• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So the general important things to take from this:

-Sheik received a few nerfs, most notably needles having less range now
-ZSS received quite a few nerfs, mainly in damage output
-Meta Knight got nerfs too, most notably his U-air. It has a more horizontal angle now so it's not the obnoxious juggling tool it once was
-Bayonetta and Corrin were changed, not sure how yet
-Samus received MAJOR buffs. I hear Mewtwo did too
-Rosalina didn't receive anything, but she may be the game's new undisputed #1, due to the fact literally all of her big competition got nerfed in a way that removes the main challenges she had in those MUs (Meta Knight not being able to juggle her like before, for example)

SO THIS IS HOW THE COOKIE CRUMBLES

AND FROM IT, EMERGES THIS FACE

yes we're all very happy for you and your waifu

That was back in 2012 lol. I would say a fair amount of time has passed since then. We don't want to wait like 5-7 years for every installment to come out.

As for demand, DD did just fine. Japan and Europe sales were decent and NA sales for GS were off the roof (540,000 units). Anyone saying that their isn't a demand for GS is kidding themselves because DD on it's own has outsold every FE game barring Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Fates. The GS series as a whole has only sold about 50% less then the entire FE series added altogether.
Life is unfair. ;_;

Though I also wouldn't use VGChartz as any kind of reliable barometer. Those figures sound like they're coming from there.

So, Meta Knight can do this now...

There's a glimmer of hope but I don't know what to think at this point
It's not a true Smash game until MK is broken. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh god.

Ohhh god those Cloud nerfs.

I think I'm gonna hurl.

No really though I understand most of those but extending Limit's charge time by 1.5 seconds is gross... and Finishing Touch KB nerf is worrysome.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
They nerfed Corrin's walking and running speed. What the actual hell.

I don't understand some of these changes...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm loving those Greninja, Mewtwo, Charizard, and Samus buffs, Greninja and Mewtwo already got a good set over the past few patches, but seeing them get even more is always a plus (and it's kind of funny to see Mewtwo be as fast as he is in the actual Pokémon games). Samus and Charizard definitely needed those buffs and I'm happy that they finally happened for them since they're in the areas that needed to be addressed the most.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I cant believe how fast Mewtwo is. 7th fastest in the game. It looks as it should be for someone who can fly.

AreJay25

That looks better in some ways than what Meta Knight use to be able to do tbh. Like, even if you don't kill them they still have to recover to the stage.
Yeah, that's true. Unfortunately, it seems that it's easy to DI out of, so I don't know how practical it'll be.

I'm seeing some applications of his new fair, at the very least. It does set up into a few things.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Also, oh man, I'm loving Charizard's Fair and Bair. I always used them, but now I can use them without fear of missing and being punished (to a degree).

D

Deleted member

About the balance patch
Please tell me they didn't nerf Cloud that hard
And I hope Corrin's counter is untouched
Is it just me, or are these arms REALLY tiny and that head REALLY big?
Yeah, it looks like they just photoshopped his head in there lol

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Fsmash got nerfed, LB Cross Slash got nerfed, Limit needs to charge more, Uair is nerfed
Corrin's got less knockback growth on it iirc
I can understand those at least
FSmash was way too powerful especially

Well, damn, guess all that whining did actually do something
Did Corrin get any other nerfs?

AreJay25

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I can understand those at least
FSmash was way too powerful especially

Well, damn, guess all that whining did actually do something
Did Corrin get any other nerfs?
So many deaths recently... my condolences to his family.

Damage nerfs on fair, nair, uair and fully charged DFS.
His walking and running speed got a decrease as well.

Activation frames for counter was reduced to 25 from 30 as well.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wonder how long until our final patch. Patching is such a fun process. Kinda reinvigorates the fans.

'Oh, my main changed? Better go play again!"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wonder how long until our final patch. Patching is such a fun process. Kinda reinvigorates the fans.

'Oh, my main changed? Better go play again!"
I'd rather the patches finish up because the Smash 4 community just relies on them way too much.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
New patch, huh. Well, judging by the stuff so far, you can't say they don't listen to fans.

(And I totally called another patch anyway.)

Happy for more Ganondorf and Mewtwo buffs (weight buff ftw!) anyway. Zelda and Samus also got some much needed buffs too and I agree Cloud and Corrin were a bit on the "too strong" side. Guess ZSS and Sheik also got adjustments as well (and by adjustments, I meant nerfs because euphemisms).

Shame I won't be able to download the patch until later today, but I'm curious to see the changes in action.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the speed nerfs on Corrin were dumb.

Counter nerfs I understand, but he already felt like he didn't move fast enough. I was hoping for a slight increase, but nope, they made him even slower.

Definitely the most baffling change in the entire patch.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That was back in 2012 lol. I would say a fair amount of time has passed since then. We don't want to wait like 5-7 years for every installment to come out.

As for demand, DD did just fine. Japan and Europe sales were decent and NA sales for GS were off the roof (540,000 units). Anyone saying that their isn't a demand for GS is kidding themselves because DD on it's own has outsold every FE game barring Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Fates. The GS series as a whole has only sold about 50% less then the entire FE series added altogether.
It have sold well, and is popular, but as I said, Nintendo doesn't seem to interested in it currently, sadly. That could change, but I wouldn't say it's likely for now.

http://m.game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20160316_748556.html

Who is ready for Resident Evil the musical? Zombies will dance and sing!
I completely forgot this was a thing... I'll stay optimistic, but it's a strange concept...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I hate unlawful copyright strikes.

Do you want to know what I also hate? Blackmail over a parody.

I know this is 3 days old but it's wrong, vile and utterly disgusting. It's one of those things you can't make up if you tried now.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, yesterday, I fianlly got the tp ost and one thing I really wanted to get is basically how many channels midna's lament was using because it felt mono.

And to figure that out, I put the flac I got in audacity and of course the file is stereo, but the first thing I noticed is both channels does look similar. Then, I listened in stereo and it still felt that only the end has some stereo parts. So to convince myself, I splitted the file into 2 mono tracks and muted one of them so the file would loose a channel and I would be only listening to one channel in mono. In normal stereo bgm, this would be a big difference because you wouldn't hear any stereo effect AND you would notice data loss because it is missing a channel.

But on this track......the only difference I clearly notice is at the end of the loop, everything before felt the same. Meaning that even after removing a channel, the music sounded the exact same therefore, it is not using any stereo effect so it's safe to say the main track is mono.

However, I don't think this was an accident, I truly believe there is a point to do this. The track is quite special in the game, but I just would like to know why they chose to play it in mono. It's very unusual for bgm at he time to not use stereo effect, most of them do as it gives a nice effect of surrounding and since we only have 2 ears.....well 2 channels is really all they need to do that.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Lol, Cloud's Limit Charge "nerf" isn't even that bad

Ok good. That makes me feel a little bit better.

I know all this complaining is invalid since I'm a Cloud main so of course I don't want big nerfs, but y'know.

I hate unlawful copyright strikes.

Do you want to know what I also hate? Blackmail over a parody.

I know this is 3 days old but it's wrong, vile and utterly disgusting. It's one of those things you can't make up if you tried now.
Ohhhh Daddy Derrick.

Every time we think you've learned... you don't.

WWCCD: What would Cool Cat do?

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Just seen the Death Battle!
Bayonetta still won for me. She can also kill angels in one shot (as seen in B2) AND HIDEKI KAMIYA literally said she would win against Dante. But good watch.

Also knew Dante would win the moment I saw that Jeanne vs Trish video in my feed as compensation...

edit:
LOL.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
AND HIDEKI KAMIYA literally said she would win against Dante. But good watch.
Yeah, about that...

This was discussed a page or two ago and it turns out Kamiya was joking.

He basically just said "a man can never beat a woman in a fight".

http://platinumgames.com/2009/07/07/pgtv-episode-6-hideki-answers-your-questions/

View attachment 100237
View attachment 100238
View attachment 100239

So it's a clear joke response.

It's also worth nothing that DMC has surpassed Kamiya. He didn't work on every game so Dante's abilities have surpassed his "Word of God".
It was just a joke. He hasn't given a true opinion either way.

Also hi.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Cloud nerfs? Ooh, maybe I will play again and my friend won't have overwhelming easiness against my mains! ;)

Or I'll just stick to Rivals of Aether... add me on steam benhaddah, I'll play ROA with you guyz :)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, that's pretty unfortunate. :(

I would like to point out to those who didn't read the article that he was not -the- creative designer.

He was the creative design director for North America and Europe since the latter half of Gen 4. Which is still most of the time I've been following the series. . .

I feel really bad for his daughters, especially the one who was in the car with him. . .I was just thinking of how horrible I would feel if I lost my parents before I got on here. . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Finally got around to trying out the new patch.

Mewtwo feels so ****ing sexy to play now. He's so much better.

Feels a bit more like I'm playing as Rosalina too with how snappy he can be now. He was already a secondary but I might use him more now.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
corrin got nerfed. i am not happy with this. T_T
The salt pleases me here

So the general important things to take from this:

-Sheik received a few nerfs, most notably needles having less range now
-ZSS received quite a few nerfs, mainly in damage output
-Meta Knight got nerfs too, most notably his U-air. It has a more horizontal angle now so it's not the obnoxious juggling tool it once was
-Bayonetta and Corrin were changed, not sure how yet
-Samus received MAJOR buffs. I hear Mewtwo did too
-Rosalina didn't receive anything, but she may be the game's new undisputed #1, due to the fact literally all of her big competition got nerfed in a way that removes the main challenges she had in those MUs (Meta Knight not being able to juggle her like before, for example)

SO THIS IS HOW THE COOKIE CRUMBLES

AND FROM IT, EMERGES THIS FACE

Dude...no one cares about your hentai obsession for Rosalina

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Welcome to Version 1.1.5

This can't be airdodged, and if you try to DI, you eat a b-air.
Well if anyone's going to get an unavoidable combo, may as well be one of the lowest tier characters in the game instead of the already top of top tier character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The salt pleases me here

Dude...no one cares about your hentai obsession for Rosalina
So caring about a character's standing in a competitive fighting game is a "hentai obsession"?

Competitive Smash is hentai?

Makes sense, considering we've had players backed by hentai corporations...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom