• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://pokejungle.net/2016/03/17/sun-moon-speculation-pokemon-synergy/

This theory makes a lot of sense and could happen, but I'm not fully convinced yet...

Thoughts?
I don't see how they could implement an Ash-Greninja type thing on a customizable trainer, but I could see the Pokken mechanic of just giving a stat boost to any Pokémon and making them Mega Evolve if they can being implemented. This latter method kind of makes sense, as it allows any Pokémon to get a triggered stat boost even if they haven't had a Mega Evolution designed yet or aren't planned to have a Mega Evolution.

Regardless of how it's implemented on the trainer, though, the concept of one or even several corrupted Mega/Synergy Evos being used by the evil team leader sounds VERY plausible even if it's not implemented onto the playable trainer, as it would work excellently to reinforce the status of the team leader battle as the penultimate or final fight in the evil team storyline.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't see how they could implement an Ash-Greninja type thing on a customizable trainer, but I could see the Pokken mechanic of just giving a stat boost to any Pokémon and making them Mega Evolve if they can being implemented. This latter method kind of makes sense, as it allows any Pokémon to get a triggered stat boost even if they haven't had a Mega Evolution designed yet or aren't planned to have a Mega Evolution.

Regardless of how it's implemented on the trainer, though, the concept of one or even several corrupted Mega Evos being used by the evil team leader sounds VERY plausible even if it's not implemented onto the playable trainer, as it would work excellently to reinforce the status of the team leader battle as the penultimate or final fight in the evil team storyline.
I kinda wish we had something like B2W2 Ghetsis where he used Black/White Kyurem against you
I like the idea of having to beat a legendary Pokemon instead of capturing it
But just make it, you know, strong, you could OHKO Kyurem easily
And make a special unplayable form as the boss so GF can say **** it to balancing that thing
Or just have Megaquaza as a boss

D

Deleted member

They are STILL making more content for HW?!

4 new characters? How many Zelda characters are left?!

Have they been supporting HW for almost 2 years with DLC? Is this what Tecmo Koei tends to do with their games?

Not that im complaining, but damn, that's a lot of DLC.

D

Deleted member

We obviously need the Old Man from Zelda 1 as a playable character.

Come on, you know you want it. (and we should add him to SMM while we are at it)

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm hoping for Vaati. HW could be his last and maybe only chance of reappearing in the Zelda series.

:231:

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I've heard a lot about Daredevil, is it as good and engaging as something like Death Note to be worth the subscription again?
Daredevil Season 1 is absolutely stupendous. It has one of the best villains I've ever seen.
Haven't seen season 2 yet, but I've heard it is just as good.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
3 episodes into Daredevil S2
I can report two things.

1. This season is ****ing amazing.
2. Jon Bernthal hasn't scratched his head yet.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
A little sad that the Oracles and the Four Swords trilogy got skipped out on again, but I'm happy that they at least remembered Link's Awakening. Other than the NES Zelda's (Well there is Link's classic alt) and Triforce Heroes, I think those are only ones left that haven't got any playable characters yet no?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A little sad that the Oracles and the Four Swords trilogy got skipped out on again, but I'm happy that they at least remembered Link's Awakening. Other than the NES Zelda's (Well there is Link's classic alt) and Triforce Heroes, I think those are only ones left that haven't got any playable characters yet no?
You're forgetting about...

:troll:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Good lord, the human voice acting in Pokkén is absolutely horrendous.

It's like they don't care or anything.
>Expecting any good voice acting from from Nintendo

Uprising was a fluke and Awakening got by on the star power of Bailey, Vincent and Discount Troy Baker

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I've played the Pokken demo and while the game is great, I haven't found my main in the availible characters.
Though Gengar feels familiar to me for having a Lick Down Tilt.
For some reason, the only thing that came to my mind after reading your post is that you are familiar with licking floors, which probably (hopefully) is not what you meant.

D

Deleted member

Can someone explain me why people call Cory in the house an anime?

Is this some sort of joke im missing? or is just people making dumb jokes?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I thought it was from that stupid joke when a few years back, people were looking for Pokemon B/W roms and they gave them fake ones with the Cory in the House DS rom instead.

And Reddit/9gag ran wild with it and kids can't shut the hell up about it. Just like the John Cena meme and Smash fans with 'NERF Greninja' and 'Photoshopped Little Mac'

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not gonna lie, calling it a joke is giving it too much credit.
I much prefer "dead horse". It's gone, it stinks, and someone should've already thrown it away.

D

Deleted member

So after some reasearch, turns out there's a japanese dub of Cory in the House. So people jokingly started calling Cory in the house an "anime" as a result.

The logo of the show in japanese. If anyone's curious.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Not gonna lie, calling it a joke is giving it too much credit.
I much prefer "dead horse". It's gone, it stinks, and someone should've already thrown it away.
Calling it a dead horse is giving it TOO much credit

D

Deleted member

Okay, enough with this meme talk.

So, does anyone else likes Zelda: the Minish Cap?

It's pheraphs one of my favorite games on the GBA alongside Aria of Sorrow and Golden Sun.

Minish Cap deserves more love as a Zelda game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So after some reasearch, turns out there's a japanese dub of Cory in the House. So people jokingly started calling Cory in the house an "anime" as a result.

The logo of the show in japanese. If anyone's curious.
It reads Cory White House.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

It's pheraphs one of my favorite games on the GBA alongside Aria of Sorrow and Golden Sun.

The only Zelda games I've played are the first, Awakening DX, and the Oracle games. So I'm neutral on it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Favourite 2D Zelda game, and arguably the one that got me into appreciating Zelda games as a whole.

Vaati is my favourite Zelda villain, and the Minish Cap manga is pretty great too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Minish Cap was my second Zelda game as I first got into the series with the GBA consoles.

I still replay it from time to time along with the Wind Waker.

Though a shame Minish Cap didn't receive as much love in the series as a number of other games did. I do like the small nods and references it has been getting from Nintendo lately. (The return of the Gust Jar item as well as certain objects resembling the ones from the Minish Cap in Triforce Heroes as well as Toon Zelda holding the Hero's Shield in Super Mario Maker to name a few)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm literally having online Smash matches that have dropped exactly 10 inputs of mine in a row.

**** this game and it's netcode, seriously.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371

First Zelda game I ever played. (And also the first Zelda game I got stuck on as a kid and lost motivation, and then rediscovering it after learning English.) Should probably go get my GBA one day and play it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, people wonder why "Corry in the house is an anime" is a meme? Wut. I thought it was quite clear it was because it made little sense whatsoever, thus making perfect sense.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh wait, Pokken tournament is out already? Heh... guess that kinda shows how little attention I paid to it.... ^^;

I'll try out the demo and see if I will purchase the full version tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not gonna lie, HWL getting all this extra content almost 2 years after release makes me salty Smash DLC ended the way it did.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'm actually considering sending this to Alpharad or Styles or something...

What do you guys think? Would it succeed?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Not gonna lie, HWL getting all this extra content almost 2 years after release makes me salty Smash DLC ended the way it did.
For some reason when I read this, my mind shot back to how the Japanese Ballot said the results might be used for future games. . .

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, I could argue Hyrule Warriors has a bit of leeway when it comes to content.
At least it doesn't have to deal with balancing or a metagame.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For some reason when I read this, my mind shot back to how the Japanese Ballot said the results might be used for future games. . .
5-7 years tho...:(

Unless Smash NX is true and adds a bunch of new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom