• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sakurai loves Minecraft?

No matter why the kids on Miiverse keep asking for Steve.

D

Deleted member

My gristle has got a very rough time, but here's a good thing done (and without using any hammer).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
He did beat the Witcher 3, though. Very quickly, apparently. He only played the main quest to beat it ASAP
Shame because the side quests in that can get rather deep and engaging plus the various contracts having you track down, prepare for and slay monsters so it feels really rewarding to get kills.
Especially on the higher difficulties.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Happy Mario Day!

Our favorite plumber has sure come a long way.

D

Deleted member

Conquest's plot is heavily criticized for its plot holes and Revelations for basically looking like a fanfic
Birthright is considered the lesser worse but it's said to not be that good
Conquest also suffers a lot from They wasted a pefectly good character/plot and the final boss is the biggest asspull in FE history
As some put it, "Conquest is watching three Saturday-Morning Cartoon Villains constantly undo all of your work"
Now for the spoiler part
-There's little payoff as two plot points are't explained within it: Azura's disappearence and who or what exactly possessed Garon and Takumi

-I'm gonna let Garon slip as Slime!Garon couldn't be anything BUT evil, but Iago and Hans are the most flat villains since King "My dad doesn't love me" Zephiel and Validar
I feel like Iago was a missed opportunity as he's shown to be extremely loyal to Garon, and apparently unware off his true identity. They could have explored this more but he's just a sadistic coward and all he ever does is ruin everything for your side
Hans is literally just what he does in Chapter 3. No reason given to his actions other than "I want power"

-THE ****ING CRYSTAL BALL
Corrin was the one that needed the least convincing, but instead of showing it to Leo(who she clearly states could use it), she wastes it with Corrin when Leo would have been able to convince Xander way more easily and they wouldn't have to work as Garon's pawns for the rest of the game

-Takumi being the final boss. That's just as random as it sounds.

-They Wasted A Perfectly Good Character: we never see the real Garon, not even when Corrin sees Ryoma, Mikoto, Takumi and Lillith after being almost killed

-Speaking of which, Lillith's death is just stupid. If they had at least reinforced the idea Lillith is constantly following you instead of staying at the My Castle, it could have been better

The playable characters are great though, probably the most deep, memorable, fun and relatable cast from any FE
Corrin is honestly a great lord character and Conquest!Corrin especially because of how you can feel their pain and conflict

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Fudge, I literally had a dream today were I checked the internet for a recap of Sakurai's live stream and he dedicated a lot of time to talking about Golden Sun and that he considered putting Isaac in Smash similar to Geno.

The dream felt so real and stuff. You can imagine my disappointment waking up and checking the actual recap of the live stream lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Something I read in the recap...

When producing a game for Nintendo, Sakurai always has to consult with them regarding when it’s safe to release information. He is also prohibited from answering questions from fans for the same reason.
I think this might be an indication that Sakurai wasn't able to talk about anything Smash related because Smash NX is a thing and nothing is allowed to be said by anyone now. Obviously that isn't 100% the case but it is a possibility.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
And cue the complaints about bull**** and Nintendo caring too much about the New Nintendo 3DS. :laugh:

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/03/1...-games-only-run-on-new-nintendo-3ds/#comments
I think they could've explained the thing better. Pixel perfect isn't exactly what should be brought up when both systems share the same resolution.

They should've said "Emulation requires many times the original hardware it's emulating, so the O3DS can't handle that." or something to that effect. (Though I'm glad they did at least say O3DS can't handle SNES emulation but they didn't state exactly why)

Too bad some people are unwilling to listen and will ***** anyways. :/

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
By surprise, I found out it was my last day at work today.

Welp, back to the drawing board.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I turned on Badge Arcade today, and they gave out a free play for the new Fire emblem badges. I got 18 badges in one play from one of them lol.

But the best part was when the bunny gave out fake FE spoilers:

He said that children like Kana come from the future and how he cried when she fell into a molten lava pit. And he talked about how rajhat seems like Tharja, and said maybe the story explains it! Then he was like, of course none of this happened. I laughed.

And I beat chapter 21 of Conquest. I'll post about it in a bit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

So apparently Zelda Wii U is gonna have some kind of Western influence. And the game sounds somewhat close to completion at least.

So I'm guessing the game literally will be like a Zelda/Skyrim hybrid or something in terms of how it plays.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Full recap can be read here guys. Now to go play Twilight Princess HD for a bit.
So the reason Sakurai doesn't answer Smash questions is because he's most likely under NDA.

Alright, I understand that. A lot of other people are going to ignore this and throw a fit, but I understand that.

Something I read in the recap...

I think this might be an indication that Sakurai wasn't able to talk about anything Smash related because Smash NX is a thing and nothing is allowed to be said by anyone now. Obviously that isn't 100% the case but it is a possibility.
Hmm. . .that's an interesting take on that same comment.

I was under the impression that he wasn't allowed to talk about ANY Nintendo game without permission, which would also explain why Kirby and Kid Icarus: Uprising never came up either, but this is definitely at least a more fascinating take than Nintendo simply keeping all their information under lock and key.

D

Deleted member

So I turned on Badge Arcade today, and they gave out a free play for the new Fire emblem badges. I got 18 badges in one play from one of them lol.

But the best part was when the bunny gave out fake FE spoilers:

He said that children like Kana come from the future and how he cried when she fell into a molten lava pit. And he talked about how rajhat seems like Tharja, and said maybe the story explains it! Then he was like, of course none of this happened. I laughed.

And I beat chapter 21 of Conquest. I'll post about it in a bit.
FE badges? Brb, redownloading Badge Arcade

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It is the perfect day for me to start playing Mario Maker.

Which I will be doing later this evening because we also have family coming over for a few hours.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So the reason Sakurai doesn't answer Smash questions is because he's most likely under NDA.

Alright, I understand that. A lot of other people are going to ignore this and throw a fit, but I understand that.

Hmm. . .that's an interesting take on that same comment.

I was under the impression that he wasn't allowed to talk about ANY Nintendo game without permission, which would also explain why Kirby and Kid Icarus: Uprising never came up either, but this is definitely at least a more fascinating take than Nintendo simply keeping all their information under lock and key.
I don't think he's never allowed to talk about it. He flat out admitted that he considered Geno for 2 Smash games meaning he isn't prohibited from talking about his past games. It's just most likely games that haven't been announced and released yet that he can't talk about most likely which is why Sakurai wouldn't be able to talk about the Ballot if Smash NX is going to be influenced by the Ballot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New Civil War trailer!

EDIT:

That ending!

Opossum Opossum

SPIDERMAN ARRIVES! YES!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
HOLY **** GUYS

BEING A POP STAR IS THE NEW HARDCORE THING

DON'T **** WITH JUSTIN BIEBER OR ANYONE LIKE THAT, BRAH

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't think he's never allowed to talk about it. He flat out admitted that he considered Geno for 2 Smash games meaning he isn't prohibited from talking about his past games. It's just most likely games that haven't been announced and released yet that he can't talk about most likely which is why Sakurai wouldn't be able to talk about the Ballot if Smash NX is going to be influenced by the Ballot.
Yeah, about the Ballot being used for future Smash games. . .

I could have sworn I read something flat out stating that before I filled out my vote on the Ballot (I didn't think the character I actually wanted would have stood a chance, so you should be particularly happy to know who my vote went to. Well, assuming that it isn't one person per IP address, in which case while I was having technical difficulties someone else voted due to my tipping them off and my vote was completely wasted. . .), but I can't find anything on it anywhere. Maybe it was just something I heard someone say, but. . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, about the Ballot being used for future Smash games. . .

I could have sworn I read something flat out stating that before I filled out my vote on the Ballot (I didn't think the character I actually wanted would have stood a chance, so you should be particularly happy to know who my vote went to. Well, assuming that it isn't one person per IP address, in which case while I was having technical difficulties someone else voted due to my tipping them off and my vote was completely wasted. . .), but I can't find anything on it anywhere. Maybe it was just something I heard someone say, but. . .
I remember this too. I think it said it as a disclaimer in case they couldn't get a character as DLC for this game or something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New Civil War trailer!

EDIT:

That ending!

Opossum Opossum

SPIDERMAN ARRIVES! YES!
OOOOOOOOOH ****.

IT'S HAPPENING. WE'VE FINALLY SEEN IT. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH HYPE.

SPIDER-MAN! OHHHHH. WE'VE FINALLY SEEN HIM. ALSO THAT SCARLET WITCH/VISION SCENE LOOKED DAMN GOOD. OHHH AND THE MULTI-ARROW HAWKEYE PART. OHHHH.

I'm hyped, don't mind me. Though unless I missed it during my hype, we still haven't seen the heavily rumored/leaked
Giant Man Ant-Man mode.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OOOOOOOOOH ****.

IT'S HAPPENING. WE'VE FINALLY SEEN IT. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH HYPE.

SPIDER-MAN! OHHHHH. WE'VE FINALLY SEEN HIM. ALSO THAT SCARLET WITCH/VISION SCENE LOOKED DAMN GOOD. OHHH AND THE MULTI-ARROW HAWKEYE PART. OHHHH.

I'm hyped, don't mind me. Though unless I missed it during my hype, we still haven't seen the heavily rumored/leaked
Giant Man Ant-Man mode.
That's because spiderman drives more hype. Next trailer might have it. Or maybe they are saving it for some cool fight scene in the film. But this was really hype! The scarlet witch scene does look pretty good! I can't wait for the film.

I wonder how they go about bringing spiderman in
Not gonna watch as trailers always have spoilers these days
That's not a bad mentality, especially for a film such as this. It will be really great when you watch it, I'm sure!

And on a completely different note.

It annoys me that 4chan thinks the zodiac is not what the fire starters are based on. Like what? Every basic starter stage for fire types emphasize this. There is no reason to doubt. I'm also pretty sure GF confirmed it at one point.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Listening to Yang's them "I burn". This is edgy as ****, espeially as the closest to swearing RWBY goes is simply crap. ***, ****, ***** and ****. Weren't the first 2 volumes popular with kids?
The closest is having Glynda about to say "*****" before Ozpin cuts her off in Volume 2.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why can't these be real?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Why can't these be real?
I have a mighty need for Mega :166: and mega :028:

Sonic Twitter joined in on the Mar10 day celebration.

How, you may ask?

With a photo album including one of mario getting kicked in the ****.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Why can't these be real?
Exactly what I want from a Rapidash Mega Evolution. A flying Fiery Pegasus. That Ledian one is also pretty good as well, as well as Arbok and Fearow. That being said, if Arbok has a Mega Evolution, it just has to be Poison/Dragon, considering it's second Egg Group is Dragon. Bonus points if it has Protean as that would be a nice reference to the Manga.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Why can't these be real?
>Mega Ninetails
>Mega Lapras
>MEGA MOTHA FUDGIN SANDSLASH
I'LL TAKE 20!

Edit:
Exactly what I want from a Rapidash Mega Evolution. A flying Fiery Pegasus. That Ledian one is also pretty good as well, as well as Arbok and Fearow. That being said, if Arbok has a Mega Evolution, it just has to be Poison/Dragon, considering it's second Egg Group is Dragon. Bonus points if it has Protean as that would be a nice reference to the Manga.
...I thought that Fearow was a Braviary.
RIP Gen 5 Mega Evos hopes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom