• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Unfortunately it is just Tetra. Her taunt special pose is turning into Toon Zelda.
Oh...

But don't Zelda and Sheik have the same thing going on where they transform into each other for their appeal? Guess I wouldn't rule her out just yet but yeah....

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Event Course is already out.
I know this because i have play and beat it.
Didn't know. I know they uploaded it yesterday, but took it down fast. didn't know it was out today. So I posted it to let people know anyway.

what anime is this from
MaR YI O the leaked Mario Bros anime
:troll:
There's a Dragon Quest themed Splatfest coming to Splatoon.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/707483951011475456

It's between the "All-Out" or "Life is Precious" styles, whatever that means.

They have some official art of the Squid Wai-...Sisters to go along with it.

Cool! Nice to see a 3rd party splatfest. Hopefully this is a sign that square and Nintendo relations are truly improving.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Didn't know. I know they uploaded it yesterday, but took it down fast. didn't know it was out today. So I posted it to let people know anyway.

MaR YI O the leaked Mario Bros anime
:troll:

Cool! Nice to see a 3rd party splatfest. Hopefully this is a sign that square and Nintendo relations are truly improving.
Of course it's always nice to say to others because not everyone know. Don't worry about this.
Now, where is my Metroid Event Course Nintendo?:064:

D

Deleted member

*Finishes FE Conquest Finally*

Hey guys, I'm back!

*Girlfriend surprises me with $20 eshop card to ger Birthright*

Oh.... NVM.... I'll be gone for some more time. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Hey guys, I'm back!

Lol, bye!

I hope I can get birthright or revelations the weekend. I have enough for some eshop credit, so hopefully I can get to the store the weekend to get it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

Hey guys, I'm back!

Meanwhile in Europe and Australia:
"Is it 20th May yet?"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wendy O and Mary O are pretty neat but I'm waiting until you can play as Karen O and Sandra Oh. xP

Actually, what games would we all like to see on GCVC? I'd say Path of Radiance, but for ****s sake a Tellius bundle HD port would be amazing
TTYD
F zero GX (so I could PLAY IT)
FE PoR
Star Fox Assualt/Adventure
Army Men: Sarge's Revenge (Army Men Sarge's Heroes 2 on n64 was one of the first games I ever saw )

D

Deleted member

Lol, bye!

I hope I can get birthright or revelations the weekend. I have enough for some eshop credit, so hopefully I can get to the store the weekend to get it.
Yeah, thanks to my GF's kindness, I'll get to download revelations too now next weekend when it comes out. Because my was gonna give me $20 so I could get birthright, but now I can use that money for revelations. ^^

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just don't get your hopes up.

For all we know he won't answer a single question about smash and will focus more on things like the ideas of game design and star wars.

For instance my hopes of him answering a Kid Icarus question are negative.
Yeah, there is a possibility that he'll talk about things unrelated. More Star Wars discussion from Sakurai I suppose.
I still don't think he will disclose the top ballot choices or much on it at all.

Because there are probably at least 2 memes and a few un realistic 3rd party choices, as well as Snake, and maybe wolf.

He knows he would get a lot of annoying complaints from fans by doing so.

I'd be surprised if we actually got in depth info on it, even though it would be interesting.

Oh and there is no such term as realistic smash speculation.

There's so many character choices and as we saw with this entry, it's very hard for us to have a realistic view, as our views are always flipped with announcements.

Speculation will still be a lot of fun though.
Well, he wouldn't really have to address the ridiculous non-video game requests like Goku and Shrek (he mentioned last year in an interview of kids asking him to add Goku and Spongebob in the game) and he can just talk about characters that were considered from the Ballot and stuff. Not holding my breath for it though it would be really nice if he did that.

That would give us a realistic view of who can be added though. If we find out that a certain character has a lot of support from the Smash fanbase as a whole (not just including hardcore fans like us) then it's pretty likely that said character would have a good chance of getting in the game in the future. This is also an opportunity to see if the characters that we previously thought were likely are really likely or not.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, there is a possibility that he'll talk about things unrelated. More Star Wars discussion from Sakurai I suppose.

Well, he wouldn't really have to address the ridiculous non-video game requests like Goku and Shrek (he mentioned last year in an interview of kids asking him to add Goku and Spongebob in the game) and he can just talk about characters that were considered from the Ballot and stuff. Not holding my breath for it though it would be really nice if he did that.

That would give us a realistic view of who can be added though. If we find out that a certain character has a lot of support from the Smash fanbase as a whole (not just including hardcore fans like us) then it's pretty likely that said character would have a good chance of getting in the game in the future. This is also an opportunity to see if the characters that we previously thought were likely are really likely or not.
True, it will be interesting to see what he addresses tomorrow and how!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Not really. Sakurai has stated 'no guns' so it's likely he'd make an exception for the Ballot winner, not to mention the next director might end up having a different way of handling things

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I like the Paper Mario series but I'm just glad the Mario & Luigi series (that I love to death) isn't getting the bad end of the stick.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While I like the Paper Mario series but I'm just glad the Mario & Luigi series (that I love to death) isn't getting the bad end of the stick.
eeeeeeh

It's not as bad but it certainly isn't in a much better position. It's suffering a lot of the same problems now, and let's not pretend Paper Jam isn't a broken mess.

Yes the glitches look fun, but seriously, collision should not be that borked in any game, ever. There's no objective defense for that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I... I have a way with words some times.

"How can you rate it so poorly?!"
"Because I've barely gotten into this story it's trying to build up! If you tossed a ball of yarn at me and asked 'how's this sweater?' I'd be able to tell you if I liked how the fabric felt and if I enjoy the color but not how comfortable the sweater it isn't yet is to wear!"

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
True, it will be interesting to see what he addresses tomorrow and how!
Might be interesting depending on what he talks about. If it's all primarily Star Wars and him talking about the industry as a whole, it might not be all that compelling (at least for me, I can't speak on everyone's behalf).

Either way, i'll just catch a recap of the event. It'll be 7:30AM EST when that interview happens so there's no way i'm waking up early for that given how long I sleep lol.

Not really. Sakurai has stated 'no guns' so it's likely he'd make an exception for the Ballot winner, not to mention the next director might end up having a different way of handling things
True though the overall demand for said characters wouldn't change and that's granted if Sakurai doesn't return for a 5th game.

Not sure what you meant by the "no guns" thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Might be interesting depending on what he talks about. If it's all primarily Star Wars and him talking about the industry as a whole, it might not be all that compelling (at least for me, I can't speak on everyone's behalf).

Either way, i'll just catch a recap of the event. It'll be 7:30AM EST when that interview happens so there's no way i'm waking up early for that given how long I sleep lol.

True though the overall demand for said characters wouldn't change and that's granted if Sakurai doesn't return for a 5th game.

Not sure what you meant by the "no guns" thing.
Sakurai has personally said 'no guns in Smash' as a reason to why James Bond couldn't be playable in Melee. Bayonetta uses guns, so Sakurai must have gone "Well, fans want her, she's easy to work with, I'll ignore my rule for such a highly requested character"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
eeeeeeh

It's not as bad but it certainly isn't in a much better position. It's suffering a lot of the same problems now, and let's not pretend Paper Jam isn't a broken mess.

Yes the glitches look fun, but seriously, collision should not be that borked in any game, ever. There's no objective defense for that.
I haven't experienced a single glitch on my run of Paper Jam.

But my main point is that the core gameplay isn't a dramatic change from one another (but I still wish the Bros. moves from the first title would return).

Bowser's Inside Story was my least fave in the series (Bowser being a dramatic change of pace and the brothers downgraded to 2D platforming was just hurting the fun IMO).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Apparently there are even more costumes in super expert mode that aren't available in normal and expert mode.

Oh boy....

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bowser's Inside Story is actually the only Mario & Luigi game I've ever played.

On the other hand I've played every Paper Mario game but Sticker Star. Super Paper Mario was my first Paper Mario game, and, well.....it's also my favorite. :lol:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I haven't experienced a single glitch on my run of Paper Jam.

But my main point is that the core gameplay isn't a dramatic change from one another (but I still wish the Bros. moves from the first title would return).

Bowser's Inside Story was my least fave in the series (Bowser being a dramatic change of pace and the brothers downgraded to 2D platforming was just hurting the fun IMO).
BIS is still my second favorite of the series.
PiT is still worst.
I can't tell where DT ranks in comparison to PJ.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bowser's Inside Story is actually the only Mario & Luigi game I've ever played.

On the other hand I've played every Paper Mario game but Sticker Star. Super Paper Mario was my first Paper Mario game, and, well.....it's also my favorite. :lol:
Bowser's inside story is really good. It's my( and a lot of people's) favorite entry in the series. They set it up quite well.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Being read like a book and promptly demolished.

Either that or Corn is actually OP.
And good games to you too.

The problem about your Shulk is that your pulling the typical For Glory Shulk: Speed Art into all the Air attacks. His range was perfect for fending off my Mario and Wii Fit Trainer, which is why I decided to use Corrin. Long range and Dragon Fang Shot were effective in stopping your air attacks. You used the up tilt the most, but it was continuous, which allowed me to move away from it. For Ness, your main method was to try and grab me and follow with either Up Air of Forward Air, and multiple times. My Wii Fit Trainer was able to stop him because I managed to get close to you, combo you, and then get away before you could grab. Also, that thing with Ness where you drop down from the ledge and follow with an up air doesnt work on Corrin. It got you KOed multiple times. Your Cloud was good, it effectively stopped my Corrin, but Mario is one of my best counters to Cloud. Cloud has powerful attacks, but Marios FLUDD will push him away and itll leave him open. Mario is quick to attack and rack up damage. Also, I managed to fool you a few times into my Smash attacks. I saw you went random, and Im thoroughly impressed with your Olimar. You didnt win with him, but you were extremely close, I just had to pull off a small trick to get you off the stage.

Very good games, just work on combos and you should be able to beat me.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I bought tphd yesterday and I figures that.....I might care to give a review of it because I jsut like 3d zelda, but I am goign to give my first impressions.

I got to the part when you get the classic green clothes on :)

Also, I guess I would tag @Kenith because so far, I think he loves the most tp out of the people I met here so :)

Just reading the manual was interesting (not jsut because it was write on black). 5 heart pieces to get a container? a dungeon warp mechanic? let's jsut say it had stuff I didn'T expected such as quickspin (you can spin attack by spinning the stick instead of holding which turns to be quicker). i know it was in tww, but idk it was in tp.

I like the graphics so far. They don't FEEL hd and simple which nintendo seems to love, but this game.....jsut didn't had a simple artstyle, it was made this way so I guess it's fine. However, they feel very very detailed jsut seeing trees felt soemthign because I jsut don't expect this from xelda., idk, I just expect simplicity, tp seems to be the only game that is quite complex in its artstyle. The one thing I will say is that was the most doubtfull thing I had with the game because I just tend to not like when it's too complex. however......this is kinda weird because......it's still simple, but not int he artstyle. So far, it seems simple in CONCEPT rather than the artstyle. it's like in tww, you would see a house and it would be have a style that is telling a lot with simple graphics. In tp, you woudl see a simple house with complex and more realistic looking graphics. .....that is actually interesting to me because I still see a sense of simplicity, but represented in MUCH more complex way which.....I kinda start to like tbh, we'll see after for more, but it isn't as complex as i iomagined before.

Not sure how I feel about having white on yelloe text......it's fine, but you'll be reaidn for a long time so.....yeah not the best idea tbh.

Now, I won't detail anything else except one thing: the plot introduction.

I am real here: imo this game is ON ONE HAND the slowest starting zelda AND ON THE OTHER HAND the most brutal starting point. it's really weird, the game builds up VERY slowly to one point that takes littterally 1 minute of cutscene, but holy crap stuff gets real ont hat cs. like at the end of that cs you are jsut like WTF JUST HAPPENED? It's mind blowing how roguht it starts. And aftert it starts is soemthign that sounds interesting......but I never saw this before.

The plot is like......implied. I played MM and there was a lot of litteral devices and stuff that you had to read between the lines to get because the text was so deep, but tp......it's filled with that. Whcih is btw why I loved so much MM text so idk how I feel abotu tp, but this is the kind of game you REALLY shoudl pay attention when you read because there's a lot in there. This is unusual for a zelda game tbh. the worst is that the plot sounds simple: there's a dark world. it's that soimple., but the game teases you so hard that it has more to it.....

And then Midna, omg, the tease is real. In zelda games, you usually get very clearly "this is your partner he or she will help you because idk he like you or something". This one......is having a bit of an identiy crisis. It's like it's obvious midna is helping you, but not only nothign is clear on why, it's nto even clear if she even WANT TO! She does help you, but acts as if she was evil......it's like wtf?

It's like, i jsut think backl in my head she has reasons to help and that she can't tell why, but it's just never implied int he game, I had to deduce it because why the freak she helps you?

It's like imagine ganondorf talk about link, that's how midna talks to wolf link, but she doesn't do evil stuff (she is savage thoughm, don't get me wrong).

This is a so heavy contradiction that.....it just sounds interesting. What i seem to get is that there would be plot developpment based on this contradiction because "somethign is very wrong" (I lvoe that meme, deal with :) ). if I am right, ooooh boy this is abotu to get good :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not saying we should nerf luma, but this is a tad ridiculous:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh hey, some people at The Spriters Resource has found out how to rip some (not all) of the new Mario Maker costumes.

For those who don't know, ripping the sprites from the game and software updates weren't a problem. But Nintendo started putting new costume data inside the save file rather than the patch (which hackers haven't cracked yet). The possible reason Nintendo doing this could be so no one can spoil surprises by digging through the game's coding (the :4feroy: :4ryu: thing could've been a contributor to this decision)

So The Spriters Resource now have costumes #001-101 & #132-143 ripped

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sakurai has personally said 'no guns in Smash' as a reason to why James Bond couldn't be playable in Melee. Bayonetta uses guns, so Sakurai must have gone "Well, fans want her, she's easy to work with, I'll ignore my rule for such a highly requested character"
Bond's inclusion not happening has to do more with the fact that Sakurai and Nintendo would have to use the likeliness of Pierce Brosman (hope I spelled that right) and the fact the Bond isn't a video game character. Top that all of with the legal stuff with Rare and there was absolutely no way Bond was getting in Melee so I honestly doubt "guns" was a significant reason for him not being in the game.

Anyways, my main point with my post was that characters with high support in the Ballot are likely to get in the game if they're popular with the Smash base as a whole and that the Japanese Ballot said something about the Ballot being used in future Smash games meaning that whoever came close other than Bayonetta will have a good chance of getting in the game. More so than other characters at least.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bond's inclusion not happening has to do more with the fact that Sakurai and Nintendo would have to use the likeliness of Pierce Brosman (hope I spelled that right) and the fact the Bond isn't a video game character. Top that all of with the legal stuff with Rare and there was absolutely no way Bond was getting in Melee so I honestly doubt "guns" was a significant reason for him not being in the game.

Anyways, my main point with my post was that characters with high support in the Ballot are likely to get in the game if they're popular with the Smash base as a whole and that the Japanese Ballot said something about the Ballot being used in future Smash games meaning that whoever came close other than Bayonetta will have a good chance of getting in the game. More so than other characters at least.
The fact the first thing Sakurai said about Bond was his guns tells us how important this is to Sakurai. The issue with the rights was undeniably huge. Yet he said guns first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom