• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He gets a lot of development after he joins you in Conquest
He's my favorite Nohrian sibling for a reason and he gets some really great moments in the last chapters, especially 27
Also
Chapter 6 spoilers
View attachment 99691

"Reasons why I would never be able to side with Hoshido #461"

I dunno but I wish I could live there

The enemies in Kitsune Lair had those
I believe it's Conquest's chapter 19 or something
It simply allows the unit to ignore an enemy unit when moving
It is learned by Adventurers at Level 15
He LOVES chess

Outlaws iirc, it lets them move past enemy units if they attempt to block the way
I see!

The foxes were still stopped by it. I had to move several of them up though due to the small space.

I put corrin, ike, camila, and keaton in a line, with the others supporting. Then with the archers and me having arthur and xander paired up, they were able to move up and finish off the first squad, then back track and beat the second.

I did lose the first few times, because I set it up wrong. There was also one time, in which I killed the boss, but then one of his henchmen killed leo. I was so angry there were two left lol.

I'm on 21 now, these faceless may be a problem...

Just remember.

I'm still waiting for particular FE newcomer.
Annuga doesn't take **** from that marth wanna be!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
He saw a video on Cloud and told me he was **** so I was wasting my time maining him. 3 rounds later he whines about Cloud being op
I have a feeling this friend of yours is a little on the 'special' side...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, I'm dialing this back. That was a bit harsh.

Point is, this guy needs to look past his salt.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Anna doesn't care WHO you are.

She will take you down.
Source: Super Boss Anna from Apotheosis.

Edit: I hope they somehow reference this in Fates if you encounter Anna in the bath house.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a good thing he doesn't go on this site despite his obsession with competitive smash, I'd have a lot pf explaining to do for my gender tag
You'd still be better than me
I would have to explain all the ****posting to mine
Just remember.

Outlaw Anna or bust
I see!

The foxes were still stopped by it. I had to move several of them up though due to the small space.

I put corrin, ike, camila, and keaton in a line, with the others supporting. Then with the archers and me having arthur and xander paired up, they were able to move up and finish off the first squad, then back track and beat the second.

I did lose the first few times, because I set it up wrong. There was also one time, in which I killed the boss, but then one of his henchmen killed leo. I was so angry there were two left lol.

I'm on 21 now, these faceless may be a problem...

As long as you abuse the DVs, you shouldn't have a problem
And remember, all you have to do is escape, not kill them

Burruni

Smash Hero
Maybe it's because I used a heart seal to turn Azura into a Peg. Knight, but Ch.21 was no issue for me. In fact, everyone was paired up with a mount except for Keaton/Velouria.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Got a down smash happy Cloud that lost by self destructing twice, changed his tag to "spam more" and left.

Man I love For Glory.

D

Deleted member

Just remember.

Unwise to steal from someone who values money over lives.....

Unless you're Wario.
You can get away with it and pound people who try to steal from you mercilessly.

Wario > Anna.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
He's autistic, but I can tell you that his autism has absolutely nothing to do with it. His best friend is also autistic and hates Fire Emblem. Yet he reacts differently, he calls the other guy out on stating his opinion as fact
Can confirm. I'm on the spectrum and I like Fire Emblem just fine.

There's also plenty of non-autistic people who act saltier than a brine pool with bags of salt dumped into it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Got a down smash happy Cloud that lost by self destructing twice, changed his tag to "spam more" and left.

Man I love For Glory.
Are you in Smash WiiU right now? If I'd like to fight you with my Wii Fit Trainer. I've improved with her but I want to test it out with someone else.

D

Deleted member

Man I love For Glory.
*playing FG*
*guy keeps charging Smash attacks against Corrin*
*counters*
*changes tag to ZERO SKILL*
*starts laughing*

Unwise to steal from someone who values money over lives.....

Unless you're Wario.
You can get away with it and pound people who try to steal from you mercilessly.

Wario > Anna.
I'm sorry but how exactly is trash better than best waifu?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
AA6 boxart.

The muddy gold is kinda eh and lazy but I like the character art a lot.

One thing I do want to show attention to is the B rating. I'm assuming this means we're going back to T rather than M.

Just something I thought was interesting.

Burruni

Smash Hero
One thing I do want to show attention to is the B rating. I'm assuming this means we're going back to T rather than M.

Just something I thought was interesting.
What pushed AA5 to M again?
Edit: Case 5.
I didn't think about that being hard enough to push to M.
Maybe I'm a bit desensitized or maybe it's because Fatal Frame's been T for the full series if my memory serves me right.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People say that For Glory is terrible, but I actually get a few people that completely destroy me.

I guess that just makes me terrible...
Are you in Smash WiiU right now? If I'd like to fight you with my Wii Fit Trainer. I've improved with her but I want to test it out with someone else.
Yep! I'm game for some matches.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*playing FG*
*guy keeps charging Smash attacks against Corrin*
*counters*
*changes tag to ZERO SKILL*
*starts laughing*

I'm sorry but how exactly is trash better than best waifu?
Hey, I'd charge Smash Attacks against Corrin too, but I admit I'm the scrubbiest of scrubs.

. . .Also I main Mega Man. Counters aren't my problem, reflectors and PK Magnets are. And pockets.

It's hilarious that that guy thought you had no skill because you countered, though. I know Corrin's counter has a nasty reputation for being OP, but a counter inherently requires you to TIME IT, thus requiring skill by default. If you just spam nothing but counters, even a terrible player like me could just walk up and grab you.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I literally just ignore most players on FG...

It's actually kinda funny how hard they try sometimes to get under my skin, I'm just like 'LOL' 'urfunny'...then proceed to wreck em...then they get salty...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People say that For Glory is terrible, but I actually get a few people that completely destroy me.

I guess that just makes me terrible...

Yep! I'm game for some matches.
I sometimes get destroyed but usually because of lag or I'm playing a character I don't usually play. I really don't know who to play as online as none of my mains feel "lag-safe". I sometimes just go random.

The best matches are when the connection is good and so is the player, then it feels intense and like a really fun challenge. This match was an example of that for me (I was Corrin).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
FG isn't bad but it seriously depends on the region

Japan players usually lag like crazy sometimes but they are incredible with :4villager::4yoshi::4greninja:&:4tlink:

Europe/Australia is super varied but goes on the flowchart as well. But they have some decent players who play :4marth::4luigi::4fox::4bayonetta::4lucas::4ganondorf:&:4shulk:

USA/Canada/Mexico are the worst of the bunch with the tryhard players of :4mario::4falcon::4dk:&:4fox:, scrub attractors like :4link::4littlemac::4feroy:&:4ness:, the flavor of the month DLC players and the little kids who play :4lucario::4mewtwo::4bowser::4dedede:&:4sonic:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Japan players usually lag like crazy sometimes but they are incredible with :4villager::4yoshi::4greninja:&:4tlink:

Europe/Australia is super varied but goes on the flowchart as well. But they have some decent players who play :4marth::4luigi::4fox::4bayonetta::4lucas::4ganondorf:&:4shulk:

USA/Canada/Mexico are the worst of the bunch with the tryhard players of :4mario::4falcon::4dk:&:4fox:, scrub attractors like :4link::4littlemac::4feroy:&:4ness:, the flavor of the month DLC players and the little kids who play :4lucario::4mewtwo::4bowser::4dedede:&:4sonic:
There also are just some characters.
When you see them and just go..
"Either this person mains this character and is staying loyal and thus has that hidden lab tech you can only pray to overcome or are just randoming."
:4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4falco::4gaw::4olimar::4pacman:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

You forgot Mexican Samus players. Just as bad as the Mexican Links.

One of them got me so pissed off with how they were lagging the game like crazy but were still IMMACULATE with their shots, and could dodge my attacks by just WALKING out of the way and then there were plenty of times where the game just ignored my inputs.

I mean fair play that some people can still play decently with lag that bad, but I really wish the game would stop picking the worst countries to pair me with in terms of connections.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There also are just some characters.
When you see them and just go..
"Either this person mains this character and is staying loyal and thus has that hidden lab tech you can only pray to overcome or are just randoming."
:4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4falco::4gaw::4olimar::4pacman:
I got mad respect for Pac-Man and Bowser Jr players because how much effort they put into them.

My absolute love goes for three specific players

:4drmario: players because they have to play perfectly and rely on the best options on how they handle their character. They know they are the worst Mario but they use it to their advantage

:4duckhunt: players who know spamming doesn't benefit them at the slightest and goes for the mixup and trap game. They have awful kill options but they use creative ways to kill.

And :4sonic: players who play RADICALLY different from the usual flowchart punks. They are the ones who try to give Sonic players a good name

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't judge people for playing :4sonic:, as I like him as a character and play as him from time to time.

But I will say that if the players are anything like what I encountered a couple of times on 3DS FG early on (one being a ditto), they seriously need to lay off the Spin Dashes.

Like, not even for my sake. I'll take the free win that results from them flinging themselves off the stage.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
that's pretty different from saying it now (where cloud is universally agreed to be p busted lol) but still that's really pre-emptive

i still have no idea why anyone thought cloud was bad tho, a fast swordsman who actually hits hard and can consistently kill people is a very good recipe+his top tier neutral

i think your friend is just bad at video games

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You forgot Mexican Samus players. Just as bad as the Mexican Links.

One of them got me so pissed off with how they were lagging the game like crazy but were still IMMACULATE with their shots, and could dodge my attacks by just WALKING out of the way and then there were plenty of times where the game just ignored my inputs.

I mean fair play that some people can still play decently with lag that bad, but I really wish the game would stop picking the worst countries to pair me with in terms of connections.
We call those Spamus players.

Those existed since Melee. And they do nothing but spam projectiles and Charge Shots to the bitter end.

Their alternate counterpart includes Zero Skill Spamus

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't judge people for playing :4sonic:, as I like him as a character and play as him from time to time.

But I will say that if the players are anything like what I encountered a couple of times on 3DS FG early on (one being a ditto), they seriously need to lay off the Spin Dashes.

Like, not even for my sake. I'll take the free win that results from them flinging themselves off the stage.
Well if it's just plain, mindless Spin Dashes, then yeah, they aren't good Sonic players.

However, both versions of the Spin Dash are Sonic's signature moves in this game. They're like, Sonic's Luma/Monado Arts/Metal Blade/etc. There are a bunch of ATs and options you can use from Spin Dashing so it's essential to use it fairly frequently and intelligently in order to play him well.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just have to point out how much I am disappointed in how my top three characters get such a bad rap, for one reason or another...
:4link:-FG Spammer
:4zss:-'Zero Skill Spamus'
:4cloud:-Pay to win

*sigh* SMH...

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
i actually dont hate the sonic matchup

probably bc i play mad anal so i just wait for sonics to do things and hit them for it

also ive practiced it a lot with one of the mods of the sonic discord

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
that's pretty different from saying it now (where cloud is universally agreed to be p busted lol) but still that's really pre-emptive

i still have no idea why anyone thought cloud was bad tho, a fast swordsman who actually hits hard and can consistently kill people is a very good recipe+his top tier neutral

i think your friend is just bad at video games
I can confirm he's bad. Case and point, he has next to no experience in anything else. He even didn't know how to trade items in Xenoblade until he was at Mechonis. And he followed Chuggaa's vids.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I sometimes get destroyed but usually because of lag or I'm playing a character I don't usually play. I really don't know who to play as online as none of my mains feel "lag-safe". I sometimes just go random.
I rarely stray from my pool of characters and lag usually isn't that big of an issue.
:4ness::4shulk::4cloud::4olimar::4gaw::4kirby::4link:
And out of these, Ness and Shulk trump everyone by a large margin with around 600+ matches each (combined Wii U/3DS). Ness would be my "proper" main, since I go for him when I really want to win, and overall perform much better with him. But I've been practicing my Shulk more and I'm sure the only thing that's holding me back is the ridiculous startup lag on his moves.

But even when I use my best, I get matches where it feels like the opponent is in turbo mode from Project M and I can barely even move, let alone try to fight back.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can confirm he's bad. Case and point, he has next to no experience in anything else. He even didn't know how to trade items in Xenoblade until he was at Mechonis. And he followed Chuggaa's vids.
Is your friend DSP by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom