• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You might want to find out what's stressing you out first. That helps a lot, because before last night I was feeling very down and stress for reasons I wasn't aware of until some great resolutions last night...

Oh, also, how are you doing on sleep? Sleep helps a lot. Though what always helps me out is restoration yoga every Thursdays in my yoga class. But it's basically exactly like napping without feeling like crap when you wake back up. :p Though it's not exactly sleeping as much as it is relaxing everything including your mind.
Now that you mention it, I have been waking up stressed
I believe it's something related to my dreams but I'm not good at remembering those
You know I really hope this works on other people and not just me >_>

I've been feeling down recently so don't go thinking that you're alone in not feeling 100% if you feel that way.
Try to just keep it simple. Nothing too crazy.

Also what Megalon said.
Thanks for the music, it really does help to relax

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Snake and Cloud have been on Nintendo systems.

"Ridley has appeared in every smash 64 except for the 3ds version"
lol
And then there's this very quote from the exact same article everyone says objectively proves third parties can have never been on Nintendo systems and still get in.

Sakurai: At the same time, I think it’s only natural to prioritize the character who enjoys worldwide popularity. I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though.
Second sentence:

I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though.
And I'm going to link back to that same interview again.

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/

I don't think this is quite as cut and dry as many people are saying. Maybe non-appearing third parties can get in, but it's possible that it does some significant damage to their chances if they are truly non-present instead of simply only appearing in ports or spinoffs.

Thankfully SourceGaming actually posts the full reviews they translate so I can draw my own conclusions from them instead of getting the information secondhand.

D

Deleted member

Now that you mention it, I have been waking up stressed
I believe it's something related to my dreams but I'm not good at remembering those
Huh.... That actually strangely sounds familiar to a problem I had a long time ago.... I didn't purposely resolve it though, I just kind of kept doing my thng and it went away.

Still though, whatever it is, I hope ya feel better. I'm always open to talk to. And that goes for everyone.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With the NX on the horizon I wonder if it's a good time to try and collect the WiiU's entire physical release library as Last Gen console games drop significantly in price. It won't be as nuts as the Virtual Boy's entire Lineup being able to be held in one hand but it's not as nuts as the guys who got the entire collection of Wii games.

Edit: Looked up Wikipedia and there's at least 200 of the darn things. If this is a "failing" console how mad was the Wii's library?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes

Yes

Check the description

The 10th one is on the site

WHO WANTS NX RUMORS!!!
http://www.destructoid.com/are-thes...1.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Is it e3 yet?
It's design is interesting and does match the patent. Due to the plating though, it's hard to get a good look at it. It also seems to only have analog sticks, but the buttons may be blocked based on the angle, lighting, and placement of the plate. It could be nice, but we'll see in due time if it's real.

2:15

We've finally got that :4ganondorf: floating ability.
That floating ability was pretty good when I saw it. I'd take it, Ganon would be good.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Snake and Cloud have been on Nintendo systems.
"Ridley has appeared in every smash 64 except for the 3ds version"
lol
I really enjoyed those references to Snake and Cloud's Nintendo appearance in their representation and movesets!
Blah, I can't believe I said that and it wasn't caught before.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I like controller with screen, because I can play games on my toilet. That's a stupid reason, but whatever.

Edit : Seriously? This is the first post of the page?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Too anyone who thinks the "leaked NX controller" looks weird
NeoGAF always has something good.
Lol, I'm really tempted to make this my avatar, but I'll wait and see if it's real first.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I swear, if that's the controller, I feel like the NX is going to be the best console yet.

You essentially get the same controller experience like most gaming fans want, but it's a screen pasted onto the buttons.

I have only good feelings about it if its true.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I swear, if that's the controller, I feel like the NX is going to be the best console yet.

You essentially get the same controller experience like most gaming fans want, but it's a screen pasted onto the buttons.

I have only good feelings about it if its true.
You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it, but what the bloody blue blazes are you talking about? That controller looks like hot garbage. No buttons. It's so small. Your hand would cover most of it. And what is with that shape? I'm gagging just imagining playing with that thing.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it, but what the bloody blue blazes are you talking about? That controller looks like hot garbage. No buttons. It's so small. Your hand would cover most of it. And what is with that shape? I'm gagging just imagining playing with that thing.
Everybody disliked it, so Fumi needs to like it, or he will explode.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pokkén Tournament is tomorrow!

I still don't have a clue who my main could be but I'm going to play my first round as Pikachu Libre as I like what I see from her.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The NX "leaked" controller reminds me of this:

They have models of these( made by different companies) that are slightly smaller and curved exactly like that controller. If it were real, that's an interesting design comparison.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There are buttons upon closer inspection, you can see A and B buttons next to the the right analog stick. They're just integrated to the screen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pokkén Tournament is tomorrow!

I still don't have a clue who my main could be but I'm going to play my first round as Pikachu Libre as I like what I see from her.
I got it early by ordering from Nintendo UK's site. Do you intend to pick up the controller as well?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I really enjoyed those references to Snake and Cloud's Nintendo appearance in their representation and movesets!
Blah, I can't believe I said that and it wasn't caught before.
How exactly do you specifically reference a Nintendo appearance in a moveset, though?

Just because the moveset is taken from a game that happened to be on Nintendo systems? Sonic, Pac-Man, and Ryu were all originally ported to Nintendo systems. Heck, Street Fighter 2 was the primary inspiration for Ryu, and that was a port. Some of Pac-Man's moves come from Pac-Man, and that was a port. A huge chunk of Sonic's moves and soundtrack come from games that originally appeared on SEGA systems and were ported.

Or is being ported from an arcade cabinet or a fallen rival somehow different from being ported from something originally on a Playstation disk somehow?

See, this might be what Sakurai meant. He doesn't distinguish between where a game comes from. He just cares if it eventually come to roost on Nintendo systems. Cloud may have been a lot more of a stretch than the others and may have taken moves from a game that only appeared elsewhere, but what exactly are they going to do to make him more Nintendo? Give him a rhythm-based moveset?

*EDIT* I probably said something or several things stupid here, but the point is that while they'll take whatever is most heavily associated with Nintendo if they can, Ryu is about as much referencing his Nintendo appearances as Snake is.

Last edited:
Personal opinions on the "leak"
looks like crap.
No physical buttons (except MAYBE the b button) makes me cry
Doesn't make much sense as a controller
Apparently patents and final designs are never the same
Leak from reddit AND a site that is banned on neogaf reposted on Destructoid. . .
So probably (my bias may be fuelin gthe use of "probably" instead of "maybe" not even real
yay.

I didnt know @epicmartin7 's neogaf account was called "toxi"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198568408&postcount=731

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Why are TF2 matchmaking stress tests at the worst times for me??

Before I forget, this is the base for Project U

Be afraid, be very afraid....
I want the Super Turbo Ryu mods.
Ryu's downsmash is essentially a wavedash. No hiding now. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Before I forget, this is the base for Project U

Be afraid, be very afraid....
>Rosalina is completely invisible and intangible, Luma is unchanged

That's actually brilliant.

That's just one of the many directions a "canon Rosalina" could go for Smash. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes, I preordered the controller and it'll be ready tomorrow along with the game.
Sweet. I wish it was compatible with other games (it's like a perfectly ergonomic SNES controller so a little VC update wouldn't kill you right Nintendo?) but it's the best way to play the game.

D

Deleted member

Calling it now, if that controller is real, there's going to be a "devolution on nintendo controllers" meme. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sweet. I wish it was compatible with other games (it's like a perfectly ergonomic SNES controller so a little VC update wouldn't kill you right Nintendo?) but it's the best way to play the game.
Yeah, restricting it to one game is silly.

I might try to see if I can also use it on computer eventually (if people made a driver for the GameCube adapter, why not this?)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why are TF2 matchmaking stress tests at the worst times for me??

I want the Super Turbo Ryu mods.
Ryu's downsmash is essentially a wavedash. No hiding now. :secretkpop:
The speed on Ryu's attacks in this was to perfect. We can finally make him the ultimate top tier!

No Items, Ryu Only, Suzaku Castle!

>Rosalina is completely invisible and intangible, Luma is unchanged

That's actually brilliant.

That's just one of the many directions a "canon Rosalina" could go for Smash. :p
When I first watched this, I hadn't realized that. When I did, I thought that, that would be both clever and hilarious.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
PushDustIn PushDustIn

:shadowmoses: was based entirely on Twin Snakes (and your little bit about it being from MGS4 is bull as the MGS4 version looks incredibly different) and :snake:'s design took elements from it. His Side B's design is taken straight from the game. Not to mention the inspiration Dream Mix Fighters which was a Gamecube game. There is also music from the NES games.

Cloud used several of his attacks that made it in Smash Bros in his Kingdom Hearts handheld titles.Hell, it's where his forward smash is from.

There are references and they should not be ignored.

Push, I don't know why you have an attitude about this but stop it please. You're being anal to US when none of us are being mean. You've gotten kind of elitist lately. What's wrong?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Missed this somehow. I'm not trying to do a curfew of any kind. It's just rather tedious, especially as how there isn't even a way to replay the story mode unless you delete your only save

If FE can have DLC packs that let you grind stupidly easy I want the same for this game as I can't find a good grinding spot
Late but.
If you want I can try to dig up a particular "stretch" of the final continent I went through to get to the level cap which is only 60 for some god forsaken reason.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Cloud used several of his attacks that made it in Smash Bros in his Kingdom Hearts handheld titles.Hell, it's where his forward smash is from.

That's his Forward Smash? :/
That just looks like some generic slashes.
It's like saying Ganondorf's Fair is based on some of his animations of Ocarina of Time or that artwork, just because it's a punch.

Sakurai said he wanted to make Cloud fast and powerful, but to not make it broken he made the Forward Smash (for example) a 3 hit combo, to make it look like Cloud uses his sword really fast, but the first hit isn't really that fast.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn

:shadowmoses: was based entirely on Twin Snakes (and your little bit about it being from MGS4 is bull as the MGS4 version looks incredibly different) and :snake:'s design took elements from it. His Side B's design is taken straight from the game. Not to mention the inspiration Dream Mix Fighters which was a Gamecube game. There is also music from the NES games.

Push, I don't know why you have an attitude about this but stop it please. You're being anal to US when none of us are being mean. You've gotten kind of elitist lately. What's wrong?
It looks like the forward Smash was inspired by FFVII (Source):

I'm sorry if I come off as anal, or elitist. I don't have a lot of time lately, which is why my posting frequency has gone significantly down. My schedule is jam packed for the next two weeks, and then after that I have to get ready for Golden Week (which means I have to prepare stuff in advanced for the vacation, be away for the vacation and start from ground 0 again). The only reason I have enough time to spend on this reply is because my taxes took a lot less time than I expected. I'm not trying to be a ****, I swear. I just don't have a lot of free time these days.

Sakurai has never once mentioned Cloud's or Snake's Nintendo appearances in interviews, or when writing about them in his columns. If they were an important factor Sakurai would have at least mentioned something like "After seeing Snake in Twin Snakes, I knew he had to be in Smash!" or "After playing KH on the portables, I knew Cloud would fit right in". There's no example of that, anywhere. It seems that the characters overall popularity is the ultimate deciding factor (and not being a manga character/ Spongebob).

For too long people believed that being on a Nintendo console was the only way to get in Smash, thanks to a mistranslation about Sakurai's comments. This is why I was one of the few people who saw Cloud coming if there was a FF rep. Ironically enough, Black Mage who was very much the fanbase 'favorite' for a FF rep has never been mentioned once. People think that Sakurai just plays Nintendo games, but that's not the case at all. He loves Steam, he loves the PSP and doesn't believe in console wars. He wants to work with other people, and enjoys these collaborations. It's why I predicted that the future of Smash is Characters, and look how DLC shaped up.

In the end, my goal is to get the Smash fanbase to let go of these notions, and go back and read the full interviews. That was my goal with the Definitive Unused Fighter List (which desperately needs to be rewritten), Is Sakurai a Liar? and my intention with this video.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So... The "leaked" NX Controller. I mean... I get Nintendo has a tendency of making odd controllers (Wii anyone?), but good Lord let that not be it.
Just let me have a traditional, non-gimmicky controller. I don't need beels and whistles to aprreaciate it, I just need something that responds well.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I was reading an interview and Sakurai said Cloud is balanced because he is not very good in the air.
But he has like the best aerials and autocancels in the game.
lol.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was reading an interview and Sakurai said Cloud is balanced because he is not very good in the air.
lol.
And somewhere, somehow, Little Mac is weeping for his shortcomings.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'd be fine with the leaked NX controller prototype though I would have to have backwards compatibility with the Wii Classic Controller and the Wii U Controller Pro (possibly the Wii U gamepad as well). I don't want to play a game like Smash with a controller that has no buttons.
lol.
U-Air Fury all day baby :bluejump:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom