• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wish Hyrule Warriors had some sort of vs mode that you can use the characters to battle each other with or something. I suppose the adventure mode challenges are nice though as it tries to give a bit more incentive to use them more once you've completed the main story....

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I haven't bought HW because my knee jerk reaction to the game was "hack and slash nonsense" and stuff but i'm slowly but surely warming up to this game.

If they release a version of Hyrule Warrios on the Wii U with all the DLC included, i'd buy it for sure.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's pretty nice that I don't have to remove the plastic wrapping from the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card to use it.

BTW, I named that amiibo "XD002". You can probably guess where I got the idea for that.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Pokken is really fun.

Played against a Chandelure... their title was "Waiting is my strategy!"

I wanted to break my disc by the end of the match. Chandelure is so annoying.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Can't decide between Pikachu or Libre. My heart says Libre, but I "feel" Pikachu.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Uhm, Beast Ganon is playable though
Yes.
/Beast/ Ganon is.
And since Legends gave 'dorf the trident of power I am robbed of HD Wizpiggy goodness.

Saria stands as one of my favorite charactes of the series and with a kind of "woodland elf" kind of theifish equipment set it'd be nice to see something managed more than just Lana's stick...

And Malon is something I've stood by for the raw stupidity of just swinging a giant milk pail and summoning farm animals to do most of her attacking.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I'm actually considering sending this to Alpharad or Styles or something...

What do you guys think? Would it succeed?
Worth a shot...worst that can happen is they reject it...

D

Deleted member

Yes.
/Beast/ Ganon is.
And since Legends gave 'dorf the trident of power I am robbed of HD Wizpiggy goodness.

Saria stands as one of my favorite charactes of the series and with a kind of "woodland elf" kind of theifish equipment set it'd be nice to see something managed more than just Lana's stick...

And Malon is something I've stood by for the raw stupidity of just swinging a giant milk pail and summoning farm animals to do most of her attacking.
Beat Ganon=Ganon
Beast Ganon with a Trident=/=Ganon
Also, you will be able to play as Malon... in your dreams
Get it? Because Marin will most likely be playable

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Beat Ganon=Ganon
Beast Ganon with a Trident=/=Ganon
Also, you will be able to play as Malon... in your dreams
Get it? Because Marin will most likely be playable
'Beat Ganon'

I am now picturing Ganon with sunglasses, headphones and a boom box on one shoulder...:p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Uh... so the NX might have some hefty competition going into this E3.
(http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/03/rumour_sonys_building_a_supercharged_ps4_console)
This has been known for a while. Sony want to make multiple versions of the PS4 with different specs and features, to cater to different crowds.

This is hardly "hefty competition" for the NX because it's not a new system, it's basically just what the New 3DS was, except these PS4s probably won't have exclusive games. Most people who want a PS4 already have one, and only the well-off, hardcore tech heads would pay for a 4K version of it or something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't see how they could implement an Ash-Greninja type thing on a customizable trainer, but I could see the Pokken mechanic of just giving a stat boost to any Pokémon and making them Mega Evolve if they can being implemented. This latter method kind of makes sense, as it allows any Pokémon to get a triggered stat boost even if they haven't had a Mega Evolution designed yet or aren't planned to have a Mega Evolution.

Regardless of how it's implemented on the trainer, though, the concept of one or even several corrupted Mega/Synergy Evos being used by the evil team leader sounds VERY plausible even if it's not implemented onto the playable trainer, as it would work excellently to reinforce the status of the team leader battle as the penultimate or final fight in the evil team storyline.
I think the later is most likely, but I still think the ash greninja is just mega greninja like Allan says, and that in Sun and Moon, the Kalos starters will get megas with humanistic looks, based on pokemon amie.

I'm actually considering sending this to Alpharad or Styles or something...

What do you guys think? Would it succeed?
Nice match! Don't know about styles, but alpha usually wants clips muted unless he finds them super good, then he will mute them himself. I'd say it's worth a shot.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
'Beat Ganon'

I am now picturing Ganon with sunglasses, headphones and a boom box on one shoulder...:p
Ask and thou shalt receive (without rollerblades because no image of them works well really):

what do I do with my life

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ement_on_side_quest_changes_in_bravely_second

When the game was released in Japan, each side quest would end with the team lamenting the decision they made, regardless of the player's decision. This was intended to help players empathise with the characters' situation, but overwhelming feedback from players indicated that they felt an unsatisfying disconnect between their intentions and the characters' reactions. In response, these side quest endings were amended to show the party readily coming to terms with their actions in a manner that does not cause the player undue regret for their decisions.
This has to be the stupidest excuse for a localisation change ever, and is doing localisation completely backwards.

"Japanese players can't live with their decisions, so lets assume players from all over the world can't either and remove the proper character development from those versions".

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I just saw this, probably not going to happen, but what if deltas became a reality?

Imagine how much more broken the meta would become?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ement_on_side_quest_changes_in_bravely_second

This has to be the stupidest excuse for a localisation change ever, and is doing localisation completely backwards.

"Japanese players can't live with their decisions, so lets assume players from all over the world can't either and remove the proper character development from those versions".
Eh...

If the playerbase didn't like it, its just an effort to improve methinks...

*flashbacks to games being made easier because "westerners cant handle eastern difficulty"*

According to a few japanese players from MeoGAF it was a nice feature and was important to Edea's character development

Gotta love content removal

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Oh Daredevil's getting into the courtroom shenanigans now.
Won't be as good as an Ace Attorney court cases

D

Deleted member

Considering how much Fates tries to make you feel bad for choosing Nohr, I agree with the changes
If the player makes a decision, it should be up to them to regret it or not

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Eh...

If the playerbase didn't like it, its just an effort to improve methinks...
If they had done any market research, they would have seen that Westerners would not like this change. Like I said, it's localisation done backwards. You don't put something in a game the original region won't like, then remove it in the regions that would appreciate it.

Japanese players don't like moral choices in games as much because JRPGs are not about that usually, they are just power fantasies about getting bigger numbers, getting stronger, and usually having some sort of harem for the main character.

Western RPGs are more popular in the West because Western players much prefer having to make choices and gather resources, feeling like they are really growing as a character, as opposed to just a power fantasy that's about making your numbers bigger.

So to have this element of choice in a JRPG, would have been good for the Western market, as we love that over here. Japanese players don't like it so of course they would complain about it, you don't remove it from the markets that would obviously appreciate just because of that.

Considering how much Fates tries to make you feel bad for choosing Nohr, I agree with the changes
If the player makes a decision, it should be up to them to regret it or not
...I don't see how that justifies a change.

If you personally don't regret the consequences of a choice in a game, that's fine.

It's also fine if you do regret it. It's part of the experience, what makes it dynamic.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This just in: Japanese Undertale localization has begun (Genocide mode has been removed)

D

Deleted member

You know, i think that there's a chance of seeing footage of the Link's Awakening and Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks packs of Hyrule Warriors in E3.

Im not sure if they would show it during the Digital Event, or if they would do something similar to what they did with Smash DLC during Last year's E3. (i think they would do the former)

And now for an completely unrelated video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just did some math on Hyrule Warriors. Assuming there isn't anymore than what we know, the end result of the games will be a total (counting Ganon & Cucco) of 45 different weapons from the 31 different characters.

Wow! That's pretty awesome! Curious who those 4 new characters are and the 2 new weapons for exisiting characters are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If they had done any market research, they would have seen that Westerners would not like this change. Like I said, it's localisation done backwards. You don't put something in a game the original region won't like, then remove it in the regions that would appreciate it.

Japanese players don't like moral choices in games as much because JRPGs are not about that usually, they are just power fantasies about getting bigger numbers, getting stronger, and usually having some sort of harem for the main character.

Western RPGs are more popular in the West because Western players much prefer having to make choices and gather resources, feeling like they are really growing as a character, as opposed to just a power fantasy that's about making your numbers bigger.

So to have this element of choice in a JRPG, would have been good for the Western market, as we love that over here. Japanese players don't like it so of course they would complain about it, you don't remove it from the markets that would obviously appreciate just because of that.

...I don't see how that justifies a change.

If you personally don't regret the consequences of a choice in a game, that's fine.

It's also fine if you do regret it. It's part of the experience, what makes it dynamic.
But how is it fine for my player avatar constantly whine about my choices????
Even worse, Hoshido!Corrin never regrets betraying the people he grew up with, but the game constantly tries to guilt trip you for not siding with the "good guys"

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn
Say, when you first began translating, did you have a fear of some translated stuff sounding cheesy or awkward?

I'm translating Touhou into Hindi as a pet project, both for fun and to get q better idea of the woes translators face.

:231:
I still have that fear. Japanese is a difficult language to translate because of the ambiguous sentence structure and pronouns being dropped. My biggest fear is mistranslating something, posting it and thousands of people seeing it. We've had errors here and there but luckily nothing too major.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I just saw this, probably not going to happen, but what if deltas became a reality?

Imagine how much more broken the meta would become?
Ages ago I was interested in the idea of δ Delta Species Pokémon in the main games. But this is a pretty wild theory and the Holon region doesn't completely describe the land of Hawaii.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/hulk-hogan-gets-115m-verdict-876768

So Hulk Hogan won his lawsuit against Gawker who has to fork over 115m. Which I find to be karma working out considering the horribly evil things their employees did over the years. Also they owned Kotaku too so they're going to be impacted in some way too.
Digihom is gonna get rekt HARD
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I noticed a video in my subbox you'd like, from a guy called Nitrorad. Hope you like it~

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/03/kamen-rider-amazons-series-revealed
A Kamen Rider series based on the American comic style of today will be made. And the source material is Kamen Rider Amazon, AKA the one who bit off limbs and cut off heads instead of kicking enemies with explosions...Noice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom