• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The salt pleases me here

Dude...no one cares about your hentai obsession for Rosalina
Noone cares about your hate for certain characters for no known reason. It's really obvious and you always bash wierdly like saying Rosa is hentai in this case.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Death Battle was good, was wondering when they'd get to that fight. I just wanna know who's going to be the rival opponent for the next one. King Dedede is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

Dude...no one cares about your hentai obsession for Rosalina
Take it to PMs before you both get infracted.

EDIT: :facepalm:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welcome to Version 1.1.5

This can't be airdodged, and if you try to DI, you eat a b-air.
Do you eat a guaranteed sweetspotted B-air, or do you eat a sourspot one?

If it's the latter than that's not much of an issue for Zelda's opponent.

If it's the former then expect a lot of pocket Zeldas.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Do you eat a guaranteed sweetspotted B-air, or do you eat a sourspot one?

If it's the latter than that's not much of an issue for Zelda's opponent.

If it's the former then expect a lot of pocket Zeldas.
Well, the description says it's guaranteed so most likely the sweetspot.

I'm going to assume this varies from character to character, though.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I'm upset that Shulk didn't receive any buffs this patch but at least some of his tough match ups go nerfed so thats good. Still hoping we get one more patch though to make all low tire characters a least viable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I'm on the final Chapter in Conquest:

Man this is a really well done fight. It was easy to figure out how to beat muk garon. I took 4 groups into the first 4 hideaways, took out the healers then the attackers. Then everyone took the stairs and took out the middle resistance. Garon hits pretty heavy, but if you group everyone around him, he can fall in one turn. The ending was interesting here! Wasn't expecting Tamuki to be possessed. the entire cutscene where corrin is dead and still Ryouma, his mother, and Tamuki was filled with lot's of feels. I lost twice on the Muk Tamuki fight, so now I'm gaining levels before going back there. Hopefully that and a new stragety will net me the win! Really liked the scenes presented though. And the music for the stage you fight Tamuki in is really good!
I'm so close to the ending! Hopefully I will win the next time I do it.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, Corrin feels much slower
Fine, nerf the freaking counter
Reduce her damage
But why the runnng speed? Why? Just why?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Have you guys heard of the rumors about Luigi's Mansion 3?
Yes, I posted about it the other day. I hope it's real, it could be really good! And nice avatar!

Holy ****, Corrin feels much slower
Fine, nerf the freaking counter
Reduce her damage
But why the runnng speed? Why? Just why?
I really don't understand why they nerfed Corrin's movement, it really did need buffs not de buffs. It makes no sense...

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Major Buff: :4charizard::4mewtwo::4samus:
Minor Buff: :4ganondorf::4kirby::4zelda:
Slight Buff: :4duckhunt::4greninja::4link::4gaw::4pacman::4palutena::4robinm:
Slight Nerf: :4bayonetta::4cloud:
Minor Nerf: :4corrinf::4metaknight::4sheik::4zss:
Major Nerf:

Corrin really only needed the Counter Surge fix IMO and Mewtwo didn't really need anything beyond N-Air/Up-Smash. Regardless the fact that pretty much every character was indirectly buffed by the toning down of the S-Tiers is amazing and probably makes this the best patch we've gotten. I legitimately have no idea who might take the top spot at this point considering there was already a power creep.

Just give :4dedede::4jigglypuff: some direct love and the competitive future of this game will be golden, assuming we don't kill each other over 2 vs. 3 stocks, Miis, customs, and conservative auto-bans...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
To be fair, I enjoyed playing Corrin due to how broken the character is, but facing it was pretty annoying since Corrin is indeed broken. So I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm happy he got the nerf. Same for Bayo even if it's slightly. DHD getting a slight buf is interesting and since he's one of my mains, I don't mind trying him more. But Zamus and Sheik? Holy Smashballs!

D

Deleted member

Just seen the Death Battle!
Bayonetta still won for me. She can also kill angels in one shot (as seen in B2) AND HIDEKI KAMIYA literally said she would win against Dante. But good watch.
We've literally been over that subject multiple times on this thread.
It was just Kamiya poking fun in saying Bayonetta would win solely because she's a woman.

He wasn't being serious.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyway since I've had a lot of salt thrown my way for making one joking statement about my main in competitive Smash, I'll give some more legitimate thoughts on the issue:

Rosalina had a few challenges to overcome in competitive play regarding certain other relevant MUs like Sheik, ZSS, and Meta Knight, prior to this patch. I've seen a lot of Rosalina mains cry for patches on these, and while I never really felt strongly about these other characters needing nerfs (especially not FOR Rosalina, because I thought her competitive players just couldn't handle the MUs due to Rosalina's stagnating meta, not because the character legitimately couldn't handle the MUs), the fact remains that these nerfs HAVE happened, they are mostly EXACTLY what competitive Rosalina mains have been asking for. Basically, while Rosalina didn't receive any buffs directly in the vein of Samus and Mewtwo, she quite literally might have received the biggest (indirect) buff of all, and that's an already amazing character having her main competition nerfed in areas that REALLY matter.

While I have ALWAYS thought Rosalina had the best POTENTIAL out of every character in the game and COULD take the #1 spot (which I don't think is unreasonable to say, considering the endless creative potential she has due to Luma's mechanics), she has always been #2 or #3. Some people even believe lower, thinking she's "barely viable". I've always agreed with the #2/#3 placement, because the fact is that not many people play Rosalina, and of those people that play her, they don't show up very frequently and aren't as good as Sheik players. Even Dabuz, is right behind Nairo and ZeRo in the rankings, because fundamentally, he's not as good a player as those two. Regardless of who he plays.

However, in light of Dabuz and his Rosalina play improving recently (he just won a tournament with Rosalina right before this patch, and it was filled with Sheik, ZSS, and Meta Knight, Rosalina's three big adversaries before in the eyes of most), and in light of this new patch removing a lot of the primary MU issues Rosalina had against other characters, I think more than ever, it's fair to say Rosalina is an obvious contender for the best character in the game. Also, this may not be relevant, but in the Irish competitive scene, a Rosalina player, MiNT, has been DOMINATING with her for the past few months over here, and IIRC he's been doing so well that he's dropped Sheik as a pocket main (the Power Ranking used to display both Rosalina and Sheik as his character IIRC, but now it's just Rosalina).

HOWEVER, Rosalina as a fighter has one main big hurdle left to overcome - her player base. Rosalina players are infamous for not being able fully utilise their own character. Go to the Rosalina MU boards and you'll see Rosalina players claiming all sorts of characters are bad MUs for Rosalina, to the point where one would be perfectly justified in asking "if she really has trouble against all of these characters, why is she top tier and why is she such a dominant character?".

These nerfs that recently happened to Rosalina's competitors are EXACTLY what Rosalina mains were whining for, their main issues have been "fixed", but I feel she will still struggle against these characters if her player base doesn't start innovating and using more of her tools, and doesn't quit this "exclusively hyper defensive" playstyle that has PLAGUED this character's player base since day one (hyper defense has it's place, but in some MUs, exclusively focusing on it too much is asking to lose when there are much better options Rosalina could be using. The Captain Falcon MU is a great example of this). New blood in Rosalina's player base could also really help and is more likely to happen if her competitors are to see such heavy nerfs, but even that may not happen because Rosalina is an unorthodox character, and one of the least beginner friendly and most technical in the game at high level play. There's also the fact that the Smash community just really has a bias towards obvious "super flashy and fast anime cool dude/babe swordfighter/brawler" characters. You know, like Sheik, ZSS, Meta Knight, Corrin, Marth, Fox, Captain Falcon, etc. Both from an aesthetic and meta game standpoint. Rosalina CAN be these things but she doesn't look it at a surface level. Playing rushdown Rosalina, for example, takes a lot of practice and you need to master some key techniques, such as Lunar Landing.

TL;DR: Rosalina has a very clear window to become undisputed #1 on the tier list over time, but I'm a bit skeptical, mainly due to her player base being lacking and not being sure how much new blood will come to play her even with other characters being nerfed.

As for who else could be goddess of Smash 4 with Rosalina, Bayonetta is another big candidate, but again, she needs time to develop, especially since she did receive some nerfs herself. Nothing too major, mainly just QOL fixes to things that were a bit over the top and easy to use, but nothing that makes specific MUs harder. She also received slight buffs if I'm reading the Patch Notes correctly.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Anyway since I've had a lot of salt thrown my way for making one joking statement about my main in competitive Smash, I'll give some more legitimate thoughts on the issue:

Rosalina had a few challenges to overcome in competitive play regarding certain other relevant MUs like Sheik, ZSS, and Meta Knight, prior to this patch. I've seen a lot of Rosalina mains cry for patches on these, and while I never really felt strongly about these other characters needing nerfs (especially not FOR Rosalina, because I thought her competitive players just couldn't handle the MUs due to Rosalina's stagnating meta, not because the character legitimately couldn't handle the MUs), the fact remains that these nerfs HAVE happened, they are mostly EXACTLY what competitive Rosalina mains have been asking for. Basically, while Rosalina didn't receive any buffs directly in the vein of Samus and Mewtwo, she quite literally might have received the biggest (indirect) buff of all, and that's an already amazing character having her main competition nerfed in areas that REALLY matter.

While I have ALWAYS thought Rosalina had the best POTENTIAL out of every character in the game and COULD take the #1 spot (which I don't think is unreasonable to say, considering the endless creative potential she has due to Luma's mechanics), she has always been #2 or #3. Some people even believe lower, thinking she's "barely viable". I've always agreed with the #2/#3 placement, because the fact is that not many people play Rosalina, and of those people that play her, they don't show up very frequently and aren't as good as Sheik players. Even Dabuz, is right behind Nairo and ZeRo in the rankings, because fundamentally, he's not as good a player as those two. Regardless of who he plays.

However, in light of Dabuz and his Rosalina play improving recently (he just won a tournament with Rosalina right before this patch, and it was filled with Sheik, ZSS, and Meta Knight, Rosalina's three big adversaries before in the eyes of most), and in light of this new patch removing a lot of the primary MU issues Rosalina had against other characters, I think more than ever, it's fair to say Rosalina is an obvious contender for the best character in the game. Also, this may not be relevant, but in the Irish competitive scene, a Rosalina player, MiNT, has been DOMINATING with her for the past few months over here, and IIRC he's been doing so well that he's dropped Sheik as a pocket main (the Power Ranking used to display both Rosalina and Sheik as his character IIRC, but now it's just Rosalina).

HOWEVER, Rosalina as a fighter has one main big hurdle left to overcome - her player base. Rosalina players are infamous for not being able fully utilise their own character. Go to the Rosalina MU boards and you'll see Rosalina players claiming all sorts of characters are bad MUs for Rosalina, to the point where one would be perfectly justified in asking "if she really has trouble against all of these characters, why is she top tier and why is she such a dominant character?".

These nerfs that recently happened to Rosalina's competitors are EXACTLY what Rosalina mains were whining for, their main issues have been "fixed", but I feel she will still struggle against these characters if her player base doesn't start innovating and using more of her tools, and doesn't quit this "exclusively hyper defensive" playstyle that has PLAGUED this character's player base since day one (hyper defense has it's place, but in some MUs, exclusively focusing on it too much is asking to lose when there are much better options Rosalina could be using. The Captain Falcon MU is a great example of this). New blood in Rosalina's player base could also really help and is more likely to happen if her competitors are to see such heavy nerfs, but even that may not happen because Rosalina is an unorthodox character, and one of the least beginner friendly and most technical in the game at high level play. There's also the fact that the Smash community just really has a bias towards obvious "super flashy and fast anime cool dude/babe swordfighter/brawler" characters. You know, like Sheik, ZSS, Meta Knight, Corrin, Marth, Fox, Captain Falcon, etc. Both from an aesthetic and meta game standpoint. Rosalina CAN be these things but she doesn't look it at a surface level. Playing rushdown Rosalina, for example, takes a lot of practice and you need to master some key techniques, such as Lunar Landing.

TL;DR: Rosalina has a very clear window to become undisputed #1 on the tier list over time, but I'm a bit skeptical, mainly due to her player base being lacking and not being sure how much new blood will come to play her even with other characters being nerfed.

As for who else could be goddess of Smash 4 with Rosalina, Bayonetta is another big candidate, but again, she needs time to develop, especially since she did receive some nerfs herself. Nothing too major, mainly just QOL fixes to things that were a bit over the top and easy to use, but nothing that makes specific MUs harder. She also received slight buffs if I'm reading the Patch Notes correctly.
probelm zelda got a hooha so...ya zelda became to tier now...go figure the patch they nerf sheik is the one that buffed zelda

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
probelm zelda got a hooha so...ya zelda became to tier now...go figure the patch they nerf sheik is the one that buffed zelda
Not really, as it's still escapable in some way. You might need to take a b-air but I don't think it's a sweet-spotted one inmost cases.

Lighter characters like Rosalina especially, won't have much to worry about.

Also Hoo-Hah was good because Diddy was good in a lot of other aspects.

Zelda still can't approach well to get the grabs she needs and while has been definitely improved, will still be fairly low tier.

She's like Dedede and Game & Watch now, not good all around but has some kind of clutch mechanic that might turns the tables sometimes.

And Shiek is still miles better than Zelda, and still a really good character. Her nerfs weren't TOO bad.

EDIT:

THEY NERFED THEIR ROLLS TOO

CORN DID NOTHING WRONG SAKURAI

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Playing Revelation, and. . .

Well, I only just started it before being stupid and getting Corrin destroyed. . .on Easy/Casual. . .(I'm an idiot. :facepalm:. . .GRINDING TIME!) but at this point I have one thing to say:

The game hasn't even formally revealed it yet, but Gunter is so obviously the mole that it's painful. It's like the reverse form of a situation in another game that's still under spoiler NDA. The fact that he has no Supports makes it so obvious in retrospect once you get threatened and he suddenly is standing there playing innocent that it's funny. Then he starts feebly trying to scapegoat Azura and it goes past funny and into the territory of being just plain sad.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
just watched the Dante vs. Bayo Death Battle...after hearing the analysis on both characters since I knew basically nothing about their abilities...I agree with the outcome...

:4bowser:vs.:4ganondorf: I'm calling it...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
just watched the Dante vs. Bayo Death Battle...after hearing the analysis on both characters since I knew basically nothing about their abilities...I agree with the outcome...

:4bowser:vs.:4ganondorf: I'm calling it...
I just finishing watching the Death Battle too. I think it is the best fight thus far. I didn't really know who to root for since I like them both, but...
Dante's finish on Bayonetta was just brutal, though his win makes a lot of sense.
And I'm predicting Bowser vs Ganondorf too, especially with all those Zelda hints a while back. The top Youtube comments I've seen thus far are predicting Bowser vs K. Rool b/c they are both reptilian kings. Wouldn't mind a battle between those two either, but I'm still leaning towards Bowser vs Ganondorf as the more probable one (not to mention I think it'd be pretty epic to finally have these two duke it out in a proper battle to the death).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure Ganondorf would win VS Bowser since his plot armour would protect him.

You need something like the Master Sword to defeat Ganondorf, but a god tier character could also feasibly defeat him by other means. However, Bowser has neither of these.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm totally fine with them nerfing the OP shiz that Corrin had though it's BS that they would nerf Cloud and not Bayo.
Life is unfair. ;_;

Though I also wouldn't use VGChartz as any kind of reliable barometer. Those figures sound like they're coming from there
I feel ya N3ON.

It is from VGC. VGC tends to fabricate numbers but I don't think the number is too far off from what's listed there. Bottom line is Golden Sun sold just fine and it's stupid to say that theirs no demand for the series when back in the 00's FE games were getting pumped out like crazy and only selling a similar amount of units. NA especially for Golden Sun is a huge base with NA usually selling more than Europe and Japan added together.

I always thought that when it came to Isaac being in Smash Bros, his inclusion could be warranted the same way :4littlemac:got in the game. A character that was upgraded from Assist to Playable and gets in despite not being too popular with Japanese fans because of the solid Western backing. In this case, Isaac would be the same only that he does have a sizable Japanese fanbase.
It have sold well, and is popular, but as I said, Nintendo doesn't seem to interested in it currently, sadly. That could change, but I wouldn't say it's likely for now.

I completely forgot this was a thing... I'll stay optimistic, but it's a strange concept...
Which is stupid considering their so invested in having all these RPG's on the 3DS and yet they can't find room to put in a 4th Golden Sun game.

Seriously hoping that they have a reveal announcement for GS4 for the series 15th anniversary this year. I'd be pissed if there wasn't.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really messed up.

One of my finals was a presentation.

I'm usually so great at those that I can wing it (don't but still).

I had a plan. I had notes. I had practiced.

I couldn't even form sentences correctly.

I feel awful. Really angry at myself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really messed up.

One of my finals was a presentation.

I'm usually so great at those that I can wing it (don't but still).

I had a plan. I had notes. I had practiced.

I couldn't even form sentences correctly.

I feel awful. Really angry at myself.
That's to bad, what happened that you froze up? Hopefully you still did well and passed the final.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's to bad, what happened that you froze up? Hopefully you still did well and passed the final.
I definitely passed.

I guess it was a combo of not preparing as much as I should have and lack of sleep.

Still...

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Welcome to Version 1.1.5

This can't be airdodged, and if you try to DI, you eat a b-air.
Aw, snap, can't wait to start doing this.

Phantoms can impede movement, so I like to send one out and grab/dash attack the opponent while they're trying to run through it. Or if they just destroy it, I get an easy punish.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Which is stupid considering their so invested in having all these RPG's on the 3DS and yet they can't find room to put in a 4th Golden Sun game.
Because GS's devs also make the Mario Sport games and it's easier and more cost effective to throw an empty husk like Ultra Smash together than to make an RPG.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I definitely passed.

I guess it was a combo of not preparing as much as I should have and lack of sleep.

Still...
At least you passed! Sleep is definitely needed for presentations. Preparing hopes to, but at least you got it done. All you can do now is practice and stay collected the next time you have one of these.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I definitely passed.

Still...
The important thing about it is that you passed the class. Use that time to analyze how you would improve yourself for the future presentations ;)

...meanwhile I have to prepare for my presentation Monday and my group haven't even started -___-

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I also just realized that the Battle Frontier could make a return in Sun and Moon!

The backpacker with the Strange souvenir mentions how they have this amazing battle facility and a town that you won't believe! So please.... Battle Frontier Game Freak!

HYPE NEVER DIES BOYS

HYPE

NEVER

DIES
Obvious troll is obvious.....

Seriously please don't post fake tweets...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

HYPE NEVER DIES BOYS

HYPE

NEVER

DIES
WHAT.

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT.

So much for Bayo being the last character and Sakurai going for a vacation... Obligatory @PushDustIn tag.

Got duped.

I've seen Zelda and Samus in action now... These ladies got some serious buffs that were overdue so long ago.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
WHAT.

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT.

So much for Bayo being the last character and Sakurai going for a vacation... Obligatory @PushDustIn tag.

Also, I've seen Zelda and Samus in action now... These ladies got some serious buffs that were overdue so long ago.
Frost... It's a troll..... It's not real...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
DLC is done, and even if there was something such as Smash NX, the 3ds wouldn't have data for it. It would more then likely be incompatible with it.
YOU NINJA'D ME. >:(

Me being duped like this. :(

Ah well.
It's alright! I checked his twitter, although the image looked off. It certainly be interesting if it were real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom