map but it was 20x bigger than OoT's, which was just grasslands taped together with a whopping number of one explorable village.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*Takes out bucket list
*Ticks off "Being called Laslow and having tea with Annuga"
*Puts back bucket list

Spirit Tracks is always called out for its restrictive world map but it was 20x bigger than OoT's, which was just grasslands taped together with a whopping number of one explorable village.
Spirit Tracks best Zelda game. The only flaw is the flute

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't believe something until confirmed directly.
Except the things you think are theories have been confirmed directly, by the games themselves that were made by the creators.

Rosalina being a gearhead is literally shown in Galaxy, and other games. I mean the fact she owns a big space station is a pretty big hint, but then it is elaborated that she had a few engineering feats at a young age.

And her moves being inspired by dolphin tricks is undeniable. Almost every one of her normals has a frame for frame similarity to one, and the cosmic trails represent water particles. You don't need Sakurai to confirm it, it's clear that's what the animators were going for.

It's fine if you don't appreciate the finer points of a character and just like them for surface level stuff (I like Roy and Corrin in Smash 4 for surface level stuff, along with a number of other characters). But that doesn't mean you call every finer point a "fan-made theory". Likewise, you don't need creators to confirm every little detail, some things are so obviously portrayed a certain way that they speak for themself. If creators had to explain every little detail of their game to get fans to accept it, then video games would be the least interesting medium in the world.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, while all of this arguing is going on...

... Capcom has a survey asking whether or not people want Mega Man 11.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://monitor.capcom.co.jp/question/capcom/3DS_rcc_160225/3DS_rcc_160225.cgi&edit-text=&act=url

They reeeeally don't need to ask this question.
MM11 is gonna be unnecessary because it'll just be like what we expect:

8-bit bull**** that plays like MM2. No unique graphics, animations, bosses and new abilities.

Just a reskinned MM2 like 9&10

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The Wind Waker and Majora's Mask have been getting some arguements lately in regards to which title is more "overrated" and "overloved" and whatnot from their respective fans whereas Ocarina of Time has kinda been thrown on the wayside and Twilight Princess going back and forth in terms of opinions and all.....

The Zelda fandom have certainly been acting differently from what they used to ever since the remakes came along.

I do like the slow remembrance Minish Cap has been getting from a few fans lately though.....

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remember when Twlight Proncess used to be the most beloved Zelda games of all time?

Funny how quickly times had changed in the fandom.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Remember when Twlight Proncess used to be the most beloved Zelda games of all time?

Funny how quickly times had changed in the fandom.
To this day I enjoy watching this.

Yes. This is the game we've all been waiting for!
This is the Zelda we saw as kids!
All is good in the world again.

And then come a few years later...

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That reminds me. I'm surprised with how much Fates gets away with. Selena wants hot 'tea' with Laslow, Soleil likes milking cows for practice of some sorts and one of Nile's crit quotes is him basically finishing off the bouncy bouncy. "Oh, YES!" Then again, ****ing Niles, man
Tea is basically a radar dodge for sex in Fates
Laslow invites Azura to drink tea and she says "we both know you want more than tea"
And Soleil states this in her supports with Laslow
WVW69i7KZo0CiKSaaY.jpg

But FE is a very liberal game
Having incest being one of the main themes across the series and whatnot

Niles best quote is probably "That was good for me" after killing an enemy unit

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Funny, because I just got done looking at Fates' Getting Grap Past the Radar page yesterday and laughed at most of the examples.

Niles is basically the "Dakko" of the game and the only thing missing is him saying G'night everybody at the end of his flirty innuendos. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To this day I enjoy watching this.

Yes. This is the game we've all been waiting for!
This is the Zelda we saw as kids!
All is good in the world again.

And then come a few years later...

If this trailer was shown during a E3 live conference, the global reaction not only would outpull this one and Melee's, but it would just be the greatest reaction ever period.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

If this trailer was shown during a E3 live conference, the global reaction not only would outpull this one and Melee's, but it would just be the greatest reaction ever period.
...I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with anything regarding my post (hell I was just using it as an example). But okay? :\

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Dang, the only character I played as in Pokken so far is greatly low tier on the internet. (Braixen I meant)

Star Fox 64 gets released on the PAL eshop with a discount. Can someone explain why it'd be smart/ dumb to play it?
Did no one reply to this?

smh

Star Fox 64 is an awesome game with great replayability if you get every path. It's not perfect, but people want ONLY 64 style games for a reason. Even if I want more assualt style games

EDIT Overwatch cinematic short released

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Of course, you'd have to be blind to not know that Pokkén Tournament was made by the same guys who did Tekken, but someone has made a video on some move comparisons from both games:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
By the way, Wibble Wobble is coming out to the iOS and Android in just three days in the West! So excited! I finally have a mobile app that'll keep me busy while not doing work.

Give it a download when it comes out, it's free!

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
Here's what i think the SSB5 Roster will look like
Veterans (36)
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario2::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4samus::4zss::4kirby::4dedede::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4ness::4falcon::popo::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4pit::4palutena::4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii:

Newcomers (15)
Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Impa
Sylux
Bandana Dee
Gen 7/8 Grass starter Pokémon, final form
A Future Main Fire Emblem Protagnist
Virdi
Isabelle
Elma
Inkling
Issac
Wonder Red
Takamaru
Rayman

Unlockable Veterans
:4metaknight::4falco::4lucas::4darkpit::pichumelee::4feroy::4lucario::4ryu::4rob::4cloud::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::rosalina::4corrinf::4gaw::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4tlink::wolf::4bayonetta:

Unlockable Newcomers
Waluigi
Linkle
Black Shadow
Daisy
King K. Rool
Ridley
Chrous Men

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Meh, why bother with SSB5's roster? Why not talk about SSB3's roster instead? I liked that one. Wasn't perfect, but fun at parties at least.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Veterans
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario2::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4samus::4zss::4kirby::4dedede::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4ness::4falcon::popo::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4pit::4palutena::4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii:

Newcomers

Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Impa
Sylux
Bandana Dee
A Gen 8 Pokemon
Virdi
Isabelle
Elma
Inkling
Issac
Wonder Red
Takamaru
Rayman

Unlockable Veterans
:4metaknight::4falco::4lucas::4darkpit::pichumelee::4feroy::4lucario::4ryu::4rob::4cloud::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::rosalina::4corrinf::4gaw::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4tlink::wolf::4bayonetta:

Unlockable Veterans
Waluigi
Linkle
Black Shadow
Daisy
King K. Rool
Ridley
Chrous Men
Don't think we'l get Smash for another 5 years at the least

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Veterans

Newcomers

Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Impa
Sylux
Bandana Dee
A Gen 8 Pokemon
Virdi
Isabelle
Elma
Inkling
Issac
Wonder Red
Takamaru
Rayman

Unlockable Veterans

Unlockable Newcomers
Waluigi
Linkle
Black Shadow
Daisy
King K. Rool
Ridley
Chrous Men
ISSAC BANNED.

. . .OK, jokes aside, do you have some quick reasoning behind some of these that would make it easier for me to make my own roster?

Inkling pretty much explains itself, but the others could use a little extra data from time to time to judge how they're holding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom