• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, the CGs for the Fates children DLC have been revealed
They are for the highest rated child units
http://imgur.com/a/C5FX9
As you can see, these are... awkward
Also, for a bit of perspective, Nina was the highest rated one and she was 10th
Also, lol Birthright lol
No Hayato? Really? :p :p :p

And yeah, lol birthright lol. Though it's ironic because I ended up getting more in that game than conquest because I had a sausage fest of a team in conquest.

Burruni

Smash Hero
No Hayato? Really? :p :p :p

And yeah, lol birthright lol. Though it's ironic because I ended up getting more in that game than conquest because I had a sausage fest of a team in conquest.
It's the festival; equivilent to the hot spring scramble from awakening.
Taking the 2 most liked kids of both genders for the CG.
And I'm kinda assuming that they didn't want to redo Caeldori Rhajat or Asugi. Because I have a feeling one of those 3 would've made it to the top 2 of their genders.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Strangely enough, Midori and Shigure got CGs, despite having characters beat both of them out (Shiro for Shigure, Velouria, Selkie and Soleil for Midori).

I'm honestly kind of confused about the choice behind their inclusion.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's the festival; equivilent to the hot spring scramble from awakening.
Taking the 2 most liked kids of both genders for the CG.
And I'm kinda assuming that they didn't want to redo Caeldori Rhajat or Asugi. Because I have a feeling one of those 3 would've made it to the top 2 of their genders.
Those 3 were actually quite low on the popularity scale last time I checked. I wouldn't be surprised if people thinking about the possibility of a similar DLC had some effect into it, but then again, most children characters were pretty low, especially the Male characters. I think only 5 female children got in the Top 20 Females and only 2 Male children got in the Top 20 Males.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Those 3 were actually quite low on the popularity scale last time I checked. I wouldn't be surprised if people thinking about the possibility of a similar DLC had some effect into it, but then again, most children characters were pretty low, especially the Male characters. I think only 5 female children got in the Top 20 Females and only 2 Male children got in the Top 20 Males.
I don't exactly know what the popularity results were so I'm going off the assumption that they're taking the same route.
But yeah.
Fates... has a lot of uninteresting kids.
Birthright has like 1 good one that isn't a reincarnated Awakening character.

. . .i think the CPU just ragequit on me.

Was playing WFT against a lvl 9 jigglypuff

They missed rest. Charged up f-smash

And Just before i unleashed my 3ds just shut off.

Not the screen that asks you if you want to power down. Just completely off. Full battery too.

Stay Salty CPU. Stay salty

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
. . .i think the CPU just ragequit on me.

Was playing WFT against a lvl 9 jigglypuff

They missed rest. Charged up f-smash

And Just before i unleashed my 3ds just shut off.

Not the screen that asks you if you want to power down. Just completely off. Full battery too.

Stay Salty CPU. Stay salty
Jiggs was jealous that Wii Fit Trainer is higher tiered then her, so she made the ds shut off.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
All I got so far is a ****ton of lag on FG...and a player that really sucks with ZSS and Mario....

Edit: and a Sheik I two stocked that blamed the Lag...lol

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so a question, is the smash nx rumor still up in the air or has it been disconfirmed?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Mitama by nature of the damn Haiku theme.
Shiro's just the lazy son who lives off your couch and won't even train with a sword.

(Edit: Anna being that low is a crime)
Ah, I like her as well. But I like Shiro for not being so similar in personality to their Lord Parent(but then again, I haven't seen Siegbert yet).
That being said, apparently Shigure and Midori have CG scenes as well.
http://imgur.com/a/gSALV

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Told you there would be at least one more patch.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ah, I like her as well. But I like Shiro for not being so similar in personality to their Lord Parent(but then again, I haven't seen Siegbert yet).
That being said, apparently Shigure and Midori have CG scenes as well.
http://imgur.com/a/gSALV
A) The only one of the 4 royal sons that are anything similar in personality to their parent IS Siegbert. Kiragi's no hardass. Shiro's got no responsibility. Forrest is... Forrest.
B) Oh... I was kinda surprised Shigure didn't beat out Dwyer but at least he's still there. (Would've taken Soleil over Nina though)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently the only top tier who didn't receive any changes this patch was Rosalina. Rest of them got nerfed apparently.

I told you guys she was fair and balanced but also dabess. :^]

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I considered golden Sun. But the creator seems to want to wait a bit before making a new one. Didn't they also say they wanted to see high demand for another as well? Yes there is demand, but I don't think Nintendo sees it as big yet.
That was back in 2012 lol. I would say a fair amount of time has passed since then. We don't want to wait like 5-7 years for every installment to come out.

As for demand, DD did just fine. Japan and Europe sales were decent and NA sales for GS were off the roof (540,000 units). Anyone saying that their isn't a demand for GS is kidding themselves because DD on it's own has outsold every FE game barring Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Fates. The GS series as a whole has only sold about 50% less then the entire FE series added altogether.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
A) The only one of the 4 royal sons that are anything similar in personality to their parent IS Siegbert. Kiragi's no hardass. Shiro's got no responsibility. Forrest is... Forrest.
B) Oh... I was kinda surprised Shigure didn't beat out Dwyer but at least he's still there. (Would've taken Soleil over Nina though)
Was mostly meaning Shiro and Siegbert, since you could've had Xander as a Knight Lord and Ryoma as a Blade Lord and nothing would've been different. But yeah, if I counted Kiragi and Forrest, they are also pretty different. But then again, their fathers are Takumi and Leo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So the general important things to take from this:

-Sheik received a few nerfs, most notably needles having less range now
-ZSS received quite a few nerfs, mainly in damage output
-Meta Knight got nerfs too, most notably his U-air. It has a more horizontal angle now so it's not the obnoxious juggling tool it once was
-Bayonetta and Corrin were changed, not sure how yet
-Samus received MAJOR buffs. I hear Mewtwo did too
-Rosalina didn't receive anything, but she may be the game's new undisputed #1, due to the fact literally all of her big competition got nerfed in a way that removes the main challenges she had in those MUs (Meta Knight not being able to juggle her like before, for example)

SO THIS IS HOW THE COOKIE CRUMBLES

AND FROM IT, EMERGES THIS FACE

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Oh wow, patches with meaningful balance changes? I'll probably look into that tomorrow morning after the dust's settled, rather than get worked up over the usual round of placebos.

Also, made a couple Tumblr posts about Braixen's Pokken alt (and subsequently shiny form) that I thought were humorous enough to share. The former was pretty much my actual reaction.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is not top tier, Luma is.
Nah, it's both.

Gravitational Pull (on it's own, this completely shuts down characters, most notably Ness), U-Air KOs, and D-Air spikes, are all Rosalina.

Not to mention she outanges so many characters without Luma, has good mobility, has tons of disjoints, and an exceptional edgeguarding game even without Luma.

Luma is icing on the cake.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Crashboards go away...

so ZSS and Cloud both got nerfs from what I hear...
Guess Sakurai really wants me to use Link...Did I get my Nair buff?....no?...k

I wonder if the so called worst character in the game got her much needed buffs...:4zelda:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That moment when both of mains get major buffs!

:4charizard::4mewtwo:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Where is all this info coming from? I need to check if my mains got buffed or nerfed
Various information is popping up here and there on YT or Twitter...you can probably search your character as well as '1.1.5 patch' to see what shows up if anything was found yet...

----

Samus getting some much needed buffs is convenient for me since I've recently decided she'll be my definitive number 4...I have been improving quite a bit with her, and these buffs will make it easier moving forward...the newly released Art of Samus coupled with the patch buffs pretty much sealed the deal with her...

And these buffs are literally in all the right places!!

It's funny thinking about how my character rotation has switched up since the game's release....
:4link::4zss::4greninja::4yoshi: were my top 4 back in the early days...

:4link::4zss::4cloud::4samus:Now it's these guys...guess it came down to focusing on my favourite characters over who I do well with...Hurray for blonde-haired blue-eyed heroes....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Literally every Zard aerial has its landing lag decreased!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Apparently Bayo's up-b got a damage nerf. Not sure what to make out of that...

Her dair got affected too, it lasts longer now.

Edit: Witch Time got nerfed too LOL

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
mewtwo being as fast as shiek is amazing news

along with him being slightly heavier now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom