• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I keep forgetting Pikmin 4 is even a thing...could be due to the fact that all we really got about the game was basically just...'coming soon'

My experience with Pikmin pretty ends on two player bingo with a buddy of mine...outside of that I haven't really played it that much...

----

In other news I may be getting the New 3DS afterall since I figured out how to spend money on my Sears gift I barely touched outside of the store...Prepaid Mastercard!!

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I'm waiting to squeeze out some of that fruit juice in Pikmin 4.
In Pikmin 4, it's so good to collect fruit.
Are you a visitor... from the future? Because I don't know how you could know that it's "so good" to collect fruit in game that isn't out yet.:troll:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally finished Birthright today.

Chapter 27 had a challenging map, but I was able to get through it by using Ryoma+Kagero to bait most of the enemy units and then have my other units finish them off.

The endgame map on the other hand... now that was a real toughy. I know I could've used Hexing Rods to lower Dragon Garon's HP, but I forgot to do that. Anyway, I had Rinkah+Kaden aim for the enemies at the lower left, Sakura+Subaki and Silas+Hinoka take the lower right enemies, Oboro+Takumi focus on the enemies on the middle left, and then everyone else handle the middle right while Ryoma and myself tried to stay close to Dragon Garon. A General hit me hard, and I had to use Azama twice (thanks to Azura) to heal myself while Ryoma went in for Dragon Garon. Thank goodness Ryoma got at least one crit! I sadly lost Azura and Rinkah, though Kaden did very well on his own. I also tried to get a hit on Dragon Garon myself but missed, so I had Takumi land the final blow... with a critical hit! My favorite unit and my favorite royal sibling landing the final blow like that was very satisfying!

And poor Azura, my wife in this route. She died for good in the ending because the song kills her... well, more like the pendant does since the song is the trigger, but you get the point. It was sad, but nowhere as sad as Elise and Xander's deaths.

Ryoma's coronation was a nice ending scene. All the Hoshido siblings, minus Ryoma, cry a bit at some point: Hinoka and Sakura cry watching Ryoma become the new king and think about Azura, while Takumi tries to act strong during the coronation but then loses it when they discuss Azura. Also, Camilla and Leo are there, and it turns out Leo will be the next king. That surprised me because Camilla is next in line, but she explains that she isn't in ruling Nohr.

I absolutely loved the following cutscene! It opens with you riding with Hinoka on her pegasus as she turns to and says that she always wanted to take you flying. You see your younger siblings below as Sakura asks how's the view while Takumi tells you to be careful. When you arrive, Ryoma can be seen praying to a Mikoto statue, and he then goes on about a speech about living on her legacy of peace. As Ryoma turns to you, Hinoka affectionately grabs your hand and takes you to Ryoma as you finally have a true family reunion with the conclusion of the war.

For me, I loved the cutscene because of the Hinoka and Corrin moments. At the moment, I like Hinoka more and I find her devotion to the Corrin in the familial and friend way very sweet. I know Camilla has the more motherly personality towards Corrin, hence why people prefer her over Hinoka, but I guess I like Hinoka's approach to Corrin more.

And with that, I'm finally starting Conquest tonight. To my Hoshido siblings, I'm truly sorry that I'm going to depart, I hate to do it because I've become so attached to every single one of you, but now, I want to see how the Nohr family will bond with me, especially Xander because his death in Birthright really moved me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My impatience for news of Pikmin 4 grows ever so much.

I believe Miyamoto said it was "very close to completion" if that's true, why hold off on so much as one other little teaser for so long? :p
I'm still 100% positive it's on the NX only and will be a launch title.

Could show off graphics well, a popular series, offers innovative gameplay and challenges.

wouldn't be bad to have it alongside any other titles they are planning.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Are you a visitor... from the future? Because I don't know how you could know that it's "so good" to collect fruit in game that isn't out yet.:troll:
Yes, I'm Captain Louie from the future, and I can tell you that because of the many of these fruits...

*munching Pikpik carrots*

...are ones I've been eating for the past couple of days.

I'M JUST TRYING TO SURVIVE!

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Yes, I'm Captain Louie from the future, and I can tell you that because of the many of these fruits...
*munching Pikpik carrots*
...are ones I've been eating for the past couple of days.
>Say he ate fruits in the past couple days.
>Is currently eating Pikpik carrots.

Perfect!:p

Burruni

Smash Hero
Is splatoon worth it...

I'm considering buying it with my gift card
Well.
Honestly.
I'd say the single player experience alone is worth $15.
And I'm someone who normally is very selective about my shooters, only really getting into Halo and THAT was for the story.
I've probably sunk over 50 hours into splatoon because it's such a damn enjoyable game with an actual arsenal of weaponry that changes entire playstyles and combinations of modes and stages to keep you on your toes.
I dropped it for a bit after I hit 20 before the level cap increase and I find myself fumbling, happily for the most part, through it again.

I mean I seriously saw it was a GOTY contender and this is for a genre I stay the hell away from. That's about the best vote of confidence I can put behind it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just watched that video and all I could think about throughout it was this:

" Once a year, the jolly old Italian plumber by the name of Mario, celebrates a day named just for him! As part of this day, Mario will sneak into the offices of good businessmen and women, and bring joy to all! He brings coins and music! Toys and gifts all around! He even gives especially good people super power ups! Maybe if you are good this year, the jolly plumber will visit you!"

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I really wish that the true origin of DK's Neutral special was the Banana Slamma from the cartoon.
(Because I kind of want the DK cartoon to be represented in Smash in anyway)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If the alert theme started playing in an official Nintendo video I the hype would be tangible.

Metal Gear NX? Snake in smash? We all know damn well people would flip the **** out.
I'd want to see this! Or imagine if there's just one scene where mario's sneaking around, and goes to open a door labeled
"newly brought ips!" And for an adjacent door, Snake comes out, does the choke move and drags mario away.

Snake: " Colonel, I did it! The intruder has been apprehended!"

Fans go ballistic!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Found out girl I was interested in for a while is already with a guy. Saw her with him.

I guess it's better I never did try and talk with her. I also guess I have no one else to be interested in.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
One thing I really hope for when watching Sakurai's stream is that not a single Reptilian show up like the last time.

I have my boomstick prepared for when they do hiss like the confused cobras they are.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
One thing I really hope for when watching Sakurai's stream is that not a single Reptilian show up like the last time.

I have my boomstick prepared for when they do hiss like the confused cobras they are.
Ugh, don't get me started on Leafalike's obnoxious cult of wannabe scaleys. The last thing I need to see is another chain of "HIISSSS!" comments in this stream like the last one. :rolleyes:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly.
I'm just gonna say it.
I'm a little surprised that Nintendo never tried to redo Hey You! Pikachu! with the handhelds once we started getting Mics in them.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
http://strawpoll.me/7041198

Do me a favor. Help me by voting real quick.
Dog person for sure....

One of my favourite pets that I ever had was a Black Lab (RIP)...Wolves are one of my favourite animals also...I just like canines in general...
Cat are awesome too, but I'd rather a dog given the choice...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm surprised we didn't get a Pokemon Ranger on Wii U.

Ranger would have been perfect. Gameplay on the bottom screen. HD Full 3D action on the top screen.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There's only one pokemon game that we should've gotten for the Wii U....

I'm surprised we didn't get a Pokemon Ranger on Wii U.

Ranger would have been perfect. Gameplay on the bottom screen. HD Full 3D action on the top screen.
We didnt get pokemon snap when we have had multiple perfect controller opportunites.

Not getting Pokekmon Ranger doesnt surprise me.

EDIT one second too slow

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Ugh, don't get me started on Leafalike's obnoxious cult of wannabe scaleys. The last thing I need to see is another chain of "HIISSSS!" comments in this stream like the last one. :rolleyes:
This seems like the appropriate way to respond to those fakers:

. . .IDK. I lost my train of thought as to why. Or maybe it was Insane Troll Logic all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom