• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
inb4 alphonso takes the stage (you know this may happen and that terrifies you)
so my prediction for the dlc characters(that arnt medli) will be
Marin
Phantom zelda
Ravio
Hilda
BECAUSE HAVING MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THE SAME CHARACTER IS....completely expected at this point
You think that a mobbing Ganon with a train terrifies me?
Hoho, think again

Oh and ALL ABOARD THE NOT-NABBIT TRAIN WOOWOOOO

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So... new SMM costume.

Yuu ayasaki.... apparently from an eroge VN. (The game is pretty NSFW, don't post it here.)

...That escalated quickly.

I'm an idiot. Two characters having the same name.

:231:
GameXplain says shes from Daigasso! Band Brothers
Lol no. That's from Daigasso Band Brothers.
>Eroge VN

Now I feel sorry for the parents who have to explain to their kids what they looked at when they decided to look up the character's name.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Medli
Marin
Linebeck/Byrne
Ravio
Yuga/Hilda

Good line up.

Any word on whether you can buy Linkle, Toon Link, Skull Kid, Tetra and Daphnes on the Wii U without needing the 3DS version?
yep youll have to pay(and if for some reason you dont buy them you get a free version of toon link and linkle with 2 of the characters pack because you got their dlc weapon but you can only use their dlc weapon)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
yep youll have to pay(and if for some reason you dont buy them you get a free version of toon link and linkle with 2 of the characters pack because you got their dlc weapon but you can only use their dlc weapon)
I'm just glad I don't have to buy the 3DS game.

Awesome!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
We're finally getting characters from 2D/handheld Zelda titles in Hyrule Warriors, and they're still not adding Vaati. LOL, poor Vaati fans.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I'm just glad I don't have to buy the 3DS game.

Awesome!
also important to note they will be seprate from the wiiu season pass that will cover the 4 new characters and 2 weapons (or 6 if you buy that pack first because linkle and toon link being given to you)

basically no matter how you slice it your paying another (now this is just my esitmate) 20$us for 10 characters and 3 weapons
and thats not counting medli whos completely free

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
You know, I could see Zelda Wii U's Link being one of the two characters in the Winter 2016 pack.
i dont seeing as with the wiiu dlc they made the characters match the content(because on the 3ds version there also getting EVEN MORE adventure maps)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
also important to note they will be seprate from the wiiu season pass that will cover the 4 new characters and 2 weapons (or 6 if you buy that pack first because linkle and toon link being given to you)

basically no matter how you slice it your paying another (now this is just my esitmate) 20$us for 10 characters and 3 weapons
and thats not counting medli whos completely free
That's a lot cheaper than buying the 3DS version. LMAO!

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
That's a lot cheaper than buying the 3DS version. LMAO!
well buying the 3ds version is 40$ for all of the wiiu dlc(minus the challenge mode stuff), plus the 3ds characters, a new stroyline, a new epilouge, a new weapon for ganon and a new adventure mode map PLUS new costumes a fairy dressup thing
and then you pay 20$ for 4 more adventure maps, 4 more characters, 2 more weapons, and like 30 fairy costumes

to sum this up your goiing to have like 10 adventure mode maps all of which are the same size (and the one(s) you got for getting all of the skulltulas)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@PushDustIn
Say, when you first began translating, did you have a fear of some translated stuff sounding cheesy or awkward?

I'm translating Touhou into Hindi as a pet project, both for fun and to get q better idea of the woes translators face.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
New playable characters for the Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks and A Link Between Worlds pack?

Marin, Linebeck/Staven(or Byrne)/Phantom Zelda and Ravio/Yuga/Hilda?

Sounds pretty cool to me if that's the case.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Hyrule Warriors DLC news sounds awesome. Can't wait to see what will unfold.

And I'm getting anxiety right now since I can't pick up Pokkén Tournament yet because my GameStop isn't opening for a couple more hours. :urg:

D

Deleted member

Does the US EShop have the Pokken demo as well?
EXCEPT IT'S ALSO AVAILIBLE FOR WIIU!

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE BOAT
Except I don't have any way to add credits to my EShop account
Rip hopes and dreams
New playable characters for the Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks and A Link Between Worlds pack?

Marin, Linebeck/Staven(or Byrne)/Phantom Zelda and Ravio/Yuga/Hilda?

Sounds pretty cool to me if that's the case.
**** I forgot about the other packs
Marin is gonna turn into a seagull and I'm gonna cry
Also, please let it be Ravio for ALBW

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Does the US EShop have the Pokken demo as well?

Except I don't have any way to add credits to my EShop account
Rip hopes and dreams

**** I forgot about the other packs
Marin is gonna turn into a seagull and I'm gonna cry
Also, please let it be Ravio for ALBW
What if she sprouts wings like she does in the original Link's Awakening?

Gosh I'm probably the most interested in the possibility of seeing Marin back. Other than her trophy in Melee, this would be her first time showing up in 3D.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Pokken demo means I will get to play it today after all. My copy is coming with the Hori controller next week.

I'll also be picking up my Roy and Ryu amiibo today. :D

What if she sprouts wings like she does in the original Link's Awakening?

Gosh I'm probably the most interested in the possibility of seeing Marin back. Other than her trophy in Melee, this would be her first time showing up in 3D.
Nah I'm interested too.

Link's Awakening DX was my first Zelda game. I love it to bits.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm pretty much satisfied in terms of playable characters for Hyrule Warriors...

I've got Midna...twice
I've got Link...3 times (4 if you count Linkle which I don't)
Skull Kid's finally in...

Medli was a nice surprise, anyone else at this point is just a bonus...Though having a Kokiri and a Deku would round out the Hyrulean races nicely...Saria is the obvious choice for the Kokiri, as for the Deku...the Butler?
Nabooru using double scimitars would be neat as well...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Trying out the Pokken demo.

It's a really good fighting system, but I can't effectively learn characters or tell if I am particularly good with any of them because the CPU is super dumb in this demo.

I feel like I enjoy :4charizard: the most out of the four in the demo though. Which is strange, since I usually don't play as big heavy types in fighting games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Got Pokkén Tournament. Going to have to go back to my GameStop this afternoon since the Pokkén controller wasn't delivered to the store yet (so I'll be using the Wii U Pro Controller until then).

Interestingly, the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card isn't compatible with Super Mario Maker or Super Smash Bros.

The game is currently doing an update as I type this.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Gonna be grabbing Pokken during lunch. Hooray for 10% Employee discounts~

...We only have 14 copies coming in though so bleh. I got a gamestop reservation if all else fails.

I have my Smash Tourney tonight, but they might have it set up there too so who knows.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And once again, GameStop fails to get my pre-order on time.

Getting reeeeal sick of this.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'know if HWL can get all these extra characters and content I don't see why not Smash NX can do the same thing. I even had an idea where instead of making a brand new Smash Bros game, Smash NX (which is ported from Smash Wii U) is released at launch with several new characters, stages, modes, etc and then every year a Character Pack, Stage Pack, and Misc Pack comes out towards the holiday season containing other characters/stages/other content to keep the game running all through the NX's lifecycle. It's a lot more practical than making a brand new Smash Bros game from scratch (having to cut several characters from the game) and characters requested by the fans have a much better chance of getting in the game.

As for who I want to see in HWL...

Any ALTTP character because that game is lacking in any representation in the game
Minish Cap Representation (Vaati)
Groose (Let him loose Nintendo)
Saria (Because she's a natural fit for the game and it's odd that she was omitted from the game)
Wolf Link & Midna (Makes sense given TP HD is a very recent thing)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just gave my GameStop store my phone number to alert me when the Pokkén controller comes in.

Good! I don't want to keep calling just to hear "no" over & over.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, this has been asked before, probably several times, but I may as well get a refresher:

What games would convince you all to buy an NX?

That is, what games would be your hooks?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Y'know if HWL can get all these extra characters and content I don't see why not Smash NX can do the same thing. I even had an idea where instead of making a brand new Smash Bros game, Smash NX (which is ported from Smash Wii U) is released at launch with several new characters, stages, modes, etc and then every year a Character Pack, Stage Pack, and Misc Pack comes out towards the holiday season containing other characters/stages/other content to keep the game running all through the NX's lifecycle. It's a lot more practical than making a brand new Smash Bros game from scratch (having to cut several characters from the game) and characters requested by the fans have a much better chance of getting in the game.

As for who I want to see in HWL...

Any ALTTP character because that game is lacking in any representation in the game
Minish Cap Representation (Vaati)
Groose (Let him loose Nintendo)
Saria (Because she's a natural fit for the game and it's odd that she was omitted from the game)
Wolf Link & Midna (Makes sense given TP HD is a very recent thing)
Wolf Link & Midna are very much covered by Midna's Imp form with tge Shadow Wolf taking Wolf Link's place...I won't object to it personally but there is very little need for them to be added because they are technically kinda already in the game...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
OK, this has been asked before, probably several times, but I may as well get a refresher:

What games would convince you all to buy an NX?

That is, what games would be your hooks?
Smash Bros NX with the idea I proposed of having extra content at launch and then then Annual Character, Stage, and Misc. packs.

Other than that, a console Golden Sun game would be an insta-buy for me. A 3D Mario game and LoZ NX would be great though it wouldn't be something that would make me want to buy the console at launch.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
And so begins the Daredevil Season 2 binge.
inb4 PSN ****s up in true PSN fashion.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hyrule Warriors Legends has some nice DLC it seems.

Two characters for A Link between worlds?

Calling that it's Ravio, and Yuga.

As for the others:

Lineback Malon, maybe the wind fish, but I don't know about the others.

Also I beat Fire Emblem Fates conquest last night!

Really nice ending to the story! I liked it. The credits stuff was pretty nice to!

Started Birthright as well, on Chapter 9, it's really interesting to see how different it is to conquest!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
at least you will get a working copy from your region that works :)

Still never forgot that pal ss copy that i got....
Well amiibo are region free so that's not the issue.

GS in Ireland are just so lax about Nintendo products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom