• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why, after playing a game as long as XCX, would you immediately start a second run, especially when there are no time sensitive quests?
...Because they want to?

Like holy crap it's not that hard a thing to understand. Plenty of people play games way more times/way longer than they need to, just for fun.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My arts did 1 damage against

I'm at the final boss and I've already spent 80 hours, Fumi probably doesn't have a spare 80 hours to waste
I'm pretty sure that's for Fumi to decide and not for anyone here to play mommy and set curfews on how long people are allowed to play their games.

---------

In other news:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, why doesn't XCX have DLC? It's the kind of game in which DLC wouldn't be a bad idea
Probably because it would take resources away from the next big project they are likely already working on.

Wii U is obviously on it's way out so most of it's DLC support is ending. Hyrule Warriors is the only exception, and that's just because they were making Legends anyway.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Actually, why doesn't XCX have DLC? It's the kind of game in which DLC wouldn't be a bad idea
Does it really need it though? The base game is already packed with content as it is. DLC for XCX just seems kinda pointless. It's like trying to stuff extra beef into a Everything Burrito. It's just kinda a waste.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
It does have DLC, it's just on the disk on US version of the game for free. If you mean more DLC I don't know

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm pretty sure that's for Fumi to decide and not for anyone here to play mommy and set curfews on how long people are allowed to play their games.

---------

In other news:

Missed this somehow. I'm not trying to do a curfew of any kind. It's just rather tedious, especially as how there isn't even a way to replay the story mode unless you delete your only save
Does it really need it though? The base game is already packed with content as it is. DLC for XCX just seems kinda pointless.
If FE can have DLC packs that let you grind stupidly easy I want the same for this game as I can't find a good grinding spot

Ivander

Smash Legend
It actually did have DLC in Japan. We actually got all the DLC in our version though. H.B., Alexa, Yelv and Boze are DLC characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Before I forget, this is the base for Project U

Be afraid, be very afraid....

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sorta unrelated, but holy crap H.B. was a dingle
By what I heard, he gets better. Also, "Superior Trash Talk!" I'm not joking. That's a quote he actually says. That and the fact he's voiced by D.C.Douglas....
"Complete....Global....Trash Talk!"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Playing a little further into Revelation. . .

Gunter just tried to simultaneously pin Cornbread AND Azura for what he did.

What Cornbread did in response was just beautiful.

Get REKT.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
By what I heard, he gets better. Also, "Superior Trash Talk!" I'm not joking. That's a quote he actually says. That and the fact he's voiced by D.C.Douglas....
"Complete....Global....Trash Talk!"
He has superior in many of his arts, even the holofigure you for him is called superior form.
Hideo Bayonetta is tankier than ****ing Lin from what I heard
He is a better tank than Lin, the only one I think that's better than him is L.

D

Deleted member

All this Xenoblade X talk reminds me that I need to play this game
I'll do it after exams
But I'm not sure how and where do you recruit team members but considering they're pptional, I might as well just stick with Elma and Lin and whatever fodder I can find for the last slot

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hm so I was browsing 4chan for leaks, and found some interesting screencaps from the sun and moon trailer:

This was a zoomed in pic of what is some kind of bird it seems. Could it be the full look of the one we see later in the trailer?

and ignore the owl, rabbit, and dolphin here. This was a college of potentially real pokemon for the games:

The purple screen one looks like a night hawk of some kind. Can't make out the board one, it's something green with a black bump, kind of like a saddle. So maybe it's actually a car not a pokemon.

Thoughts?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can I gush a bit over Valkyria Chronicles? I started playing a week ago, and it's on its way to become my favourite games of all time.
  • The blend of turn based strategy, RPG and 3rd person shooter, which really works and is very engaging.
  • The fact that every character is voiced.
  • That every character, location and item has a backstory.
  • The large number of not-so-subtle references to the World Wars and Nazi Germany.
I could go on.

:231:

My 3DS may finally be going Kaput. It's having weird glitches and just shutting off

Shame.

The question is, do I go for a N3DS or hold out until the NX is de/confirmed as a hybrid?
Can I gush a bit over Valkyria Chronicles? I started playing a week ago, and it's on its way to become my favourite games of all time.
  • The blend of turn based strategy, RPG and 3rd person shooter, which really works and is very engaging.
  • The fact that every character is voiced.
  • That every character, location and item has a backstory.
  • The large number of not-so-subtle references to the World Wars and Nazi Germany.
I could go on.

:231:
Yet another reminder I need to get back into that game :X
Before I forget, this is the base for Project U

Be afraid, be very afraid....
This isn't Project U. . . this is Smash 4 Minus!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hideo Bayonetta is tankier than ****ing Lin from what I heard
H.B. is actually the weakest tank, mostly due to his lack of a all-around defensive aura and Stand Strong. Lin has Supershield and L has Astral Protection. The closest H.B. has to a defense aura is Iron Prison, which only reduces damage against Physical attacks. However, H.B. does have access to Last Stand, Gunforce and Trauma Tension, which basically gives him a niche as a more durable TP Battery compared to Irina.
Basically, the general idea for each tank:
-Lin: High Damage tank.
-H.B. TP Generator Tank.
-L: Lowest Damage, but the most durable Tank.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
omg o.o im kinda really afraid but im also fine with this e.e ................ Now all we need are custom skins............
There's plenty of those around. Just textures though, not full model imports. such examples include:

Captain american Falcon

Iron Samus man

Shadow

Various samus suits

More Little mac shirts, and much more. They do a lot with costume hacks as it's pretty easy atm, but going past that is trickier.

My 3DS may finally be going Kaput. It's having weird glitches and just shutting off

Shame.

The question is, do I go for a N3DS or hold out until the NX is de/confirmed as a hybrid?

Yet another reminder I need to get back into that game :X

This isn't Project U. . . this is Smash 4 Minus!
Hm....

you may be onto something here....

D

Deleted member

I've been feeling terrible lately, each passing day I feel like I grow more frustated and I can't seem to control my anger which just ends up frustating me even more
I don't even know why I'm starting to feel like this
I dunno, I just think I need something to calm down and make me relax

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been feeling terrible lately, each passing day I feel like I grow more frustated and I can't seem to control my anger which just ends up frustating me even more
That isn't good. If you can, you should try to figure out what's causing it. Then try things to calm yourself like reading, stress balls, exercise, etc. Anything that may calm you. Things like tea and yoga also are suppose to help( although I can literally not drink tea, or I get sick, and yoga isn't my thing lol.) Still other classes or exercises may help if you can be apart of them or do them yourself. You could always look up tips to if you need them. I hope that you can resolve this problem soon!

D

Deleted member

You might want to find out what's stressing you out first. That helps a lot, because before last night I was feeling very down and stress for reasons I wasn't aware of until some great resolutions last night...

Oh, also, how are you doing on sleep? Sleep helps a lot. Though what always helps me out is restoration yoga every Thursdays in my yoga class. But it's basically exactly like napping without feeling like crap when you wake back up. :p Though it's not exactly sleeping as much as it is relaxing everything including your mind.

You know I really hope this works on other people and not just me >_>

I've been feeling down recently so don't go thinking that you're alone in not feeling 100% if you feel that way.
Try to just keep it simple. Nothing too crazy.

Also what Megalon said.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You know I really hope this works on other people and not just me >_>

I've been feeling down recently so don't go thinking that you're alone in not feeling 100% if you feel that way.
Try to just keep it simple. Nothing too crazy.

Also what Megalon said.
Do not worry Phendrana always calms me down when I get stressed which is almost every day....

As I sit here listening to Heavy Thrash Metal :p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

@gameonion helped out with the newest video! Hopefully it'll clear some things up...but so far it looks like people are still in denial in the comment section.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait, Ridley was in 64? I never knew that. Was he flying in the back of Brinstar or something?

PushDustIn PushDustIn says 10 misconceptions because the article on SourceGaming the video is based off has 10. I think he decided to keep the last one out to get people on the site maybe?

Also, question. The Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card unlocks Shadow Mewtwo right off the bat, but you CAN unlock him regularly in the game in some form later, right?

Last edited:
Also, question. The Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card unlocks Shadow Mewtwo right off the bat, but you CAN unlock him regularly in the game in some form later, right?
Yes
Wait, Ridley was in 64? I never knew that. Was he flying in the back of Brinstar or something?
Yes
>9 misconceptions
>Says 10 multiple times
PushDustin is a fraud confirmed.
....why does it keep saying 10 misconceptions when there's only 9?
Check the description

The 10th one is on the site

WHO WANTS NX RUMORS!!!
http://www.destructoid.com/are-thes...1.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Is it e3 yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom