• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'd be fine with the leaked NX controller prototype though I would have to have backwards compatibility with the Wii Classic Controller and the Wii U Controller Pro (possibly the Wii U gamepad as well). I don't want to play a game like Smash with a controller that has no buttons.

U-Air Fury all day baby :bluejump:
Nah.
If it was Fury he'd gain Limit faster.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was reading an interview and Sakurai said Cloud is balanced because he is not very good in the air.
But he has like the best aerials and autocancels in the game.
lol.
His aerials are great but they are balanaced by the fact they A) are very punishable on whiff, and B) they all hit at very specific angles/points. For example, Cloud's U-air is great, with a hitbox that lingers for a bit, but the problem is that the opponent HAS to be above Cloud for that lingering hitbox to connect. So when he's trying to use a lot of ground level U-airs, that won't work against small characters when they crouch, they can easily poke him out of it with a D-tilt, and with some characters, that leads to devastating combos.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Smash 4 would be so cool with a little more hitstun, gravity and nerfed air dodges/rolls/shield regeneration.

Too bad that will not happen, at least we have more shield stun now.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i just noticed that the supoort pokemon have room for 4 more sets just like the playable
(and obviously they *could* go full bore and add more, me personally cant see more than 10 more playable characters)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think Sakurai's take is that third party characters not appearing on Nintendo systems aren't banned, but that Sakurai is still reluctant to include them. Sakurai loves games from all systems, but at the end of the day he still has to answer back to Nintendo and he still has to answer to the other company involved.

Even if Sakurai is up for it, it's still up to Nintendo and the other company to cooperate. So if he wants, say, Master Chief, it's still up to the pair of direct competitors to decide if it's going to tip the balance unfairly to one or the other somehow. Someone on one side or the other may not be OK with the involvement.

And to be honest, outside of that specific criteria, there aren't very many characters who fall under the criteria of never being on a Nintendo system.

Pretty much the only roaming major developer I've found so far that doesn't show up is Valve.

You want Crash? Lara Croft? Commander Shepard? All already there.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They don't avoid them.

They just have no reason to cooperate.
OK, I worded that wrong.

I was just trying to jokingly refer to the fact that they don't have any kind of Nintendo presence.

*EDIT* I fixed it just now.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo have reason to co-operate with Valve, but Valve has no reason to co-operate with Nintendo.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It's interesting to think that a person like this:

...Was (and probably still is judging by the tweet and K' team's KOF XIII ending) a member of a Cartel/ Syndicate basically bet on world domination.

Truly, looks can be very deceiving.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Although that's another point.

If a company is already willing to cooperate with games, they're probably much more willing to cooperate with Smash characters, too.

Sure you could get a character that hasn't popped up yet, but if you've already had talks before when bringing games onto the system, initiating another set of talks to invite a character is going to be much easier.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
D

Deleted member

I can see Smash Bros eventually relying a lot on third parties eventually unless nintendo eventually gets more viable big name characters/IPS. I also think that's why their were so many FE characters. It's a franchise that had it's popularity burst rapididly since the last Smash. And since it's now sizable, they made use of the many main characters the franchise has, compared to other nintendo franchises that have only so many notable and viable characters in comparision..

...Was (and probably still is judging by the tweet and K' team's KOF XIII ending) a member of a Cartel/ Syndicate basically bet on world domination.

Man, everytime a new trailer comes out for this I get more and more excited each time. Just keeps looking better and better.

Also, NESTS was just quite the eccentric syndicate. :p I loved it.
Koreans are always the villain. :(
Except for Kim, MR Justice himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well this chick is also a member of a huge "evil" organization. Hell her job is to be the leader of the central front in pretty much the only visible conflict in the game (unless you count what the valkyrie is doing)

Looks can be deceiving, indeed
Maybe all idols are just evil?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well this chick is also a member of a huge "evil" organization. Hell her job is to be the leader of the central front in pretty much the only visible conflict in the game (unless you count what the valkyrie is doing)

Looks can be deceiving, indeed
Maybe all idols are just evil?
According to the bible they are

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Koreans are always the villain. :(
As someone that grew up in a family with Japanese members and have known people from Korea

I can tell you that Japanese and Koreans actually have quite a few issues with eachother.

It has a lot to do with what Japan did to Korea and Japan occupying Korea. Although it should be more Koreans that hate Japanese than Japanese that hate Koreans.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
After all the negativity for YW earlier today, @Fumi-Chan! will probably be happy to hear this.

Dealt with a lot of customers today, but I had one kid specifically come up and ask me where all the Yo Kai Watch toys were. Brought him over to the section with em and he got REALLY excited. He was easily one of the most excited kids I saw all day, and he REALLY loves Yo-Kai. That same area is full of Nintendo, Sonic, Pokémon and Minecraft toys, but I have yet to have anyone ask where those were at.

Plus he was wearing fencing gear, so he was probably getting off practice and fencing automatically makes you a marginal percent cooler.:cool:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After all the negativity for YW earlier today, @Fumi-Chan will probably be happy to hear this.

Dealt with a lot of customers today, but I had one kid specifically come up and ask me where all the Yo Kai Watch toys were. He was easily one of the most excited kids I saw all day, and he REALLY loves Yo-Kai.
My negativity toward it wasn't based on hatred, but more criticism. I would like it to be better

I am looking forward to the second game. Just, not so much the third.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
My negativity toward it wasn't based on hatred, but more criticism. I would like it to be better

I am looking forward to the second game. Just, not so much the third.
Oh nonono, I wasn't pointing fingers or anything. I was mostly talking about things like the sales and primarily japan appeal and stuff like that. Criticism =/= negativity after all.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man that fake leak controller looks awful.

It looks way to expensive to produce or sell and even if it's Nintendo whose been doing this for YEARS, they still look like actual controllers most of the time like the Wiimote and Gamepad.

This **** looks worst than the Steam controller's prototype. Atleast I'm happy you guys guys didn't spend multiple pages discussing this

D

Deleted member

Man that fake leak controller looks awful.

It looks way to expensive to produce or sell and even if it's Nintendo whose been doing this for YEARS, they still look like actual controllers most of the time like the Wiimote and Gamepad.

This **** looks worst than the Steam controller's prototype. Atleast I'm happy you guys guys didn't spend multiple pages discussing this
Pfffft, yo just can't accept "innovation". :p

Clearly making controllers much less convenient and stable is the right way to go.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So the supposed NX controller.

From the patent images, I thought it was neat... But it looks seriously impractical in reality. If it is going to implement buttons on the screen... No thanks. I want that feeling of actually pressing a button. Please don't make it the primary controller.

Gah, Nintendo, why are still focusing on gimmicks?

:231:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When my work switched from keyboards to touch screens, it made everything slower

Also you have to look at the touch screen while typing, unlike a keyboard. You can't actually feel the keys so you can't tell what your touching

I heard they did that because apparently the touch screen is easier for people that can't type

But it's a lot harder for people like me that can type 70 wpm

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My reaction to the controller:

I'm mad at whoever took Nintendo to the remedial geometry class a few years back. I just want a controller shaped controller plz, why is that so much to ask for?

Hope it's not real. :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... new SMM costume.

Yuu ayasaki.... apparently from an eroge VN. (The game is pretty NSFW, don't post it here.)

...That escalated quickly.

I'm an idiot. Two characters having the same name.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... new SMM costume.

Yuu ayasaki.... apparently from an eroge VN. (The game is pretty NSFW, don't post it here.)

...That escalated quickly.

Lol no. That's from Daigasso Band Brothers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, apparently they both have blue hair

What's the chances>

Unless Yuu Ayasaki means blue hair

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Damn, I did not expect the Nendroroid figures to be so expensive. I am not willing to pay that much

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so my prediction for the dlc characters(that arnt medli) will be
Marin
Phantom zelda
Ravio
Hilda
BECAUSE HAVING MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THE SAME CHARACTER IS....completely expected at this point

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Medli
Marin
Linebeck/Byrne
Ravio
Yuga/Hilda

Good line up.

Any word on whether you can buy Linkle, Toon Link, Skull Kid, Tetra and Daphnes on the Wii U without needing the 3DS version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom