• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly this trailer doesn't do anything for me (even with 70s-looking Spider-Man), but I'm sure I'll end up catching this movie when my bf wants to see it for a second or third time, lol.

Now that Deadpool has come and gone (almost making me pee my pants in the process xD), all my eggs are in the Harley and Mistah J basket. :D

Also Alex looked better in SF3 and TvC imo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know the "console" Retro VGS aka Coleco Chameleon (the video below will fill you in if you don't)? Well, Coleco holdings went and killed it altogether after all the boatloads of lies and bull**** they gave everyone and failed miserably on hiding it:

After doing research I have a question: Why was it funded in the first place?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
...Wasn't the Ouya a failure despite similar reasons?
Did you actually read up on it?

It never got released because they never had an actual prototype in the first place and tried to hide it by showing off fake prototypes (TWICE: first was just literally an SNES shoved inside a Atari Jaguar shell and the second the "motherboard" they showed was just a video capture card)

It was a scam, not a commercial flop.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
A couple more Chapters into Revelation. I think I'm on. . .Chapter 10?

The game DOES follow roughly the same geographical travel as Birthright so far, but for different reasons.

I'm finding myself really glad that I decided to be OCD about clearing out the snow as soon as I saw it, the game is SHOWERING me with upgrade items.

D

Deleted member

I just realized there's no Swamp in the title, so, which mod should I blame for this offense?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Spider-Swamp
Spider-Swamp
Does whatever a Spider-Swamp does
Can he swing? From a web?
No he can't
He's a swamp
Look ouuuuut, here comes the Spider-Swamp

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Did you actually read up on it?

It never got released because they never had an actual prototype in the first place and tried to hide it by showing off fake prototypes (TWICE: first was just literally an SNES shoved inside a Atari Jaguar shell and the second the "motherboard" they showed was just a video capture card)

It was a scam, not a commercial flop.
Correction: Why try it when the last attempt was a flop?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just realized there's no Swamp in the title, so, which mod should I blame for this offense?
There was no way to do it without it sounding forced or being misleading, so I compromised and did this. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Today was a fantastic and uplifting day.

I got accepted into a new job at long last, going to run the Electronics section at my local Toys R Us. It doesn't pay as well as my last 2 jobs, but it'll grow, and I'll be dammed if this isn't a job I can totally be passionate about. Plus, 10% off games and Amiibo

I'm out of town right now visiting my grandma, looked at a retro game store nearby and got these two gems for a REALLY good price (Yoshi was only 60 dollars)

20160310_170349.jpg

Plus just being able to relax over here in this small town has been really good for me.

And of course, Spidey in Civil War, and BEAUTIFUL for being based off 60s Spidey.

My spirits are finally getting back up.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still don't understand what went in Retro VGS' mind when they chose the console body and controller...

The body was the Atari Jaguar, one of the worst game consoles in history.

The controller was a third party Wii U controller that was met with terrible reception.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Civil Swamp. Simple enough
I was thinking this, but what about:
The Swamp-Approved NintenZone Social Thread 3.0 - Happy Swampario Day! + Civil Swamp Trailer Hype!

I was think Civil Saur but it didn't sound as good.

This could work though!

Civil War - A battle between former allies for a clash ideals. Friends battling friends in a horrible clash

Civil Swamp - a proper gent who likely owns at least one monocle
This made me think about how funny Civil Saur could be. Just this fancy dinosaur or ivysaur, with of course the monocle.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Correction: Why try it when the last attempt was a flop?
*WARNING, ASSUMPTION*

Because the desperation from some gamers to break away from the evil First Party Console Companies and be saved by some knight in shining armor is strong enough that it sounds like a good idea to try to make a new console for them to flock to and praise as their savior that it is at least in concept a good idea to try to give these people a Hope Spot to dump their dollar bills into no matter how much it fails in practice.

I mean, look at all the people who buy indie games just because they are labelled "Indie" or funded Mighty Number 9 just because they thought Capcom was an evil, evil company that would never make a Mega Man game again.

Those are the kinds of people that in theory you could make a lot of money off of just by promising them their wildest dreams.

I still don't understand what went in Retro VGS' mind when they chose the console body and controller...

The body was the Atari Jaguar, one of the worst game consoles in history.

The controller was a third party Wii U controller that was met with terrible reception.
I don't know, maybe they thought those two things flopped so hard that everybody had forgotten about them and wouldn't recognize them on sight?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
All I'm going to say is...if I don't see 'A Link to the Swamp' in the title when the SNES titles are released, I'm going to riot...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... Dude who talked down to Barret said that MGS had bad written women (debatable for a lot of them), and that The Boss from MGS3 is just a man with boobs.

Thoughts?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I made a promo for "Civil Swamp"
ivysaur.png

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Are you ready for Civil Swamp? And I didn't had a charziard and ivysaur pic, so I went with this.

Also can someone tell me how to remove the stray black marks around the body?

I went over them in GIMP, and it disappeared there, but when I exported it to upload here, it kept the lines, and I don't know why. I want to touch up the image a bit, but I needed a solution to this first.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I made a promo for "Civil Swamp"
View attachment 99799

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Are you ready for Civil Swamp? And I didn't had a charziard and ivysaur pic, so I went with this.

Also can someone tell me how to remove the stray black marks around the body?

I went over them in GIMP, and it disappeared there, but when I exported it to upload here, it kept the lines, and I don't know why. I want to touch up the image a bit, but I needed a solution to this first.
It looks like I have poop on my face.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So... Dude who talked down to Barret said that MGS had bad written women (debatable for a lot of them), and that The Boss from MGS3 is just a man with boobs.

Thoughts?
MGS does have badly written women. Quiet is a pretty horrible concept for a character from the get-go if you ask me.

Also Emma Emmerich was very dicey for me. I get what they were going for with her but...yeah, she had a lot of problems.

Also Naomi and Rose have a lot of problems too. They aren't inherently bad but a lot of their motivations and how they are utilised just come off as contrived.

That's not to say all of the female characters in MGS are bad though. Eva, Meryl, Venus (from Metal Gear Acid 2, so maybe she doesn't count, but she's a very good character from what I remember playing of that game), and others, are all great characters. You win some, you lose some.

As for "The Boss from MGS3 is just a man with boobs", that sounds like a pretty insensitive comment to make in relation to the concept of gender identity, honestly. Coming from someone who honestly doesn't have much understanding of the concept and sometimes just gets confused by it, but I know it's generally accepted that "you are what you identify as". The Boss has a lot of things that people associate with men, but she identifies as a female and also has a female body. She's a strong woman that is capable of carrying out tasks usually reserved for men in the society/time she lives in...which in the end, means she's a woman, nothing more to it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Super Castlevania 4 is released on the New 3DS's virtual console, then i would buy a New Nintendo 3DS without any hesitation whatsoever.

Im not kidding.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have barely played MGS if at all. . .but it sounds like this dude just has **** taste.
He hates Fire Emblem as "range has no power" (Ha!) and hates Uncharted for some reason so yeah, but...

I just don't get the criticism. What does it mean"?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Metal Gear?
Final Fantasy?
Fire Emblem?
Uncharted?

Sure sounds like this guy just hates whatever happens to be popular.
He does and he doesn't, but I want to focus on the criticism more.

I just don't get it...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He does and he doesn't, but I want to focus on the criticism more.

I just don't get it...
Well if he's just stating "I don't like X" for some of these, that's not criticism, that's an opinion.

Not much to get there. Not everyone likes the same things.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well if he's just stating "I don't like X" for some of these, that's not criticism, that's an opinion.

Not much to get there. Not everyone likes the same things.
I meant the "The Boss is a man with boobs," criticism.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, like I said, I think this person just has a borked perception of the concept of gender identity. I wouldn't think too much of it.
Pretty much that. Men have a hard time identifying with boobies. They're an intensely difficult subject to grasp, and sometimes, we must project boobies onto other people in order to possibly understand them more.

None of that is meant to be taken remotely seriously or make any sense if it wasn't obvious

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom